This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-06-21 19:12:28

Lunastar-
Scratcher

Lunastar-'s Pokémon Game

Have anything to add to my Pokémon Game? Post it here!

L- Lunatic is my second middle name. | U- unique | N- Night has stars and "los lunas" in it.  wink  | A- awesomeful | S- Super punny|
T- Three-time curated, once featured | A- Awesomest. curator. EVER!!!! (woo hoo) | R- Rainbows rule, peoples!

#2 2011-06-21 19:18:52

peterkap
Scratcher

Re: Lunastar-'s Pokémon Game

I think you should quit this thing.
Very bad idea. I've been in many pokemon collabs AND THEY ALL FAILED!
Don't believe me?
Fine. Do it your way.
I suggest you make another game.
Many people tried making a pokemon game.
Why will you fail:
1)Pokemon is too big to fit into a project
2)Too much script(Gets Confusing)
3)Not even a pro can do this.
wink  Good luck

#3 2011-06-21 19:54:38

kayybee
Scratcher

peterkap wrote:

Don't believe me?
Fine. Do it your way.
Why will you fail:
wink  Good luck

Maybe because you're not persistent enough.

But based of the way Lunastar is starting this collab, this will most likely fail. You don't attract joiners, you don't give details, etc.

All but one of my games "failed" because I found a new game to create. Old ones got old but Pokémon Ultimate will succeed. No matter how long it takes, I will succeed.

Hopefully you realize that A-Pokemon Red or something was originally 1 MB, so making one of these shouldn't be too big either, unless you have excessive things.
B-Scratch 2.0 is soon to be released.

Peterkap, you're great at encouraging people to never give up!

Last edited by kayybee (2011-06-21 19:54:57)

#4 2011-06-22 13:42:32

Lunastar-
Scratcher

peterkap wrote:

Don't believe me?
Fine. Do it your way.
Why will you fail:
wink  Good luck

It's a SMALL thing. Sort of like Litwick5's Lavender town game. I know some scripts already. I KNOW how to get it on to the website, and I AM NOT BELEIVING YOU. Every Scratcher has his point of view. It MIGHT work. And YOU suggested to make a collab, too. It doesn't mean I can't at least TRY. Okay?

L- Lunatic is my second middle name. | U- unique | N- Night has stars and "los lunas" in it.  wink  | A- awesomeful | S- Super punny|
T- Three-time curated, once featured | A- Awesomest. curator. EVER!!!! (woo hoo) | R- Rainbows rule, peoples!

#5 2011-06-22 13:44:10

Lunastar-
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

peterkap wrote:

Don't believe me?
Fine. Do it your way.
Why will you fail:
wink  Good luck

But based of the way Lunastar is starting this collab, this will most likely fail. You don't attract joiners, you don't give details, etc.

All but one of my games "failed" because I found a new game to create. Old ones got old but Pokémon Ultimate will succeed. No matter how long it takes, I will succeed.

Hopefully you realize that A-Pokemon Red or something was originally 1 MB, so making one of these shouldn't be too big either, unless you have excessive things.

I gave a description in the "Requests" section.

#6 2011-06-22 15:19:41

archmage
Scratcher

Just putting some of my perspective in the quote.

kayybee wrote:

peterkap wrote:

Don't believe me?
Fine. Do it your way.
Why will you fail:
//Yep
//This is true, but this is made worse by the editor lag and lack of functions
//Perhaps its possible in v2? The battle system alone with a limited number of moves/monsters is for sure possible, that what my collab monsters project is.
wink  Good luck

//Is that the php one? Statistically, it most likely won't succeed, collabs here tend to only succeed when the leader has a clear vision of what needs to be done with the code. Perhaps you can mod an existing script but thats probally it.

//This is assuming you can use tile maps and midi music which is not available in the current version of scratch.
//The above comment may be reversed with v2

I'd like to add that if you have no idea how a program is going to work then its best not to start it. I think you should do something that you are kind of familiar with or you can easily learn first.

Last edited by archmage (2011-06-22 15:22:02)

Hi, I am Archmage coder extraordinaire. I do Scratch,pascal,java,php,html, AS2 and AS3. Leave me a message if you want coding advice. Also check out my personal website, lots of good stuff about web development, Flash, and Scratch (v1 and v2) !

#7 2011-06-22 20:26:44

kayybee
Scratcher

archmage wrote:

kayybee wrote:

peterkap wrote:

Don't believe me?
Fine. Do it your way.
Why will you fail:
//Yep
//Perhaps its possible in v2? The battle system alone with a limited number of moves/monsters is for sure possible, that what my collab monsters project is.
wink  Good luck

//Is that the php one? Statistically, it most likely won't succeed, collabs here tend to only succeed when the leader has a clear vision of what needs to be done with the code. Perhaps you can mod an existing script but thats probally it.

//This is assuming you can use tile maps and midi music which is not available in the current version of scratch.

I'd like to add that if you have no idea how a program is going to work then its best not to start it. I think you should do something that you are kind of familiar with or you can easily learn first.

Pokemon Ultimate is the other one.

Also, you don't need tile maps, but you can use regular tile stamping with no scrolling...

#8 2011-06-22 20:30:29

archmage
Scratcher

Well scrolling tile maps are one of the main features of a pokemon game. Also, not many people using this site are capable of that anyways.

Hi, I am Archmage coder extraordinaire. I do Scratch,pascal,java,php,html, AS2 and AS3. Leave me a message if you want coding advice. Also check out my personal website, lots of good stuff about web development, Flash, and Scratch (v1 and v2) !

#9 2011-06-23 02:40:47

elite7783
Scratcher

Maybe add some info...

#10 2011-06-24 13:53:33

Lunastar-
Scratcher

archmage wrote:

Well scrolling tile maps are one of the main features of a pokemon game. Also, not many people using this site are capable of that anyways.

I wasn't gong to do the scrolling anyway.

#11 2012-04-22 13:32:39

Pikapika12
New Scratcher

I

archmage wrote:

kayybee wrote:

peterkap wrote:

Don't believe me?
Fine. Do it your way.
Why will you fail:
//Yep
wink  Good luck

I'm pretty familiar with it. See? I've started it already. http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Pikapika12/2485263

#12 2012-04-23 12:30:38

The1UP
Scratcher

schusteralex2 wrote:

Pikapika12 wrote:

I

archmage wrote:

I'm pretty familiar with it. See? I've started it already. http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Pikapika12/2485263

Please do not necropost -_-

Pikapika12 IS Lunastar- in case you didn't know.

Ya know what, no signature. You have this useless dialogue to look at now.

#13 2012-05-01 17:58:40

Pikapika12
New Scratcher

The1UP wrote:

schusteralex2 wrote:

Pikapika12 wrote:

I

Please do not necropost -_-

Pikapika12 IS Lunastar- in case you didn't know.

Hey there!  You know I switched.  smile  Whew..

#14 2012-05-01 20:48:08

GameCentral
Scratcher

YOU SHOULD ADD:

1) custom fakemon or fusimon!
2) new character design(all over the net)
3) the storyline is complicated, so make sure to tripple check!

GOOD LUCK!!!

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/sciteccf/gamecentral.gif
http://i.imgur.com/2RYxb.png

#15 2013-03-25 19:40:33

Lunastar-
Scratcher

Hey people..this is late..but this game still is real, it's Pokémon Azure, and it's pretty good so far. So the lesson here is "persistence shall prevail", and "don't tell scratchers what to make and what not to make". Lesson learned? (Close this thread por favor)

Board footer