This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-03-17 13:53:29

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

Ingarts

Hey guys, I've been working on some Pokemon inspired writing that I like to call Ingarts. I thought that it would be cool to share, and see if anyone thought it was good. I am considering making a game out of it as I finish more of it, but for now I just want to release the stories. Here is part of the first Volume as a sneak peek.
                                                Preview
        People have changed, animals have changed, everything has changed. The creatures that live in this world are called Ingarts. They are computer based creatures that were created when the last animal went extinct. Ingarts have become everything to everyone. They are the warriors of strategic trainers, the pets of young children, and entertainment for the world. Many researchers study Ingarts in small towns, and in these towns they give the gift of Ingarts to all the kids who are ready.
    Blexos town in the state of Veros is a small tropical town where Dr. Lance Stuart researches some of the rarest Ingarts proven to exist. In a tree house hanging over Dr. Stuart’s lab lived Ryan Triheart a 16 year old boy who had moved in from another state.
    Ryan was very helpful to Dr. Stuart he did everything for Dr. Stuart except for one thing. Dr. Stuart never had Ryan go on a journey across the state to gather data on the many wild Ingarts that roamed the state.
    After leaving for 8 months, Joe Styles, Dr. Stuart’s lead field researcher returned to Blexos town without any data because he dropped his notebooks in a swamp. This was a huge problem and since Joe was fired, Dr. Stuart needed a field researcher.
    When Ryan heard about Joe getting fired, he stepped up for the job because he had always loved working with Ingarts and wanted to have a chance to participate in the many tournaments across the state.
    When Ryan applied for the job, Dr. Stuart said that only an Ingart battle could decide that. Then Dr. Stuart borrowed Ryan an Ingart called Zeckie and the battle began. Ryan pushed the button on his Power Crystal just as Dr. Stuart pushed the button on his power crystal. Then the Zeckie that Ryan was using which was a nature type and the Ocress that Dr. Stuart was using which was a hydration type both appeared on the battlefield. Ryan had a major class type advantage, but Dr. Stuart had a higher skill level so the match was even.
    Ryan’s Zeckie could use the attacks, gnaw and grass blade. He chose grass blade because it does double damage on hydration types. Zeckie who was a crocodile that stood on two feet turned his claws into razor sharp blades of grass and lashed them at one small point on the body of the blue cat Ocress. The grass absorbed all the moisture from the point it hit and gave Zeckie a charge level of 7 and did damage to Ocress. Because of how much energy Zeckie absorbed, it learned and used the move rapid release.
    Then Dr. Stuart had Ocress use rage rush. As the blue cat turned into a ball of black smoke and tried to charge at Zeckie. Just as Ocress made her impact Zeckie used gnaw. Zeckie bit Ocress and then threw her to the ground. As Ocress hit the ground, a huge wave of water was released and Zeckie absorbed it into a charge level of 9.
    Then Ryan quickly had Zeckie use rapid release. Zeckie emitted a wave of high energy concentrated on hitting Ocress in the face. When the energy hit Ocress, she was knocked out and left a puddle of water, which Zeckie absorbed and transmuted from 15 charge levels to an upgraded performance stat.
    After the battle Dr. Stuart plugged Zeckie and Ocress into his laptop. Then he pulled up a trainer score for Ryan. Ryan received a 384, which was good for a new trainer because the average beginning trainer score is a 112. Dr. Stuart was in awe because the only other time he had ever seen a beginner get a score over 175 was when he got a 384 himself.
    As Dr. Stuart sat awestruck at his desk, a man in a bursting red jumpsuit and a neon green mask crept up to the desk and stole Ocress. When he saw Ocress getting stolen, Ryan grabbed Zeckie and put him into his bag. By the time Dr. Stuart realized what was going on the man had bolted off with the laptop and Ocress. Before passing out Dr. Stuart said, “Ryan take Zeckie he’s yours, and go get my laptop back please.”
    Ryan bolted out the door with only one clue on where to go, the mysterious words The Cypherian Corporation that were printed on the man’s jumpsuit. The man had triggered the coconuts to fall from the trees in order to hold back Ryan and anyone else who could be chasing him, but Ryan wasn’t going to give up that easily. He pulled out Zeckie’s Power Crystal.
    Ryan quickly created a custom move called Leaf Blitz and had Zeckie use it. Zeckie turned his arms into giant razor sharp leaves and began to sprint so fast nobody could see him. Then Zeckie cut all the coconuts in half and landed feet first within two seconds of being released.
    Then Ryan dashed on into the horizon chasing after the thief who had stolen the laptop and Ocress from Dr. Stuart.

Last edited by YMIBANWAH (2013-03-18 18:58:07)

Ingarts read it today!

#2 2013-03-17 15:17:11

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Re: Ingarts

Ingarts sound cool - distance them from Pokemon.

What you have now is what a Pokemon story might sound like with the names swapped.

Also it's an infodump.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#3 2013-03-17 17:17:37

banana500
Scratcher

I don't understand the meaning of "ingart", could you explain it more?

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#4 2013-03-17 17:27:15

veggieman001
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

It seems to be a monster-type thing not unlike a Pokémon.

#5 2013-03-17 17:37:49

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

Its a digital creature created to replace animals after they went extinct. They got taken up a few notches and ended up similar to pokemon.

Ingarts read it today!

#6 2013-03-17 17:39:45

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Ingarts sound cool - distance them from Pokemon.

What you have now is what a Pokemon story might sound like with the names swapped.

Also it's an infodump.

Eventually the villains hack into the code of Ingarts and change them. I have distanced them out from pokemon in my head and it will make at whole lot more sense if you just wait for the rest to come out.

Ingarts read it today!

#7 2013-03-17 18:05:22

OrcaCat
Scratcher

Nice. It would be cool to make this into a project.

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#8 2013-03-17 18:44:28

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

Nice. It would be cool to make this into a project.

I'm considering starting a collaboration and making a game out of it.

Ingarts read it today!

#9 2013-03-18 18:58:31

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

Newly updated preview, check it out.

Ingarts read it today!

#10 2013-03-22 08:13:15

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

Bump