This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-03-17 00:45:19

jnb6355
Scratcher

Is it necessarily bad to post very long replies

If you look  at my tron game and scroll down a bit you'll probably see a comment saying something like "This the wrse game ever". I misspelled it on purpose because that's how negative comments on my game usually are. When I get comments like that I really get angry and write about three 450-500 character comments about how they didn't tell me why it was bad, what they misspelled, and that it's not bad because so many people like it. Like I said I write about 1200-1500 character messages back, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm being too harsh, but if you actually find one of my long comments on my tron game I don't actually insult them back, so I'm not really sure if I'm just over reacting or being perfectly rational, but I guess this is a more personal problem. Also I don't really understand why I keep getting those comments; I've gotten six so far but everyone else is fine.

#2 2013-03-17 01:07:07

veggieman001
Scratcher

Re: Is it necessarily bad to post very long replies

From what I see, you are kind of attacking them a little and you can't just say 'Please be aware I haven't insulted you besides saying "From what I see you haven't made any better projects."'.   hmm  Insulting isn't okay, even if they insult you. If you think their comment is hurtful or mean, just flag it.

#3 2013-03-17 12:34:42

joshuaho
Scratcher

jnb6355 wrote:

If you look  at my tron game and scroll down a bit you'll probably see a comment saying something like "This the wrse game ever". I misspelled it on purpose because that's how negative comments on my game usually are. When I get comments like that I really get angry and write about three 450-500 character comments about how they didn't tell me why it was bad, what they misspelled, and that it's not bad because so many people like it. Like I said I write about 1200-1500 character messages back, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm being too harsh, but if you actually find one of my long comments on my tron game I don't actually insult them back, so I'm not really sure if I'm just over reacting or being perfectly rational, but I guess this is a more personal problem. Also I don't really understand why I keep getting those comments; I've gotten six so far but everyone else is fine.

You can always click the (flag as inappropiate) button. The Scratch Team will remove it, and send a message telling the scratcher who made the bad comment that it got removed.

Did you know that you can go to space and see Mars by clicking here?

#4 2013-03-17 12:36:41

joshuaho
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

From what I see, you are kind of attacking them a little and you can't just say 'Please be aware I haven't insulted you besides saying "From what I see you haven't made any better projects."'.   hmm  Insulting isn't okay, even if they insult you. If you think their comment is hurtful or mean, just flag it.

At least he hasn't mentioned their names.

Did you know that you can go to space and see Mars by clicking here?

#5 2013-03-18 14:34:06

jackrulez
Scratcher

Dude, like none of your projects actually have negative comments on them. Granted, I didn't look past the first page, but...

Yawn, another boring text signature. I should really make something better.

Board footer