This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2013-03-15 12:24:31

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

Re: Warriors Collab

Again, why would an a prentice go there? Apprentices get there warrior names through the leader, not a moon pool journey. o3o

#27 2013-03-15 15:32:32

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

mintfang wrote:

So what should I do first? I can draw some cat sprites, if you want. Or dogs. The only things I fail at drawing is vegetation and people. And most other things. I can do cats, dogs, sometimes birds if I'm drawing it by hand, and sometimes small animals. I'll try anything, though. If it sucks you can get someone else to do it.

small animals? k. you can draw prey. can you do a ......... mouse and a vole? thanks

#28 2013-03-15 15:33:38

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

big_smile  I see your points. Good Choice.
Do you want to do either of the optionals? Another optional could be fetching fresh-kill and bringing it back, but it the same version as c. This time though, they tell you what prey and how much you want and you memorize their order and bring it back to them ASAP.
(Wow I have a lot of Optionals for this Option XD)

optional and optional #2

#29 2013-03-15 15:35:21

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

Ok, so here's my next idea:

After taking care of the elders,your mentor comes up and tells you to fetch the traveling herbs from the med cat. (Either they will be there with the herbs ready or you have to find them) You do and you eat them then are on your way.
A)You are soon intersected by a WindClan patrol, but your mentor is abe to peacefully explain
B) Same as A, but you and the WindClan Patrol have a minor skirmish
C)After a while, you come acrosss a Dog. Using your new skills, you keep downwind and remain undetected
D)Same as C, but you have a minor battle with the dog
E)Smooth sailing--No problems  smile

If you choose B or D, it could be three hits and they run away. Plus five hits on you and you must return to your mentor. But as you grow more skilled, you can take more hits. For example, after the Moonpool you can take seven hits.

If you choose C, you could have to hide in bushes and run when he turns his head and such. You could also use this for the WindClan patrol.

You can choose one these options, a combination/multiple, or none of them. I have another idea where in the inactive periods of time you could be quizzed on the warrior code. If you like the quiz idea, I have a few Questions ready to go, and I could tell you the Warrior Code. Hope you Like  big_smile

B and C

and i like the quiz idea.

are we writing all this down?

#30 2013-03-15 15:43:26

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

Again, why is an apprentice going to the moon pool?! The moon pool is a sacred place. I can't remember any apprentice going to a MoonPool/Stone. o3o

#31 2013-03-15 15:47:28

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

i think they do
let me look it up

#32 2013-03-15 15:55:52

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

yeah, i think they do.

#33 2013-03-15 16:35:12

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

No they dont. I have read all the books except the newest one. The only apprentices to go there are the MEDECINE CAT apprentices. I will go get my field guide book.

#34 2013-03-15 16:41:17

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

never mind, they don't
:l
sorry

#35 2013-03-15 16:44:48

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

Yep. Found it. It says that the MoonPool/Stone is a sacred place that only Medicine Cat and Med. Cat apprentices, Leaders can enter on normal circumstances. Deputies may enter to sit by the leader, (not doing anything, just guarding), get there nine lives, or if the leader is unable to go to the MoonPool/Stone and it is really urgent, may speak to StarClan in the leader's place. A warrior may sometimes go there to protect the Med. Cat or Leader if the Leader/Deputy isn't available.

An apprentice gets there warrior name in a clan meeting, where the leader will perform the following ceremony:

Leader: I, (Leader), leader of (Clan), call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. (He/she) has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend (him/her) to you as a warrior in (his/her) turn.
Leader: (Apprentice), do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?
Apprentice: I do.
Leader: Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. (Apprentice), from this moment you will be known as (new warrior name). StarClan honors your (virtues), and we welcome you as a full warrior of (Clan).

The leader jumps down to the apprentice and rests their head on the former apprentices shoulder. The new warrior licks the leaders shoulder, then joins the rest of their clan. After all the apprentices ready to become a warrior are given their warrior name, the clan begins to chant the new names and congratulate the new warriors.

^^

#36 2013-03-15 16:47:48

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

(stupid 180 second rules)
Its fine. Just, before you say something is true, find an actual information source.  smile

If you ever need more information on something, I have access to a lot of books and sources. ^^

Also, I am redrawing the backgrounds right now. I am curious to what perspective it is from. Is it from above? the side? First person? etc

#37 2013-03-15 17:01:19

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

ShadowOfArt wrote:

(stupid 180 second rules)
Its fine. Just, before you say something is true, find an actual information source.  smile

If you ever need more information on something, I have access to a lot of books and sources. ^^

Also, I am redrawing the backgrounds right now. I am curious to what perspective it is from. Is it from above? the side? First person? etc

i don't know :l side i guess

it was a fine information source... ... it was just the wrong page  hmm 

Last edited by destructo-serpent (2013-03-15 17:02:09)

#38 2013-03-15 18:44:11

mintfang
Scratcher

destructo-serpent wrote:

mintfang wrote:

So what should I do first? I can draw some cat sprites, if you want. Or dogs. The only things I fail at drawing is vegetation and people. And most other things. I can do cats, dogs, sometimes birds if I'm drawing it by hand, and sometimes small animals. I'll try anything, though. If it sucks you can get someone else to do it.

small animals? k. you can draw prey. can you do a ......... mouse and a vole? thanks

Okay. I'll post 'em... at least by tommorrow?

http://i33.tinypic.com/25p1rw6.png

#39 2013-03-15 18:51:04

madbunnygal
Scratcher

What should I do to help?

http://i40.tinypic.com/30c50yb.png

#40 2013-03-15 18:56:17

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

nothing right now. we have all the cats we need for now

#41 2013-03-15 18:56:32

Waffle27
Scratcher

ShadowOfArt wrote:

No they dont. I have read all the books except the newest one. The only apprentices to go there are the MEDECINE CAT apprentices. I will go get my field guide book.

Hmm...Well I know Firepaw had to go before earning his Warrior Name. It's not where the ceremony is performed of course, I have read every single book except for Mistystar's Omen, and in the first book the apprentice's had to go. I don't know about the rest of the books though...
I own the Feild Guide too, and the first book and most of Omen of the Stars, also Yellowfang's Secret. I wrote down all the herbs mentioned in the book, even some that were not mentioned in the Feild Guide so I can also help out if anyone needs more info.  smile

Last edited by Waffle27 (2013-03-15 19:02:50)

#42 2013-03-15 19:19:55

madbunnygal
Scratcher

Even if they don't go to the moonstone in the books, I don't think it has to be the same as the books...

http://i40.tinypic.com/30c50yb.png

#43 2013-03-15 19:22:13

Waffle27
Scratcher

Ok, no offense to anyone I'm not trying to be mean or prove anyone wrong, really I'm not, I just want to make sure we still have the Moonpool part. So, look in the first book on page 162-3. Before I get all this hate, I KNOW that doesn't prove anything but Firepaw, Graypaw, and Ravenpaw having to go to the Moonpool with their mentors and Dustpaw and Sandpaw being promised their turn soon, so please no hate and lets just drop the conversation. And I personnally agree with Madbunnygal, it doesn't have to be EXACTLY like the books, just based off it.

ANYWAYS...

The Warrior Code

1. Defend your Clan-even with your life
2.Don't hunt or trepass on another Clan's territory.
3.Elders & Kits must be fed before Warriors & Apprentices
4.Prey is killed only to be eaten, give StarClan thanks for its life.
5. A kit must be 6 moons old to become an apprentice
6. New warriors must maintain a silent vigil for one night after being appointed.
7. A deputy must have mentored at least one apprentice.
8. In the cas that a leader dies, the deputy becomes leader.
9. A new deputy must be appointed before Moonhigh if the leader or perevious deputy die
10. Peaceful Gatherings between the Clans are held at Full Moon.
11. Boundries must be patrolled & marked daily.
12. No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, no matter the Clan
13. The word of the clan leader is warrior code
14. A warrior does not need to kill to win their battles, unless their enemy is breaking the warrior code, or in the event of self defense.
15. Reject the soft life of a kittypet.

So are we still doing the Moonpool or no?

Last edited by Waffle27 (2013-03-15 19:23:47)

#44 2013-03-15 19:23:18

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

ShadowOfArt wrote:

Hmm...Well I know Firepaw had to go before earning his Warrior Name. It's not where the ceremony is performed of course, I have read every single book except for Mistystar's Omen, and in the first book the apprentice's had to go. I don't know about the rest of the books though...
I own the Feild Guide too, and the first book and most of Omen of the Stars, also Yellowfang's Secret. I wrote down all the herbs mentioned in the book, even some that were not mentioned in the Feild Guide so I can also help out if anyone needs more info.  smile

No. The only time apprentices went there:
Bluestar and Tigerclaw take Firepaw, Graypaw, and Ravenpaw to Mothermouth. When it's time for Bluestar to go inside of the Mothermouth, to the Moonstone, she asks Firepaw and Tigerclaw to go in with her. Tigerclaw ends up leaving, because he was afraid of the power of the Moonstone, but Firepaw stays. Bluestar says that Tigerclaw is a strong warrior on the outside, but softhearted on the inside.
When they leave, Firepaw asks Graypaw and Ravenpaw what Tigerclaw said when he came out. Graypaw says that he was just checking if they were still guarding the cave. He then adds Ravenpaw is jumpy with Tigerclaw around. The young apprentice says it was creepy near the Mothermouth, and Graypaw half-heartedly agrees.

They went because they begged BlueStar to let them guard her.

Also, it isn't Warrior Cats if the Warrior Code/Sacred traditions are changed. Just my opinion.  hmm

#45 2013-03-15 19:25:22

Waffle27
Scratcher

ShadowOfArt wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

ShadowOfArt wrote:

No. The only time apprentices went there:
Bluestar and Tigerclaw take Firepaw, Graypaw, and Ravenpaw to Mothermouth. When it's time for Bluestar to go inside of the Mothermouth, to the Moonstone, she asks Firepaw and Tigerclaw to go in with her. Tigerclaw ends up leaving, because he was afraid of the power of the Moonstone, but Firepaw stays. Bluestar says that Tigerclaw is a strong warrior on the outside, but softhearted on the inside.
When they leave, Firepaw asks Graypaw and Ravenpaw what Tigerclaw said when he came out. Graypaw says that he was just checking if they were still guarding the cave. He then adds Ravenpaw is jumpy with Tigerclaw around. The young apprentice says it was creepy near the Mothermouth, and Graypaw half-heartedly agrees.

They went because they begged BlueStar to let them guard her.

Also, it isn't Warrior Cats if the Warrior Code/Sacred traditions are changed. Just my opinion.  hmm

And Lionheart promised that Dustpaw and Sandpaw would get to go soon. Again, lets just agree to disagree. No hard feelings?  smile

#46 2013-03-15 19:26:23

ShadowOfArt
New Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

Ok, no offense to anyone I'm not trying to be mean or prove anyone wrong, really I'm not, I just want to make sure we still have the Moonpool part. So, look in the first book on page 162-3. Before I get all this hate, I KNOW that doesn't prove anything but Firepaw, Graypaw, and Ravenpaw having to go to the Moonpool with their mentors and Dustpaw and Sandpaw being promised their turn soon, so please no hate and lets just drop the conversation.

ANYWAYS...

The Warrior Code

1. Defend your Clan-even with your life
2.Don't hunt or trepass on another Clan's territory.
3.Elders & Kits must be fed before Warriors & Apprentices
4.Prey is killed only to be eaten, give StarClan thanks for its life.
5. A kit must be 6 moons old to become an apprentice
6. New warriors must maintain a silent vigil for one night after being appointed.
7. A deputy must have mentored at least one apprentice.
8. In the cas that a leader dies, the deputy becomes leader.
9. A new deputy must be appointed before Moonhigh if the leader or perevious deputy die
10. Peaceful Gatherings between the Clans are held at Full Moon.
11. Boundries must be patrolled & marked daily.
12. No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, no matter the Clan
13. The word of the clan leader is warrior code
14. A warrior does not need to kill to win their battles, unless their enemy is breaking the warrior code, or in the event of self defense.
15. Reject the soft life of a kittypet.

So are we still doing the Moonpool or no?

The moon pool would only make sense if the character was a med cat  smile

Also, the backgrounds are almost done. I am having trouble deciding on a light source for the warrior den. xD

I will start the cats soon. ^^

[P.S. Before we end the conversation, I was writing my post as you said that. He promised them because they were jelous. Thats all I have to say. xD]

#47 2013-03-15 19:34:43

Waffle27
Scratcher

Awww.... sad  I was really proud of my Moonpool idea. Hmm...Maybe they could be hunting together when that stuff happens? Or doing a border patrol? Yeah, I think they should be doing a border patrol, but its up to you destructo-serpent. Maybe the test could be a sort of final assessment (we already did the Hunting Assessment and I KNOW they don't have a quiz assessment in the books so please don't post an argument it makes me sad to argue with people  sad ) If you still want the questions here are the ones I've thought of so far (if its multipe choice. It could also be fill in the blank style question):

-A Clan Cat rejects the life of a...
1)Warrior (If you don't like this option, feel free to replace it with "Rogue")
2)Medicine Cat
3)Loner
4)Kittypet

-Gatherings are held at...
1)Half Moons
2)Full Moons
3)New Moons
4)There are no gatherings.

How many questions should there be? Do you want me to come up with any more questions?

-A kit must be at least ____ Moons old to become an apprentice.
1)3 Moons
2)6 Moons
3)9 Moons
4)12 Moons

-Who is fed first in the clan?
1)Leader
2)Elders & Kits
3)Queens & Kits
4)Warriors & Apprentices

Last edited by Waffle27 (2013-03-15 20:15:21)

#48 2013-03-15 19:36:19

kittykatmeow
New Scratcher

Do we have a demo?

#49 2013-03-15 21:53:28

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

kittykatmeow wrote:

Do we have a demo?

the link to it is in hte main topic

#50 2013-03-15 21:54:40

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

Awww.... sad  I was really proud of my Moonpool idea. Hmm...Maybe they could be hunting together when that stuff happens? Or doing a border patrol? Yeah, I think they should be doing a border patrol, but its up to you destructo-serpent. Maybe the test could be a sort of final assessment (we already did the Hunting Assessment and I KNOW they don't have a quiz assessment in the books so please don't post an argument it makes me sad to argue with people  sad ) If you still want the questions here are the ones I've thought of so far (if its multipe choice. It could also be fill in the blank style question):

-A Clan Cat rejects the life of a...
1)Warrior (If you don't like this option, feel free to replace it with "Rogue")
2)Medicine Cat
3)Loner
4)Kittypet

-Gatherings are held at...
1)Half Moons
2)Full Moons
3)New Moons
4)There are no gatherings.

How many questions should there be? Do you want me to come up with any more questions?

-A kit must be at least ____ Moons old to become an apprentice.
1)3 Moons
2)6 Moons
3)9 Moons
4)12 Moons

-Who is fed first in the clan?
1)Leader
2)Elders & Kits
3)Queens & Kits
4)Warriors & Apprentices

okay, this is getting overwhelming

new idea
you can make the storyline without asking me if it's good. just make sure it gos with the warrior books.
big_smile

Board footer