This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-03-10 14:20:01

hlbranch
New Scratcher

Scratch - problems with backgrounds (originally posted on Edmodo)

Hi,
I've been having issues with a scratch project. Whenever I attempt to access the backgrounds on the stage, it comes up with an error message "Message Not Understood: primitive fail". The project currently has 20 backgrounds: is this a limitation of scratch?
I would upload the code (if someone can tell me how) - why can't I attach the file (or am I being a bit thick?)

#2 2013-03-10 14:48:58

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

Re: Scratch - problems with backgrounds (originally posted on Edmodo)

There's no 20 background limit in Scratch...many projects have far more.  There is a total size limitation of 10Mb - but you should get an error message that tells you that if you are running into that limit.

Your bug sounds more like a corrupted version of Scratch.  Were you working with a modified version of it by any chance?  To upload the project, there should be Share button - if there isn't, that's another indication that maybe you are working with a modified version of Scratch (which aren't allowed to share to the website).

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#3 2013-03-10 16:27:56

hlbranch
New Scratcher

Hi
The actual project is on a memory stick, as it is actually one of my pupils who has done this at school. Is there anyway I can attach it from a memory stick or is it better to wait unitl I am in school and get him to attach it. I will obviously check the verson in school to see if that is the issue.

#4 2013-03-11 08:20:28

hlbranch
New Scratcher

I have just tried to upload it in school and it has come up with a "message not understood - primitive fail"
Please help

Board footer