This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-03-06 12:55:43

topcatthomas
New Scratcher

addin model...scratch 2.0

hi,

i noticed much discussion on the beat about the pianter, i would suggest that you also allow us to specify our own editors, which will almost certainly be much better than anything the devs can do in the time allowed.

should be simple enough to save the bitmap as a temp file then pass this as a param to the user defined paint app, then monitor the file for any changes and update when happens.

all simple enough to do i think, although perhaps OS dependent.

in fact i would introduce a proper addin model across the board in scratch 2.0 to allow us all to extend it easily without having to build the whole of scratch.

pretty standard stuff for a modern day application i would have thought...

#2 2013-03-06 13:02:33

Bklecka
Scratcher

Re: addin model...scratch 2.0

topcatthomas wrote:

hi,

i noticed much discussion on the beat about the pianter, i would suggest that you also allow us to specify our own editors, which will almost certainly be much better than anything the devs can do in the time allowed.

should be simple enough to save the bitmap as a temp file then pass this as a param to the user defined paint app, then monitor the file for any changes and update when happens.

all simple enough to do i think, although perhaps OS dependent.

in fact i would introduce a proper addin model across the board in scratch 2.0 to allow us all to extend it easily without having to build the whole of scratch.

pretty standard stuff for a modern day application i would have thought...

From what i can tell, he wants to be able to specify your own paint editor/sound editor.

http://i48.tinypic.com/106ijc9.jpg

#3 2013-03-06 13:16:08

MrFlash67
Scratcher

Thing is, I don't think that Mac OS X has a built-in paint editor. But still, alongside the 2.0 one this would be good.

Who would win, SOPA or PIPA?

#4 2013-03-06 14:31:02

scimonster
Community Moderator

You CAN draw in an external editor and then import. However, actual integration with external editors might be harder to support, with all of the OSes they currently support.

Board footer