This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-03-02 18:54:45

co13
Scratcher

TigerBuild1.5

link to TigerBuild site here: TigerBuild1.5's page Click here to get to site Leads to the tigerbuild site. The link (site) has not been approved w/the scratch team, but it follows the rules because there's no commenting on the page, and I am the only one that can modify it. Don't worry the site that it leads to will have many useful features. The site will be finished on May12th, but updates will be applied to the site. I have now moved to the 2.0 site. Find me here: beta.scratch.mit.edu/users/co13

WARNING: HUGE DESCRIPTION AHEAD. If you want to skip it, see the short version below, but you might miss out on a lot of useful information.Short Version of T.B.1.5 (Scroll up when you get there) This is co13. I'm making a mod called TigerBuild1.5. It used to be called TigerBlocks1.7 here: T.B1.7/NeedModding Help! That information is not 100% accurate, actually a lot lower. It is basically the next version of scratch if it had been continued from squeak. It's in the beta stage, but there's no exact day it will come out yet. I wasn't able to replicate all the blocks exactly, the most of them are different even if the names are the same. Also, 2.0 only had 10+ blocks in the beta although can be very useful. Here's what is new aka: features and blocks that weren't in the original scratch1.4 that are in T.B.1.5.:

New Features:
Import Block: You can import a block from another .sb file. I'm unsure how it works. I think it will either import a block like it imports a project, or import a block directly into your the mod. Disclaimer: I didn't make this feature (only added it in) and it is untested and may not work properly, but you can try.

Mesh: Mesh on Wiki

New Blocks and How to use ones that are different (vary) from 2.0 [update: see manual on our temporary page]:
1) set rotation style to normal, left/right, or none.
2) change costume # by (value) costumes. When a sprite is on its 1st costume, it skips over (value) costumes. When a sprite is on any other costume the sprite skips (value-1) costumes. Disclaimer: I couldn't replicate the "switch to backdrop" block b/c I only know 3% of modding, and it would be difficult to make the block in squeak if you know 53% of block modding (block modding chart on bottom).
3) clone me-makes a duplicate of the sprite you are on.
4) Deletes the sprite you were on before you made the clone.  The sprite you were using title becomes "spritename2" ex) "Sprite1"-> "Sprite2" You will also have to change the spritename of this script, if it was one change it to sprite2:

when gf clicked

repeat (10)

if  <touching sprite2>

move (10) steps

I apologize for the obsolete version of this block above, but there's no need to fix it b/c it's close to the real one. Anyways you should get the point. WARNING! Do not clone the background, or use this script! "clone me, delete me" right next to each other.. The blocks are only there b/c that's the only way I could fit it for the sprite. The background or sprite will turn into a stringmorph, then the background and will not function like a sprite. Althought you can use this script: "clone me, wait 1 secs, delete me".

5) open camera window: opens the camera windows so you can take pictures. I don't have a webcam so I'm unsure if it takes a picture of the stage, or of your environment. This is in place of the video motion. It's a downgrade, but its something at least.

6) Get date, short date, time, seconds, minutes, hours, or day-Reports whichever one selected

Extra Blocks Help: (Non-Replacement blocks help. The ones above were replacement blocks for Scratch2.0): Unavalible, will be availible soon.

Update Note: I made a Help Manual/Full Guide in Mircosoft word for T.B.1.5.-S1.4V (1.4 version only, some stuff might help with the source version). Replacement Blocks Help, Extra Blocks Help, and DevHelp is included. It will be availible for download when T.B.1.5 is released.

Blocks needed: I couldn't make the "user id" block b/c T.B.1.5 works offline only. The closest block to it is the "password for (username) is (answer) block. Either I wrote the block wrong or I didn't use it right. Any help?

The menus have been updated as well. The share menu has the new mesh features, and a link to the QuakingProductions temporary "TigerBuild" page since this mod is part of TeamRumble. Although I made the mod w/the block library and I researched features such as the Import Block one. The help menu will also be changed. Cloud Data is impossible to make (for now) w/squeak b/c this program only runs offline. Update Note: There actual is a way for cloud data in 1.4, but it's extremely difficult and I don't have the link with me now. It's actually possible though (100%True). However I'm not actual sure if it is the same kind of cloud data/works as well as 2.0. Also, there will be only 1 version. Update the file menu has been changed to "fileAndDev". All original file features including the shift ones, and dev menu functions are included. Dev will be included and not hidden so all scratchers can mod it. Please don't call the mod "T.B.1.6", TigerBlock1.6, or TigerBuild1.6 though. You can call it ex) TigerBuildB. If so thanks. RUMBLE ON! SCRATCH ON! Note: The menus haven't yet been made in the source. However I was able to make the menus directly off of 1.4. I will make the menus in the source or at least try to, but I think they won't be that functional unless other scratchers and I are able to help.
Here's the Block Modding Chart according to my hypothesis's:
4) Knowing how to write all other block codes: 50%

This is my basic block modding chart for now. Since I'm not close to a full modder, I'm sure it isn't really correct but it should get a general idea across. If anyone who knows modding, please tell me if I need to fix it. 46% credit to The Block Library 50% credit to the Scratch Team for making scratch1.4 and the source code. 1% credit to scratchers who made the import block, and mesh features. 1.9% credit to scratchers who helped me make features: FanMarioPL... 2.1% credit to me for putting it all together. Once again RUMBLE ON! SCRATCH ON!

Note2: The mod will be availible here when the its finished.

OS Support:

WindowsXP, Windows Vista, and Windows7

Language: English only

T.B.1.5 Release Date+Stage, and Version: T.B.1.5-Scratch1.4 Version (T.B.1.5-S1.4V) is now in it's Gama Stage. I know there is usually only a alpha, and gama stage but it It needs a little more work, so it has a gama stage. T.B.1.5-Source Version (T.B.1.5-SV) is currently in it's alpha stage. T.B.1.5-S1.4V will be released before Scratch2.0 comes out. T.B1.5-SV will be released beofore Scratch2.0 comes out. Unknown exact dates. The S1.4V will come out before The T.B.1.5-SV based on it's stages, and before Scratch2.0. This is b/c Scratch2.0 will have no more new features and blocks in it's beta stage so there is no need to make more replacement blocks for 2.0. The Scratch Team (ST) has alot more testing for 2.0 so I'm sure T.B.1.5 will come out before 2.0, b/c the (ST) didn't get an official release date for Scratch2.0 yet. T.B.1.5 will have an official release date for both versions. Note: The difference b/t the T.B.1.5-S1.4V and The T.B.1.5.-SV is that the S1.4V will have no new categories and better working menus and the SV will have menus w/less functions/worse menus but +3 more categories. This is why I am making T.B. with the source and off Scratch1.4
Update: TigerBuild1.5-S1.4 is finished. However it will not come out before the source version. They will both come out at the same time. No official release date yet.

(scroll down to second comment)

Last edited by co13 (2013-04-30 16:46:50)

http://www.scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/722915_med.png?t=2013-04-20+10%3A22%3A33 Click image to go to my stuff SAVE SCRATCH 1.4 SITE

#2 2013-03-03 17:58:13

co13
Scratcher

Re: TigerBuild1.5

(If you came here by link, remember to scroll up to the above post first)

I'm seperating this post from the one above b/c the other one was getting real long.

Update1: We now have a page for this project. Once, the mod its finished it will lead you to the main "T.B.1.5" site. Most likely, I will make a site for it.

Unforteunately I can't give you a direct link to the site due to scratch's rules. I assure you it's 100% safe. Here's the
Steps:
1) go to www.duckduckgo.com (google doesn't work for this, and I didn't try the other main search engines).
2) Search "QuakingProductions" w/out quotes
3) click the first link
4) Click on the "TigerBuild" section
5) You have arrived @ our T.B1.5 Site, Help, and Info page

FAQ:

Why make 2.0 in squeak when its already in flash? Some scratchers prefer the 1.4 environment over the 2.0. Also, useful features like mesh wasn't in 2.0. I made a multiplayer project over LAN here: Crate Score Updated The mesh range can be extended here: Hamachi

Scratch is an open source, shouldn't you be able to mod 2.0? You can make a mod of T.B.1.5, you cannot mod scratch2.0 for now. The Scratch Team made directly modding1.4 hidden (shift-clicking "R"), I'm sure they will make it even harder this time, and the source code is hard to mod if you are unable to install the ScratchPlugin. That's since the menus don't work. I am one of those victims. Hopefully they will make the 2.0 source code included w/working menus. Note: I remade the mod in the source code again (second time making it in the source), and I'm not sure how to add menu/menu functions, ex) file-> open leads me to a squeak error. Can anyone help?

T.B.1.5 Additon of blocks from1.4 compared to Scratch2.0 Beta, and features comparison:

Scratch2.0:

Motion: +1

Looks: +2

Sound: +0

Data/Variables functions: +0 functions.

Control+Events: +5

Sensing: +4

Operators: +0

Pen: +0

Features: Cloud Data/Vector Editor/Make Your own Blocks (+3)
Total Blocks+: 12

categories [(events) (even though the scratch team broke the "control" tab into 2 categories)] +1

T.B.1.5 (Based on the S1.4V):
Control:

Motion: +3

Looks: +2

Sound: +0

Data/Variables functions: +0 functions.

Control+Events: +8

Sensing: +2

Operators: +0

Pen: +1

Total Blocks +16.

The 6 Working Obsolete Blocks are included (come with) this mod, but they aren't directly in the mod, they are in a sprite in the mod's folder. This makes the unofficial total +22, but they weren't directly added to the mod so the official total is +16.

Update: This is the official T.B.1.5 Block # Scale. There will be 3 more categories in T.B.1.5.-SV That will be the control2, obsolete, and "more categories" tabs .

New Features: ImportBlock and Mesh (Mesh exception is that when you download scratch, mesh isn't included and you have to manually add it in. Note: It is the alternative to "cloud data"). +2 Note: We were not able to re-create the "make your own blocks feature"

My Questions- Please help, you will be credited: How do you remove the line b/t the blocks and the tab section, or make it lower (SV credit only)? Also I'm still having trouble fixing the menus. How do you install the scratch plugin or fix the menus in the source code (SV credit only)? How do you replace a tab in the source code (SV credit only)? Note: If these questions are answered, I can make the mod in the source code.  Extra Questions: How do you add tabs to the actual Scratch1.4?

Update2) I might make this mod in directly off of 1.4 as well so you can share projects directly to the scratch site b/c it's a balance b/t scratch1.4 and 2.0 explanation from my project update12: I'm debating whether or not to make a second version of my mod (T.B.1.5) directly off of scratch1.4. That would be a complete balance b/t 1.4 and 2.0 since it could share projects to the 2.0 site, have replacement 2.0 blocks and has the 1.4 environment. I'm not sure that it will be approved by the scratch team even if I credit them, but I'll ask and credit them. SCRATCH AND RUMBLE ON!

Update3) T.B.1.5 will be re-made off the real scratch1.4. I believe I figured out how to add tabs to it. Also, the source code gives me way too many errors. I tried replacing my "file" category to "control2", and I got an error that got rid of all the categories and the blocks. Basically crashing the mod. Someone should make a fourms post on how to replace a category. Also I didn't find of section where it says how to fix the menus for the source. I will re-make the mod for the 2nd time from scratch1.4. I already made it once in 1.4 and thrice (3 times) in the source. There will only be a version made off of 1.4, not the source unless things change again. I'm unsure if it will be able to share projects to the scratch site, but when it's finish I ask the S.T. (Scratch Team) for it. For now SCRATCH AND RUMBLE ON! Note: Rumble On! Is the motto of the QuakingProductions/TeamRumble and it doesn't have a trademark or a restriction. Please give credit if your going to use it for some like this: RUMBLE On! credit to the QuakingProductions for the motto.

Update4: T.B.1.5-S1.4V is finished, but won't be released until the source version is finished and the site is made.

Future Note: In the "not too far future" there may be a TigerBuild1.6". That will include more blocks and more features. That includes the "Build Your Own Block" feature because it will be made off BYOB3.0. It is extremely difficult to add the "BYOB/MYOB" section to Scratch1.4. JSO* was a Scratch Genius. If T.B.1.6 is made it will be made off BYOB3.0, downgraded back to Scratch1.4, made into T.B.1.5, then added with more blocks and features to create T.B.1.6. Note: I might make the 1.6 version b/c Scratch2.0 has the MYOB feature, and T.B.1.5 doesn't. I have this feeling Scratch2.0 will be chosen over T.B.1.5, so I want to make T.B.1.6 in the future. I'm not discouraging 2.0, I just want scratchers to use both. SCRATCH ON!!!

Update 5: TigerBuild1.5 is finished. The site is almost finished for it. However, there is only 1 version. It was only made off from scratch1.4. However, I removed the sharing feature (not menu) so it is scratch legalized. It has it's own site. It will be linked in 2.0. Actually some of this forum topic whill be linked in 2.0. I will also make a webpage that can be scratch-legally linked to this site and 2.0. 

Last edited by co13 (2013-04-27 17:49:26)

http://www.scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/722915_med.png?t=2013-04-20+10%3A22%3A33 Click image to go to my stuff SAVE SCRATCH 1.4 SITE

#3 2013-03-05 18:17:35

gamer2012
Scratcher

Re: TigerBuild1.5

Cool!

Coming soon: Nothing much 'till Scratch 2.0. Oh, here's one of my classics!  tongue  Square Quest: (You BETTER click here!!! XD)

Board footer