This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2013-02-19 01:11:02

joshuaho
Scratcher

Re: Forum "Embarassment"

henley wrote:

I'm sure no one on Scratch really cares that much, but I do agree the Scratch Team went a little public on that.

Yep, they were.  sad  Now, many will know about the bad thing I have done! That is why I called it Forum Embarassment. I wish that the ST would be have more compassion to New Scratchers who do not know the rules, and that they won't make it visible to others. That embarasses scratchers.  hmm

Did you know that you can go to space and see Mars by clicking here?

#27 2013-02-19 01:16:01

kayybee
Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

henley wrote:

I'm sure no one on Scratch really cares that much, but I do agree the Scratch Team went a little public on that.

Yep, they were.  sad  Now, many will know about the bad thing I have done! That is why I called it Forum Embarassment. I wish that the ST would be have more compassion to New Scratchers who do not know the rules, and that they won't make it visible to others. That embarasses scratchers.  hmm

Why should you feel embarassed in the first place though? If you didn't know the rules, it's not a mistake you made. But now that you know the rules, doing that again would be bad.

I think they do that so other new scratchers who see it will know not to do it too.

#28 2013-02-19 01:46:06

kayybee
Scratcher

I mean, it's not like someone's going to go to your project in three months and say "hey, you're the one who mentioned ___'s name!!! I don't like you!!!"
(and even if someone did do that, I would just ignore them as they're plain annoying)
so I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of it.
I think you're letting even MORE people know that you did this by making this topic.

#29 2013-02-19 15:25:23

joshuaho
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

And, as kayybee insinuated, three projects are needed.

kayybee said that you need more than ONE project. But I will take your advice as welll.  smile

#30 2013-02-19 15:28:55

joshuaho
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

I mean, it's not like someone's going to go to your project in three months and say "hey, you're the one who mentioned ___'s name!!! I don't like you!!!"
(and even if someone did do that, I would just ignore them as they're plain annoying)
so I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of it.
I think you're letting even MORE people know that you did this by making this topic.

Well, ok, ok!! I was just posting a suggestion about the ST not making the correction notes accesible to other scratchers! There is nothing wrong with that!!  hmm

#31 2013-02-19 15:31:55

joshuaho
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

Why should you feel embarassed in the first place though? If you didn't know the rules, it's not a mistake you made. But now that you know the rules, doing that again would be bad.

I think they do that so other new scratchers who see it will know not to do it too.

That is humiliating! I don't think that it is good to use a New Scratcher as an example to what will happen if you violated the rules! That Scratcher definatly would NOT feel good that everyone sees it. The worst part is that if he was a New Scratcher, he would not be able to edit out the embarassment!  yikes

#32 2013-02-20 22:17:52

kayybee
Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

kayybee said that you need more than ONE project. But I will take your advice as welll.  smile

I said you needed one MORE project, which is one + the amount you currently have.

#33 2013-02-20 22:19:16

kayybee
Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

kayybee wrote:

That is humiliating! I don't think that it is good to use a New Scratcher as an example to what will happen if you violated the rules! That Scratcher definatly would NOT feel good that everyone sees it. The worst part is that if he was a New Scratcher, he would not be able to edit out the embarassment!  yikes

Nothing bad will "happen" to you when you break the rules. I don't see what's so bad about it. People aren't going to judge you by it. I don't see what's so hard to just forget about it.

#34 2013-02-20 23:51:37

berberberber
Scratcher

Kayybee's right.  No one is gonna go up to you and tell you that you suck or anything like that.  Besides, it happens to everyone, so it's not like you are amazingly out of place or anything.  Why does it matter if you are a new scratcher and accidentally break the rules or of you are a super well known scratcher who breaks the rules?  most people who I've seen get this don't edit it out anyway, and people don't care.  Also, there really is no true privacy on a forum anyway.  What you post is what people see.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2iaa73k.png

#35 2013-02-21 17:46:59

joshuaho
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

Why should you feel embarassed in the first place Nothing bad will "happen" to you when you break the rules. I don't see what's so bad about it. People aren't going to judge you by it. I don't see what's so hard to just forget about it.

It is simply embarrassing, and that is just how I feel. Eventually, I will get over it, so don't worry!

#36 2013-02-21 17:51:01

joshuaho
Scratcher

berberberber wrote:

Kayybee's right.  No one is gonna go up to you and tell you that you suck or anything like that.  Besides, it happens to everyone, so it's not like you are amazingly out of place or anything.  Why does it matter if you are a new scratcher and accidentally break the rules or of you are a super well known scratcher who breaks the rules?  most people who I've seen get this don't edit it out anyway, and people don't care.  Also, there really is no true privacy on a forum anyway.  What you post is what people see.

Being corrected is ok, but in front of everyone is a little too much.
What the Moderators add is what people see too.

#37 2013-02-21 18:15:29

joshuaho
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

I said you needed one MORE project, which is one + the amount you currently have.

Oh, now I get it!  smile

#38 2013-02-21 18:24:42

Mokat
Scratcher

Everyone makes mistakes, don't worry about it. We're all human  smile

Last edited by Mokat (2013-02-21 18:28:36)

http://www.eggcave.com/egg/977371.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/977376.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/1005291.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/996745.png

#39 2013-02-21 18:38:25

henley
Scratcher

"Those you care don't matter, and those who matter don't care."

-Dr. Seuss.

I feel like this applies to joshuaho's situation.

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#40 2013-02-22 15:32:01

joshuaho
Scratcher

henley wrote:

"Those you care don't matter, and those who matter don't care."

-Dr. Seuss.

I feel like this applies to joshuaho's situation.

I do not know what you mean.

#41 2013-02-27 00:33:33

joshuaho
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

I have 3 projects. No promotion for me yet!  mad

#42 2013-02-27 03:34:14

kayybee
Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

Three projects are needed, but it's not all you need.

How many comments do you have?

#43 2013-02-27 04:59:30

Gravitation
New Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

kayybee wrote:

You need one more project to become a Scratcher.

I already have 2 projects and I am still in this "low rank"(new scratcher)!

To become a Scratcher, you need 3.

Anyway, yeah, it can be kinda embarrassing, if you think about it that way; People don't tend to mind the moderator notes, including myself, unless they are aimed directly at me. Scratchers won't hold anything against you, or anything like that. They'll read the mod notice like it's from a mod, not from a mod at you, and the mods will write it that way. The mods simply explain why they edited your post. Nothing to be embarrassed about, just a little correction.  smile

#44 2013-02-27 12:40:34

firedrake969_test
Scratcher

Well, mods can't just edit posts to their delight.  They have to give a reason.

The more you worry about it, the worse it'll get.  Trust me.   tongue   Just let it go, and you'll be perfectly fine.  Now, more people probably remember you for this rather than whatever you did that got edited.

Alt of Firedrake969.

#45 2013-02-27 13:15:34

jvvg
Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

Click the "Mark all topics as read" button on the forum index (forums home) and then wait 24 hours.

http://tiny.cc/zwgbewhttp://tiny.cc/e1gbewhttp://tiny.cc/zygbewhttp://tiny.cc/izgbew
Goodbye, Scratch 1.4  sad                                                        Hello Scratch 2.0!  smile

#46 2013-02-27 15:08:40

joshuaho
Scratcher

firedrake969_test wrote:

Well, mods can't just edit posts to their delight.  They have to give a reason.

The more you worry about it, the worse it'll get.  Trust me.   tongue   Just let it go, and you'll be perfectly fine.  Now, more people probably remember you for this rather than whatever you did that got edited.

That was only a suggestion. People may know what I did, but if the Mods ever post a note, I will not post a topic about that because I have already did- a suggestion to not make corrections visible to everyone.

#47 2013-02-27 15:12:29

joshuaho
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

What do you mean? How many comments I have on my project or how many comments I posted?

#48 2013-02-27 21:43:45

Firedrake969
Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

kayybee wrote:

What do you mean? How many comments I have on my project or how many comments I posted?

Posted.

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#49 2013-02-27 23:09:54

joshuaho
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

Posted.

#50 2013-02-27 23:32:20

kayybee
Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Posted.

I'm not sure, but it seems like enough.

I think you have to do what jvvg said, the wait 24 hours thing.

Board footer