This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5626 2013-02-22 13:43:13

jkl0l
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

I would love to be curator because I want projects out there that are unique and good quality to be recognized. I really like animations, art games, and platformers. I won't pick any games with blood, violence, harsh language, or context against another scratcher. I also won't pick any projects from "Famous People" like Astro, minecraftpe123, or iaoumeur. I will not pick projects that have many views or that are from my friends. I would easily curate projects that are unique, Haven't gotten enough attention, or that are good quality in general. That means I won't pick something like Vector or Minecraft 3D.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2q3c8b5.png

#5627 2013-02-22 16:34:21

ironmaidenfan
Scratcher

I would love to become a curator because I have no problem finding good projects with little views. (most of the time) I wouldn't put up a friends project just because he's a friend. Finally, I have a very good eye for unique projects.  smile

#5628 2013-02-22 17:15:58

maximanz
Scratcher

Perhaps I can be a curator at some time? Just tell me what date, I think I already have some projects in mind. Preferably comment on any one of my projects as a reminder? As to what I will curate, is some good animations or stuff like that in general that do not have many views. If it has more than 100 views, I think it already had its fame, so I won't curate some famous guys project with 500 views.

Last edited by maximanz (2013-02-22 17:18:51)

Hi dere

#5629 2013-02-22 19:47:25

yumbacon
Scratcher

I would be interested in becoming curator.
I have seen Scratcher's projects be curated, and I've seen how delighted they were at that, how they were so pleased that they were getting so many views. I would love to cause those feelings; happiness; satisfaction; peace.
I would not curate projects just because "Can you curate this? I friended you". That is not a reason to curate it. I would not curate a project with too much blood or violence. I   wouldn't curate 'Art Dumps' or anything. I love animations and amvs, and I like the occasional good game. I would like it if the project had 50+ scripts, because I'd want the people to work hard on their projects and be proud to have it front paged. My guidelines would include:
It has to have over 50 scripts
No excessive blood or gore
You should not have been front paged in the last 2 months (most remixed is ok, lots of coloring contests achieve that)
You should not get more than 40 views average each week
It should have less than 20 views
It should be from 2 weeks ago or less
It should ACTUALLY do something (not just a slideshow or something, but a story is ok)

I would like the unknown people to get a chance. I am not popular myself, and if I were curator, that would get people to know me better. Thank you for reading this post, and please consider me.
-yumbacon

#5630 2013-02-23 10:51:15

StarscreamClone
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

With the appointment of StarscreamClone yesterday, we reached 100 curators. Hooray for the success of the curator program!

Woo-hoo!  When I found out I was the 100th curator, I was really happy!  big_smile

http://www.blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?action=random&return=image&link1=http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p522/lizzyhipo/Angelica101-1-1-1.jpg&link2=http://i46.tinypic.com/2elqwdy.png&link3=http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y404/Hulydooly/decepticon.jpg&link4=http://i44.tinypic.com/34rvb07.png

#5631 2013-02-23 16:31:52

PresidentialNyan
Scratcher

I would love to be one!!!! I'm also liamadams but I just created a new account. Who could miss the oppurtunity?  big_smile

http://i43.tinypic.com/4ruira.jpg

#5632 2013-02-23 21:45:35

7734f
Scratcher

StarscreamClone wrote:

Woo-hoo!  When I found out I was the 100th curator, I was really happy!  big_smile

I got curated by the 100th curator!

http://internetometer.com/image/38992.png   http://i37.tinypic.com/2qixx6c.png

#5633 2013-02-23 22:19:21

Friddle16
Scratcher

Can i be one? I really like platformer and scroller games!!!

http://oi46.tinypic.com/21c78yw.jpg

#5634 2013-02-23 22:30:47

dsaztur
Scratcher

funnymee323 wrote:

dsaztur wrote:

2nd try.
I would love to be a curator as this sort of oppurtunity happens once in a lifetime.
I would curate projects that are really amazing but have very little views. I will not accept any projects such as
Coloring contest entries
Updates
I quit projects
Projects by a scratcher who left scratch
Bloody,gory and too violent projects
Inappropriate projects
Scary projects
Prohects by a scratcher who has been front paged during 3 months(excluding newest and sds).
Please give me a chance as i would love this oppurtunity.

Jus saying, that you should also list things that you would LIKE to curate, instead of things you won't! Just a suggestion though.  big_smile

I edited my speech

http://i43.tinypic.com/14slmx.png

#5635 2013-02-24 12:14:34

oshe10
Scratcher

D-Man9293 wrote:

angelica101 wrote:

Okay... Trial number 12. If this doesn't work, I'll give up.

So, I've wanted to be curator for-like-a really really really REALLY long time. I'm way more experienced now and I know more than I used to. I started using the scratch site in September 2011, and I've been on for, like, ever since then. So, over the course of a few months, I decided I really know what I  should do for those unknown scratchers-I wanted to get them some views cause they deserve them. I mean, I've seen even better animations than the front page animators! Talk about programming! My friend in real life has a scratch account and he is an amazing programmer. No one pays any attention to him, probably his username? Is it his lack of icon? I think no one should pay attention to that, only how they act and what they make! You can't judge a book by its cover! So, what I'm saying here is, if I'm curator, I'll hope to brighten someone's day, just like my friend in real life. I would be really happy if I could be curator, and so would a lot of people with projects just waiting for a view or two. So please, I'd love to be curator!

Man, I feel bad for this scratcher. 12 times trying, and she STILL hasn't got it? I think scratch should curate people if they have good examples here, at least after their 5th time! If I could curate, I'd curate Angelica101.

Yeah...me too

http://i.imgur.com/w4rS6.jpg

#5636 2013-02-25 11:42:45

ryt
Scratcher

I like funny projects, and some based off of other games. Also I think interactive projects are very good. I have been using scratch for 1 and a half years now. I know a lot about the software . I wouldn't select any projects form famous people, with 150+ views or 15+  likes. I would glad if you pick me for curator!

#5637 2013-02-25 15:50:13

ImagineIt
Scratcher

oshe10 wrote:

D-Man9293 wrote:

angelica101 wrote:

Okay... Trial number 12. If this doesn't work, I'll give up.

So, I've wanted to be curator for-like-a really really really REALLY long time. I'm way more experienced now and I know more than I used to. I started using the scratch site in September 2011, and I've been on for, like, ever since then. So, over the course of a few months, I decided I really know what I  should do for those unknown scratchers-I wanted to get them some views cause they deserve them. I mean, I've seen even better animations than the front page animators! Talk about programming! My friend in real life has a scratch account and he is an amazing programmer. No one pays any attention to him, probably his username? Is it his lack of icon? I think no one should pay attention to that, only how they act and what they make! You can't judge a book by its cover! So, what I'm saying here is, if I'm curator, I'll hope to brighten someone's day, just like my friend in real life. I would be really happy if I could be curator, and so would a lot of people with projects just waiting for a view or two. So please, I'd love to be curator!

Man, I feel bad for this scratcher. 12 times trying, and she STILL hasn't got it? I think scratch should curate people if they have good examples here, at least after their 5th time! If I could curate, I'd curate Angelica101.

Yeah...me too

The thing is though, the Scratch Team looks for the best out of them all. It's mostly a good speech, but one thing I've noticed is that they cited no projects that they would like to curate besides just her friends.
We don't know who her friend is or what project of theirs she likes. Just because you haven't gotten it yet doesn't mean that you're never going to get it though! I've tried several times and in fact, I'm going to be curator next! If you don't get it this time angelica101, just keep trying to improve!  wink

Last edited by ImagineIt (2013-02-25 15:51:13)

#5638 2013-02-25 17:14:56

supermon
Scratcher

wait youre going to be curator next? Thats awesome man! congratulationz! oh and by the way my brother and i just subscribed to your youtube channel.

Wow. I can't believe I actually just Said that. Lol.

#5639 2013-02-25 17:29:34

ImagineIt
Scratcher

supermon wrote:

wait youre going to be curator next? Thats awesome man! congratulationz! oh and by the way my brother and i just subscribed to your youtube channel.

Thanks for the congratulations.  wink

#5640 2013-02-26 20:40:30

percyjackson100
Scratcher

i'd love to be a curator. i'm unpopular on scratch, so being a curator would be the ultimate jackpot.

#5641 2013-02-26 21:20:45

Firedrake969
Scratcher

percyjackson100 wrote:

i'd love to be a curator. i'm unpopular on scratch, so being a curator would be the ultimate jackpot.

That's not exactly the best reason.

You want to
-explain a good reason why, not just to get famous
-give examples
-be persuasive

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#5642 2013-02-28 15:26:36

D-Man9293
Scratcher

Okay, 4th try. Here goes. Hi! my name is D-Man9293 and I would like to be a curator. However, this isn't for my own fame. It's so that I can make others feel happy, honored, and wanted. The adventure of the box is an example of what should have been front paged before. It's fun, complex, and deserves front pagedom. And Duh is very funny, cool, and I think everyone would love it. i would try to update as soon as possible, as much as possible, and maybe, just maybe, get people very happy. If people feel honored, i don't blame them.

D-Man9293.

Check out my signups for the game show  Scratch Island Survival!

#5643 2013-02-28 15:29:48

D-Man9293
Scratcher

Rumanti wrote:

Umm, sorry, if this sounds bad if I repost. But I really want to be a curator, because;

- I think curating is fun!
-You know what I see couple of times in the newest projects? Awesomely awesome project
-Spread happiness, more exciting days, and cuuuraating days!
-My gallery's featured, and I'm very happy. I bet front paged project's author feel the same!

I will curate;

Educational projects
inspirational projects
"not famous" projects
projects that are good to remix, and the author'll love to see it remixed
can be games, art, etc.
can be simple neither hard work.
If i can, i'll curate projects with easy-to-understand scripts.
good for all ages, good for all kind(adult, kids, girl, boy, elementry, middle grader, etc.)
creative ideas project have the biggest chance! (BECAuse creative projects usually deliver creative ideas!)

PS; sorry if I forgot my manners, bad spelling, grammar, or too much exclamation marks, but im excited!

I hope you get the job1

#5644 2013-02-28 15:44:07

D-Man9293
Scratcher

WOLFLOVER458 wrote:

Hello there!

I would like to become a curator.
An example of a project I would curate is "Ninja Dynamic Scroller". In this scrolling platformer game, you play as a ninja. You must kill the ducks that might kill you, and jump over water and obstacles.
v

Is it bloody?

#5645 2013-03-02 11:45:00

Frozencrow777
New Scratcher

Hello.

I would like to become a curator, I recently got a scratch account but have been scratching for 2 years now. I do not usually make games, but when I scratch I create tools that even I use! If I where to become curator I would select games that show that scratch can not only be used for games but also useful tools. such as painters, calculators, dice rollers, even color mixers!

#5646 2013-03-02 21:13:25

PresidentialNyan
Scratcher

when gf clicked
   if <I sart my life [on v] 
   forever
work as a curator
end
end 
Even know it says im new, im not! I created my account two and a half months earlier, and I am liamadams using a different account.  big_smile

http://i43.tinypic.com/4ruira.jpg

#5647 2013-03-02 21:16:13

henley
Scratcher

Don't blockspam. You're only reducing your chances of ever becoming a curator.

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#5648 2013-03-02 21:55:45

BLU_Spy
Scratcher

PresidentialNyan wrote:

when gf clicked
   if <I sart my life [on v] 
   forever
work as a curator
end
end 
Even know it says im new, im not! I created my account two and a half months earlier, and I am liamadams using a different account.  big_smile

Firedrake969 wrote:

That's not exactly the best reason.

You need to:
-Explain a good reason why, not just to get famous;
-Give examples;
-Be persuasive.

Also, don't use the scratchblocks for chatting. They're supposed to be used only for help with REAL scripts.

I HAVE SWITCHED ACCOUNTS! My new username is NoxSpooth.

#5649 2013-03-03 19:04:43

jkl0l
Scratcher

ryt wrote:

I like funny projects, and some based off of other games. Also I think interactive projects are very good. I have been using scratch for 1 and a half years now. I know a lot about the software . I wouldn't select any projects form famous people, with 150+ views or 15+  likes. I would glad if you pick me for curator!

Just saying, ryt is active in the scratch community and Helps others constantly!!! He helped me learn how to use scratch. I would still like to be curator, though!!!! My speech is the first one on pg. 226!!

http://i50.tinypic.com/2q3c8b5.png

#5650 2013-03-06 14:32:32

D-Man9293
Scratcher

PresidentialNyan wrote:

I would love to be one!!!! I'm also liamadams but I just created a new account. Who could miss the oppurtunity?  big_smile

But if you get the job, you would just curate you own projects, and that would be unfair.

Board footer