This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5601 2013-02-07 18:18:00

joshuaho
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Oh, ok! Thx!

Did you know that you can go to space and see Mars by clicking here?

#5602 2013-02-08 10:46:35

Magma-Tak
New Scratcher

I have ALWAYS wanted to be curator, but I never got the chance. I'd curate games, animations, and anything that took a long time to make, as long as it has less than 120 views. And I know this is really short, but I'm terrible at making speeches, so PLEASE let me be curator. That's all I want.

#5603 2013-02-08 16:26:34

Mossfang
Scratcher

I'd like to apply for a curator, please.

If I became I curator, I'd try to put projects that have had a lot of work put into them, but aren't very popular. I'd also put projects that involves things that you wouldn't expect to see in a typical project; for example, a project in which you role-play a pig.

(Yes, I know that was rather random. ^^')

http://i.imgur.com/KunoQ.gif

#5604 2013-02-08 20:55:12

evanb
Scratcher

I'd like to apply to be a curator.

If I was curator, I would curate awesome, but not well known projects such as http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/algenite/3005881. I like cool simulations and unique games. I also like funny animations.
                   -evanb

I'm making a website www.aquariumtankhelp.com

#5605 2013-02-09 10:54:45

zevbo
Scratcher

Hi I would love to be curator. I started 5 years ago. At times scratch is my biggest occupation. I don't particularly like it when a project that deserves more then it has nothing compare to the views it should have. I don't intend to put a views cap on the projects but I will curate. For instance there could be a game that works exactly like (this is just an example) subway surfurs (a very popular ipod - ipad etc. game) with 120 views, I would want to curate it. But there could be a good platformer with 120 views which I would nock out as a competitor because of it's views. Something that I value highly is creativity. Original, creative projects stand out very strongly in my mind. This does not disclude remixes of course, but if the project isn't really changed I will take think about the one it was based on. I value complicated coding which I don't know how works. This means I like 1s 1s projects. If  that's not true and it's not creative, I normally won't curate it. Thank you and I hope I become curator.

when gf clicked
say [I can make it] for (3) secs
think [little blue engine] for (3) secs

#5606 2013-02-09 21:24:36

soraandsonic
Scratcher

Hi, I'm Soraandsonic and I want to be the next curator on scratch!
I went thought the shooting in my town and it was horrible but I will remember all those souls, including my friend's little brother, Jesse.
I will choose people who need it and do the best but no one looks at it. I will choose anything. I'm that type of person that makes right decisions and chooses anything from anyone.
I want to be your next curator, thank you for reading. Have a great day!

when gf clicked
say [I will be curator] for (99) secs
think [I will choose anything] for (1000) secs
big_smile

Last edited by soraandsonic (2013-02-09 21:26:25)

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/soraandsonic/2309546
Look at this!

#5607 2013-02-11 04:10:20

Rumanti
Scratcher

Umm, sorry, if this sounds bad if I repost. But I really want to be a curator, because;

- I think curating is fun!
-You know what I see couple of times in the newest projects? Awesomely awesome project
-Spread happiness, more exciting days, and cuuuraating days!
-My gallery's featured, and I'm very happy. I bet front paged project's author feel the same!

I will curate;

Educational projects
inspirational projects
"not famous" projects
projects that are good to remix, and the author'll love to see it remixed
can be games, art, etc.
can be simple neither hard work.
If i can, i'll curate projects with easy-to-understand scripts.
good for all ages, good for all kind(adult, kids, girl, boy, elementry, middle grader, etc.)
creative ideas project have the biggest chance! (BECAuse creative projects usually deliver creative ideas!)

PS; sorry if I forgot my manners, bad spelling, grammar, or too much exclamation marks, but im excited!

Last edited by Rumanti (2013-02-11 04:11:00)

Scratch Transition Team
Helps you survive the  BING BANG! (big bang)

#5608 2013-02-12 11:02:52

wolftail101
New Scratcher

i love scratch!

#5609 2013-02-15 14:28:02

zoomis
New Scratcher

Well I would like like to be a scratch curator  and this is why: There are many brilliant , amazing games that people have not seen these are the ones that need to be shown! I like games that show that they have been worked on for ages and are enthusiastic. I love funny animations and amazing games! I love interactive art as it is so clever like flower and daisies two as it is so amazing that it draws the amount of petals you tell it to! There's also circle fractal which is amazing how it draws swirls  and circles and changes depending on the arrow keys you press! These are only few examples of scratch projects I would chose if I where scratch curator

#5610 2013-02-15 14:46:57

zoomis
New Scratcher

I would love to be a curator I have seen many great projects as I have listed above!

When gf clicked 
say [Hi] 
say [I love scratch]
say [zoomis would love to be a scratch curator!]

#5611 2013-02-16 05:10:47

zoomis
New Scratcher

Please please please!

#5612 2013-02-17 11:36:34

funnyman1120
Scratcher

zoomis wrote:

Please please please!

Just for the record, saying "Please please please" will not help your chances. The curators are chosen carefully. Also, you are classified as a "New Scratcher", and they are not eligible to be a Curator. Sorry

Check out my website for updates on all your favorite games! Funnyman1120's Website

#5613 2013-02-18 08:10:37

GamemakerInc
Scratcher

I would like to apply for curator. I have been curated before and I know how good it felt. My project had taken hard work and wasnt recognized till it was curated. I felt proud of myself and good. I would allow other unknown scratchers with good projects feel the same way. - GamemakerInc

Only epic games from GamemakerInc

#5614 2013-02-18 12:22:16

uglysquidward
Scratcher

Can I be curator?

I see some stuff that is REALLY good that should be on the front page, such as:
Whiplash 2 beta
Drive! V0.3
Text Printing Test

I will curate:
Simple Projects
Complex projects
Projects that arn't rip offs
Games
Animations
Sort-of unique projects

I will NOT curate:
Projects by scratcher that are inactive
Projects by scratchers who were front paged less than a month ago
Projects that are against other scratchers
Projects with blood

HOPE I GET CURATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moved back to qwerts9000

#5615 2013-02-19 04:05:14

Rumanti
Scratcher

uglysquidward wrote:

Can I be curator?

I will NOT curate:
Projects with blood

I agree about not curating those awful red things.

But what does "against other scratchers" mean?

Scratch Transition Team

#5616 2013-02-19 13:57:52

uglysquidward
Scratcher

Rumanti wrote:

uglysquidward wrote:

Can I be curator?

I will NOT curate:
Projects with blood

I agree about not curating those awful red things.

But what does "against other scratchers" mean?

Projects like this:

Fake Person wrote:

Uglysquidward and Oliver76676767 suck!!!!!

Moved back to qwerts9000

#5617 2013-02-19 14:38:50

scimonster
Community Moderator

With the appointment of StarscreamClone yesterday, we reached 100 curators. Hooray for the success of the curator program!

#5618 2013-02-19 16:11:36

awesomemoustache
Scratcher

I would like to be the curator because I'm nice, kind, and fair to all people.
I am good for this position because I like everyone to be noticed and if some people don't like being noticed I accept that. I might like to post some dress up games, some artwork, some memes, and some animations and all of them would be appropriate. Some examples of some projects I might curate some Dress Up Games from Fidessa-Chan, some artwork from TeslaKat, some animations from Jonzo, and some unnoticed projects.
Its fine if I don't get it I can try again soon.
Thanks For Reading,
AwesomeMoustache

#5619 2013-02-19 17:40:27

legobob23o
Scratcher

Hey ST! I would like to become a curator some day so here's my speech:

I would really like to help the Scratch community as a curator to help show work, give people ideas, and just put some entertaining projects on the front page. Here's how I will choose projects: If a project is good, on graphics and physics and such, I'll probably curate it if it's time for me to curate a new project. I would like to curate some really good projects that are at least a year old and never got a lot of views (Not like it's a rule or anything). Other projects I'd like to curate are projects that can be remixed from 1.4 into 2.0, such as something in the bitmap, stuff could be added or modified in Vector. Here are some examples of projects I would curate: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/MrMario5467/2900345 http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/jsantiago/3104477  I would like to be curator because I'd get to show work I really like right on the front page. I'd be good at it because I'm a pretty experienced Scratcher so I'll be good with my decisions for project curations. I will not curate projects with too many views or ones from really well-known Scratchers.  I will NOT curate projects that-
-contain violence
-break the Scratch Community Guidelines
-are meant to offend other Scratchers
I will probably choose three new projects every one or two days.

I think this is my 3rd attempt on becoming curator. I hope I can get to be a curator!

-legobob23o

Last edited by legobob23o (2013-02-26 19:18:29)

#5620 2013-02-19 18:29:43

Alliance
Scratcher

Even though there are scratchers out there who can easily rack up 1000 views on a project. Only one of my projects has ever reached that status. I've made it on the front page a number of times, and its great to see people enjoying the projects I put my time into. The ability to give to give scratcher without recognition the chance to shine is why I want to be curator. Please consider me to be a future curator.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/180/0/f/alliance_sig_2_by_dystroyerx-d3kg8wv.png

#5621 2013-02-20 13:53:47

iaoumeur
Scratcher

Hello Scratch Team!

I would like to apply to be a curator. I have been very active on scratch since I started, commenting on people's work, posting on the scratch forum and creating a few of my own projects. I wouldn't curate projects that have quickly been done in a day, or a project that just has a gif. file which makes it get popular.

I've had my projects on the front page twice but they weren't featured or curated. I felt really happy and proud when I saw them in "top loved." I would love other scratchers who's projects deserve to be viewed experience this feeling.

I would curate projects that:
  -have had effort put into them
  -don't have many views
  -have good artwork drawn by the creator of the project

Projects that apply to this criteria are projects like numberonegamer's: Scratch defense 5.2 or Gagamonster105's: Pastel dreams. Another would be Fishin' on scratch by FishingPro98.

I also think I would be a good curator because I have already had this kind of experience with my review shop. It has just been closed because I wanted to maximize my time with my dedicated collab. If I were chosen I would add projects to my favorites about 6-7 times a week.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by iaoumeur (2013-03-16 17:03:17)

The Dot 3 is out!!! Play it here!

#5622 2013-02-20 16:44:59

laser314
Scratcher

Reposting with a few changes because it's been more then a month:
Hi! I'm laser314 and this is my curator speech.
There are lots of projects on Scratch that have never been noticed. I remember how excited I was when one of my first projects got a comment. If I was elected curator, more New Scratchers' projects would get comments and views, maybe even a loveit or two!

I would curate new projects with not many views or comments.The types I would curate would be mostly simulations, math projects, and games that I felt had a lot of work put into them.

Examples:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/iawbrooks/3115309
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/WeAreHokies/3118059(I think the scratcher put a lot of work into this)
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/iglenini/3117980

http://alpha.scratch.mit.edu/scratchr2/static//images/logo_sm.png 2.0 Alpha Tester!http://i49.tinypic.com/1zckcqb.png

#5623 2013-02-21 05:04:35

Rumanti
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

With the appointment of StarscreamClone yesterday, we reached 100 curators. Hooray for the success of the curator program!

Woow! Thanks for curators! (Thought I don't know what should I thank ;p)

Scratch Transition Team

#5624 2013-02-21 23:37:58

uglysquidward
Scratcher

yay 100 curators

Moved back to qwerts9000

#5625 2013-02-22 11:41:09

mumblerjump2
Scratcher

I would like to be curator

kind of things I would curate:

Well thought out games and animations
Awesome games
Have effort in them
The makers dont have many views

kind of things I WOULDN’T curate:

Projects by people who are front paged alot
5 second long things
Projects that contain blood
Projects that are targeting/against other scratchers
Add yourself projects

Also one more thing, will there be a notification thingi sent to tell us we are curators?

Hi, your code for Brawl y'all is ' z3ke393 ' . Remember this code, cos i might change the code in the forums!http://gickr.com/results3/anim_3a64118c-788f-3484-e12a-e785c4ae7d55.gif

Board footer