This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#51 2013-02-16 14:53:13

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

Re: Moonbyte: a programming language in Scratch

moonbyte wrote:

Someone could log in as this account and change the password. Unfortunately, since this account is a new scratcher, we can't delete it. Also, just report the first post and give the reason, "Change the name to Moonbyte: a programming language in Scratch".

Its a risk we will have to take just keep all projects backed up on the creators account.

Ingarts read it today!

#52 2013-02-16 14:55:07

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

Sholvanic1058 wrote:

Would you like this collab to be in the Collab Directory?

Sure.

Ingarts read it today!

#53 2013-02-16 14:56:29

moonbyte
New Scratcher

Sholvanic1058 wrote:

YMIBANWAH wrote:

First update part of coding interface add as you please to make it better. Its moonbyte's only project.

I'm confused at what your saying, the collab directory is somewhere where people put their collabs to get more people in.

This IS in the collab directory.

P.S.
Instead of a "ask/command line" interface, why not take advantage of Scratch's graphics and make it have a GUI?

#54 2013-02-16 14:58:14

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

moonbyte wrote:

Sholvanic1058 wrote:

YMIBANWAH wrote:

First update part of coding interface add as you please to make it better. Its moonbyte's only project.

I'm confused at what your saying, the collab directory is somewhere where people put their collabs to get more people in.

This IS in the collab directory.

P.S.
Instead of a "ask/command line" interface, why not take advantage of Scratch's graphics and make it have a GUI?

It's a development tool for now read the project notes and the reason is so the extension system works.

Ingarts read it today!

#55 2013-02-16 15:02:07

Sholvanic1058
Scratcher

Sorry. Can I join and I will make a banner for this collab.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2lj6o94.png

#56 2013-02-16 15:03:03

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

Sholvanic1058 wrote:

YMIBANWAH wrote:

That was an update to my members about our project.

Ingarts read it today!

#57 2013-02-16 15:07:46

Sholvanic1058
Scratcher

Sholvanic1058 wrote:

YMIBANWAH wrote:

Sholvanic1058 wrote:

YMIBANWAH wrote:

I said sorry. Please can I join this collab.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2lj6o94.png

#58 2013-02-16 15:27:55

jamiewinter
Scratcher

yes

Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/axelregulator/featured

#59 2013-02-16 16:43:23

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

Sholvanic1058 wrote:

Sholvanic1058 wrote:

YMIBANWAH wrote:

Sholvanic1058 wrote:

I said sorry. Please can I join this collab.

Welcome to the team.

Ingarts read it today!

#60 2013-02-17 02:34:54

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Moonbyte? Really? You could have built on the ideas a bit! I didn't mean you to just pick one! I liked rolkall myself (rOll-call). We could have called the version without graphics 'call' and then released rolkall.
I'm not complaining ( much) but I did slightly face palm when I saw the topic name. Sorry.
Not to say I don't like it or anything.
We should release different versions of the language for different things once we've got a base though. After moonbyte, there could be star byte or sun byte...
There are already about 50 companies going by the name moonbyte though, and the word moonbyte comes up automatically when I start typing it on my ancient iPod. I'm not complaining, but I thought we could have been more imaginitive.

#61 2013-02-17 09:21:11

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

Moonbyte? Really? You could have built on the ideas a bit! I didn't mean you to just pick one! I liked rolkall myself (rOll-call). We could have called the version without graphics 'call' and then released rolkall.
I'm not complaining ( much) but I did slightly face palm when I saw the topic name. Sorry.
Not to say I don't like it or anything.
We should release different versions of the language for different things once we've got a base though. After moonbyte, there could be star byte or sun byte...
There are already about 50 companies going by the name moonbyte though, and the word moonbyte comes up automatically when I start typing it on my ancient iPod. I'm not complaining, but I thought we could have been more imaginitive.

Its fine and we will call the development tools we use to make it moonbyte and change it for the full versions of the language.

Ingarts read it today!

#62 2013-02-17 10:51:11

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Sure. Is there anything I can do? I'm an animator mainly, but I can help with scripting this a bit. I could try designing a logo and GUI! You don't really need that yet or ever, but it would make it more interesting. Once we've done and made a base, I can write a tutorial.

#63 2013-02-17 11:03:45

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

Sure. Is there anything I can do? I'm an animator mainly, but I can help with scripting this a bit. I could try designing a logo and GUI! You don't really need that yet or ever, but it would make it more interesting. Once we've done and made a base, I can write a tutorial.

For now go to the newest version and start adding commands I can add syntax, it can be found as the newest project on our collaborations account download it and add commands for stuff I can give you specifics in a minute.

Ingarts read it today!

#64 2013-02-17 11:05:39

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

YMIBANWAH wrote:

pinnipediator wrote:

For now go to the newest version and start adding commands I can add syntax, it can be found as the newest project on our collaborations account download it and add commands for stuff I can give you specifics in a minute.

Actually I just need command ideas I can make the rest myself for now.

Ingarts read it today!

#65 2013-02-17 14:34:20

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

All members read the announcement in the first post.

Ingarts read it today!

#66 2013-02-17 16:36:47

pinnipediator
Scratcher

So we make planetbyte, we make sunbyte with planetbyte, then make a cloud-supportive updatable version of planetbyte with scratch and call it moonbyte? Yeah? no? You might have lost me somewhere. If I am right, I don't see the point in making sunbyte personally.
Oh wait, sunbyte is like better than planetbyte even though it was made int it? okay. Right. Mmm. I think I got something wrong somewhere.

#67 2013-02-17 17:20:37

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

So we make planetbyte, we make sunbyte with planetbyte, then make a cloud-supportive updatable version of planetbyte with scratch and call it moonbyte? Yeah? no? You might have lost me somewhere. If I am right, I don't see the point in making sunbyte personally.
Oh wait, sunbyte is like better than planetbyte even though it was made int it? okay. Right. Mmm. I think I got something wrong somewhere.

Its SunByte then PlanetByte then MoonByte. PlanetByte is in SunByte and is made with new features. Then comes MoonByte with support where using PlanetByte you can make new scripts and with these new scripts you can make more new scripts. Basically each layer has more features, has everything the last did and each does something different. SunByte is the core. PlanetByte runs multistep SunByte commands in one line, and can be decoded into long SunByte programs. PlanetByte runs MoonByte and you can add to the code of MoonByte with the MoonByte extension system. SunByte decodes the PlanetByte additions so they can be used for more PlanetByte extensions. It's a programming language you can build onto yourself in MoonByte which is our end goal but all others will be released if people want simpler stuff. Also graphics will only be in PlanetByte and up.

Ingarts read it today!

#68 2013-02-17 18:04:52

OrcaCat
Scratcher

I think I'm going to quit. Sorry.

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#69 2013-02-17 18:26:45

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

Oh it sounds too complex doesn't it. Well that's okay thanks for joining in the first place and know that you will be welcomed back at anytime if you want to rejoin.

Ingarts read it today!

#70 2013-02-17 21:35:51

OrcaCat
Scratcher

YMIBANWAH wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

Oh it sounds too complex doesn't it. Well that's okay thanks for joining in the first place and know that you will be welcomed back at anytime if you want to rejoin.

It's not the complexity, it's the lack of time.  wink

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#71 2013-02-18 17:27:33

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

YMIBANWAH wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

It's not the complexity, it's the lack of time.  wink

Ok but feel free to come back.

Ingarts read it today!

#72 2013-02-18 20:04:32

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

Bummppppiittyyy Bump

Ingarts read it today!

#73 2013-02-19 04:40:38

pizza22
Scratcher

Hello, sorry I have been inactive for a while.
Anything to do?

#74 2013-02-19 16:29:01

pinnipediator
Scratcher

I don't have much time either. You might be lucky to get an hour of my work a month. Maybe two hours. On estimate. It's a good plan. I think we should do two versions of each one. One with graphics, one without. All three are the same language, just with different ways of writing it. It's up to the user which one of the three they would use. We should do all three with graphics, after we've done them without. Maybe we can have fun thinking up different names!
I love doing that!  smile   smile   smile 
but you're right. We should get on with the first one. And I think that this should be a very easy language to learn. For our sakes and the users. And we should put it into some other language after, because then we can do things like add saving capability.

#75 2013-02-19 17:46:58

YMIBANWAH
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

I don't have much time either. You might be lucky to get an hour of my work a month. Maybe two hours. On estimate. It's a good plan. I think we should do two versions of each one. One with graphics, one without. All three are the same language, just with different ways of writing it. It's up to the user which one of the three they would use. We should do all three with graphics, after we've done them without. Maybe we can have fun thinking up different names!
I love doing that!  smile   smile   smile 
but you're right. We should get on with the first one. And I think that this should be a very easy language to learn. For our sakes and the users. And we should put it into some other language after, because then we can do things like add saving capability.

The newer ones have more features and I only want MoonByte with graphics so there is a big difference between them. I plan on using the toJAR application to convert it to java. Also I need a huge graphics program to add in as a plugin in a while so can you begin making a one sprite grapher that can plot unlimited points.

Ingarts read it today!

Board footer