This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5576 2013-01-28 14:20:21

D-Man9293
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

angelica101 wrote:

Okay... Trial number 12. If this doesn't work, I'll give up.

So, I've wanted to be curator for-like-a really really really REALLY long time. I'm way more experienced now and I know more than I used to. I started using the scratch site in September 2011, and I've been on for, like, ever since then. So, over the course of a few months, I decided I really know what I  should do for those unknown scratchers-I wanted to get them some views cause they deserve them. I mean, I've seen even better animations than the front page animators! Talk about programming! My friend in real life has a scratch account and he is an amazing programmer. No one pays any attention to him, probably his username? Is it his lack of icon? I think no one should pay attention to that, only how they act and what they make! You can't judge a book by its cover! So, what I'm saying here is, if I'm curator, I'll hope to brighten someone's day, just like my friend in real life. I would be really happy if I could be curator, and so would a lot of people with projects just waiting for a view or two. So please, I'd love to be curator!

Man, I feel bad for this scratcher. 12 times trying, and she STILL hasn't got it? I think scratch should curate people if they have good examples here, at least after their 5th time! If I could curate, I'd curate Angelica101.

Check out my signups for the game show  Scratch Island Survival!

#5577 2013-01-28 18:05:54

speedstar_test
New Scratcher

I'd really like to be curator! Iv'e been looking at a lot of people's projects, and some of them deserve a lot more views! There's a scratcher called superscripts, and they shared a really good first project that deserves  a couple of love-its, and Dallenzao shared a really cool scratch computer! those are just a couple reasons i want to be curator.  big_smile

#5578 2013-01-28 18:08:18

speedstar
Scratcher

Oh, sorry, I posted that on my test  tongue  Curate speedstar, not my test

#5579 2013-01-29 11:37:29

iaoumeur
Scratcher

Hey Scratch Team!

I would like to apply to be a curator. I have been very active on scratch since I started, commenting on people's work, posting on the scratch forum and creating a few of my own projects. I wouldn't curate projects that have quickly been done in a day, or a project that just has a gif. file which makes it get popular.

I would curate projects that:
  -have had effort put into them
  -don't have many views
  -have good artwork drawn by the creator of the project

Projects that apply to this criteria are projects like numberonegamer's: Scratch defense 5.2 or Gagamonster105's: Pastel dreams.

I also think I would be a good curator because I have already had this kind of experience with my review shop. If I were chosen I would add projects to my favorites about 6-7 times a week.

Thanks for reading!

The Dot 3 is out!!! Play it here!

#5580 2013-01-30 01:07:09

NightmareSketch
Scratcher

Hi Scratch Team,

I would love to be curator. This is would be an amazing opportunity for there are so many great projects out there that deserve more views. I would feature:

- Games: People spend a lot of time making such good games and they deserve more views
- Art: there are many great artists in there who aren't getting that many views
- Simulations: people make such amazing simulations that are so realistic!

I've been trying a lot to be curator and I would really love to have the chance to shine the projects that are amazing and view-less.

I love to help scratchers mostly with drawing which is my speciality. I sometimes go with my friend so we can help someone program and draw. It's really fun and after, we are glad we helped.

I really love projects that use scratch in a creative way. Such as, games that a lot of people wouldn't think of. Something outside the box and really smart and creative. I'm not too worried on script heavy projects for those are good, but may not be the best. Some really good projects are simple but amazing. I would love to be curator for like I said, a great opportunity to get the great projects on the front page.

#5581 2013-01-30 20:33:26

access28
Scratcher

OMG, I would love to be a curator. I would be GREAT at it. I have been here on Scratcher for 9-10 months now(I think), and would love this opportunity.

Scratch is the best thing on earth, especially for other Scratchers.

If I could be curator, it would be my job to help out the Scratch community. People who have very poor views(somewhat like me), aren't as happy as they would be with lots of views. I did have very poor views, but with the help of, the_Hawk_arisen changed that for me.

So I want to help with other Scratchers too. If you could pick, I would never be more happy!

Thanks, your fan,
                      access28!

#5582 2013-02-01 09:03:24

speedstar
Scratcher

I think I should try again. My last one wasn't very good.  tongue  okay, Iv'e been on scratch for about 2 years now, and I REALLY have seen SO MANY PROJECTS that deserve attention!!! example: A scratcher superscripts has shared a demo project called eevee's jewelquest preview, and It has about 10 views. And, I downloaded it, and it was WAY better then I could ever do. Let's say jonzo shared it. It would probably get more than 1000 views, just because he's famous. Now, I'm not saying anything against jonzo.  tongue  okay, dallenzao also shared a very cool project called the scratch computer. it got about 30 views. in my opinon, it should have gotten 100/200 views. I would really like to help the poor scratchers who have awesome projects, and make them happy about them. If, say, they were making a movie series, getting a lot of views might compel them to make more! ;D

~Speedstar

#5583 2013-02-01 11:18:31

Nomolos
Scratcher

Hello! Nomolos here! I would like to propose to become a curator!

Scratch is a truly amazing software that teaches kids and teens the basics of programming. But sometimes, you just don't have the motivation to continue! You spend so much time on a project, and you upload it, but weeks pass, and maybe you'll get a view or two, a comment, and one love-it. It really makes you feel like you're not appreciated. Especially when there are all those other projects that didn't take as much work on the front page. (No offense to the makers of those projects. It's not their fault they're famous)
I want to become curator and curate projects that people miss when they search, but are really cool and unique. I want to help the people that don't get any motivation to continue and keep sharing projects!
I would curate fun, educational, unique, and over all great projects, but aren't viewed and seen by the community. I want to help the users understand that it is not that their projects are really bad, it's just not found. I want to give those projects a chance to shine on the front page.

Please consider
~Nomolos  smile

Last edited by Nomolos (2013-02-01 11:19:15)

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#5584 2013-02-03 08:10:56

dsaztur
Scratcher

2nd try.
I would love to be a curator as this sort of oppurtunity happens once in a lifetime.
I would curate projects that are really amazing but have very little views. I will not accept any projects such as
Coloring contest entries
Updates
I quit projects
Projects by a scratcher who left scratch
Bloody,gory and too violent projects
Inappropriate projects
Scary projects
Prohects by a scratcher who has been front paged during 3 months(excluding newest and sds).
I would LIKE to curate projects that are,
Unique to scratch
Have hard work put in them
Made by a person not well known
Art has been drawn by creator
I also will curate educational projects
I just love math and science!
Please give me a chance as i would love this oppurtunity.

Last edited by dsaztur (2013-02-23 22:29:43)

http://i43.tinypic.com/14slmx.png

#5585 2013-02-04 07:34:53

roijac
Scratcher

roijac wrote:

Hi ST,

I'm roijac, active since about one and a half years, mainly in the AT's. I made quite a lot of math/algorithm related projects, and I'm the main M30W developer (text-based Scratch in python - check it out  wink )
I wasn't featured yet, but was curated once. Especially when I started, I was very annoyed that nobody looked at my projects.
As a curator, I'd like to curate all kind of projects from more or less unknown scratchers, like this one, this beautiful pattern or this game, though I'll slightly favor more math/science related projects.

I believe that just by looking at most recent projects one can always find good projects that deserve views and respect, and I'll try to find some projects to curate this way.

I'll also try to curate some projects from the German communmity - I speak German fluently and I feel the ones that cannot speak very well English don't get  as much attention some of them deserve.

Thanks for reading, and please consider me!

--roijac

#5586 2013-02-04 21:56:35

ellfent
Scratcher

may i please be a Curator? it sounds really fun! i really enjoy scratch and so  it would be amazing if i got picked. thank you~ ellfent  smile

#5587 2013-02-05 15:09:48

funnymee323
Scratcher

Hi!! I'm funnymee323, and i would like to be curator.

I would curate projects that:

-Have a unique aspect to them
-Have had a lot of effort put into it
-Are original
-Things that are fun to see, watch, or do
-Things by people that aren't very well known, and deserve a chance to shine.

And, i've also read that it's always cool to curate 'unique things' And i like origami, so i started my own origami tutorials on scratch, and i would like to curate other things related to origami too!!!!

Many thanks, funnymee323

when gf clicked
say [I really do hope i get curator!] for (4) secs
say [If not, that's okay! I'll try again] for (4) secs
say [I promise to choose really good projects and things you will like!] for (4) secs
say [THANKS A TON, SCRATCH TEAM!] for (10) secs

Last edited by funnymee323 (2013-02-06 11:57:17)

#5588 2013-02-05 15:31:45

camiice
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator please!  smile

I like projects with many ideas, and projects that make people have a
lot of fun!

Written by Camiice

#5589 2013-02-05 19:44:34

joshuaho
Scratcher

How can I apply to be a curator?

Did you know that you can go to space and see Mars by clicking here?

#5590 2013-02-05 20:03:53

mintfang
Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

How can I apply to be a curator?

Post a speech. Become a scratcher.

http://i33.tinypic.com/25p1rw6.png

#5591 2013-02-06 00:25:22

OrcaCat
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

The_Dancing_Donut wrote:

Yeah, after a nosy look at OrcaCat's projects, I think the same  smile
Yay cheddargirl!!  big_smile

Yeah, I forgot to say what I would curate. My favorites are: Random Blue Planet Creator, starfox 3d, and air to air missile defense. Random Blue Planet Creator is awesome, just I want someone to make it into a game, but I don't have enough time. Starfox 3d is totally awesome, but it has very few views, so I think it should be shown on the Scratch home page. Air to air missile defense has really  cool graphics, but it is kinda pointless, so I tried to turn it into a game, but I wasn't good enough. I would like a more experienced Scratcher to turn it into a game.

And I'm now a Scratcher, not a new Scratcher.

Okay. I think I'm ready to be a curator (soon). I've been on Scratch for over 2.5 years. I've seen a lot of projects. I've found three with less than 100 views/10 loves. After I finish my Pokemon game (which I expect will give me a lot of views, the intro alone has 120), I will make a "Curator" project where people submit their projects. But don't choose me until I finish my game.

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#5592 2013-02-06 12:15:16

Karsten100
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator

#5593 2013-02-06 12:16:16

Karsten100
Scratcher

looks cool
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Mokat/3030515

#5594 2013-02-06 13:30:34

joshuaho
Scratcher

Post a speech? How do I do that? And it may take a long time before I am given the scratcher posistion.

#5595 2013-02-06 19:09:58

OrcaCat
Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

Post a speech? How do I do that? And it may take a long time before I am given the scratcher posistion.

Just say why you want to be a curator. And to be a scratcher you need 3 projects.

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#5596 2013-02-06 19:32:43

melon333
New Scratcher

Hello, I would like to become a curator. It sounds good.

#5597 2013-02-07 01:08:27

TheSoulWhoNeverWas
New Scratcher

Hi ST  smile 

I know I only started yesterday, but Scratch had sucked me in, like I was reading a fantastic book. My friend MrPikachu told me a lot about Scratch, especially the new-updated one, Scratch 2.0 (Am I right?) Although I am new, I would be enjoyed to be challanged...
If I was a curator, I would curate projects that are;

-Simple, but an original work. eg: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/beakeagle6/3024456 (From beakeagle6) or http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/EPICPIKAGUY/3052403 (From EPICPIKAGUY)

-Imaginative, they usually my favorites.

-Stories, could be fantasy, fiction or non-fiction. Any types of genres are accepted, as long as they are appropriate for all ages. eg:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/MrPikachu/3043539 (From MrPikachu, not because of she's my friend, it's because it's a really good stiry, with lots of great VCOPs (Vocabulary, Connectives, Openers and Punctuation) )

-Animations, the best bit. Funny ones, tragedy, any kind! As long as they are good, no one would resist to curate.. eg: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/SkyDreamKittyArtist/3081562 (From SkyDreamKittyArtist, syill a Work In Progress, but somehow it made me stuck in to the Animation...

I will curate projects that have 35 or 40 views below, and usually from a semi-famous or unpopular Scratcher that hasn't been curated yet. You can think it as of it's their moment to shine  smile

From all above, I would say, thank you, and I hope you appreciate my speech! (Even if I'm not a curator! Never give up, and keep trying, that's my motto!)

Thanks, ST! (Say hello to Scratch Cat for me! ^^

Sincerely, TheSoulWhoNeverWas.

#5598 2013-02-07 07:25:45

mintfang
Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

If you're active and you really participate in everything, you'll have it before soon. It seems like you just need to post a few projects and you'll be a Scratcher!

http://i33.tinypic.com/25p1rw6.png

#5599 2013-02-07 12:12:25

funnymee323
Scratcher

dsaztur wrote:

2nd try.
I would love to be a curator as this sort of oppurtunity happens once in a lifetime.
I would curate projects that are really amazing but have very little views. I will not accept any projects such as
Coloring contest entries
Updates
I quit projects
Projects by a scratcher who left scratch
Bloody,gory and too violent projects
Inappropriate projects
Scary projects
Prohects by a scratcher who has been front paged during 3 months(excluding newest and sds).
Please give me a chance as i would love this oppurtunity.

Jus saying, that you should also list things that you would LIKE to curate, instead of things you won't! Just a suggestion though.  big_smile

#5600 2013-02-07 18:12:26

joshuaho
Scratcher

Do I say that in the forums?

Board footer