This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » Project Ideas
  •  » gamerBASE: A Scratcher-developed database for games in Scratch 2.0

#1 2012-12-24 11:31:30

gamer2012
Scratcher

gamerBASE: A Scratcher-developed database for games in Scratch 2.0

This is it: my genius idea that I have planned for months for Scratch 2.0. I originally thought about it when I was working on my "ScratchREVIEWS" collab (sorry about that). Essentially, the gamerBASE is a place where Scratchers can advertise their projects, as well as receive reviews from others. To help make this an organized and safe place, I will hire at least 10 people to join the "gamerCREW". Unlike in ScratchREVIEWS, the gamerCREW and work as much or as little as they want since there will hopefully be many members. The job of the gamerCREW is to moderate what regular users submit. This includes the projects and descriptions that they enter (it has to be made sure that they only put in their own projects), and the reviews that users submit. Members gain the benefits of not having to be moderated, and getting to be part of the ScratchREVIEWS team on the gamerBASE, which will be the most reliable place to find great reviews on Scratch games!

What do you guys think? I don't plan on starting this for at least 6 months, and I plan on maybe making this a collab so that the gamerBASE is efficient and well-designed.

Coming soon: Nothing much 'till Scratch 2.0. Oh, here's one of my classics!  tongue  Square Quest: (You BETTER click here!!! XD)

#2 2012-12-26 11:51:08

curiouscrab
Scratcher

Re: gamerBASE: A Scratcher-developed database for games in Scratch 2.0

Who's on the gamerCREW so far?

http://i50.tinypic.com/dopbtw.png

#3 2012-12-26 12:55:59

Firedrake969
Scratcher

gamer2012 wrote:

This is it: my genius idea that I have planned for months for Scratch 2.0. I originally thought about it when I was working on my "ScratchREVIEWS" collab (sorry about that). Essentially, the gamerBASE is a place where Scratchers can advertise their projects, as well as receive reviews from others. To help make this an organized and safe place, I will hire at least 10 people to join the "gamerCREW". Unlike in ScratchREVIEWS, the gamerCREW and work as much or as little as they want since there will hopefully be many members. The job of the gamerCREW is to moderate what regular users submit. This includes the projects and descriptions that they enter (it has to be made sure that they only put in their own projects), and the reviews that users submit. Members gain the benefits of not having to be moderated, and getting to be part of the ScratchREVIEWS team on the gamerBASE, which will be the most reliable place to find great reviews on Scratch games!

What do you guys think? I don't plan on starting this for at least 6 months, and I plan on maybe making this a collab so that the gamerBASE is efficient and well-designed.

Would you like to work with Community Computer Systems Inc.?

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#4 2012-12-27 15:09:55

Tbtemplex97
Scratcher

Its a good idea, Would you have a think like youtube where you submit an URL for  your project and you can get Likes and Dislikes?

Online Status: http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?action=onlineStatus&user=Tbtemplex97
Darkspace Coming Soon!, Try the Singleplayer Demo

#5 2012-12-27 21:37:55

technoguyx
Scratcher

I see Firedrake969 would like our company to work on this, so I'll help a little with ideas if you don't mind.  smile

I'm thinking a system similar to the one you are proposing. Game developers submit their games by filling a form with:

-The game's URL
-Game genre
-A short (<200 words) description

And then, anyone may rate a game, or write a short review as well. Game submissions and reviews shall be moderated by the "gamerCREW" before made public.

http://getgnulinux.org/links/en/linuxliberated_4_78x116.png

#6 2013-01-20 15:43:29

gamer2012
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

I see Firedrake969 would like our company to work on this, so I'll help a little with ideas if you don't mind.  smile

I'm thinking a system similar to the one you are proposing. Game developers submit their games by filling a form with:

-The game's URL
-Game genre

And then, anyone may rate a game, or write a short review as well. Game submissions and reviews shall be moderated by the "gamerCREW" before made public.

Sorry I never replied right away... Anyways, yeah, that's great! I'm not sure when I want to start working though since 'cause school can be busy; I'll think about it. Anyways, thanks a lot for offering to collaborate, and I am hope we start work soon!  big_smile

Coming soon: Nothing much 'till Scratch 2.0. Oh, here's one of my classics!  tongue  Square Quest: (You BETTER click here!!! XD)

#7 2013-01-20 16:16:45

gamer2012
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

-The game's URL
-Game genre

I agree, except for the last part. I kinda wanted the purpose of the description to be to advertise your project with as much detail as you wish (it could be cut off on the regular project page though).

#8 2013-01-20 17:08:08

technoguyx
Scratcher

gamer2012 wrote:

technoguyx wrote:

(...)

I agree, except for the last part. I kinda wanted the purpose of the description to be to advertise your project with as much detail as you wish (it could be cut off on the regular project page though).

I see. I don't think there's any problem with that, as list items have no length limit.

http://getgnulinux.org/links/en/linuxliberated_4_78x116.png

• Index
  •  » Project Ideas
  •  » gamerBASE: A Scratcher-developed database for games in Scratch 2.0

Board footer