This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5551 2013-01-15 06:54:23

numberonegamers
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Take 4

Ok scratch, I would like to be curator because I know scratch very well. I review games and OSes. I think I would be a curator because I would pick projects that have been worked on a lot. I wouldn't choose things like coloring contests and simple animations. Things that probably have been worked on for more that 60 hours. I create games and try to go on scratch daily but because of school, I can't so if there were no school, I would go 2 hours a day on scratch. I would really appreciate If you would pick me as curator because my goal is curator, then featured project, and then part of sctarch team. Please let me be curator.

When I receive [i am curator! v]
Say [yippee!!!] for [9999] seconds
Pick what projects to curate
Have lots of fun!

Last edited by numberonegamers (2013-01-15 06:57:24)

#5552 2013-01-16 17:54:26

MeTwo
Scratcher

Hello, to all of the Scratch community!
I've been in scratch for over two years now, and I always go to the front page and see all the latest projects that are out there. Every time I always wondered, "What would it be like if I were the curator?" That's what I've come here to talk to you guys about. I'd love to be a curator! I just think it would be one of the most wonderful Scratch experiences that I could have that I would love to experience!

If I were to be a curator, I'd pick games like pain editors, platformers, any of those type of things that I feel that should get more views and be acknowledged for there creativity and inspiration.

I'd like to be the curator because I feel that I could help the scratch community, but I simply don't have the power to do it. If you make me your curator, I could do that, I could help the scratch community. I'd pick my projects carefully and wisely so that projects that are selected can live there fullest.

I'd like to curate projects as often that you would like me to, when ever you would like. I'd make a list of projects to curate so that whenever the front page needed a new project, I'd just select one from my list.

Please select me as your new curator, and I thank you for your time to read this!  big_smile

Thanks!

#5553 2013-01-17 12:38:23

bbciplayer
Scratcher

Please may I be a curator?

smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile 
Have fun on Scratch !!

#5554 2013-01-17 16:23:54

starshadow
Scratcher

May I please be a cruator? I promise I will choose REALLY good projects. Like anti- bullying, things that should be appreciated more... I don't know if this is possible but, if it is, I promise not to cruate my own projects. I also am not really overly popular, and don't get many views anymore. I'm going to be honest here, I do want a few more views that I get already, but that's not why I want to be cruator. I want to because I want to cruate this one project... and it would mean allot to this person who's project I will cruate. I know this is out for any one to read, so I won't say who or what because I want it to be a surprise for them. Also I've never been featured or got any front paging other that top remixed only twice on other accounts. And also I've got on "newest projects" but I don't know if that counts. So, please cruate me! It would mean so much if you did! You don't have to, and I know how many people are on the waiting list. So, take your time.  smile  Again, it would mean so much!
~starshadow

#5555 2013-01-17 16:24:59

starshadow
Scratcher

anti- bullying *and things that should be appreciated more. Sorry for spelling error. XP

#5556 2013-01-19 08:29:05

horido6
Scratcher

Hello, My Name Is Horido6.

I Like Animations, Games And Art.
I Would Like To Become A Curator Because It Sounds Really, Really Fun!
If I Become One, I'll Be Sure To Pick My Favourite Projects As Often As Possible  big_smile  !
My Choices Would Be Creative And Arty Projects, And Amazing Game Engines That Catch My Eye...

Please Consider Me,
-Horido6  cool

HORIDO6 THE MOVIE IS ALMOST OUT!  cool
http://scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/762393_med.png?t=2013-02-11+16%3A38%3A30

#5557 2013-01-19 13:18:43

AshKittie
Scratcher

Hi there!  big_smile
I've always wanted to be curator, to see how it feels to make the dreams of fellow scratchers come true! ^-^
I think I'd curate a new project every 2-3 days, so that more scratchers would be able to see the projects on the front page.
The sort of projects I'd curate? Hmm... anything really!

What I look for in projects:
AMVs: I'd curate AMVs with drawings that have nice, clean linework, and nice, smooth animations.
Games: I'd curate games with good graphics, run smoothly, fun to play and are mostly cleared of bugs.

Thank you for reading!  smile
- Ash

http://pokefarm.org/_ext/BDuDvDROvFZr6DuT1DRr3 Thas  mai egg right dere. Click it or else. Something will happen... probably  tongue

#5558 2013-01-19 18:48:27

Scratchmad525
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator but maybe not just now because I still need a bit of help around the scratch website. By the way, I still have been using scratch for over 5 years now so I am pretty familiar with scratch. I love making game that are dressing up and art style games because when you play them, you know that no one else can make the same thing as you. Yours is unique. The games I like to look at and play are platform games, animation and art games so I can see how other people use the same ideas. They are sometimes very different! What would be a good idea is to give lots of scratchers a theme, such as a maze game, and see what the different results are.
Thank you and I hope I become a curator one day
Scratchmad525

#5559 2013-01-19 19:07:36

MeTwo
Scratcher

starshadow wrote:

anti- bullying *and things that should be appreciated more. Sorry for spelling error. XP

5555th post on topic! Nice!

#5560 2013-01-21 13:31:03

redragon
Scratcher

I'd love to be a curator.

I would definitely pick some projects with quirky/unique ideas that make you look at them in different ways..
- Redragon  cool

#5561 2013-01-21 13:32:04

redragon
Scratcher

Do you have to know what projects you would choose before applying to become a curator?

#5562 2013-01-21 16:26:06

Snowdrift
Scratcher

redragon wrote:

Do you have to know what projects you would choose before applying to become a curator?

naw

#5563 2013-01-21 16:45:06

redragon
Scratcher

Thanks for answering my question

#5564 2013-01-21 17:47:23

OrcaCat
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

The_Dancing_Donut wrote:

Yeah, after a nosy look at OrcaCat's projects, I think the same  smile
Yay cheddargirl!!  big_smile

Yeah, I forgot to say what I would curate. My favorites are: Random Blue Planet Creator, starfox 3d, and air to air missile defense. Random Blue Planet Creator is awesome, just I want someone to make it into a game, but I don't have enough time. Starfox 3d is totally awesome, but it has very few views, so I think it should be shown on the Scratch home page. Air to air missile defense has really  cool graphics, but it is kinda pointless, so I tried to turn it into a game, but I wasn't good enough. I would like a more experienced Scratcher to turn it into a game.

And I'm now a Scratcher, not a new Scratcher.

Okay. I think I'm ready to be a curator (soon). I've been on Scratch for over 2.5 years. I've seen a lot of projects. I've found three with less than 100 views/10 loves. After I finish my Pokemon game (which I expect will give me a lot of views, the intro alone has 120), I will make a "Curator" project where people submit their projects. But don't choose me until I finish my game.

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#5565 2013-01-21 18:11:17

minimaster9
Scratcher

I would like to be a scratch curator. I am kinda picky with the projects I would choose to be on the front page.

#5566 2013-01-22 16:34:17

angelica101
Scratcher

Okay... Trial number 12. If this doesn't work, I'll give up.

So, I've wanted to be curator for-like-a really really really REALLY long time. I'm way more experienced now and I know more than I used to. I started using the scratch site in September 2011, and I've been on for, like, ever since then. So, over the course of a few months, I decided I really know what I  should do for those unknown scratchers-I wanted to get them some views cause they deserve them. I mean, I've seen even better animations than the front page animators! Talk about programming! My friend in real life has a scratch account and he is an amazing programmer. No one pays any attention to him, probably his username? Is it his lack of icon? I think no one should pay attention to that, only how they act and what they make! You can't judge a book by its cover! So, what I'm saying here is, if I'm curator, I'll hope to brighten someone's day, just like my friend in real life. I would be really happy if I could be curator, and so would a lot of people with projects just waiting for a view or two. So please, I'd love to be curator!

Thanks for listening,
Angie.

Help with music please!|Nate, new OC! Bye 1.4... We'll miss you! http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/298/4/4/44c5a8acdd0f4bf07c2c5b86371ccfd3-d5ivtt4.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/24xf442.png

#5567 2013-01-23 01:20:35

Zaidhaan
Scratcher

Hi guys! im new to here can someone help me in using thi place?

#5568 2013-01-23 17:06:24

angelica101
Scratcher

Zaidhaan wrote:

Hi guys! im new to here can someone help me in using thi place?

Hi Zaidhaan! Welcome! This really isn't the right thread to ask for help, but post a topic in the New Scratchers forum.

Help with music please!|Nate, new OC! Bye 1.4... We'll miss you! http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/298/4/4/44c5a8acdd0f4bf07c2c5b86371ccfd3-d5ivtt4.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/24xf442.png

#5569 2013-01-26 10:12:15

pinkkoala25
Scratcher

Hello, Its me pinkkoala25. let me introduce myself first. I am a scratcher thats been on scratch for almost a year now. I love to look at cool projects and I would love to be curator.
What I'd do:
Id look at very unknown project around scratch.
I am very very active on the site checking messages every hour or other hour.
Id curate new projects every 1-2 days to make sure every great project gets a chance.
I will look at every single project thats linked to me.
I'd curate projects that had lots of effort put into them no matter if its poetry, amv's, and smooth animations.
I will be 100% fair asking people whether they had been curated before and looking at there average project views.
Id never judge a scratcher by there icon, lack of friends, and very few projects.

I hope you at least consider me to be curator
-pinkkoala25  wink

Last edited by pinkkoala25 (2013-01-26 10:12:32)

#5570 2013-01-26 11:05:38

WOLFLOVER458
Scratcher

Hello there!

I would like to become a curator, if possible. I am a loyal scratcher, and I've been registered since 2011(Two full years!).

If I was a curator, I would curate the projects that people spend a lot of time on, but never get noticed. These projects are the cool ones, the ones with amazing graphics and amazing gameplay.

An example of a project I would curate is "Ninja Dynamic Scroller". In this scrolling platformer game, you play as a ninja. You must kill the ducks that might kill you, and jump over water and obstacles. This is an amazing game, and I love the character. Someone, please make a similar project!

Anyways, thats my speech. I'm WOLFLOVER458, signing out!

Bye, and always believe my sig!
v

Hug yourself! You know your great, you know your amazing! You know it, so HUG YOURSELF! o^.^o

#5571 2013-01-27 00:13:27

sparky2008123
Scratcher

I've wanted to be curator for a while but I've wanted to get some of my projects curated even more.
I really like lots of different varieties of project "genres" but I think one of my favorites are animations, not just any animations, animations with funny music, hilarious voices and characters, and awesome storylines. I like them to be about a minute long, not just a really short 5 second cartoon.
I also like things similar to Pokemon and the Legend of Zelda, so RPG games.

I don't know if I deserve to be curator as much as other scratchers but I would really like to.

Quick question though... Can a scratcher become curator more than once?

Also I don't think curator would be that good for me right now since I'm really busy and can't play scratch TOO much (even though I get on everyday. Actually, scratch that last sentence. I think I do have time for something like that. Otherwise I wouldn't have started my own collaboration.... BTW, what do you guys look for in a curator? Anything special? Nothing? Good scratch helpers?

~sparky2008123

PS: I am very active, checking the site around 15 times a day and about 25 when I have a lot of spare time, but that's mostly cause I'm always surfing the web. looking for images for projects, inspiration, and otherwise just cause I'm bored. I will have been on scratch for a year in June, July, or August and am very loyal. I try to get along with my fellow scratchers and have flagged a couple of inappropriate comments, tags, and even got a project stolen from me and, instead of complaining endlessly, I went to a very nice Scratch Mod, Lightnin*, who i think is the author of this topic. i have created several galleries included my most used, Awesome Projects by Awesome Scratchers which holds many projects worthy of the front page.
If I was curator I would take some of these projects and share them with my fellow scratchers by presenting them on the front page, because I believe that everyone should get a project on the front page some time, excluding the New Projects list.

Last edited by sparky2008123 (2013-01-27 00:19:46)

Where can I find the best book ever?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mavjipQrj91rrpsd7.gif

#5572 2013-01-27 11:32:03

SeraGungor
Scratcher

I have applied to become a curator before but i unfortunitly didnt make it, so i am apllying again.

dear scratch,
I am very interested in being a curator. If i were curator I would put projects which I think have potential. I would most likely put platformers and animation that are different from others. I would give a chance to all those scratchers whom projects get barely any views.

#5573 2013-01-27 12:24:58

Mazdafreak
Scratcher

I am interested in becoming a curator. I have been on Scratch for a while (I have another account) and haven't ever applied before. If I have the honor of being selected as curator, I will do my best to feature many great projects that haven't been discovered by the rest of the Scratch community; there are so many great projects out there right now that haven't been discovered!

Thanks!
-Mazdafreak

http://i.imgur.com/cP5VgbH.png

#5574 2013-01-27 14:30:32

kayybee
Scratcher

By including some examples of projects that you might curate, you increase your chance of being selected! Try finding some projects first then linking to them here in your speech!

#5575 2013-01-28 14:14:57

D-Man9293
Scratcher

3rd attempt, and I think I see my problem: I've been too pushy! I don't know how to curate a project anyway, but I've seen games like The adventure of the box (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/magicpotatoes2/3019629), animation like Epic Mario-the Legend of the Three Luigis (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Cookman/3026687), and other games like Mario Hammer Craze (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Furybird/2933837) (I like Mario) That I think should be on the front page. They all have what it takes to be popular, and I want them to be. You don't have to make me a Curator, but if you do, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank You, even if you say no, D-Man9293.

Check out my signups for the game show  Scratch Island Survival!

Board footer