This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#76 2013-01-10 20:12:44

Firedrake969
Scratcher

Re: New blocks in scratch

lalala3 wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

lalala3 wrote:

[rant about SafeSearch being automatic]

Okay, never mind, my knowledge is outdated... by a few years. However, adding "&safe=active" to the previously proposed URL will suffice.

And I say once again:  It's not safe.  Not completely.

*sigh* Well, halfhearted counterargument coming right up.

And I too repeat something I have stressed multiple times: It's just as safe as other features of Scratch are. You see a project with a bad sprite/background/whatever, then you report it, right? The same thing applies to projects with inappropriate links to Google searches. I understand that there are valid reasons why the block should not be implemented, but this is not one of them. Give this one a rest.

*sigh*  ST controls Scratch, not Google.  I will if you will.   wink

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#77 2013-01-10 20:17:26

lalala3
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

lalala3 wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

And I say once again:  It's not safe.  Not completely.

And I too repeat something I have stressed multiple times: It's just as safe as other features of Scratch are. You see a project with a bad sprite/background/whatever, then you report it, right? The same thing applies to projects with inappropriate links to Google searches. I understand that there are valid reasons why the block should not be implemented, but this is not one of them. Give this one a rest.

It would be most appreciated if you would explain how that is supposed to disprove my argument.

And I had almost forgotten it when you just had to start it going again. So no, it's I will, if you will.

Last edited by lalala3 (2013-01-10 20:17:59)

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9374/signature2nt.png

#78 2013-01-10 20:25:28

Firedrake969
Scratcher

lalala3 wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

lalala3 wrote:

It would be most appreciated if you would explain how that is supposed to disprove my argument.

And I had almost forgotten it when you just had to start it going again. So no, it's I will, if you will.

Ok, then.

The Scratch team can control what users put on Scratch, but not what Google contains in its searches.  QED.

Click the sign.

#79 2013-01-10 20:58:42

lalala3
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

lalala3 wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Ok, then.

The Scratch team can control what users put on Scratch, but not what Google contains in its searches.  QED.

The Scratch Team can remove any link or reference to something it doesn't like, Q.E.D.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9374/signature2nt.png

#80 2013-01-10 21:54:24

Firedrake969
Scratcher

What if somebody forces you to search something?  It should at LEAST ask if you want to search before it actually searches.

Click the sign.

#81 2013-01-10 21:59:07

Wes64
Scratcher

ok you all are arguing pointless speculation.

this is neither dangerous nor useful. whatever happened to links in the project notes? why can't people search stuff on google themselves? when would this ever be useful. there are easy, easy work-arounds. projects don't need links because they can go elsewhere!

Experienced 2.0 Tester: Ask me questions!
Using Firefox 13.0, Flash plugin version 11.4.402.287, and Windows XP Professional.

#82 2013-01-13 12:18:02

bubby3
Scratcher

lalala3 wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

lalala3 wrote:

Ok, then.

The Scratch Team can remove any link or reference to something it doesn't like, Q.E.D.

I agree with you. That is like searching google itself. There are hardly ever inappropriate results even with it off.

Last edited by bubby3 (2013-01-13 12:23:10)

#83 2013-01-13 14:36:50

Firedrake969
Scratcher

bubby3 wrote:

lalala3 wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Ok, then.

I agree with you. That is like searching google itself. There are hardly ever inappropriate results even with it off.

How long have you been on Google?   tongue

Click the sign.

Board footer