This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2012-12-29 10:41:04

iaoumeur
Scratcher

Need ideas for platformer games

I made a platformer base but haven't got any ideas for levels, please give me some ideas.

Here is the platformer base: My Platformer base 1s1s

The Dot 3 is out!!! Play it here!

#2 2013-01-06 12:15:27

JhonnyD
Scratcher

Re: Need ideas for platformer games

A game where you need to avoid red (lava) and jump open spaces

http://images.brickset.net/wallpaper/Bionicle%20(2003,%20Toa%20Nuva)/toa_nuva_all1-1280.jpgBionicle shall live in our hearts forever

#3 2013-01-06 13:21:16

dechan
Scratcher

Hi, here's some ideas/suggestions (turning on the firehose!):

-use WASD and [SPACE] for your inputs, the arrow keys are nowhere near the "home-row" and too close to the mouse for most players.  Use [A] and [D] for left/right and have the [W] and [SPACE] jump, they're easy changes and they give the player the option of comfortably using the mouse.

-You could make a puzzle-per-room scheme where there are Springs that launch the player vertically, elevators, scale heights by jumping from ledge-to-ledge, and hop on moving ledges (vertical/horizontal) and throw some spiky or poisoned ledges in there for fun.

-The goal would be to traverse a series of rooms with a timer/chasers for each. 

-Allow the player to use the mouse on switches/screen elements when they are close to something.

-Scoring could be a combination of collected items (gems/coins/whatever), fewest moves, and countdown timer.

-Enemies could be the environment (poison), vertical falls onto pointy things, crushing things, and chasers which show up with a timer expires. Could also make some Jellies that pursue the player and would also be affected by the environment too, which would help the players learn what happens to them when they do something wrong.

-Each room would be a horizontal/vertical puzzle with an entry/exit point. These are familiar game-mechanics everyone can enjoy/understand.

This was my first "Project Ideas" reply. I hope it was helpful.

#4 2013-01-08 15:48:02

ethwok
Scratcher

Here's an idea
It would be a platformer where you are a superhero(maybe not just someone who can learn cool powers) and you jump on platforms that break, make you teleport, a bunch of cool stuff like that and there are things like rockets and coins. If you invest your coins, you can get powers like flying that you can do for a short period of time, and superjumping, and you can level up the power of jetpack, or trampoline, whatever you decide to do.

http://displaypicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Animals-12.jpg
I AM ETHWOK

#5 2013-01-09 13:06:42

iaoumeur
Scratcher

dechan wrote:

Hi, here's some ideas/suggestions (turning on the firehose!):

-use WASD and [SPACE] for your inputs, the arrow keys are nowhere near the "home-row" and too close to the mouse for most players.  Use [A] and [D] for left/right and have the [W] and [SPACE] jump, they're easy changes and they give the player the option of comfortably using the mouse.

-You could make a puzzle-per-room scheme where there are Springs that launch the player vertically, elevators, scale heights by jumping from ledge-to-ledge, and hop on moving ledges (vertical/horizontal) and throw some spiky or poisoned ledges in there for fun.

-The goal would be to traverse a series of rooms with a timer/chasers for each. 

-Allow the player to use the mouse on switches/screen elements when they are close to something.

-Scoring could be a combination of collected items (gems/coins/whatever), fewest moves, and countdown timer.

-Enemies could be the environment (poison), vertical falls onto pointy things, crushing things, and chasers which show up with a timer expires. Could also make some Jellies that pursue the player and would also be affected by the environment too, which would help the players learn what happens to them when they do something wrong.

-Each room would be a horizontal/vertical puzzle with an entry/exit point. These are familiar game-mechanics everyone can enjoy/understand.

This was my first "Project Ideas" reply. I hope it was helpful.

It was very helpful, thanks! I'm currently just making the game and your ideas gave me some ideas so thank you!

#6 2013-01-09 13:07:59

iaoumeur
Scratcher

ethwok wrote:

Here's an idea
It would be a platformer where you are a superhero(maybe not just someone who can learn cool powers) and you jump on platforms that break, make you teleport, a bunch of cool stuff like that and there are things like rockets and coins. If you invest your coins, you can get powers like flying that you can do for a short period of time, and superjumping, and you can level up the power of jetpack, or trampoline, whatever you decide to do.

Thanks! Working on it, if you want a picture in your signature here is some help. Forum help

#7 2013-01-09 16:22:54

ethwok
Scratcher

iaoumeur wrote:

ethwok wrote:

Here's an idea

Thanks! Working on it, if you want a picture in your signature here is some help. Forum help

HEY, someone actually helped me with that, thanks!

I AM ETHWOK

#8 2013-01-10 11:22:04

iaoumeur
Scratcher

ethwok wrote:

iaoumeur wrote:

ethwok wrote:

Here's an idea

You're welcome! Love the picture!

#9 2013-01-10 15:35:20

ethwok
Scratcher

iaoumeur wrote:

ethwok wrote:

iaoumeur wrote:

thanks

I AM ETHWOK

#10 2013-01-12 19:23:19

oshe10
Scratcher

ethwok wrote:

iaoumeur wrote:

ethwok wrote:

thanks

The picture is sad. Poor mouse:(

http://i.imgur.com/w4rS6.jpg

Board footer