This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2012-10-10 15:02:00

Chainmanner
Scratcher

Collab for a Scratch MMORPG

I was thinking that we could collaborate to make a Multiplayer or to some extent a Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game of a scroller shooter. It's hard, but not impossible. We could test it out on Mesh, and one of the important things that matters is that if we could play online, we need to have our views kept to ourselves. This means if one player is on one end of a map and another player is somewhere else, this means that they can't see each other unless in range of sight in the screen. This is not proven to work, but we can experiment. Another trick would be that rather than hosting a project that controls everything, there can be a completely different project that hosts the game and contains the same variables.

Please let me know of what you guys think of this!

#2 2012-10-10 15:02:53

transparent
Scratcher

Re: Collab for a Scratch MMORPG

While this is an idea, I think that it would best go in the Collaboration forum.  smile

yes, yes i do.

#3 2012-10-10 19:06:49

Chainmanner
Scratcher

This is a post for suggestions of what to make and how.

#4 2013-01-02 08:16:33

igglesrule
Scratcher

You should be able do something with Mesh.  I myself have been working on something similar. What I am doing is working my way up mesh like starting with simple mesh chats, then keep going till you have got a MMORPG

EDIT: If you are gonna make an MMORPG that really takes Scratch, I suggest waiting for Scratch 2.0. All the new features should help (many scratch MMORPGs i know are delaying their next version until scratch 2.0

Last edited by igglesrule (2013-01-02 08:19:22)

Board footer