This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5501 2012-12-21 20:00:35

positivelypositive
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Hello scratch, I've asked several times before, CAN I BE CURATOR? I want not only to be front paged myself (as i have been around 15 times), but also to have the ability to here and there select a good game or simulation and front page it! Trust me, this job is what i have been wishing for nearly all my scratch career. Please at least CONSIDER making me a future curator; it would be a great Christmas gift  big_smile .

Last edited by positivelypositive (2012-12-21 20:01:25)

positivelypositive-scratching since 2010

#5502 2012-12-22 13:24:47

uglysquidward
Scratcher

2nd attempt:

I want to be curator, There are some people who make projects and nobody see's them. I myself seen tons of stuff That has no views. Example:  http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/toastythecat/2885249

I will curate projects that are under 150 views max.

I will not allow:
-filler projects (like, BANANA or somthing)
-Coloring contest entries
-projects by an inactive scratcher
-projects with over 150 views
-updates

i WILL curate:
-great games
-well done animations
-Projects with less than 150 views
-good tests (not like, performance test or anything

Sorry if it's too long.

Last edited by uglysquidward (2012-12-22 13:27:29)

Moved back to qwerts9000

#5503 2012-12-22 16:14:03

jkljkl186
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator!  big_smile

I really enjoy and would innovative projects with mind boggling scripting that just makes you think: WOW, that is genius. I like to see people making projects that are scripted so well, with graphics so good, they would not look out of place on a professional flash games website!
I much prefer the game development aspect of scratch however I do love the occasional proof of concept projects that really push what is possible with scratch!
Thanks  smile

when gf clicked
repeat until <(jkljkl186 is cool?) = [YES!]>
 broadcast [Make jkljkl186 a curator!]
end

#5504 2012-12-22 18:40:19

PR0G4M3R4563
Scratcher

Hi Scratch Team. I posted my reasons, somewhat 5 1/2 months ago, and nothing has happened. So I'm gonna re do this, if that's okay.  smile

I am very responsible, I post respectful, useful comments. I always felt bad for the people who say they are not famous, and are never gonna be (the proof is in the Scratch of the Month project), and I want to change that.

People are kinda mean on project, saying a certain project sucks, or if it has way to simple scripts. Even people could say you are a horrible programmer. But that doesn't matter. But that is not what I like to see on Scratch, this is: People having fun, learning how to make great scripts, make art, and much more! Personally, I learn from chanmanpartyman, which who is not on Scratch anymore. His platformers were AMAZING, and that's why I am a platformer. So maybe you can be inspired to do something.

So maybe if you have some effort in your projects, I would love to curate it, and you can show people your programming.

Cyber bullying, and popularity is also my reason. No one wants to be made fun, right?

Thanks for your time!

-PR0G4M3R4563

when gf clicked
forever
wait until
PR0G4M3R4563 gets picked for curator!
say [Thanks so much if you pick me!] for (infinity) secs
[img]coollogo_com154345468

Last edited by PR0G4M3R4563 (2013-03-17 19:36:11)

#5505 2012-12-22 21:13:20

Firedrake969
Scratcher

PR0G4M3R4563 wrote:

Hi Scratch Team. I posted my reasons, somwhat 5 1/2 months ago, and nothing has happened. So I'm gonna re do this, if that's okay.  smile

I am very responsible, I post respectful, useful comments. I always felt bad for the people who say they are not famous, and are never gonna be (the proof is in the Scratch of the Month project), and I want to change that.

People are kinda mean on project, saying a certain project suck (Proof: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/PR0G4M3R4563/2949687).

My proof is my reason, and popularity is also my reason.

if any concerns, email me at [email removed by moderator. Please do not post personal contact info, see the Community Guidelines for details.)

Thanks for your time!

-PR0G4M3R4563

when gf clicked
forever
wait until
PR0G4M3R4563 gets picked for curator!
say [Thanks so much if you pick me!] for (infinity) secs
[url]coollogo_com154345468

blockspamming won't help.

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#5506 2012-12-23 09:51:47

joletole
Scratcher

donnerking wrote:

Can I Join The Scratch Team??? PLEASE!
http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/donnerking/2548490_sm.png

This topic is not for joining the Scratch Team. Though, every season, we hold moderator elections. But, you must be a scratcher to run in those elections. So maybe you should wait a while and soon you might be a moderator.

It may take a while to join the ST. You have to show that you fully understand the community of scratch and that no scratcher is important that another scratcher. You will have to talk to the ST over phone proving how old you are, and you will have to go through much training.

#5507 2012-12-23 15:23:51

thornshadow111
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator. I am probably going to leave, but I really do love scratch. It's just that, I keep getting comments that say how bad I am or that I should stop making games. I want people to feel that their projects can be viewed, and that they know someone will see their hard work.  Thanks for reading my post and I want scratchers to be known, and I want to help them.

Thanks for everything, Thornshadow111

smile   sad    wink   
                 Now my face hurts.

#5508 2012-12-23 17:34:35

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Recently, I've been on the scratch website and while I've been here, I've found several, astounding projects with great features, but sadly, they have at most 25 views, and I would love to change that. For example, this project caught my attention awhile ago becuase it has great graphics and was fun to play:
Plants
And also, I found this nice project more recently that, even though the project is a bit unresponsive and the scripts could be improved, this was astounding. The graphics were great, I really found it nice, and it seemed to me that a lot of effort was put into it:
Landminer 3.5

And to add on, I have simple rules for curation. You must have either a great project or a project with a lot of effort and work put into, both of which need to have only a small amount of views. Mainly this will be projects with good graphics or that are fun, though I'll keep my eye out for anything else.

So, I hope that you consider me for curator. I would greatly appreciate this opportunity to specifically help various scratchers, and the general Scratch Community. Also, this experience would mean a lot to me. So, thank you for reading this.  smile

Last edited by ErnieParke (2012-12-25 21:14:31)

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#5509 2012-12-24 16:34:09

zebrasonmoons
New Scratcher

I am interested in becoming a curator. I frequently view the 'Newest Projects' looking for fun projects. I want to shine light on games and simulations, because those projects I feel are not getting enough attention.

Projects like Super-Jump by spy_round_ere, Epic Nightmare by 12dude80, Shape Morphing Regular by r2dav2 I want to bring to the front page.

I'm sure it is highly unlikely I would be chosen out of all these people. But if you do chose me, I will not let you down. Thank you.

#5510 2012-12-24 19:25:00

MEOWCAT34
Scratcher

It stinks that all the good projects have less than 100 views and scratcher's projects just get popular because they're well-known. Well, i'm done with that silly nonsence. It's so unfair. Fortunately, I have came to the rescue with my curator plan.

Vote MEOWCAT34 for curator!

Wuntz a pun a tiem dere wuz a ranndumb guy. da end.
GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

#5511 2012-12-24 22:09:08

zebrasonmoons
New Scratcher

MEOWCAT34 wrote:

It stinks that all the good projects have less than 100 views and scratcher's projects just get popular because they're well-known. Well, i'm done with that silly nonsence. It's so unfair. Fortunately, I have came to the rescue with my curator plan.

It didn't use to be like that. It was around the time animation became more popular than games that the system changed.

#5512 2012-12-25 18:00:57

drevis2
Scratcher

soniku3 wrote:

JhonnyD wrote:

hey lighnin can i be a curator

One does not simply be a curator.  tongue

Yes JhonnyD. Its not that easy.

http://s2.postimage.org/x8wlk0b55/Lavender_town_ad.png

#5513 2012-12-25 18:07:42

drevis2
Scratcher

I really don't think I will be picked to be Curator. But i'm going to try. So if I may ask can I please be a Curator? I promise I will pick projects that are not famous. But is really had some good work put in it. So please let me be a Curator. I would put it to good use!

http://s2.postimage.org/x8wlk0b55/Lavender_town_ad.png

#5514 2012-12-25 18:11:05

Firedrake969
Scratcher

MEOWCAT34 wrote:

[blockspam removed]

Blockspam won't help, and also what zebra said.  It helps to have a longer speech, too.

Last edited by Firedrake969 (2012-12-25 18:11:12)

Click the sign.

#5515 2012-12-25 18:12:38

MEOWCAT34
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

MEOWCAT34 wrote:

[blockspam removed]

Blockspam won't help, and also what zebra said.  It helps to have a longer speech, too.

How is scratch blocks blockspam?

Wuntz a pun a tiem dere wuz a ranndumb guy. da end.
GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

#5516 2012-12-25 18:27:25

Snowdrift
Scratcher

MEOWCAT34 wrote:

Block spam is when you put an irrevlevant scratch script to your post.
And, If scratch blocks aren't block spam than what is?

#5517 2012-12-25 18:30:42

Firedrake969
Scratcher

^that^

Click the sign.

#5518 2012-12-25 19:51:08

kayybee
Scratcher

MEOWCAT34 wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

MEOWCAT34 wrote:

[blockspam removed]

The only time you should use scratchblocks is for showing someone a script (not to put your message in)

#5519 2012-12-25 20:04:40

zevbo
Scratcher

I would love to be curator. I think it’s important to curate projects that have interesting code that’s hard to write. I value that highly. I will also curate projects that haven’t gotten the views they deserve. That I also think is important. But the thing I value more than everything is creativity. Here is a project with very interesting code and a creative idea: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/r2dav2/2986339 . This is very well designed and is a very creative way of changing a classic jumping game: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/nathmorr/2921248. I don’t just like games. Here’s a very nice animation of the type I’d like to curate. http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/tosco97/2275867 It is a very smart animation. I also like mathy optical illusions.

I hope you make me curator. Thank you. :-)

#5520 2012-12-25 20:17:14

uglysquidward
Scratcher

3rd attempt:

I want to be curator, There are some people who make projects and nobody see's them. *I myself seen tons of stuff That has no views. Example:  http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/toastythecat/2885249

I will curate projects that are under 150 views max.

I will not allow:
-filler projects
-Coloring contest entries
-projects by an inactive scratcher
-projects with over 150 views
-updates

i WILL curate:
-great games
-well done animations
-Projects with less than 150 views
-good tests
-Projects by great animators, artists, or programmers

Sorry if it's too long.

Moved back to qwerts9000

#5521 2012-12-26 09:25:24

Auto007
Scratcher

To Respected Scratch Team,
    About - Being A Curator on Scratch

This is my bio-data for being a curator on scratch.Being a curator is what I have always been dreaming since i knew that some projects are chosen by curators. I was the curator of science and activities section of school magazine, which included various activities from students(made by them),  like their own mathematical puzzles and etc.
          I find lots of projects with amazing potential, but they never get recognition, and most of them never make to front page. If I be curator, I'd step aside from the always front-paged creators and try to get some new Scratchers recognized.
         I will not select the competitive  projects, like drawing contests, make a game remix style projects which are made for remixes. Some projects contain something about their creator ( like Intro projects), they will not be considered.
         I specially do like projects which have innovative ideas. Ideas which are out of box. Which redefine the the original concepts. i like traditional projects also. I also like Projects which tell something about science, especially  Astronomy. I like platform games,OS simulations mostly,and projects which take a real world input like mic. input .
Some examples are :-
        www.scratch.mit.edu/projects/dapontes/2958710
         3D model by Canthiar
         Gravity Art  by Zro716
         The cell by PixelStudios

Thank you for reading

Last edited by Auto007 (2012-12-28 23:01:42)

#5522 2012-12-28 05:35:32

iaoumeur
Scratcher

Hi there,

I would like to apply for a scratch curator. I would curate projects that not only don't have many views but also have had effort put into them, like Pastel Dreams by Gagamonster105. I would also curate projects that involve some maths like r2dav2's project: Scale

I would not curate projects that have been done quickly or colouring contests.

I would add projects to my favourites 7 or 8 times a week.

Thanks for reading!

The Dot 3 is out!!! Play it here!

#5523 2012-12-28 14:51:46

JhonnyD
Scratcher

I want to be a curator

http://images.brickset.net/wallpaper/Bionicle%20(2003,%20Toa%20Nuva)/toa_nuva_all1-1280.jpgBionicle shall live in our hearts forever

#5524 2012-12-28 16:33:17

KrIsMa
Scratcher

Hello Scratch team, since my last speech was a bit long..., I will shorten it a bit. So first, hello, my name is Kris, and I would like to apply to be a curator. There are five main things that I think a curator is ment to do.
1. They pick games that they think people will like and not to be bias. What I mean is that the project is well done (not incomplete, but looks like the creator put effort into their work) and a curator is not bias. They shall not pick projects only to their liking, like only (or picking most of) animation projects, game projects, and soo on. I pick all of them, because I like animaion, games, music, art, story, simulation and other tags  smile
2. They give words of improvement and comments. Well, being curator is not easy. You have to pick projects and point out places of improvement, if none, comment. Not to hurt the creator, but to give the creator words of advice to improve their game!
3. Not picking recently curated or front paged games. Some people say that if a project has ___ views, they will not curate it. Well, how do you know it was front paged before? Even if it was, and if the project is very well done, I would curate it again. If it was recently curated (I say about 3 months), then no.
4. A chance for people to apply for curations. I will try and look at a lot of peoples' projects, but not all of them. This is where this fits in. People can ask for curations, but I will comment to all comments on my project page. I do not like people that ignore comments, like if someone posts on my project, I will almost everytime comment on that comment. It's like saying someone is nice and not responding. Mean, isn't it? So I will try to give feedback to all people who request to be curated.
5. Curating at regular intervals. This is for fairness. We do not want a project to be up for 3 hours and others 3 days!
Some examples of things I think I will curate is
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/360-International/2113142, I think this users project is very unique and very well done! This user has taken a long time to make this game and if you download it, you see lots of complicated scripts!
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Molybdenum/2630970, make your own art with math and variables, a very good idea!
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/boaz4/2834692, lots of math in the scripts and the physics are very good!
I am free for questions, so don't hasitate to ask. Just comment on one of my projects  big_smile
Thank you for reading my (shortened) speech, Scratch On  smile

Last edited by KrIsMa (2013-01-01 14:52:46)

http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=KrIsMa&amp;action=onlineStatus&amp;online=http://i49.tinypic.com/2pzic0m.png&amp;offline=http://i49.tinypic.com/r7p10n.png
The Scratch Team (and fellow scratchers!) is/are so nice!!!

#5525 2012-12-29 11:12:03

Firedrake969
Scratcher

Greetings Scratch Team:

I would like to apply for curator.  I have applied a few times before, but I'd like to apply again.  I have been working with Scratch for years now, and would like to have a say in what projects reach the front page.

First, the projects.  On the front page, especially in the Top Remixed section, I see OK-quality projects.  Then, while browsing the forums, I see users with good projects, but they only have a few views!  Those users generally don't advertise on the forums, but their projects deserve views, unlike some others that sometimes get to the front page.  I will, however, do every effort to put projects on the front page that have less than 50 views.

Second, the project types.  As with the projects themselves, I will only put unique projects.  Traditional projects, such as platformers, coloring contests, art dumps, and AMVs wouldn't be curated unless they were very unique, as some unnoticed have proved to be.  I would curate the new, unique projects out there by unknown Scratchers.  For example, Digimath's project is an amazingly unique way to create a text-based game, and it doesn't use lists!  Another example is TheSupremeOverLord's projects.  She has a moderate amount of views, but has progressed quite a bit from her first account.  Her trampoline is amazing.  Another unique one is Pong Reverse, the opposite of Pong, by Snowdrift.  I would not take into consideration how famous the Scratchers were, but how long the projects had been out divided by the views, in addition to my own reckoning of how unique the project is.  The larger the number I got, the more likely it would be curated.  I would not curate any projects younger than a week, like the Featured Projects row.  However, I would take all requests, and if there were a simply amazing project, I would curate it, providing it had minimal views.

If I become curator, thank you.  If not, thank you still.  I love Scratch and want it to continually grow.  Harvard already uses it in its computer science course.  Who knows, one day Scratch may be the worldwide programming language for children!

Thank you for your time in reading my speech.  I am hopeful, and am excited for this opportunity.  I wish all of my opponents luck in becoming curator!

Sincerely,
Firedrake969

Click the sign.

Board footer