This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#9851 2012-11-29 11:19:25

sparks
Community Moderator

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

transparent wrote:

sparks wrote:

Hi all! I've just started a Minecraft LP with my friend  smile  I'd be grateful if you could take a look and tell me what you think  smile  You can click the link in my sig to view an episode, or go to the accidentalgames channel on Youtube  smile

Someone linked me to that the other day. Cool.
I like your accent. ;o

Oh really? That's cool! I'm glad you liked it  smile

Yeah, I'm from Switzerland but speak English with quite a strong British accent!

Mmm, I'm 20, but most Let's Player's on YouTube are around 20-30!

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7563/scratchbetabanner.png

#9852 2012-11-29 11:30:21

maxskywalker
Scratcher

sparks wrote:

transparent wrote:

sparks wrote:

Hi all! I've just started a Minecraft LP with my friend  smile  I'd be grateful if you could take a look and tell me what you think  smile  You can click the link in my sig to view an episode, or go to the accidentalgames channel on Youtube  smile

I like your accent. ;o

Yeah, I'm from Switzerland but speak English with quite a strong British accent!

Which part of Britain?

In my experience, most Youtube LPers are 18-25.

#9853 2012-11-29 11:34:20

maxskywalker
Scratcher

My friend (Smaug5) and I are designing a server with a strong focus on economics.  The other day, we were discussing what should happen when you die; I thing that you should be economically erased from existence: loans become null, all property is revoked, all money removed.  He says that you should lose 75% of your money.  I just thought I'd get some opinion on this.

#9854 2012-11-29 11:52:46

sparks
Community Moderator

maxskywalker wrote:

sparks wrote:

transparent wrote:

I like your accent. ;o

Which part of Britain?

I live in Bath, which is near Bristol  smile

#9855 2012-11-29 11:54:06

transparent
Scratcher

Did you or Crazyman create the signature? It looks nice.

yes, yes i do.

#9856 2012-11-29 11:59:09

Nintendoandfriends
Scratcher

maxskywalker wrote:

My friend (Smaug5) and I are designing a server with a strong focus on economics.  The other day, we were discussing what should happen when you die; I thing that you should be economically erased from existence: loans become null, all property is revoked, all money removed.  He says that you should lose 75% of your money.  I just thought I'd get some opinion on this.

Your idea.
The second one doesn't really fit, plus it's a lot less punishing. It needs to be hard.  tongue
It would be a pain to start all over, but hey. I say the first one.

#9857 2012-11-29 12:02:45

DigiTechs
Scratcher

Nintendoandfriends wrote:

maxskywalker wrote:

Your idea.
The second one doesn't really fit, plus it's a lot less punishing. It needs to be hard.  tongue

I love playing Minecraft with this kind of gameplay; that's why I NEVER create beds. I also build my house about 10 chunks away from the spawn, so i'm bound to loose the house. I have Rei's minimap though, and if I do die, I erase all of my waypoints and start again.

I'm back.
Maybe.

#9858 2012-11-29 12:38:36

sparks
Community Moderator

transparent wrote:

Neither, that was my brother - He's studying graphic design at College at the moment and he's actually made us T-shirts with variations of that design  tongue

#9859 2012-11-29 13:20:41

DigiTechs
Scratcher

sparks wrote:

transparent wrote:

Neither, that was my brother - He's studying graphic design at College at the moment and he's actually made us T-shirts with variations of that design  tongue

Nice.

Sadly, I can't do a LP with anyone cause' no one likes me D:
JK, of course  tongue
But I still can't do a LP.
EDIT: I'm too busy expanding my automatic Klein Star Omega production.... I'm currently on Klein Star Vier.. And it produces at a VERY fast speed.

Last edited by DigiTechs (2012-11-29 13:24:30)

I'm back.
Maybe.

#9860 2012-11-29 13:40:35

sparks
Community Moderator

DigiTechs wrote:

sparks wrote:

transparent wrote:

Nice.

JK, of course  tongue
EDIT: I'm too busy expanding my automatic Klein Star Omega production.... I'm currently on Klein Star Vier.. And it produces at a VERY fast speed.

They are certainly VERY Time consuming. But a lot of fun  tongue

#9861 2012-11-29 14:15:01

DigiTechs
Scratcher

sparks wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

sparks wrote:

Nice.

JK, of course  tongue

"The accidental games" o:

Is Odedex in that?

I'm back.
Maybe.

#9862 2012-11-29 15:23:11

maxskywalker
Scratcher

DigiTechs wrote:

maxskywalker wrote:

Your idea.

I love playing Minecraft with this kind of gameplay; that's why I NEVER create beds. I also build my house about 10 chunks away from the spawn, so i'm bound to loose the house. I have Rei's minimap though, and if I do die, I erase all of my waypoints and start again.

Thanks guys.  I'll tell him your opinions as soon as a few more people respond.

#9863 2012-11-29 15:30:53

sparks
Community Moderator

DigiTechs wrote:

sparks wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Nice.

JK, of course  tongue

"The accidental games" o:

Is Odedex in that?

No, that's not my series, that's a series that happens to have a similar name  tongue  I'm Accidental Let's Play (ALP) which is different. I have a site too  big_smile  www.accidentalgames.com

#9864 2012-11-29 16:00:14

werdna123
Scratcher

Those videos are pretty impressive. I don't really mind it but you should probably put a warning due to a couple of swears. (They weren't aggressive though, very light-hearted)

#9865 2012-11-29 16:15:33

sparks
Community Moderator

I'm glad you like the videos  smile  I don't know if it really needs a warning - the language is very mild. Where would you suggest I put it? Crazyman47 and I have slightly different views on language, so we compromise a little.

#9866 2012-11-29 23:07:49

jji7skyline
Scratcher

sparks wrote:

maxskywalker wrote:

sparks wrote:

Which part of Britain?

I live in Bath, which is near Bristol  smile

Ah, I've been there. It's a really nice area  smile

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!  big_smile

#9867 2012-11-30 12:53:36

Gravitation
New Scratcher

Can somebody explain a little bit about playing on servers to me? I'm new to servers. What server should I play on?

#9868 2012-11-30 13:05:58

sparks
Community Moderator

Gravitation wrote:

Can somebody explain a little bit about playing on servers to me? I'm new to servers. What server should I play on?

What a huge topic that is! There are all sorts of different servers. The general idea of Servers, of course, it just to have fun playing with others! There are two main categories of server - whitelisted or public, the former being a server only select people can visit, such as the one Crazyman47 and I record on, the latter being a free-for all. In that though, there are vanilla servers where normal survival Minecraft is played, creative servers where people build things together, PVP (player versus player) servers where players are allowed to freely kill others - these are often a MAD place to be on a public server, IMO. There are also modded game servers that host games like Race for Wool, Hunger Games, Nail, Team Fortress2 etc.

I personally don't play much single-player anymore - the group aspect of Minecraft is something I really enjoy, though I really dislike PVP servers.

What sort of Minecraft do you like to play? That might help you decide what sort of server to join!

#9869 2012-11-30 13:22:49

Gravitation
New Scratcher

sparks wrote:

Gravitation wrote:

What a huge topic that is! There are all sorts of different servers. The general idea of Servers, of course, it just to have fun playing with others! There are two main categories of server - whitelisted or public, the former being a server only select people can visit, such as the one Crazyman47 and I record on, the latter being a free-for all. In that though, there are vanilla servers where normal survival Minecraft is played, creative servers where people build things together, PVP (player versus player) servers where players are allowed to freely kill others - these are often a MAD place to be on a public server, IMO. There are also modded game servers that host games like Race for Wool, Hunger Games, Nail, Team Fortress2 etc.

I personally don't play much single-player anymore - the group aspect of Minecraft is something I really enjoy, though I really dislike PVP servers.

What sort of Minecraft do you like to play? That might help you decide what sort of server to join!

Thanks, sparks! I'm a fan of Survival mode, so maybe I can join HdCraft or Evercraft?

#9870 2012-11-30 13:41:42

dvd4
Scratcher

Wuts a MC server ?

I made a mod  big_smile  It's called blook!
http://i49.tinypic.com/16ia63p.png

#9871 2012-11-30 13:42:43

PonyvilleSlugger
Scratcher

dvd4 wrote:

Wuts a MC server ?

A server for Minecraft.

♫ 8% of teens pretend to be morally superior due to the music they listen to. If you are one of the 92% of teens who don't, copy and paste this into your signature. ♫♪
http://i46.tinypic.com/waj11e.gif

#9872 2012-11-30 13:50:04

sparks
Community Moderator

dvd4 wrote:

Wuts a MC server ?

Yeah, it basically lets you play Minecraft with other people  smile

#9873 2012-11-30 13:53:40

sparks
Community Moderator

Gravitation wrote:

Thanks, sparks! I'm a fan of Survival mode, so maybe I can join HdCraft or Evercraft?

Yes, both of those look like good servers! This is by no means a comprehensive list, but you could take a look at http://minecraft.dk/mcserverlist/ for some other ideas!

#9874 2012-11-30 13:56:20

Gravitation
New Scratcher

sparks wrote:

Gravitation wrote:

Yes, both of those look like good servers! This is by no means a comprehensive list, but you could take a look at http://minecraft.dk/mcserverlist/ for some other ideas!

Thank you!  big_smile

#9875 2012-11-30 15:52:04

ImagineIt
Scratcher

DigiTechs wrote:

maxskywalker wrote:

Your idea.

If you have a compass and you're near spawn, you'll never lose it. How will you be bound to lose it if it's near spawn?

Board footer