This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5301 2012-10-04 20:07:25

sportsdude6
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Hello Scratch Team, sportsdude6 here. Thank you for taking the time of considering me to become curator. This is my third or fourth time applying, but i haven't for a while. If I happen to become Curator, I will not pick any "Love this and youll get a love it back lolz" or "remix this" or coloring contests. I will probably not be curating (if I become one) animations unless they really stand out. I would not keep one project on the front page for over a day or too. I have a few projects in mind.  smile  Please consider me to become a curator, it would mean so much to me. Thank you for considering me as a curator, Scratch Team.   smile

Last edited by sportsdude6 (2012-10-04 20:07:47)

#5302 2012-10-04 20:23:17

HecamefromplanetZ
Scratcher

Can I be a Curator?  big_smile

#5303 2012-10-04 21:38:00

TeslaKat
Scratcher

henley wrote:

Why don't you people when you become curator just have a project that tells people to comment projects by other people that they want curated, then curate those along with other projects that YOU want to curate? Similar to the way featuring works, only more lenient.

It's a good idea, and I don't think anyone has done this before.

I would actually just like to point out that what you suggest has happened very often. People ask, and are overloaded with responses, and so some feelings are hurt. It tends to work, and lightens some of the problems off of the curator.  smile   I hope this clears things up.  ~TeslaKat

http://i.imgur.com/z63Qc.jpg

#5304 2012-10-05 06:29:12

justin0007
New Scratcher

thnx

#5305 2012-10-05 08:00:59

jontmy00
Scratcher

HecamefromplanetZ wrote:

Can I be a Curator?  big_smile

You are supposed to post a speech. Not that.  wink

FOR ALL THE NEWS ON UPDATES FOR SIMPLISTICRAFT, CLICK HERE.

#5306 2012-10-05 08:42:26

henley
Scratcher

TeslaKat wrote:

henley wrote:

Why don't you people when you become curator just have a project that tells people to comment projects by other people that they want curated, then curate those along with other projects that YOU want to curate? Similar to the way featuring works, only more lenient.

I would actually just like to point out that what you suggest has happened very often. People ask, and are overloaded with responses, and so some feelings are hurt. It tends to work, and lightens some of the problems off of the curator.  smile   I hope this clears things up.  ~TeslaKat

Huh.

I've never seen that happen.

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#5307 2012-10-05 09:00:47

michealburns1
New Scratcher

I would like to become a curator

#5308 2012-10-05 11:00:33

TeslaKat
Scratcher

henley wrote:

TeslaKat wrote:

henley wrote:

Huh.

I understand that you may not have seen it happen, as they only post one project. Sometimes, they just add it to the notes of one of their projects.  smile  Two scratchers that I've seen having suggestion projects are the_hawk_arisen, and puppies4ever. You may have seen these scratchers as curator before. In fact, I've suggested a project, Catching Craze, to the_hawk_arisen, and they curated it.  Sorry for the confusion. ~TeslaKat

#5309 2012-10-06 13:20:24

coolhogs
Scratcher

Every story starts out small.

I understand that, and I think it's time for me to be curator. The curator's job is to take other Scratchers to other dimensions, to take them to see, and to train them in any way.

I would curate every project that has less than 20 views, every project that imagines, programs, and shares, very well.

Whoever you curate for this job, I don't care.

Get ready for domination of:  tongue

#5310 2012-10-06 14:08:44

cartooncreator
Scratcher

Hello Scratch Team!
Thank you for reading this and considering me. I think this is my 2nd time requesting. :3

I would like to be curator because:
-There are many, many great projects out there that don't get recognized.
-There are many Scratchers that are talented, but they just don't get front paged because more popular Scratchers are, well,  popular! And they take up the front page.
-I will only curate projects if they really stand out, not if it says, "Curate me and I'll advertise for you".
-I run a weekly newspaper on Scratch, and I am constantly reviewing projects, so I know talent when I see it.
-I think everyone should get a chance!
Thank you again for considering me.  smile
~cartooncreator

http://i37.tinypic.com/2qixx6c.png

#5311 2012-10-06 15:52:23

Sholvanic1058
Scratcher

If any of the Scratch Admins are reading this, please carry on.

I would love to be a Curator because:

1. Every Week I'll choose a theme.

2. I'll choose unique, talented, best scripted projects.

3. I'll be fair with every Scratcher and choose different projects each week from different Scratchers.

4. I'll choose carefully and watch out for people who do Out of this world projects.

5. I'll give unknown or unpopular Scratchers a little chance of getting their project on the front page.

Thanks,

Sholvanic1058

http://i44.tinypic.com/2lj6o94.png

#5312 2012-10-06 16:45:56

Hammerhead301
Scratcher

Greetings Scratch team! I have seen many projects that need some more views! I know the names by heart because I someday hope to curate them! I would also help other people with good projects and little views!  If I have your permission I would like to be a curater!

-Thanks
    Hammerhead301

#5313 2012-10-06 17:13:53

LiFaytheGoblin
Scratcher

TeslaKat wrote:

henley wrote:

TeslaKat wrote:

Huh.

I understand that you may not have seen it happen, as they only post one project. Sometimes, they just add it to the notes of one of their projects.  smile  Two scratchers that I've seen having suggestion projects are the_hawk_arisen, and puppies4ever. You may have seen these scratchers as curator before. In fact, I've suggested a project, Catching Craze, to the_hawk_arisen, and they curated it.  Sorry for the confusion. ~TeslaKat

I did this too! Unfortunately, people often didn't read the conditions for a project to be curated, so I had to tell them that I couldn't curate their project. That kind of makes me sad...

#5314 2012-10-07 12:18:14

ahirbhairav
Scratcher

1. I'll choose unique, talented, best scripted projects.

2. I'll be fair with every Scratcher and choose different projects each week from different Scratchers.

3. I'll choose carefully and watch out for people who do Out of this world projects.

4. I'll give unknown or unpopular Scratchers a little chance of getting their project on the front page.

5. I only choose projects without bugs.

6. I will always test out a program before curating.

#5315 2012-10-07 14:26:17

Borrego6165
Scratcher

Speech for curation attempt 3
"The curator speech that's not spoken"

Who am I?
I'm a teenager from England, who has won "Bronze" (top viewed & loved) "Silver" (has projects curated) and more recently, "Gold" (Featured!!!  big_smile  -sorry, I know faces are unprofessional but I'm still ecstatic over it) and you couldn't tell an athlete in the Olympics not to aim for higher. In this third speech, I'm going to try to aim for "Platinum" (if that exists) and I assure you that if you picked me to be a curator I will only pick the projects with the most effort put in (so not necessarily the best quality, but the best effort).

The Specifications:
1) I follow the rules of the featured regulations, except I'll allow unlimited love-its because of my experience where I've had and seen projects with decent love-its but not enough to equal the effort put into it.

2) I will look for projects with unique characters. You see, I believe that we do not have enough characters on scratch, and that everyone remixes too much mario, sonic, kirby and scratch cat projects and that we need more rememberable mascots

3) I was hoping that for week 1 I'd show projects which follow the theme of unique mascots and characters, whether it's a game with that character or some sort of information project about them. then for week 2 after running a competition, I'd show the entries and winners to my create a hero/mascot competition, but don't worry I can shorten it or scrap this idea if you feel it is inappropriate.

So, mascots are my theme and I base it on effort, I hope to hear from you,

Last edited by Borrego6165 (2012-10-07 14:27:10)

Generation:4001 Build a beautiful city, with over 50 objects and over 10000 tiles per city! This simulates traffic, pollution, tourism, crime and more!

#5316 2012-10-07 15:48:50

oshe10
Scratcher

Hi!
I would choose games.
I would choose unique projects.
I would choose art projects.
I would choose different projects.
I'll give unknown or unpopular Scratchers a little chance of getting their project on the front page.
Thank You!

http://i.imgur.com/w4rS6.jpg

#5317 2012-10-08 09:32:25

djdolphin
Scratcher

Dear Scratch Team,
    I would like to be a Scratch Curator because there are many good text adventure games on the website, but they are largely unknown. I think this type of games is under appreciated, because there are ten pages when you search "text adventure," and ten when you search "text based game," yet I haven't seen any of them on the front page. Text adventures aren't even recognized on the Scratch Wiki page on games.
If I became curator, I would choose text adventures that:

- Have less than 40 views
- Were submitted after the 2 millionth project
- Are more or less complete

Thanks for reading this,
djdolphin

Last edited by djdolphin (2012-10-08 10:38:41)

#5318 2012-10-08 12:26:12

transparent
Scratcher

Congrats, LiFaytheGoblin.  smile

yes, yes i do.

#5319 2012-10-09 09:30:38

mythbusteranimator
Scratcher

Hello, this is MBA here; and this is a paragraph explaining why I would be a good curator.

In my 8 months as a Scratcher, I have seen many GREAT projects, but they almost never get the views they deserve. If I am curator, I can find three of these projects every two days...in two weeks, that is 21 unheard of projects that have suddenly been discovered! And, I would also choose a theme....for example, I would choose many 1s1s projects...due to the difficulty of these projects, it just shows that this Scratcher has a ton of skill! Over my 8 months here, I have met a large community of friendly and talented Scratchers, and I would be honored to play a part this large in Scratch.

--MBA

http://www.foxtrot.com/comics/2012-04-01-fdb37077.gif
clicky

#5320 2012-10-09 17:02:19

TeslaKat
Scratcher

LiFaytheGoblin wrote:

TeslaKat wrote:

henley wrote:

Huh.

I did this too! Unfortunately, people often didn't read the conditions for a project to be curated, so I had to tell them that I couldn't curate their project. That kind of makes me sad...

I agree, yet it makes many other scratchers happy. If they chose not to read the guidelines, then it's not really your fault, and they can't blame you.  smile

#5321 2012-10-10 01:39:51

ahirbhairav
Scratcher

Hello I would like to be a curator because I have seen so many projects being neglected all because they are too good.

#5322 2012-10-10 16:49:49

Shmolagin
Scratcher

Hello, I would like to be a curator because it would be awesome to have the privilege of giving deserving projects front page status. Lately so many platformers have made it to the front page that I would not curate any unless one really really stood out to me. I would try to curate a wide variety of projects including; 3D projects, scrolling games, drawing programs, projects with good AI, and classic games. Here are examples from each category.
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/JTxt/1696281
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/BIG-red-BUTTON/1872191
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/nasami/1336272
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/LolCat72/1457697
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/SenatorPenguin/1425           
To select projects to curate, not only would I look around myself, I would post a forum thread and maybe a project asking for suggestions. I would try to curate a new project every day to give plenty of scratchers a chance to have a curated project. I know it is a long shot, but please consider me.

#5323 2012-10-10 20:21:34

oshe10
Scratcher

TeslaKat wrote:

LiFaytheGoblin wrote:

TeslaKat wrote:

I agree, yet it makes many other scratchers happy. If they chose not to read the guidelines, then it's not really your fault, and they can't blame you.  smile

Where are the guidelines??
~Oshe10

http://i.imgur.com/w4rS6.jpg

#5324 2012-10-11 17:08:29

TeslaKat
Scratcher

oshe10 wrote:

TeslaKat wrote:

LiFaytheGoblin wrote:

Where are the guidelines??
~Oshe10

Well, they aren't called GUIDELINES, I don't think.... but it's the first post on this forum.  smile  Go to page one.  tongue

#5325 2012-10-11 17:29:58

transparent
Scratcher

Welcome to the fora, TeslaKat. :3

yes, yes i do.

Board footer