This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1126 2012-09-30 09:25:18

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Re: User-made Scary Stories

Animeboy975 wrote:

Chill Grill and Fletcher's Family Center were my favorite stories I wrote.
Both are really good.

Don't say that about things you wrote!

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#1127 2012-09-30 12:43:58

banana500
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

I give you guys a present. Since its October tommorow, a new story of mine will be released every Friday.  big_smile

@banana: What about the one I wrote when I was in Michigan that you said was really good? (Chill Grill)

Both are really good.

Yeah, Chill Grill was the one I really liked. Though the name seriously reminded me of That's So Raven.  tongue

soupoftomato wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

Both are really good.

Aw come on, man, don't you think that was a little insulting?  hmm  I'm not defending his stories or anything (because most of them aren't very good, no offense Animeboy), but still.

Last edited by banana500 (2012-09-30 12:45:15)

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#1128 2012-09-30 12:51:05

Animeboy975
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

I give you guys a present. Since its October tommorow, a new story of mine will be released every Friday.  big_smile

@banana: What about the one I wrote when I was in Michigan that you said was really good? (Chill Grill)

Both are really good.

Yeah, Chill Grill was the one I really liked. Though the name seriously reminded me of That's So Raven.  tongue

soupoftomato wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

Both are really good.

Aw come on, man, don't you think that was a little insulting?  hmm  I'm not defending his stories or anything (because most of them aren't very good, no offense Animeboy), but still.

I was not meaning, to insult anyone. I won't post here until Friday, with a new story  big_smile
I just wanted to point out my favorites i wrote.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#1129 2012-09-30 12:52:17

banana500
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

Both are really good.

soupoftomato wrote:

I was not meaning, to insult anyone. I won't post here until Friday, with a new story  big_smile

No, I was talking to Soup.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#1130 2012-09-30 13:01:38

samid11
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

Both are really good.

banana500 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

I was talking to Soup.

banana500 wrote:

talking to Soup.

banana500 wrote:

Soup.

I can't take that seriously. I know he's a user, but when someone says they're talking to soup, I break out into a mile-wide grin.

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#1131 2012-09-30 13:11:54

Animeboy975
Scratcher

Guys, stop the fight, i was stating a personal opinion.

Are there ANY good MC pasta?

#1132 2012-09-30 15:43:08

soupoftomato
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

Both are really good.

Dude, I write all the time. But I never really think what I've written is good without feedback. It's just like, sort of, stuck-up or egomaniacal to assume anyone else will like it.

I didn't mean, "Don't say that about stuff YOU WROTE" as in "Everything he writes sucks" but more "It comes off as rude when you say stuff like that"

Last edited by soupoftomato (2012-09-30 15:43:50)

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#1133 2012-09-30 15:58:05

BOBBYBOB3
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

banana500 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Dude, I write all the time. But I never really think what I've written is good without feedback. It's just like, sort of, stuck-up or egomaniacal to assume anyone else will like it.

I didn't mean, "Don't say that about stuff YOU WROTE" as in "Everything he writes sucks" but more "It comes off as rude when you say stuff like that"

that makes sense.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k219/jackdelamare/JPIV/JPIV-Userbar2.png after seven years of development fails I'm impatient... IT MUST COME

#1134 2012-09-30 17:21:40

samid11
Scratcher

...Flame war, much?

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#1135 2012-09-30 17:49:07

Animeboy975
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

banana500 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

I said they were my favorites of what I wrote. There's TONS of good stories here.

As sami said, end the flamewar.

HINT FOR MY NEW PASTA COMING 10/5:
Laughs from the backyard.....

#1136 2012-09-30 18:03:07

777w
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

...Flame war, much?

"flame war" is arguing on a much grander scale

#1137 2012-09-30 18:23:26

banana500
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

banana500 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Ah, okay. That clears things up, I guess. I must've seen it in a different way then.

All right, end the argument, and everyone start posting some gosh-darn stories!  tongue

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#1138 2012-10-03 13:58:51

opiegs
Scratcher

alldaykade28471 wrote:

GameHutSoftware wrote:

A guy died. The end.

Holy cow, dude. That is way to scary for the Scratch website. This is for kids. Now I'm gonna have nightmares forever, bro!

dude...that's not real creepy...,I'll show you real creepy...

I like cookies

PIEPIEPIE cool

#1139 2012-10-03 14:12:04

opiegs
Scratcher

777w wrote:

777w wrote:

first of all, im pretty sure if youre ignorant then youre the "grasshopper"
second, enderman is an enemy from the game "minecraft"
hes based on the popular character "slenderman"

Does he look like a minecraft version of slenderman

no he looks like this
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/thu … normal.png

yeah, well what does slenderman look like,...  huh, huuh!?!?!?!?!?

(I seriously don't know what slendermen looks like,..,
                               so please post a link.).

PIEPIEPIE cool

#1140 2012-10-03 16:02:35

777w
Scratcher

opiegs wrote:

777w wrote:

Does he look like a minecraft version of slenderman

no he looks like this
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/thu … normal.png

yeah, well what does slenderman look like,...  huh, huuh!?!?!?!?!?

(I seriously don't know what slendermen looks like,..,
                               so please post a link.).

just look up "slenderman"
by the way this is for discussing usermade stuff and slenderman wasnt invented by anybody here

#1141 2012-10-04 19:34:58

Lightseeker
Scratcher

777w wrote:

just look up "slenderman"
by the way this is for discussing usermade stuff and slenderman wasnt invented by anybody here

I believe it was made on the SomethingAwful forums...right?

EDIT: Sorry I really shouldn't keep derailing this topic.

Last edited by Lightseeker (2012-10-04 19:36:00)

dA: paragonGamer Skype: fallentheangel Tumblr: obligatoryeverything
"Haha! Friends! Who the HECK needs them?" ~Caught Like A Fly by Falling in Reverse

#1142 2012-10-04 20:11:19

Nodog438
Scratcher

Let's get back on topic, shall we?
I have one called "The Stickman". Sorry if it has some cliches...
I love to draw stickmen and stickwomen. They're pretty cool, but here I am, about to tell you my worst time with stickpeople...
A summer storm was going on, and I was in my room, just carelessy drawing stickpeople. I drew this one that looked a little bad. It had very crooked arms and legs.
But then...was that arm moving? I took a look closer. It really was. I wasn't imagining.
Then it muffled "no hope". Have I gone insane? Then it said "You, me..." What did he mean? I tried to ripped the paper, but no, it only hurt my fingers. I thought "That's weird. Every other time I rip the paper, it usually rips." I had no choice but to throw the paper out the window. I was curious. Would he ever come back?

"Try to learn how to be nice! look it up read the books watch the Sesame Street videos!"-jenngra505, a user on MFG who I feel sorry for

#1143 2012-10-04 21:13:54

weegeeissparta
Scratcher

Nodog438 wrote:

I love to draw stickmen and stickwomen. They're pretty cool, but here I am, about to tell you my worst time with stickpeople...
A summer storm was going on, and I was in my room, just carelessy drawing stickpeople. I drew this one that looked a little bad. It had very crooked arms and legs.
But then...was that arm moving? I took a look closer. It really was. I wasn't imagining.
Then it muffled "no hope". Have I gone insane? Then it said "You, me..." What did he mean? I tried to ripped the paper, but no, it only hurt my fingers. I thought "That's weird. Every other time I rip the paper, it usually rips." I had no choice but to throw the paper out the window. I was curious. Would he ever come back?

Meh. Kinda bad. Uses overused themes. But I can't do any better.
2/10
No offense.

"DAD, MOM HAS DEAD!" -Henry Freeman

#1144 2012-10-04 21:35:23

Nodog438
Scratcher

weegeeissparta wrote:

Nodog438 wrote:

2/10
No offense.

It should be at least 4/10. I mean, it doesn't have any "suddenly popped out of nowhere" stuff or "hyper realistic ____"  or "then he grew eyes" stuff.

"Try to learn how to be nice! look it up read the books watch the Sesame Street videos!"-jenngra505, a user on MFG who I feel sorry for

#1145 2012-10-04 21:37:00

Animeboy975
Scratcher

Nodog438 wrote:

That sadly wasn't very good.

But don't feel horrible. My first attempt was way worse than this.

#1146 2012-10-04 21:37:34

777w
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

Both are really good.

for future reference its better to say "im most proud of these" rather that "there are my favorite"

#1147 2012-10-04 22:10:09

banana500
Scratcher

Nodog438 wrote:

weegeeissparta wrote:

Nodog438 wrote:

2/10
No offense.

It should be at least 4/10. I mean, it doesn't have any "suddenly popped out of nowhere" stuff or "hyper realistic ____"  or "then he grew eyes" stuff.

No, I think that is is a 2/10. A story doesn't have to be cliched to be bad, you know. The plot was uninteresting, it lacked any real depth, and it was overall, well, bad. No offense, though. You could look at some real creepypastas for example, and maybe get some inspiration? You should try again next time.  smile

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#1148 2012-10-04 22:47:14

banana500
Scratcher

Here's an attempt at a horror story. Also, please note that this is my very first time trying a second-person narrative. Plus, this may seem a bit sacreligious to some people, and I don't mean to start a flame war or anything. So if you don't want to read it, well, don't read it. And please don't bug me with all these angry comments.

Anyways, here's the lovely story.

LOST SOULS

You open your eyes to find yourself in a dark, gray corridor. In front of you are many other people, standing in a straight single-file line leading to somewhere. You crane your neck to try and see where this line goes, but you can't.

A blinding fog permeates the corridor, slithering about the walls and your body. You feel the stench of the fog strangle and twist your throat, and your face contorts with disgust. You look at your hands to see that they are slowly beginning to turn into a sickly pale color. The skin begins to shrivel up, almost as if it were shrinking, until it is clinging on to nothing but your bones. You feel these effects coming upon your face as well.

The line moves relatively fast. You try to open your mouth to say something, but you can't make a sound. More people behind you begin to suddenly materialize from green dust. Their faces show expressions of fright, fear, and terror.

"Where am I?" you think to yourself. "How did I get here?" You can only recollect the faintest of memories. A loud, deafening screech. The sudden force of something ramming itself into your car. The explosive flames that burned and licked itself on your fragile, lifeless, blood-covered body.

Finally you find yourself at the front of this line. In front of you is a man standing behind a small desk. His facial features are gaunt and horribly pale, almost completely white. He has no eyelids, exposing almost all of his bloodshot eyeballs. His skin is stretched and pulled back behind him, as if it were tied by a knot at the back of his head. He has no lips, simply a horizontal slit for a mouth. He has only the tiniest strands of white hair sprouting from his wrinkled scalp.

And now you are able to speak.

"Where am I?" you say, with worry. "I don't think I belong here..."

The man behind the desk snickers His mouth begins to curl and stretch to form a toothless, crooked smile. "What makes you say that, son?" His voice is low and gravelly.

"All I can remember is...an explosion. My car, completely toppled over, to the side. I could see my blood almost everywhere."

"Ah, yes," the man chuckles. "Most newcomers can't exactly cope with the inevitable reality of..."

"Of what?" you interrupt.

"Of death."

It is now that you notice a portal appear behind the man. The portal is dark red, with scarlet lightning and smoke spitting out of it. Horrifying screams echo from within, making you cringe with terror.

"I'm...I'm...dead?"

The man simply continues to smile at you. Then he stands up and reached his bony hand towards you. He grabs your shoulder with an iron grip. "Come with me."

"No--no! Let go!" You try to break free, but the man's grip is too strong. He turns to the portal and drags you by the shoulder towards it. Finally he lets you go.

"What is this?" you ask helplessly. "Where are you taking me?"

The man's gaze turns to you. His red eyes seem as if they are burning into your soul. His never-ending grin stretched farther until it went all the way across his face, in a way that you'd never think was possible.

And then, with one swift shove, you fall back into the red portal. The smoke starts to wrap itself around you, keeping you tightly secured, pulling you in further until there is no chance of escape. The red clouds begin to expand, and the small hole that bridges the gap between the corridor and this horrible wormhole starts to shrink. You only hear one last thing from the man before you join the billions of lost souls in a place full of strife, of pain, of suffering...

"Welcome to Hell. Enjoy your stay."

Last edited by banana500 (2012-10-04 22:56:58)

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#1149 2012-10-04 22:48:40

777w
Scratcher

cant you just tell people not to read it
highlighting it is annoying :P

#1150 2012-10-04 22:55:44

banana500
Scratcher

777w wrote:

cant you just tell people not to read it
highlighting it is annoying  tongue

Aw fine.  tongue

People, if you don't wanna read it, then don't read it, kay?

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

Board footer