This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2012-09-30 11:34:39

ErnieParke
Scratcher

.:; Idea Shop ;:.

Code:

•———•  |——\  |———     /\          
   • •     |    |   | |___    /  \     • •
           |    |   | |      /––––\           
 • • •   •———•  |——/  |———  /      \   • • •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/——•  |   |  /~~~\  |---\
    • •   \__   |___|  |   |  |___/   • •
             \  |   |  |   |  |
  • • •   •__/  |   |  \___/  |       • • •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Navigation:

The Idea Collection

Become a Member | Member's List | Survey | Past Announcements

Announcement:

Welcome dracae to the Idea Shop!
May 4

How this started:

I was thinking one day how there were signature shops, script shops and a few other types of shops on Scratch, and how there wasn't a very good idea shop, so I decided to make one! lizzyhippo is the scratcher who gave me the idea for this idea shop, so thanks to lizzyhippo!

Basically, this is an idea shop where you can request ideas for a game or browse through previous ideas to find the perfect one for you! Just fill out this form and I'll be giving you ideas as soon as possible:

Order form:

# of ideas: 1-6
Ideas on: (ex. A new game, improving a game, names, ect..)
Description:
Anything else:

Completed Orders:

Previous Orders

TheScratch3 (3)
fillergames (5)
Programmer_112 (3)
cool_dude_2 (1)
fetchydog567 (2)
CopperHawk (6)
uglysquidward (2)
levinh (4)
Jetpower (3)
ntpockets (6)
Firedrake969 (4)
ThePancakeMan (5)
Auto007 (8)
HardcoreCoder (6)
Firedrake969(7)
MEOWCAT34 (5)
Snakeyem12 (3)
* TheScratch3 (21)
iaoumeur (6)
jamiewinter (5)
funnymee (4)
humhumgames (4)
coinman (3)
limes336 (4)
TheScratch3 (9)
Waffle27 (7)
ThePancakeMan (3)
firedrake969_test (4)
Gagamonster105 (3)
Maltese_Falcon (9)
qwerts9000 (10)
EdgeGamer (7)
jkl0l (5)
firedrake969_test (9)
sammyuri (4)
Jigsaw79 (4)
Scratch12300 (2)

Total ideas given:
362!
10^2 + 7^2 + 213!
(((2^2 + 2^3)^2) * (i^2 + (i^4)*3)) + (1^0)*77!

+ means that part of an order is still being worked on.

So if you need ideas, ask for them! I will give you ideas at the latest of the same time of the next day, unless I tell you otherwise. If you didn't get what you wanted, say what you didn't like, ask again and I will revise my ideas. Also, if you're using an idea that I suggested to someone else, please make sure that they aren't using it before actually using it yourself.  wink

Anyway, credit for ideas is appreciated.

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-05-04 12:52:48)

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#2 2012-10-01 04:29:01

Gravitation
New Scratcher

Re: .:; Idea Shop ;:.

# of ideas: 2
Anything specific: An adventure puzzle, heavy on graphics but very little or no art
How specific do you want the ideas: Somewhat Detailed
Anything else: I'll give credit for the idea in the project notes.   smile

#3 2012-10-01 06:36:37

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Gravitation wrote:

Anything specific: An adventure puzzle, heavy on graphics but very little or no art

I'm getting ready for school and I still need to think of 1 idea, so your order will be done after 8 ~ 9 hours.

#4 2012-10-01 06:40:59

Gravitation
New Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Gravitation wrote:

I'm getting ready for school and I still need to think of 1 idea, so your order will be done after 8 ~ 9 hours.

No prob! Can you post the one you already have, please?

(grr 180 second rule)

#5 2012-10-01 06:50:44

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Gravitation wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Gravitation wrote:

(grr 180 second rule)

Here it is:

1). An adventure puzzle game where you raid temples for money (or treasure). Each temple has a treasure, which is your main goal, and coins can be picked up along the way. The puzzle part of this comes in when you discover that you can reverse gravity, and (optional) that there are boxes, which you can push, and buttons, which you can press, that you need to work with.

Last edited by ErnieParke (2012-10-01 06:54:29)

#6 2012-10-01 06:53:05

Gravitation
New Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Gravitation wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

(grr 180 second rule)

Here it is:

1). An adventure puzzle game where you raid jungle temples for money. Each temple has a treasure, which is your main goal, and coins can be picked up along the way. The puzzle part of this comes in when you discover that you can reverse gravity, and (optional) that there are boxes, which you can push, and buttons, which you can press, that you need to work with.

Thanks, Ernie!  big_smile

#7 2012-10-01 06:55:36

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Gravitation wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Gravitation wrote:

(grr 180 second rule)

Here it is:

1). An adventure puzzle game where you raid jungle temples for money. Each temple has a treasure, which is your main goal, and coins can be picked up along the way. The puzzle part of this comes in when you discover that you can reverse gravity, and (optional) that there are boxes, which you can push, and buttons, which you can press, that you need to work with.

Your welcome! Also, do you still want to see the second idea or are you good?

Last edited by ErnieParke (2012-10-01 06:59:29)

#8 2012-10-01 07:08:20

Gravitation
New Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Gravitation wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Here it is:

I'm still wanting the second one, even more than before now that I know your ideas are so epic!  big_smile

#9 2012-10-01 16:02:41

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Gravitation wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Gravitation wrote:

I'm still wanting the second one, even more than before now that I know your ideas are so epic!  big_smile

Are you familiar with Greek Mythology? Then here is my next idea:

2).
Story:
You always heard of how Hercules entered the underworld and you want to do that yourself, and you succeed, though once in the underworld, Hades take your body and rips it in half; your solid body and your soul. While on his way back to his throne, Hades accidentally drops you and your now all alone. From there, you have to help yourself and try to get out of the underworld against Hades will.

Gameplay:
This is a platformer where you get to switch between your two halfs. Each half has special abilities. For example, your soul doesn't fall as fast as your solid body and it can get past ghost sentries. Your solid body can destroy some blocks and move them as well. As you try to get out of the underworld, you'll collect crystals of various sizes that, if most are collected, can be used to get you out of the underworld, but if you don't have enough crystals, Hades will recapture you and you will spend an eternal life in pain. Or if you want an alternate ending, the crystals are just for score and you only have to beat every level to escape the underworld.

Last edited by ErnieParke (2012-10-01 16:07:49)

#10 2012-10-02 02:38:15

Gravitation
New Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Gravitation wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

2).
Story:
You always heard of how Hercules entered the underworld and you want to do that yourself, and you succeed, though once in the underworld, Hades take your body and rips it in half; your solid body and your soul. While on his way back to his throne, Hades accidentally drops you and your now all alone. From there, you have to help yourself and try to get out of the underworld against Hades will.

Gameplay:
This is a platformer where you get to switch between your two halfs. Each half has special abilities. For example, your soul doesn't fall as fast as your solid body and it can get past ghost sentries. Your solid body can destroy some blocks and move them as well. As you try to get out of the underworld, you'll collect crystals of various sizes that, if most are collected, can be used to get you out of the underworld, but if you don't have enough crystals, Hades will recapture you and you will spend an eternal life in pain. Or if you want an alternate ending, the crystals are just for score and you only have to beat every level to escape the underworld.

Epic!  big_smile  I'm gonna use the second one.  big_smile

#11 2012-10-02 06:02:55

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Gravitation wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Gravitation wrote:

2).
Story:

Gameplay:

Epic!  big_smile  I'm gonna use the second one.  big_smile

Good luck!  big_smile

#12 2012-10-02 15:25:47

lizzyhippo
Scratcher

Thank you for the credit!!!  How did I give you the idea?

http://i50.tinypic.com/ofvtpy.png

#13 2012-10-02 16:13:17

ErnieParke
Scratcher

lizzyhippo wrote:

Thank you for the credit!!!  How did I give you the idea?

Your welcome. Anyway, you gave me the idea for this idea shop when, earlier, I gave you some ideas, and you had said that you really liked them, and I thought, "Why not open an idea shop?"

Last edited by ErnieParke (2012-10-02 16:16:58)

#14 2012-10-06 11:36:16

TheSupremeOverLord
Scratcher

hi!

# of ideas: 3-4
Game type(s): RPG, Adventrue, Scrolling, OS, or anyother simmilar type game.
How specific do you want the ideas: What ever in convenient for you!
Anything else:

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p522/lizzyhipo/MINIPIG.jpg

#15 2012-10-06 12:22:20

ErnieParke
Scratcher

TheSupremeOverLord wrote:

hi!

Anything else:

Hi!

Here are my ideas for you:

3). A game about you being the last person on Earth. Basically, after the power runs out, you wake up from inside a sleeping chamber, and you walk out to find the world devistated. You then wander around sadly when you realize that earlier, you had passed the blueprints for a time machine. From here, you collect pieces and solve puzzles to try and build the time machine. Once your done, either:
a). It blows up and you spend the rest of your life in misery.
b). You go back in time and your able to stop the destruction of the Earth.

4). Supreme OS
Remember to have web browsing!

5). A scrolling x any y mario kart game.
Don't forget the fireballs and the power ups!

6). An RPG where you mysteriously appear in an almost abondened city. At first, your goal is to figure out where you are and to try and get home, but once you hear of what's happened, you try to help.

I hope that you like my ideas!

Last edited by ErnieParke (2012-10-06 12:26:01)

#16 2012-10-06 13:18:49

TheSupremeOverLord
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

hi!

Anything else:

Hi!

3). A game about you being the last person on Earth. Basically, after the power runs out, you wake up from inside a sleeping chamber, and you walk out to find the world devistated. You then wander around sadly when you realize that earlier, you had passed the blueprints for a time machine. From here, you collect pieces and solve puzzles to try and build the time machine. Once your done, either:

4). Supreme OS

6). An RPG where you mysteriously appear in an almost abondened city. At first, your goal is to figure out where you are and to try and get home, but once you hear of what's happened, you try to help.

I ALWAYS love your ideas!  Thank you you rock!

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p522/lizzyhipo/MINIPIG.jpg

#17 2012-10-06 13:56:23

ErnieParke
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

hi!

Anything else:

Hi!

4). Supreme OS

I ALWAYS love your ideas!  Thank you you rock!

Your welcome!

#18 2012-10-09 08:41:15

Ideas
Scratcher

Can you give me +-10 ideas on platforms that dont
explode
fade
turn
sea saw
superjump
move
or
allow you to climb
Thanx in advance...

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2010/screenshot20121110at132.pngI think that you must CLICK above

#19 2012-10-09 15:12:53

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Ideas wrote:

Can you give me +-10 ideas on platforms that dont
explode
fade
turn
sea saw
superjump
move
or
allow you to climb
Thanx in advance...

Here are my ideas:

1). A key platform and a door platform. You need to land collect a key from a key platform before landing on a door platform or else you'll fall through.

2). A rock platform. After it is jumped on a second time, it breaks.

3). A lava platform that hurts you if you land on it.

4). An upgrade platform. Depending on the power-up floating over it, it will give you a special power. There should also be downgrades that slow you down, make your jump smaller, ect..

5). Double laser platforms. Basically, two platform are parallel to each other and every few seconds, a laser appears between them.

6). A coin platform. This is a platform with a coin over it which you can collect for score.

7). A transparent platform. This platform is transparent, so it should be hard to see at times.

8). A reverse bounce platform. If you land on this platform, you get bounced down.

9). A ghost platform. As soon as it is landed on, it starts to disappear and when it does disappear, it reappears somewhere else on the screen.

10). Teleporter platforms. These platforms appear in pairs and when you land on one, you get teleported to the other and visa versa.

#20 2012-10-12 20:32:49

awesomeness321
Scratcher

Ideas for a character:
# of Ideas: 3
Person #1 Personality: Evil, stupid
Anything else: It is red and purple. And, as stated above, evil and stupid. It is a triangle with a black square that always follows him (names for that too if you can. He is smarter than the triangle, but not very smart, and isn't quite as mean as the triangle, but still evil.).

My newest project:http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=awesomeness321&action=projects&type=newest&return=image&num=1Color:#30F9A5 I am currently http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=awesomeness321&action=onlineStatus&type=text

#21 2012-10-12 21:52:52

ErnieParke
Scratcher

awesomeness321 wrote:

Ideas for a character:
Anything else: It is red and purple. And, as stated above, evil and stupid. It is a triangle with a black square that always follows him (names for that too if you can. He is smarter than the triangle, but not very smart, and isn't quite as mean as the triangle, but still evil.).

I'm about to go to sleep, so I'll get your order in sometime tomorrow. Other than that, your characters seem very interesting.

#22 2012-10-13 07:24:27

Ideas
Scratcher

Thanx
i already have 10 amd the key thing in my scroller

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2010/screenshot20121110at132.pngI think that you must CLICK above

#23 2012-10-13 09:40:39

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Ideas wrote:

Thanx
i already have 10 amd the key thing in my scroller

Your welcome!

#24 2012-10-13 12:40:52

ErnieParke
Scratcher

awesomeness321 wrote:

Ideas for a character:

Here are my ideas for the triangle:

1). Tringly (Tree-ing-ly or Treeing-ly)
2). Marcus (Mark-us)
3). Daltus (Dall-tus)

And here are my ideas for the square:

1). Squally (Squall-ly)
2). Hamly (Ham-ly)
3). Sparx (Spar-xs)

I hope that you like the names!

#25 2012-10-13 20:56:55

awesomeness321
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

awesomeness321 wrote:

Ideas for a character:

Here are my ideas for the triangle:

1). Tringly (Tree-ing-ly or Treeing-ly)
2). Marcus (Mark-us)
3). Daltus (Dall-tus)

And here are my ideas for the square:

1). Squally (Squall-ly)
2). Hamly (Ham-ly)
3). Sparx (Spar-xs)

I hope that you like the names!

Thanks! I'll make sure to use them!

My newest project:http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=awesomeness321&action=projects&type=newest&return=image&num=1Color:#30F9A5 I am currently http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=awesomeness321&action=onlineStatus&type=text

Board footer