This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5226 2012-09-11 12:11:27

robo99bot
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

This is my reason to be a curator.I love scratch and i use the combinations a lot but in my use i have found types of scripts that i think me and other people may want in scratch but because there only being one project that says that if i become a curator i will use that one and two other projects that help me make my projects and i hope will inspire new people so i will use those two too.

good luck to other scratchers from Robo99bot👾

P.S. i love your work on scratch and i cant wait for your next version but can the one project  about multiplayer blocks be in the next version please!

does the curator thing pick three random ones or does it let you pick

thank you for reading this

Last edited by robo99bot (2012-10-04 14:04:28)

i am: 👍 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| shop: 👍
http://www.iconfessimageek.com/pictures/animation.gif

#5227 2012-09-11 14:33:32

ProgrammingPro01
Scratcher

Hello.

I would love to volunteer to be a Scratch Curator. I love Scratch, and also the nice community. I would pick projects that deserve the views, and also ones that look like the poster of the project has put time and effort into it. I tend to have a good sense of projects that deserve and not deserve to be curated.

I would give others a chance to shine, others a chance to show their creativity and their skill. I will pick projects that have not had their chance to do that, thus not picking projects already placed on the front page. Please consider me, if you do, I will not let you down and do a good job as a curator.

Sincerely,
ProgrammingPro01

Bye 1.4!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sobbing.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#5228 2012-09-11 17:00:06

Ultimatechip
New Scratcher

'http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Hammerhead301/2628022 Here is a link to one of my ideas for front page. Could I be a curator?

#5229 2012-09-11 17:15:24

MarioGuy134
Scratcher

Is it possible to be a curator twice?

Also I would like to be a curator.

#5230 2012-09-11 17:42:53

joletole
Scratcher

MarioGuy134 wrote:

Is it possible to be a curator twice?

Also I would like to be a curator.

Wiki knows all

Last edited by joletole (2012-09-11 17:43:01)

#5231 2012-09-11 21:17:24

ethanlipka
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator if possible. I l=mostly make games. I am not a very good scratcher, because of my rather weak programming skills. I try to get better though. I hope you'll consider me.

#5232 2012-09-11 23:25:58

qwerts9000
Scratcher

I would love to be curator. I will not only curate unpopular projects, but projects that WERE a little popular but not anymore. Im talking about projects that have 517 views, and 1 year later 518 views YAAAAAAAAAAAY... Anyways, I like funny stuff, so i'll curate funny animation. On my "wanna be curated?" project, I will have the Curated scratchers in the spotlight, as in I will put a link to thier main userpage.

By the way, I am the user "NOBODY_"  :

#5233 2012-09-12 00:18:53

Dragonzfang
Scratcher

KrIsMa wrote:

Above wow that must of taken you long  smile  !

Hello, I am KrIsMa and I would love to become a curator soon

I believe that curators should never judge projects by only their opinion, say they like pokemon and only curate pokemon. I believe to try my best to pick different projects that are very well constructed but also projects that were good but left in the dark. These projects never got more than 10 views and will never get more. If the project is good, I will curate it to make him happy and not sad on why his project never had many views.
I will also never curate only things from my friends, only things I like, and never ever curate my own projects  smile  I will always let projects have an opportunity to see the light and to make the project creator happy! Thank you for reading this, see you soon!

Yeah  smile

#5234 2012-09-13 15:19:16

quinnieroo
Scratcher

Hey! im quinnieroo. I kinda wanna be a curator. Im very helpful and i know how to make various types of scratch projects and i really think i'd be a great addition to the scratch team. Thx!

#5235 2012-09-13 15:25:20

UltraAdam
Scratcher

UltraAdam wrote:

Dear Scratch Team

I would love to be a curator because I love seeing projects that don't get noticed get top loved, E.G When Cyber Ninja got curated, I felt so happy because Andymcgamer tried so hard to be front paged and he managed it!  big_smile  I see amazing projects everyday, like Cyber ninja were the creator worked massively hard on it and It just doesn't get noticed, I HATE THAT!!!! Anyways I'm really into Games and creative story's, I really love seeing people get loads of love its! Here are some projects I would curate! I would only Curate Projects with below 10 love its or 70 views and I promise that, I'm always checking "Newest Projects for interesting looking games! I would curate 1 project a day. I won't curate my friends games!

I hope you please take what I have said into account and give me the honor of making Scratch a awesome place for every one!

Yours sincerely
Ultraadam

http://i.imgur.com/oRiUo.gif

#5236 2012-09-13 18:52:27

Firedrake969
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

Greetings Scratch Team:

I would like to apply for curator.  I have already applied, but I'd like to apply again.  I have been working with Scratch for years now, and I'd now like to apply for curator.
     First, the projects.  On the front page, especially in the Top Remixed section, I see OK-quality projects.  Then, while browsing the forums, I see users with good projects, but they only have a few views!  Those users generally don't advertise on the forums, but their projects deserve views, unlike some others that sometimes get to the front page.  I will, however, do every effort to put projects on the front page that have less than 50 views.

Second, the project types.  As with the projects themselves, I will only put unique projects.  Traditional projects, such as platformers, coloring contests, art dumps, and AMVs.  I would curate the new, unique projects out there.  However, I would take all requests, and if there were a simply amazing project, I would curate it, providing it had minimal views.

If I become curator, thank you.  If not, thank you still.  I love Scratch and want it to continually grow.  Harvard already uses it in its computer science course.  Who knows, one day Scratch may be the worldwide programming language for children!

Thank you for your time in reading my letter.  I am hopeful, and am excited for this opportunity.  Thank you again for your time.

Sincerely,
Firedrake969

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#5237 2012-09-15 05:29:42

chongyian
Scratcher

I do not really like long speeches, but this is  what i have to say.
If I become a curator, I will:
-Curate new and unknown projects that has a sufficient amount of quality to make it known to other Scratchers to give it more views, making the Scratcher more inspired to make even better and greater projects.
-Not curate the projects with a lot of views and love its as they are already quite well known and the curating space should be left for the projects that are lesser viewed.

Also I will only curate the projects that do not violate any of the Scratch rules.
I hope you will consider my application to become a curator.

Lastly, thank you my beloved Scratch Team for making Scratch a safe place for all of us to imagine.program.share!

#5238 2012-09-15 08:42:16

SuperKirbylover
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator, but I'm only 10. If I get picked, thanks. c: I just want to let you know, I view many unviewed ( Not many views) projects. c:

http://i44.tinypic.com/5khao8.png http://i40.tinypic.com/5zmog.gif <- Sasafier.  tongue

#5239 2012-09-15 10:05:13

henley
Scratcher

No, I'm not applying for curator. I could never do that, but please hear me out on this:

Some of the conflict with the current curator has me worried. While it is true, that the curator has chosen at least one simple art project, with a distinct promise to curate projects with good scripting... And curated two projects that have already been on the front page, and projects with too many views or love-its to be curated or featured... People seem to be bullying her for this. I understand the logic behind it, but there's no reason to be so fierce. I'd be surprised to hear that she isn't flagging some of the comments that come her way. I hope that something is done about this. Even though she hasn't been very keen on picking the best projects that she can, a lot of people don't seem to realize that being curator IS a lot of work, and it's hard to find unique, good, not-famous projects, so she simply goes to the best projects she can find, which makes sense, even if the project has already been famous... It's better than not curating anything, I suppose.

TL;DR:
The current curator is getting bullied because she isn't choosing projects that are really worthy of being curated, as they are either against the terms she posted when she applied, already been frontpage'd, or have too many views/love-it's to be curated, and this needs to stop.

Last edited by henley (2012-09-16 11:09:18)

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#5240 2012-09-15 10:09:03

Firedrake969
Scratcher

henley wrote:

No, I'm not applying for curator. I could never do that, but please hear me out on this:

Some of the conflict with the current curator has me worried. While it is true, that [name removed - please don't discuss individuals on the forums] has chosen at least one simple art project, with a distinct promise to curate projects with good scripting... And curated two projects that have already been on the front page, and projects with too many views or love-its to be curated or featured... People seem to be bullying [name removed - please don't discuss individuals on the forums] for this. I understand the logic behind it, but there's no reason to be so fierce. I'd be surprised to hear that she isn't flagging some of the comments that come her way. I hope that something is done about this. Even though [name removed - please don't discuss individuals on the forums] hasn't been very keen on picking the best projects that she can, a lot of people don't seem to realize that being curator IS a lot of work, and it's hard to find unique, good, not-famous projects, so she simply goes to the best projects she can find, which makes sense, even if the project has already been famous... It's better than not curating anything, I suppose.

TL;DR:
[name removed - please don't discuss individuals on the forums] , the current curator, is getting bullied because she isn't choosing projects that are really worthy of being curated, as they are either against the terms she posted when she applied, already been frontpage'd, or have too many views/love-it's to be curated, and this needs to stop.

But then again, to be a curator, you can't just have a nice, pretty speech with sugar on top.  You need to do what you said.  [name removed - please don't discuss individuals on the forums] isn't.

Last edited by Paddle2See (2012-09-15 11:53:22)

Click the sign.

#5241 2012-09-15 10:16:51

henley
Scratcher

You're right, she's violating most of the rules she said she would go by, but there's never a good reason to bully anyone.

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#5242 2012-09-15 10:29:39

Firedrake969
Scratcher

henley wrote:

You're right, she's violating most of the rules she said she would go by, but there's never a good reason to bully anyone.

I'm not.  I'm just super annoyed that you're allowed to violate the rules once you're elected.  In real elections, if that happens, the elected party is removed from the seat.

Click the sign.

#5243 2012-09-15 11:36:21

henley
Scratcher

The point isn't that you are bullying her, the point is that others are.

#5244 2012-09-15 11:46:25

Firedrake969
Scratcher

henley wrote:

That may be true.  Then again, she hasn't had a good choice of curated projects.  I am strongly against that.

Click the sign.

#5245 2012-09-15 12:05:46

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

Firedrake969 wrote:

henley wrote:

That may be true.  Then again, she hasn't had a good choice of curated projects.  I am strongly against that.

A couple of things here:

1. It is never okay to be rude or disrespectful to other people on Scratch.  For any reason.  If you have a problem with somebody that you can't resolve politely and in a friendly way, then use the Contact Us form to get the Scratch Team involved.

2. There really are very few hard and fast rules about what projects can be curated.  We don't want to see your own projects curated - or projects curated because somebody paid you in some way - or projects that aren't appropriate for all Scratchers.  But beyond that it's really up to the Curator to pick what they want.  They don't have to meet somebody else's standard of what is "worthy".

3. I think a lot of folks just need to chill out a bit.  Our goal with the Curator is to showcase the diversity of people that use Scratch and give others a chance to share things they like.  Enjoy the projects that you like, skip over the ones that you don't.  It's only for a limited period of time and then there will be a different set of favorites being show, which you may like more - or less! 

Now, please let this thread get back to it's job of taking applications  smile

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#5246 2012-09-15 13:19:56

Firedrake969
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

henley wrote:

A couple of things here:

1. It is never okay to be rude or disrespectful to other people on Scratch.  For any reason.  If you have a problem with somebody that you can't resolve politely and in a friendly way, then use the Contact Us form to get the Scratch Team involved.

2. There really are very few hard and fast rules about what projects can be curated.  We don't want to see your own projects curated - or projects curated because somebody paid you in some way - or projects that aren't appropriate for all Scratchers.  But beyond that it's really up to the Curator to pick what they want.  They don't have to meet somebody else's standard of what is "worthy".

3. I think a lot of folks just need to chill out a bit.  Our goal with the Curator is to showcase the diversity of people that use Scratch and give others a chance to share things they like.  Enjoy the projects that you like, skip over the ones that you don't.  It's only for a limited period of time and then there will be a different set of favorites being show, which you may like more - or less! 

Now, please let this thread get back to it's job of taking applications  smile

Ok sorry.

Click the sign.

#5247 2012-09-16 20:16:16

MarioGuy134
Scratcher

I really really really REALLY want to be a curator.

#5248 2012-09-17 09:09:42

joletole
Scratcher

Hi -  So I am running for curator.

There, I said it!

But for real, I would curate projects that truly stand out to me. Also, a long time ago, I did this project of the week thing, and even though a couple people saw the projects that I chose, those people liked the projects I chose.

I would curate projects that have less then 50 views, and ten love its. Art projects, and games really stand out to me. But of course, I would chose any other type of project.

Instead of me choosing the projects, I will let everyone else get a say on what project should be curated. So I don't upset anyone.

Well, okay. Hope you choose me.

Peace!

#5249 2012-09-19 07:32:29

MarioGuy134
Scratcher

@LuigiGuy134:
WHO ARE JUU?! AN IMPOSTER? OR A FAN OF MEE? WELL I WANNA KNOW!!!

#5250 2012-09-19 10:23:21

ProgrammingFreak
Scratcher

Congratulations, stevetheipad!  big_smile
I hope you have a fun experience as curator. :3

Board footer