This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2012-09-03 07:04:35

GamingFez
Scratcher

Re: Scratch Gamer Magazine-Now Hiring

Here's my article.

What do you do when your sister gets captured by an evil witch? You go on an adventure to save her of course!
Banjo kazooie for the nintendo 64 is a 3D adventure platformer game. Even though it came out 14 years ago, this game is still a gem. The aim of the game is to guide our heroes, Banjo the bear and Kazooie the bird, through the various worlds, completing tasks and obstacle courses for golden puzzle pieces called jiggies, to the unltimate task of freeing Banjo's sister Tooty from the evil witch Gruntilda, who wants to drain the cuteness from her to become the most beautiful person in the world. You can use the jiggies you collect to unlock more worlds to find more jiggies or learn new abilities! This game has so many abilities that do different things, but not all of them are used too often.
The characters are all original with nice personalities, the dialogues are funny and clever, and during the course of the game you actually establish an actual love/hatred connection with Gruntilda, which really pumps you up for the epic final showdown.
Overall this is a very fun game and I enjoyed playing it. My vote is 9.5 top hats out of 10.

big_smile

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/zizou98/16e.gif Professional slenderman.

#27 2012-09-03 07:25:07

stor
Scratcher

GamingFez wrote:

Here's my article.

What do you do when your sister gets captured by an evil witch? You go on an adventure to save her of course!
Banjo kazooie for the nintendo 64 is a 3D adventure platformer game. Even though it came out 14 years ago, this game is still a gem. The aim of the game is to guide our heroes, Banjo the bear and Kazooie the bird, through the various worlds, completing tasks and obstacle courses for golden puzzle pieces called jiggies, to the unltimate task of freeing Banjo's sister Tooty from the evil witch Gruntilda, who wants to drain the cuteness from her to become the most beautiful person in the world. You can use the jiggies you collect to unlock more worlds to find more jiggies or learn new abilities! This game has so many abilities that do different things, but not all of them are used too often.
The characters are all original with nice personalities, the dialogues are funny and clever, and during the course of the game you actually establish an actual love/hatred connection with Gruntilda, which really pumps you up for the epic final showdown.
Overall this is a very fun game and I enjoyed playing it. My vote is 9.5 top hats out of 10.

big_smile

Love it, banjo is going to be the main review of this issue!

http://i49.tinypic.com/symb8z.jpg

#28 2012-09-03 08:30:19

sportsdude6
Scratcher

Name:sportsdude6
What position do you want:writer and advertiser
What area of gaming do you specilise in (e.g. retro gaming):sports games
How active are you: 9.5/10
What Gaming consoles do you own:DS,Wii,iPad

#29 2012-09-03 08:48:08

stor
Scratcher

sportsdude6 wrote:

Name:sportsdude6
What position do you want:writer and advertiser
What area of gaming do you specilise in (e.g. retro gaming):sports games
How active are you: 9.5/10
What Gaming consoles do you own:DS,Wii,iPad

Your in, can you think of an article yourself? I'm gathering all reviews and articles whenever you've made them!

#30 2012-09-03 09:04:06

GamingFez
Scratcher

Oh, if iDevices count as platforms I also own an iphone and sometimes i use my mom's ipad  smile

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/zizou98/16e.gif Professional slenderman.

#31 2012-09-03 09:19:06

stor
Scratcher

GamingFez wrote:

Oh, if iDevices count as platforms I also own an iphone and sometimes i use my mom's ipad  smile

Cool, but I'm not sure about app reviews, I've made the front cover and turned your article into a magsine review, I'm going to do a nintendo 64 console review myself, so I might be gone a while.

#32 2012-09-03 09:46:24

maxdoss
Scratcher

stor wrote:

maxdoss wrote:

Name: duh
What position do you want: Reviewer
What area of gaming do you specilise in (e.g. retro gaming): Modern Gaming
How active are you: 9/10
What Gaming consoles do you own: Any 5th Generation console or higher Nintendo console, XBox 360, and I can get some SNES, NES, and Genesis game's off Wii Shop Channel.

If you can get a game off the WII shop channel, could you get Castlevania 3 dracula's curse on NES, if you do a review on that it would fit in with the theme this issue, if not any Metroid game will do.

I"ll do Super Metroid.

It's my birthday. Deal with it.

#33 2012-09-03 09:50:42

Anarcial
Scratcher

Is it possible to join ?
Name : Anarcial
Position : Writer
Area of Gaming : Modern Gaming (I just have the ROM for the retro gaming)
Active : Like 3 or 4 in a week
Gaming console : Xbx 360, 3DS, PSP, DS, and my Computer (which can run all the new games ^^)

And I can test pratically all the new games for Xbox 360 because my father is wholesaler in video games...
So am I in ?

#34 2012-09-03 10:02:24

stor
Scratcher

maxdoss wrote:

stor wrote:

maxdoss wrote:

Name: duh
What position do you want: Reviewer
What area of gaming do you specilise in (e.g. retro gaming): Modern Gaming
How active are you: 9/10
What Gaming consoles do you own: Any 5th Generation console or higher Nintendo console, XBox 360, and I can get some SNES, NES, and Genesis game's off Wii Shop Channel.

If you can get a game off the WII shop channel, could you get Castlevania 3 dracula's curse on NES, if you do a review on that it would fit in with the theme this issue, if not any Metroid game will do.

I"ll do Super Metroid.

Nice, my favourate game of all time, I'm going to put that in issue 2 if you don't mind.

#35 2012-09-03 10:04:17

stor
Scratcher

Anarcial wrote:

Is it possible to join ?
Name : Anarcial
Position : Writer
Area of Gaming : Modern Gaming (I just have the ROM for the retro gaming)
Active : Like 3 or 4 in a week
Gaming console : Xbx 360, 3DS, PSP, DS, and my Computer (which can run all the new games ^^)

And I can test pratically all the new games for Xbox 360 because my father is wholesaler in video games...
So am I in ?

Of course you can join, can you do an article about a new game, you know one that was just released this year, thanks.

#36 2012-09-03 10:11:07

stor
Scratcher

Progress on issue 1:

Front Cover

Banjo Kazooie Review (two page)

Nintendo 64 Review (two page)

Still needs to be done for issue 1:

Castlevania History (stor)

sportsdude6 article

New game article (Anarcial)

Review (FireDrake969)

Thank You

#37 2012-09-03 13:46:21

maxdoss
Scratcher

stor wrote:

maxdoss wrote:

stor wrote:

I"ll do Super Metroid.

Nice, my favourate game of all time, I'm going to put that in issue 2 if you don't mind.

No problem.

It's my birthday. Deal with it.

#38 2012-09-03 14:02:39

Anarcial
Scratcher

Well I can make Rage or The darkness 2 for Computer or Darksiders 2 and Spec OPS The line for Xbox 360... I think Ill do Rage and then Darksiders 2 ^^

#39 2012-09-03 14:05:21

catlady186
Scratcher

stor wrote:

catlady186 wrote:

Name: catlady186
What position do you want: Writer
What area of gaming do you specilise in (e.g retro gaming): RPG
How active are you: 8/10
What gaming consoles do you own: Wii, 3DS, PS3, XBox360

Your in, since you like RPG's can you write about your faveourte RPG? It shouldn't be a review, more looking at the fun times you've had with it.

Well, I used to play on a harry potter RPG server on Minecraft, so I could write about that. Or did you mean more generalized, and not so much a specific server, but the genre itself?

#40 2012-09-04 02:46:32

stor
Scratcher

Anarcial wrote:

Well I can make Rage or The darkness 2 for Computer or Darksiders 2 and Spec OPS The line for Xbox 360... I think Ill do Rage and then Darksiders 2 ^^

I only need one for issue one, but if you get both done you're fine for issue two.

#41 2012-09-04 02:49:18

stor
Scratcher

Updated to do:

Castlevania History (stor)

sportsdude6 article

Rage (PC) (Anarcial)

Review (FireDrake969)

Harry Potter RPG Server (catlady186)

Thank You

#42 2012-09-04 11:12:37

stor
Scratcher

I'm setting a deadline, all must be completed on sunday, we need to get this off the ground, so far we only have the front cover and four pages complete! Thanks.

#43 2012-09-04 12:08:21

Anarcial
Scratcher

I ll do my best for Sunday !

#44 2012-09-04 12:33:37

stor
Scratcher

Anarcial wrote:

I ll do my best for Sunday !

Thanks!

#45 2012-09-04 13:04:58

Anarcial
Scratcher

Well here it is ! But just, tell me for the length of the article : too long or toodhort, or good ^^

Do you feel angry when you see all those new FPS without imagination ?
That was my feeling before playing to RAGE !
RAGE is more or less a Borderland-ike : take off the RPG aspects and add a lot of funny mini-games and a larger world !
RAGE takes place in a post-apocalyptic vision of the earth after an asteroid crash on it... but luckily, humans succeed t escape on spaceships before it crashes ^^
So it's in the skin of one of this humans, coming back from his really long sleep that he wakes up and discover the new face of the world, and you with him !
Graphically the game is really beautiful, despite one of two backgrounds or textures made quickly...
The principal gameplay of the game is simple : accept missions coming from the habitants, go out of the city with you car, kill enemies, complete the mission, come back to the city, finish he mission ! So this game seems a bit repetitive, and that would be true if the artistic direction have made a unique place for the game, and if there weren't all the mini-games that complete RAGE :there are races with many vehicles, there's a card-game, a music-game, a shooting-game, the search of parts that will help you to create objects which will help you in levels, and a lot of things that I forgot ^^
The only real "bad point" (which in fact is not really a "bad" one),is that the main history isn't really developed, so you have many secondary missions, but I think they didn't enough focused on the main one.... but it's not TOO disturbing for the game experience...

So RAGE is really a good GOOD game, which will change you from all the war games that developers released now ^^ And even more if you have a computer that can make run it, just for graphics !!

#46 2012-09-04 16:48:31

GamingFez
Scratcher

stor wrote:

Progress on issue 1:

Front Cover

words

Thank You

Cool story bro

Also for the rage review, it doesnt have an actual verdict  tongue

Last edited by GamingFez (2012-09-04 16:50:19)

#47 2012-09-05 02:47:54

stor
Scratcher

Anarcial wrote:

Well here it is ! But just, tell me for the length of the article : too long or toodhort, or good ^^

Do you feel angry when you see all those new FPS without imagination ?
That was my feeling before playing to RAGE !
RAGE is more or less a Borderland-ike : take off the RPG aspects and add a lot of funny mini-games and a larger world !
RAGE takes place in a post-apocalyptic vision of the earth after an asteroid crash on it... but luckily, humans succeed t escape on spaceships before it crashes ^^
So it's in the skin of one of this humans, coming back from his really long sleep that he wakes up and discover the new face of the world, and you with him !
Graphically the game is really beautiful, despite one of two backgrounds or textures made quickly...
The principal gameplay of the game is simple : accept missions coming from the habitants, go out of the city with you car, kill enemies, complete the mission, come back to the city, finish he mission ! So this game seems a bit repetitive, and that would be true if the artistic direction have made a unique place for the game, and if there weren't all the mini-games that complete RAGE :there are races with many vehicles, there's a card-game, a music-game, a shooting-game, the search of parts that will help you to create objects which will help you in levels, and a lot of things that I forgot ^^
The only real "bad point" (which in fact is not really a "bad" one),is that the main history isn't really developed, so you have many secondary missions, but I think they didn't enough focused on the main one.... but it's not TOO disturbing for the game experience...

So RAGE is really a good GOOD game, which will change you from all the war games that developers released now ^^ And even more if you have a computer that can make run it, just for graphics !!

No it's fine, it'll have to be a two pager, but everything so far has. Thanks for doing it!
EDIT: Can you tell me your score out of 10, that needs to go in.

Last edited by stor (2012-09-05 02:48:54)

#48 2012-09-05 06:20:09

Anarcial
Scratcher

well yeah, 9/10 because of the story...

#49 2012-09-05 12:20:00

whizzer
Scratcher

For the article, can I include an eShop game?

http://i46.tinypic.com/33df6me.png I'm whizzer0 for all things Minecraft.

#50 2012-09-05 12:34:02

firedrake969_test
Scratcher

Can I review Metalstorm:  Wingman?

Alt of Firedrake969.

Board footer