This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5176 2012-08-28 17:20:33

jedimasterlee
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

I would like to be a curator to show some projects that are really amazing. I loved boltbait's mario and I love silvershimmer43's animation. I would love to be a curator! I will uphold the scratch terms and not show any inappropriate or rude. I will only show cool and amazing things. Thanks!

#5177 2012-08-29 03:25:40

johnstevenau
New Scratcher

I wanna be a curator some day.

#5178 2012-08-29 08:06:56

eerone
New Scratcher

hi, I would like to be a curator.
http://bali-vacation-info.blogspot.com/

#5179 2012-08-29 10:37:55

ProgrammingFreak
Scratcher

eerone wrote:

hi, I would like to be a curator.
http://bali-vacation-info.blogspot.com/

Please don't spam.  hmm

Congrats, Hardmath!  big_smile

#5180 2012-08-29 12:31:34

JhonnyD
Scratcher

hey lighnin can i be a curator

http://images.brickset.net/wallpaper/Bionicle%20(2003,%20Toa%20Nuva)/toa_nuva_all1-1280.jpgBionicle shall live in our hearts forever

#5181 2012-08-29 13:31:04

benjamin2
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator on the Scratch homepage.

I would curate projects that range from a few hours old to a few weeks old, but I will mostly curate the newer projects of less-known Scratchers. I am a particular fan of puzzle games, platformers, but I also like many projects that are not games.

I wouldn't curate projects from very well-known Scratchers, because that isn't the purpose. One, they'll get tons of views and comments anyway, and two, there'll probably end up on the front page for most viewed or most loved.

I would add a new project about 3-5 times a week and I would accept requests but they'd have to follow guidelines, such as being appropriate, having a certain number of views/love its or less, and certain facts about the scratcher (not being frontpaged recently, for example).

Please consider letting me take on this role as it would be a fun and learning experience. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/gp6tZ.gif

#5182 2012-08-29 15:13:24

soniku3
Scratcher

JhonnyD wrote:

hey lighnin can i be a curator

One does not simply be a curator.  tongue

internet's all about cats today.

#5183 2012-08-30 00:00:24

Blaze_X
Scratcher

MyRedNeptune wrote:

Awesome.  smile  I totally support this idea.  smile

Me too!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=rh5wl0&s=6

#5184 2012-08-30 15:48:32

homeks
Scratcher

i want to become a curator too! look at my projects please.

#5185 2012-08-30 15:52:39

LiFaytheGoblin
Scratcher

homeks wrote:

i want to become a curator too! look at my projects please.

Please don't post something like "look at my projects" here. You can advertise your projects in the show and tell forum.

Maybe you could write which projects (animations, arcade style games, ...) you would like to currate and why YOU should be curator. I think writing this could help getting the job  wink

#5186 2012-08-31 12:08:53

dj3102
Scratcher

please can i be a curator

#5187 2012-08-31 17:31:57

dvd4
Scratcher

hello scratch team

I would like to become a curator for the scratch home page.

I have been scratching for several years now (on multiple accounts),and have a lot of experience.

I would choose projects that have are smart and have good graphics ,ones that are not old, and ones that are not already well known.

dvd4

I made a mod  big_smile  It's called blook!
http://i49.tinypic.com/16ia63p.png

#5188 2012-08-31 18:39:43

CN12
Scratcher

I would like to be a Curator if possible.

Click this on April 15th to see the new album from The 10th Dimension!
http://oi48.tinypic.com/23tqhyw.jpg

#5189 2012-09-01 10:31:07

ImagineIt
Scratcher

soniku3 wrote:

thenatashas wrote:

Hi Scratch Team!

I have already applied for curator, but I'd like to apply again. See, I always bump into new great projects that only have 20 views! And then I see some projects that are OK and they have 1200+ views! Then I want to help the projects more views... but how do you do that? Well you become  a curator! So far I have "favorite"-ing these projects, but still they remain in the shadows of other projects of well known Scratchers.

I have already applied for curator, but I am testing my luck and trying for a second chance. I probably won't become curator, since I know that usually the well-known Scratchers are the ones that become curator, but I hope you take me into consideration.

I would take in all requests into consideration. I would accept exceptionally different games (not platformers), puzzles, strategy games, and animations. If somebody had already made a front-paged Scratch I probably wouldn't put  up one of their projects for curation, as it is unfair to the newer Scratchers. Most of my favorites I want to curate... they are kind of my list.

If I become curator, I hope I can help the Scratch community and help Scratchers and all. If you have anything for me to do for the community, I'd more than happy to because I love Scratch, and I want other people to too.

-The Natasha S

when gf clicked
forever
think [curator] for (11000)

Try'd to block spam..  hmm

I think they weren't really trying to. It says the word curator in there.

Anyways, great speech! It's also not usually just the well known scratchers that become curator. What made you think that?  wink

Last edited by ImagineIt (2012-09-01 10:31:43)

#5190 2012-09-01 10:45:41

Firedrake969
Scratcher

Greetings Scratch Team:

I would like to apply for curator.  I have already applied, but I'd like to apply again.  I have been working with Scratch for years now, and I'd now like to apply for curator.
     First, the projects.  On the front page, especially in the Top Remixed section, I see OK-quality projects.  Then, while browsing the forums, I see users with good projects, but they only have a few views!  Those users generally don't advertise on the forums, but their projects deserve views, unlike some others that sometimes get to the front page.  I will, however, do every effort to put projects on the front page that have less than 50 views.

Second, the project types.  As with the projects themselves, I will only put unique projects.  Traditional projects, such as platformers, coloring contests, art dumps, and AMVs.  I would curate the new, unique projects out there.  However, I would take all requests, and if there were a simply amazing project, I would curate it, providing it had minimal views.

If I become curator, thank you.  If not, thank you still.  I love Scratch and want it to continually grow.  Harvard already uses it in its computer science course.  Who knows, one day Scratch may be the worldwide programming language for children!

Thank you for your time in reading my letter.  I am hopeful, and am excited for this opportunity.  Thank you again for your time.

Sincerely,
Firedrake969

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#5191 2012-09-01 12:15:26

ImagineIt
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

Greetings Scratch Team:

I would like to apply for curator.  I have already applied, but I'd like to apply again.  I have been working with Scratch for years now, and I'd now like to apply for curator.
     First, the projects.  On the front page, especially in the Top Remixed section, I see OK-quality projects.  Then, while browsing the forums, I see users with good projects, but they only have a few views!  Those users generally don't advertise on the forums, but their projects deserve views, unlike some others that sometimes get to the front page.  I will, however, do every effort to put projects on the front page that have less than 50 views.

Second, the project types.  As with the projects themselves, I will only put unique projects.  Traditional projects, such as platformers, coloring contests, art dumps, and AMVs.  I would curate the new, unique projects out there.  However, I would take all requests, and if there were a simply amazing project, I would curate it, providing it had minimal views.

If I become curator, thank you.  If not, thank you still.  I love Scratch and want it to continually grow.  Harvard already uses it in its computer science course.  Who knows, one day Scratch may be the worldwide programming language for children!

Thank you for your time in reading my letter.  I am hopeful, and am excited for this opportunity.  Thank you again for your time.

Sincerely,
Firedrake969

Nice! It even uses paragraphs to separate sections!

#5192 2012-09-01 14:38:24

Firedrake969
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Greetings Scratch Team:

Sincerely,
Firedrake969

Nice! It even uses paragraphs to separate sections!

Thanks!

Click the sign.

#5193 2012-09-01 14:56:08

henley
Scratcher

I'd like to elect Firedrake969 to be Curator.

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#5194 2012-09-01 16:22:17

Firedrake969
Scratcher

henley wrote:

I'd like to elect Firedrake969 to be Curator.

Thanks!  Your support is well-founded.

Click the sign.

#5195 2012-09-01 17:40:56

mintfang
Scratcher

Scratch Team-
I would like to be a curator because I believe that the best projects go unnoticed. I would curate projects by people who were not well known and have less than 30 views. I think everyone deserves to be curated, but not everyone deserves to be a curator. Some people would just curate their projects, not others. Those people are selfish and greedy.
Now, project types. I would curate unique and awesome projects that are by people not well known. I would never curate one of my own projects, just unknown others  smile . I know a lot of people say that, but I mean it!
I would also help those I curated get better. I would teach them to make better graphics nd programming. I would do many things to help them get better at scratch! Even teach them to be a better citizen of scratch. I think if everyone was helped, we would have a much better community.
I specifically would curate warriors stuff and pet stuff.
I support all of my rivals. Good luck to you guys!  wink
Mintfang out!

Last edited by mintfang (2012-09-01 18:21:01)

http://i33.tinypic.com/25p1rw6.png

#5196 2012-09-01 17:42:44

mintfang
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

Greetings Scratch Team:

Sincerely,
Firedrake969

I know we've had our differences, but I support you and all of my rivals!

http://i33.tinypic.com/25p1rw6.png

#5197 2012-09-01 17:49:38

Firedrake969
Scratcher

mintfang wrote:

Scratch Team-
I would like to be a curator because I believe that the best projects go unnoticed. I would curate projects by people who were not well known and have less than 30 views. I think everyone deserves to be curated, but not everyone deserves to be a curator. Some people would just curate their projects, not others. Those people are selfish and greedy.
Now, project types. I would curate unique and awesome projects that are by people not well known. I would never curate one of my own projects, just unknown others  smile . I know a lot of people say that, but I mean it!
I would also help those I curated get better. I would teach them to make better graphics nd programming. I would do many things to help them get better at scratch! Even teach them to be a better citizen of scratch. I think if everyone was helped, we would have a much better community.
I support all of my rivals. Good luck to you guys!  wink
Mintfang out!

I support you!
and you can't curate your own project anyways.  What types would you curate?

Click the sign.

#5198 2012-09-03 14:14:26

randomguy200
Scratcher

Scratch team,
I would really like to be a scratch curator because I would find unique projects that someone has clearly put lots of time and effort into, not ones by famous creators who just quickly put their projects together. I would try to look at all the projects people show me and would only pick projects that clearly were hard to make for the person that made them.
     One example of an amazing project I found and would curate is: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Kenichi10/2755620. When I looked at it, it only had 10 views and 3 love-it's in 3 days but it's a lot better than most well-known projects with  333 very advanced scripts! I spent nearly an hour playing on it and Kenichi10 must have spent ages making it!
     Edit: It was curated now  big_smile
     That's the kind of project I like, fun, original games. Though I love clever maths projects and art projects, even though I have to say my favorite kind of project is definitely addictive games.
     I greatly hope I can be chosen but good luck to every one else volunteering!

Last edited by randomguy200 (2012-09-05 05:12:28)

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/randomguy200/2757355_sm.png-Check it out  big_smile , go on  cool !

#5199 2012-09-03 16:02:35

Sholvanic1058
Scratcher

Hello! I would like to be curator because I would also choose the most unique, inspiring and useful to the Scratch Community so people would learn new things!

Sholvanic1058

http://i44.tinypic.com/2lj6o94.png

#5200 2012-09-03 16:55:04

Rainbowanimation
Scratcher

Hi! I would love to become a curator! I think I have been a good and contributing member of the Scratch community throughout my time on scratch.

If I became a curator I would put unique, well presented and underrated projects on the front page. I would like to put projects that combine animation and effects with clever and well planned scripting. I will choose projects that look interesting and exciting while also being simple and easy to use.

I won't choose projects that look like the scratcher hasn't put a lot of effort into. I will only choose projects that I think deserve more attention and have perhaps been overlooked.

I really hope you choose me to be the next curator. I have already found a few projects that would be suitable for the front page and desperately need more views! Thank you for reading.

Board footer