This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#8576 2012-08-26 19:01:50

maxskywalker
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

sonicfan12p wrote:

maxskywalker wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Arguing with you about this seems pointless, since it doesn't matter what happened, who did it, or how. The odd structures were there, the house was burned down, everything else gone. The natural answer is Herobrine, since it was a pre 1.3 singleplayer world, where the player did not yet possess either tnt or flint and steel. If you have another explanation, then feel free to give it.

Just a quick guess: lighting?

Could account for burning, sure. But a crater that only a full stack of TNT's could create is still there for suggestion. And in response to everyone else, Have YOU looked at the code? Can you understand it? If not, who are you to say that it isn't there. Maybe Mojang is keeping it a running joke, you don't know everything, and neither do I. We made logical assumptions. We have no proof, but you don't either. Deal with that. You aren't working with Mojang, you don't know what really happened. they could easily put him infor a little period, remove him, and noone one know. Then sarcastically say he was never there. Weird how that works when you think of more angles than one.

Just think about the ridiculously huge number of people who have gone Minecraft's code, every day, and apparently useless lines would have raised suspicion.

#8577 2012-08-26 19:57:39

laptop97
Scratcher

Minecraft is missing the copy button for singleplayer worlds, so I made one  big_smile

#8578 2012-08-26 21:29:25

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

Still no better explanation. I'm not saying that's definitely what happened, I'm saying it's the most logical explanation. Come up with a better one, and I will be very willing to believe you, but until then, it is still the best option.

Why are the secret organizations getting all the attention?  mad

#8579 2012-08-26 21:30:44

777w
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

Still no better explanation. I'm not saying that's definitely what happened, I'm saying it's the most logical explanation. Come up with a better one, and I will be very willing to believe you, but until then, it is still the best option.

if the nonexistent herobrine is the most logical explanation then youve got some weird logic on your hands

#8580 2012-08-26 21:39:15

soupoftomato
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

Your friend is trying to prank you.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#8581 2012-08-26 21:48:22

Bklecka
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

logical explanations
1. Creeper
2. Glitches
3. Lightning
4. Friend-trolls
5. Jeb made unloaded furnaces explode

http://i48.tinypic.com/106ijc9.jpg

#8582 2012-08-26 22:41:24

shpeters
Scratcher

Another is lava.

http://i.imgur.com/bboYO.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/66Yki.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/uLUsl.jpg

#8583 2012-08-26 23:00:29

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

Bklecka wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

logical explanations
1. Creeper Doesn't explode unless near you. Explosion was also too powerful to be a creeper, more like 50 creepers.
2. Glitches Possible, actually logical, unlike the answers other people have tried to give me. I've asked around outside scratch too.
3. Lightning Doesn't cause explosion damage.
4. Friend-trolls Dude was playing for a really long time, in one sitting. Multiple friends watching. Single=player world, pre 1.3 lan world time.
5. Jeb made unloaded furnaces explode What?

I'm dissapointed with you guys, trying to disprove the credibility of several of my good friends, who don't pull pranks like this. Some of them are terrible liars, I can tell on there face if there lying. I didn't believe them at first, but I could tell they weren't lying. You guys keep coming up with logic for the burnings, but not the explosions. Or the weird structures, made out of seemingly random material. I want to know what happened, but what I'm stuck with is the hypothesis that herobrine was in there. I don't want to believe it, but you guys aren't helping disprove it. At all. I'm not convinced it was herobrine, I'm not trying to say it was. I'm saying that it is unexplained. Please do better with ideas  this time around, maybe we can figure this out.

#8584 2012-08-26 23:42:56

PonyvilleSlugger
Scratcher

nickbrickmaster wrote:

@CozyHut3
My netbook with 1gig of ram, windows XP original install can rum Minecraft. And you say a Wii can't? No. Just no. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Technical_specifications]Probably better than that computer

I ran Minecraft from an R4 card with a Java virtual machine put on to run it, the 3ds has 256MB of RAM which is ~x2 faster than computer RAM, and I could play MC fine on it.

Personally MC could be cool with motion+, sword fighting would be like fencing on Wii sports resort, but it'll probably just be swinging the wiimote to mine a block, a simple "if swingingwiimotelikeanidiot then mine-block else donothing" and obsidian miners would come out of their rooms with massive biceps.

♫ 8% of teens pretend to be morally superior due to the music they listen to. If you are one of the 92% of teens who don't, copy and paste this into your signature. ♫♪
http://i46.tinypic.com/waj11e.gif

#8585 2012-08-27 08:06:13

Nomolos
Scratcher

How do you get rid of water buckets?

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#8586 2012-08-27 09:01:09

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

PonyvilleSlugger wrote:

nickbrickmaster wrote:

@CozyHut3
My netbook with 1gig of ram, windows XP original install can rum Minecraft. And you say a Wii can't? No. Just no. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Technical_specifications]Probably better than that computer

I ran Minecraft from an R4 card with a Java virtual machine put on to run it, the 3ds has 256MB of RAM which is ~x2 faster than computer RAM, and I could play MC fine on it.

Personally MC could be cool with motion+, sword fighting would be like fencing on Wii sports resort, but it'll probably just be swinging the wiimote to mine a block, a simple "if swingingwiimotelikeanidiot then mine-block else donothing" and obsidian miners would come out of their rooms with massive biceps.

XD

#8587 2012-08-27 09:27:00

imnotbob
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

If you're telling us to give you proof, give us some proof.
=P Who's to say he wasn't trying to be funny?

PesterChum Handle: annoyingAnchorman
durp yo terezi sup sup gotta beat john gotta beat john

#8588 2012-08-27 09:28:31

imnotbob
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

How do you get rid of water buckets?

The water in them or the bucket?

#8589 2012-08-27 10:53:05

maxskywalker
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

Bklecka wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

logical explanations
1. Creeper Doesn't explode unless near you. Explosion was also too powerful to be a creeper, more like 50 creepers.
2. Glitches Possible, actually logical, unlike the answers other people have tried to give me. I've asked around outside scratch too.
4. Friend-trolls Dude was playing for a really long time, in one sitting. Multiple friends watching. Single=player world, pre 1.3 lan world time.

I'm dissapointed with you guys, trying to disprove the credibility of several of my good friends, who don't pull pranks like this. Some of them are terrible liars, I can tell on there face if there lying. I didn't believe them at first, but I could tell they weren't lying. You guys keep coming up with logic for the burnings, but not the explosions. Or the weird structures, made out of seemingly random material. I want to know what happened, but what I'm stuck with is the hypothesis that herobrine was in there. I don't want to believe it, but you guys aren't helping disprove it. At all. I'm not convinced it was herobrine, I'm not trying to say it was. I'm saying that it is unexplained. Please do better with ideas  this time around, maybe we can figure this out.

*sigh* No one is trying to disprove your friend's credibility.  But Herobrine doesn't exist, and Endermen, Creepers, and lightning can all explain what you saw.

How to make an infinite water source (w = water, o = water source block [where you clicked the water bucket], m = solid block like dirt) :

mmmm
mowm
mwom
mmmm

I wonder if this could be used with lava to make infinite obsidian.

#8590 2012-08-27 11:00:58

werdna123
Scratcher

Haha, sonicfan is hilarious.

Look, just face it. He was never added to the game. So it's your friend's word against the thousands of people who've looked through the code? And your friend is the only one this has happened to? Honestly, it could easily have been a creeper or lightning, your friend may be exaggerating about it. But if it was lightning it would go out straight away though, so I reckon he's just trolling you.

#8591 2012-08-27 11:39:07

imnotbob
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

Look, just face it. He was never added to the game. So it's your friend's word against the thousands of people who've looked through the code? And your friend is the only one this has happened to? Honestly, it could easily have been a creeper or lightning, your friend may be exaggerating about it. But if it was lightning it would go out straight away though, so I reckon he's just trolling you.

^^^ that

#8592 2012-08-27 11:47:57

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

imnotbob wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

Be nice.  hmm 

So guess what I heard?

ON THE INTERNET:

Random Minecrafter: haha dinnerbone the new mob is so boss and i know you know what i'm talking about don't hide it

dinnerbone: I've nether heard of it. Will these questions ever end?

He said he's NETHER heard of it. *hint hint*

#8593 2012-08-27 11:51:57

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

maxskywalker wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Bklecka wrote:

logical explanations

*sigh* No one is trying to disprove your friend's credibility.  But Herobrine doesn't exist, and Endermen, Creepers, and lightning can all explain what you saw.

No, they can't. I already told you, creepers aren't powerful enough to do the damage that five of my friends saw, when separately asked, said close enough to thhe same thing, if they would have said the exact same thing I would have been suspicious, they looked dead serious when saying it, and three of them are incapable of looking dead serious if they aren't serious. I went and saw it myself, the damage is too great to have been a single creeper, as I said earlier, a closer estimate is 50 creepers all at once. Lightning, doesn't explode, so that's out of the question, endermen, pick up one block at a time, and I've never seen them pick up anything but grass, dirt, and tnt, and there was no tnt in, around, or near the house, nor was it even on the map. And I already said, I doubt it was herobrine, I don't really think it was, but the most logical answer I've received from you guys is a glitch, which still isn't logical because a glitch wouldn't look like aa comet crashed into your house. And what about the weird buildings, you still haven't tried to explain that. Now I expect you to stop trying to disprove herobrine by passing on things said from people you don't know, and start disproving him by proving something else did this. Good grief, use logic. Saying a creeper did it while you were thousands of blocks away is NOT logical people.

Last edited by sonicfan12p (2012-08-27 11:53:13)

#8594 2012-08-27 11:54:02

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

That's interesting cozyhut!  wink  Now we know for sure what it is! I think...

#8595 2012-08-27 11:57:16

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

Please think before you post a reply to my above post, and maybe we'll figure this out. But don't say another word about, Herobrine was never in the game, you've made your point very clear. Try to prove it, by figuring out what did this. Hint, it was not creepers, endermen, lightning, trolling, griefing, or anything like that. Now please use logic.

#8596 2012-08-27 11:58:57

GameGuy64
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

No, they can't. I already told you, creepers aren't powerful enough to do the damage that five of my friends saw.

Charged Creeper?

http://i45.tinypic.com/25apxc7.png

#8597 2012-08-27 11:59:27

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Good grief, use logic.

Yes, well you're not exactly Captain Logic are you?

Actually, I am!  tongue  A non-existent part of the game is more likely than anything you're bringing up at this point, especially since you've been thus far unable to prove that statement. Hence I'm being logical, you aren't. You're trying to tell me my friends are trying to trick me, that creepers did it, and other things, when I know for a fact those things are true. Try again please. It's sad when something that doesn't exist makes more sense tan something that does, so try harder. I want to know what really happened.

Last edited by sonicfan12p (2012-08-27 12:02:58)

#8598 2012-08-27 12:01:42

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

GameGuy64 wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

No, they can't. I already told you, creepers aren't powerful enough to do the damage that five of my friends saw.

Charged Creeper?

I've never seen those in a no plugin world, so I doubt it. Besides, they don't just randomly explode.

#8599 2012-08-27 12:08:29

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

Come on, I want to know what happened! I don't believe herobrine did it, I want to know the  truth! I ask you to help me out, and you are failing, I want to know so I can prevent it from ever happening on one of my worlds! Please make sense this time! (without attacking the credibility of me, my friends, or anyone else related to the subject of course, since that will make me think less of you, and most likely tick me off that you're not listening. Again.)

#8600 2012-08-27 12:16:38

werdna123
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Good grief, use logic.

Yes, well you're not exactly Captain Logic are you?

Actually, I am!  tongue  A non-existent part of the game is more likely than anything you're bringing up at this point, especially since you've been thus far unable to prove that statement. Hence I'm being logical, you aren't. You're trying to tell me my friends are trying to trick me, that creepers did it, and other things, when I know for a fact those things are true. Try again please. It's sad when something that doesn't exist makes more sense tan something that does, so try harder. I want to know what really happened.

1. I never said creepers.
2. Your friends tricking you is completely logical.
3. You just said it's non-existent.
4. Now, in your last post, you're saying he doesn't exist! >.>

The current possibilities are:

1. Troll friends
2. One of your friends got on alone and griefed it.

And it must have happened very soon before they saw it, since fire goes out fast.

Board footer