This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#8551 2012-08-26 11:36:17

jukyter
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

777w wrote:

Cozyhut3 wrote:

777w wrote:

no
just
no

But why not?  yikes

i dont know quite how to explain it but itd just sort of ruin everything

It'd be like adding Fakemon to a Pokemon game
And people would get their houses ruined
And it'd be like argh

cause a bird and a fish could fall in love/but where would they live?

#8552 2012-08-26 11:42:33

777w
Scratcher

jukyter wrote:

777w wrote:

Cozyhut3 wrote:

But why not?  yikes

It'd be like adding Fakemon to a Pokemon game
And people would get their houses ruined
And it'd be like argh

yeah thats it
thanks

#8553 2012-08-26 12:27:09

maxskywalker
Scratcher

NeilWest wrote:

Why do you have to be member to play Demo mode? D:

What do you mean by member?  You need an account, but you don't have to buy it.  For some reason I got the 1.2.5 version instead of the demo ^.^  big_smile

#8554 2012-08-26 12:30:04

owetre18
Scratcher

I stay on 1.2.5 until Jeb fixes all the bugs in singleplayer.

But I want the new stuff.

I'm so torn.

#8555 2012-08-26 13:31:23

nickbrickmaster
Scratcher

777w wrote:

Cozyhut3 wrote:

777w wrote:

no
just
no

But why not?  yikes

Notch doesn't work on Minecraft anymore.

@CozyHut3
My netbook with 1gig of ram, windows XP original install can rum Minecraft. And you say a Wii can't? No. Just no. Probably better than that computer

Last edited by nickbrickmaster (2012-08-26 13:37:21)

Ask me what I'm doing, wait an hour than roll a die, if it's 4-6, I'm playing Skyrim, if it's 1, I'm eating, if it's 2-3 I'm programming.
Steam: nickbrickmaster | RotMG: PwnThemAll | Minecraft: nickbrickmaster | League Of Legends: BaneOfTitans

#8556 2012-08-26 13:37:04

777w
Scratcher

nickbrickmaster wrote:

777w wrote:

Cozyhut3 wrote:

But why not?  yikes

i thought he just stepped down as the lead developer

#8557 2012-08-26 13:37:48

nickbrickmaster
Scratcher

777w wrote:

nickbrickmaster wrote:

777w wrote:

Nope. He doesn't even play it anymore.

Ask me what I'm doing, wait an hour than roll a die, if it's 4-6, I'm playing Skyrim, if it's 1, I'm eating, if it's 2-3 I'm programming.
Steam: nickbrickmaster | RotMG: PwnThemAll | Minecraft: nickbrickmaster | League Of Legends: BaneOfTitans

#8558 2012-08-26 13:40:00

maxskywalker
Scratcher

777w wrote:

nickbrickmaster wrote:

777w wrote:

Yeah.  I thought he said that he'd look into 'fancy huge customizable boats that you can put chests in' if it's possible- that's the main feature I'm waiting for.  Houseboats FTW!!!

#8559 2012-08-26 13:40:36

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

Arguing with you about this seems pointless, since it doesn't matter what happened, who did it, or how. The odd structures were there, the house was burned down, everything else gone. The natural answer is Herobrine, since it was a pre 1.3 singleplayer world, where the player did not yet possess either tnt or flint and steel. If you have another explanation, then feel free to give it.

Why are the secret organizations getting all the attention?  mad

#8560 2012-08-26 13:43:10

maxskywalker
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

Arguing with you about this seems pointless, since it doesn't matter what happened, who did it, or how. The odd structures were there, the house was burned down, everything else gone. The natural answer is Herobrine, since it was a pre 1.3 singleplayer world, where the player did not yet possess either tnt or flint and steel. If you have another explanation, then feel free to give it.

Just a quick guess: lighting?

#8561 2012-08-26 13:49:32

backspace_
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

I love this. I love how there is no code at all in the entire minecraft for herobrine to exist, and has repeatedly been stated as a myth, and yet you still think it was herobrine XD

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#8562 2012-08-26 13:55:47

Firedrake969
Scratcher

Do you have to buy it to play it?  I've never played it, and probably never will.

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#8563 2012-08-26 14:07:13

poopo
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

Do you have to buy it to play it?  I've never played it, and probably never will.

There is now a demo on the website.

http://i45.tinypic.com/28rnqki.jpg

#8564 2012-08-26 14:50:17

Daroach1
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

Minecraft forums banned the topic of herobrine because he never has, and never will be in the game.
'Nuff said.

http://i47.tinypic.com/v83mhl.png

#8565 2012-08-26 14:56:36

geohendan
Scratcher

owetre18 wrote:

I stay on 1.2.5 until Jeb fixes all the bugs in singleplayer.

But I want the new stuff.

I'm so torn.

It's not that bad...

Scratching that nasty wart on my back since 2009!
http://i.imgur.com/OzpGtWV.jpg

#8566 2012-08-26 15:00:06

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

maxskywalker wrote:

777w wrote:

nickbrickmaster wrote:

Yeah.  I thought he said that he'd look into 'fancy huge customizable boats that you can put chests in' if it's possible- that's the main feature I'm waiting for.  Houseboats FTW!!!

I really want those too. D:

But who heard about a new item coming in 1.4? Something like.. uh... carrot on a stick. Used to control pigs. Yee-haw!

#8567 2012-08-26 16:27:49

jukyter
Scratcher

nickbrickmaster wrote:

777w wrote:

nickbrickmaster wrote:

Nope. He doesn't even play it anymore.

He plays Minecraft
He has it on all his computers
I'm not sure he still develops it though
I think he's working on 01whatever

#8568 2012-08-26 18:19:53

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

maxskywalker wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Could account for burning, sure. But a crater that only a full stack of TNT's could create is still there for suggestion. And in response to everyone else, Have YOU looked at the code? Can you understand it? If not, who are you to say that it isn't there. Maybe Mojang is keeping it a running joke, you don't know everything, and neither do I. We made logical assumptions. We have no proof, but you don't either. Deal with that. You aren't working with Mojang, you don't know what really happened. they could easily put him infor a little period, remove him, and noone one know. Then sarcastically say he was never there. Weird how that works when you think of more angles than one.

Why are the secret organizations getting all the attention?  mad

#8569 2012-08-26 18:26:16

geohendan
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

maxskywalker wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Could account for burning, sure. But a crater that only a full stack of TNT's could create is still there for suggestion. And in response to everyone else, Have YOU looked at the code? Can you understand it? If not, who are you to say that it isn't there. Maybe Mojang is keeping it a running joke, you don't know everything, and neither do I. We made logical assumptions. We have no proof, but you don't either. Deal with that. You aren't working with Mojang, you don't know what really happened. they could easily put him infor a little period, remove him, and noone one know. Then sarcastically say he was never there. Weird how that works when you think of more angles than one.

I'm pretty sure the people who said they looked at the code understand it too.

Scratching that nasty wart on my back since 2009!
http://i.imgur.com/OzpGtWV.jpg

#8570 2012-08-26 18:32:09

svinnik
Scratcher

geohendan wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

maxskywalker wrote:

My uncle looked at the minecraft code and said it was some of the shoddiest code he had ever seen. I think this was at Beta 1.0

http://www.harkavagrant.com/msnpaint/rabies.jpg

#8571 2012-08-26 18:34:10

jukyter
Scratcher

svinnik wrote:

geohendan wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

My uncle looked at the minecraft code and said it was some of the shoddiest code he had ever seen. I think this was at Beta 1.0

Notch worked for a large company for a while and they said, while it was impressive what he could do, it was obvious he was self taught

#8572 2012-08-26 18:37:31

Bklecka
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

maxskywalker wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

*gets version before removed herobrine*
no herobrine skins here  tongue

http://i48.tinypic.com/106ijc9.jpg

#8573 2012-08-26 18:44:53

svinnik
Scratcher

Bklecka wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

maxskywalker wrote:

*gets version before removed herobrine*
no herobrine skins here  tongue

Seconded.

#8574 2012-08-26 18:48:25

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

svinnik wrote:

geohendan wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

LOL!! Your uncle understands code though? That's pretty awesome.  yikes

#8575 2012-08-26 18:59:15

svinnik
Scratcher

Cozyhut3 wrote:

svinnik wrote:

geohendan wrote:

LOL!! Your uncle understands code though? That's pretty awesome.  yikes

Yes. He works as someone who test companies security by trying to hack into their stuff. The companies pay him very well.

Board footer