This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1101 2012-08-16 14:56:15

henley
Scratcher

Re: Official [Scratchblocks] Testing Play Area

Molybdenum wrote:

henley wrote:

gooeygoo wrote:

Fixed?

Haha, no. That was the joke. I didn't want there to be a boolean, I wanted it to be part of the text but it doesn't work like that.

[what if we all typed like this?]
yikes

[that would be... interesting.]
[quote][I wonder what happens in a quote.][/quote]
[Hmm... It seems like it doesn't work.] 

[a bunch of secret text can be put here. Mwahahaha. I'll write a story here. Because I like stories. There was once a boy named Nate. Nate was just an average boy. Oh wait, no he wasn't. He had a time machine. Nate liked to time travel. It was one of his healthier hobbies. On a tuesday, Nate was on summer break from school. Nate knew that he had very few days until school started. Nate doesn't like school. Nate decided that he would travel back in time five days. He wanted to warn a Nate from the past to more fun things before summer ended. He knew he couldn't just go back and re-live his summer days, because then there would be two of him. He liked going through time to have some company every now and then, but an entire summer is just too much. So before he could reach the Nate from five days ago, a future Nate came to stop him. The future Nate seemed very serious, and the present Nate asked why he couldn't just tell himself to have fun. The future Nate told himself, or rather, the Nate from the present, that he couldn't explain why, but that he had a very reliable reason for telling him this. Nate figured he wouldn't lie to himself, so he decided to go back to the present. He still felt lonely. He then realized that he had to, at some point, go back in time and tell himself not to warn himself of how bored he would be, and figured he could do himself a favor by going back in time earlier than the future self so that later in the future, when he goes back in time, he'll realize his work is already done, and be proud of himself. Nate got into his time machine, and went back in time to stop himself from warning himself of his boredom. As he stopped himself, he realized that he still didn't know why he had come to stop him, so he told himself that he couldn't explain why, but he had a very reliable reason. Which was all true. He really couldn't explain why, and his reason was that of the original future Nates. He had then successfully stopped himself from warning himself about being bored and both of the Nates went to their respective presents. After a while, it dawned on Nate that when he first traveld back in time five days, he was actually talking to Nate from the second time he traveld back in time five days, and that there was never a Nate from further in the future. Nate didn't like paradoxes, so he went back in time 
^Quote me to see what that says.

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#1102 2012-08-16 15:01:36

BirdByte
Scratcher

henley wrote:

Molybdenum wrote:

henley wrote:

Haha, no. That was the joke. I didn't want there to be a boolean, I wanted it to be part of the text but it doesn't work like that.

[what if we all typed like this?]
yikes

[quote][I wonder what happens in a quote.][/quote]

[a bunch of secret text can be put here. Mwahahaha. I'll write a story here. Because I like stories. There was once a boy named Nate. Nate was just an average boy. Oh wait, no he wasn't. He had a time machine. Nate liked to time travel. It was one of his healthier hobbies. On a tuesday, Nate was on summer break from school. Nate knew that he had very few days until school started. Nate doesn't like school. Nate decided that he would travel back in time five days. He wanted to warn a Nate from the past to more fun things before summer ended. He knew he couldn't just go back and re-live his summer days, because then there would be two of him. He liked going through time to have some company every now and then, but an entire summer is just too much. So before he could reach the Nate from five days ago, a future Nate came to stop him. The future Nate seemed very serious, and the present Nate asked why he couldn't just tell himself to have fun. The future Nate told himself, or rather, the Nate from the present, that he couldn't explain why, but that he had a very reliable reason for telling him this. Nate figured he wouldn't lie to himself, so he decided to go back to the present. He still felt lonely. He then realized that he had to, at some point, go back in time and tell himself not to warn himself of how bored he would be, and figured he could do himself a favor by going back in time earlier than the future self so that later in the future, when he goes back in time, he'll realize his work is already done, and be proud of himself. Nate got into his time machine, and went back in time to stop himself from warning himself of his boredom. As he stopped himself, he realized that he still didn't know why he had come to stop him, so he told himself that he couldn't explain why, but he had a very reliable reason. Which was all true. He really couldn't explain why, and his reason was that of the original future Nates. He had then successfully stopped himself from warning himself about being bored and both of the Nates went to their respective presents. After a while, it dawned on Nate that when he first traveld back in time five days, he was actually talking to Nate from the second time he traveld back in time five days, and that there was never a Nate from further in the future. Nate didn't like paradoxes, so he went back in time 

[This is weird... Nice discovery! :D 

http://i50.tinypic.com/312u714.jpg

#1103 2012-08-16 16:03:47

HeyHeyBoom
Scratcher

[I like pie]
when flag clicked
if <(pie) = [pie v]>
  <pie> 
  <pie>
  <pie>
else
  if <(pie) = [PIEEEEEEE v]>
   <pie ∞ forever>
  end
end

Last edited by HeyHeyBoom (2012-08-16 16:18:58)

Finn! -> ʕ₍∙⌄∙₎ʔ

#1104 2012-08-16 17:59:16

HeyHeyBoom
Scratcher

BirdByte wrote:

henley wrote:

Molybdenum wrote:

[This is weird... Nice discovery! :D 

[This is the best. YES! Quote Adventure! Episode 1: The Hidden Text. Anyway, is it storytime already? Well, if it is, check this: The Story of Natalie. Here it goes: Natalie Waterwell. Sounds normal, right? SHE ISN'T. She had accidentally walked into a radioactive building thinking it was just a prop green light for some sort of party. Well, now, because of that little problem, she glows in the dark. She also feels a tingle every now and then, but she relaxes, telling herself it's only her radioactive energy. 'Great,' she thought. 'Now I'm a glow-in-the-dark freak.' Her mom tells her she's special, but when she had gave her a good-night kiss, ("MOM! I'M TOO OLD FOR THAT!!") she did a double-take. 9... 1... 1... Send... Her hand trembled as she called for medical help. Many calls were made, and all were ridiculed. "Nat, get in the car. You too, honey," Mom (who's name was Patricia) said to Natalie and her husband. She rushed poor Nat to the hospital. All the doctors - even the experts - said they couldn't help, or do anything. There was only one choice: Kill her. Patricia had not wanted this, but it was the only thing they could do. They had raised the knife. They had put it down. They... missed. But there was no need. The radioactive substance's gaseous poison entered her blood flow. In... Out... In... Out... In... ...and she was gone, like that. About 3 and 3/7 of a week later, she opened her eyes. She dug out of her grave. She brushed herself off. She wasn't a zombie. She was alive. She didn't need that grave. Oh, and must I mention Patricia was shocked to hear her just say "I'm home!" and notice she wasn't making things up. She was, in fact, also shocked to see that she had another walk into the radioactive building thinking it was a radioactive substance's gas 'offspring'. It was a prop green light for her surprise party. You see, she had waken up on her birthday. So let the party begand oh hey she is a zombie. AAAAAA--
/\ ^ THIS IS THE AWESOME-EST THING EVER ^ /\

Finn! -> ʕ₍∙⌄∙₎ʔ

#1105 2012-08-16 18:11:08

gfchll
Scratcher

when gf <<<<<<<<not>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<not>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<not>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<not>>>>>>>> clicked

when clicked 
 gf 

Last edited by gfchll (2012-08-16 22:32:05)

HELLO EVERYBODY!

#1106 2012-08-16 18:42:09

Molybdenum
Scratcher

gfchll wrote:

when gf <<<<<<<<not>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<not>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<not>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<not>>>>>>>> clicked 

Whoa, that is weird.

"The Enrichment Center is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake."
(|Balls and Platforms: Stay on!|) (|NaOS-H: An operating system... Or is it?|)

#1107 2012-08-16 20:56:33

gooeygoo
Scratcher

if on [sprite2 v] bounce

Play meh games, dont beh shy!!!
http://scratch.mit.edu/users/gooeygoo

#1108 2012-08-16 20:58:04

gooeygoo
Scratcher

HeyHeyBoom wrote:

[This is the best. YES! Quote Adventure! Episode 1: The Hidden Text. Anyway, is it storytime already? Well, if it is, check this: The Story of Natalie. Here it goes: Natalie Waterwell. Sounds normal, right? SHE ISN'T. She had accidentally walked into a radioactive building thinking it was just a prop green light for some sort of party. Well, now, because of that little problem, she glows in the dark. She also feels a tingle every now and then, but she relaxes, telling herself it's only her radioactive energy. 'Great,' she thought. 'Now I'm a glow-in-the-dark freak.' Her mom tells her she's special, but when she had gave her a good-night kiss, ("MOM! I'M TOO OLD FOR THAT!!") she did a double-take. 9... 1... 1... Send... Her hand trembled as she called for medical help. Many calls were made, and all were ridiculed. "Nat, get in the car. You too, honey," Mom (who's name was Patricia) said to Natalie and her husband. She rushed poor Nat to the hospital. All the doctors - even the experts - said they couldn't help, or do anything. There was only one choice: Kill her. Patricia had not wanted this, but it was the only thing they could do. They had raised the knife. They had put it down. They... missed. But there was no need. The radioactive substance's gaseous poison entered her blood flow. In... Out... In... Out... In... ...and she was gone, like that. About 3 and 3/7 of a week later, she opened her eyes. She dug out of her grave. She brushed herself off. She wasn't a zombie. She was alive. She didn't need that grave. Oh, and must I mention Patricia was shocked to hear her just say "I'm home!" and notice she wasn't making things up. She was, in fact, also shocked to see that she had another walk into the radioactive building thinking it was a radioactive substance's gas 'offspring'. It was a prop green light for her surprise party. You see, she had waken up on her birthday. So let the party begand oh hey she is a zombie. AAAAAA--

/\ ^ THIS IS THE AWESOME-EST THING EVER ^ /\

Yeah  tongue

Play meh games, dont beh shy!!!
http://scratch.mit.edu/users/gooeygoo

#1109 2012-08-16 21:24:14

ImagineIt
Scratcher

when gf <not> clicked
Cool!

Last edited by ImagineIt (2012-08-16 21:24:37)

#1110 2012-08-16 21:25:38

ImagineIt
Scratcher

Hmm...

say [You rock!] <not> for (2) secs

#1111 2012-08-16 21:27:39

ImagineIt
Scratcher

when greenflag clicked

#1112 2012-08-16 21:30:44

ImagineIt
Scratcher

These are fun.  tongue

#1113 2012-08-16 21:49:18

awesomeness321
Scratcher

When [poopypants V] clicked
broadcast [:P V]

When i recieve [:P V]
ask [Really???? Poopypants???]

My newest project:http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=awesomeness321&amp;action=projects&amp;type=newest&amp;return=image&amp;num=1Color:#30F9A5 I am currently http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=awesomeness321&amp;action=onlineStatus&amp;type=text

#1114 2012-08-17 08:54:05

Martiscratch
Scratcher

say[FOFFO00] for (2) secs

http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw1yDEOgCAMBdC9p_gnICphdnA18QwoNZIAJRTD9Z184-uP74gKjxIvxi3tzaii3ZA-PjPijdgxvBpjcCYeeOtKW2Ou3OhIAbuUIOUvpdnNtDhH1tL0AQVCHgk~.png

#1115 2012-08-17 13:38:09

Firedrake969
Scratcher

<not>
 <and> 
<or>
< >

Last edited by Firedrake969 (2012-08-17 13:38:29)

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#1116 2012-08-17 13:43:36

GoldTube
New Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

<not>
 <and> 
<or>
< >

Hm...

when gf <  > clicked

#1117 2012-08-17 13:44:57

ImagineIt
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

<not>
 <and> 
<or>
< >

< >
Cool!

Last edited by ImagineIt (2012-08-17 13:45:43)

#1118 2012-08-17 14:11:14

41w4y5
Scratcher

[This is a test]
< >

http://i.imgur.com/Em1YC.png

#1119 2012-08-17 14:58:55

berberberber
Scratcher

if <when gf clicked>
end

http://i47.tinypic.com/2iaa73k.png

#1120 2012-08-17 22:08:29

awesomeness321
Scratcher

forever if <touching [uydgwyuigsugfdfi V]>
  When gf clicked
end

My newest project:http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=awesomeness321&amp;action=projects&amp;type=newest&amp;return=image&amp;num=1Color:#30F9A5 I am currently http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=awesomeness321&amp;action=onlineStatus&amp;type=text

#1121 2012-08-17 22:18:48

humhumgames
Scratcher

When <  > gf  <  > clicked 
Oh noes! Holes in the blocks!

Last edited by humhumgames (2012-08-17 22:20:22)

#1122 2012-08-17 22:22:55

humhumgames
Scratcher

[Secret text... I didn't know about this.

#1123 2012-08-17 22:44:54

Zangooser
Scratcher

([sooo bored right now... [(<fd>
<when ()

http://www.blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?action=random&amp;return=image&amp;link1=http://i.imgur.com/O0efo.png&amp;link2=http://i.imgur.com/B1KzK.png

#1124 2012-08-18 06:32:41

emirhanpppp
Scratcher

when flag clicked

#1125 2012-08-18 07:22:21

Splodgey
Scratcher

emirhanpppp wrote:

when flag clicked

You need the [scratchblocks][/scratchblocks] tags