This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5101 2012-08-10 02:31:50

chanmanpartyman
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

RedRocker227 wrote:

JhonnyD wrote:

hi paddle2see!

...?

humhumgames wrote:

RoyalHi5 wrote:

Posted a speech  tongue

Great Speech!  big_smile   big_smile  But to be a curator, you have to become a Scratcher first. Right now, you're a new scratcher. To become a normal Scratcher, you need to

1) Have enough projects
2) Have been on Scratch for a month
3) I think that's it.

But, when you do, I think you'd make a great curator!

Actually anyone can be curator.

kayybee's post linked to by Lightnin wrote:

What are the requirements of the curator?
•Must have the "Scratcher" status
•Must post a speech or application or whatever you want to call it in this thread
and last but not least (and actually most)
•Must be chosen by the Scratch Team.

Last edited by chanmanpartyman (2012-08-10 02:32:16)

#5102 2012-08-10 05:58:22

engineeringstudio
Scratcher

Hi lighnin, Idk if you are reading this, but it is me ES, how do I apply for curator? I would like to be curator. when you have read and feel like replying, reply here Just reply here

#5103 2012-08-10 08:00:39

ExtremelyGamer
Scratcher

777w wrote:

ExtremelyGamer wrote:

ilackoriginality wrote:

2nd attempt

I would like to become a curator. To improve my chances of attaining this elite rank in the Scratch hierarchy I will like to state that I have better judgment than everyone else, henceforth indirectly implying the inferiority of other people's judgment.

I promise to infect Scratch with tons of stickman projects. There will be so many that your creativity will implode. I will promise to make sure none of the projects are opinionated so nobody gets offended.

Thanks.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/That_6934bd_864413.jpg

all i see when i click the link is funnyjunk huh what

funny junk?

"Submarines are like water like underwater airplanes" O_o

#5104 2012-08-10 10:04:21

andrewjcole
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator because I have been on Scratch for almost a year now and I have a lot of experience. Now I know what types of projects are made commonly and what ones are unique. I would chose projects with a new idea and with very amazing scripts. I will chose projects like scrollers with unique features.

,andrewjcole

#5105 2012-08-10 17:56:40

beyblade4
Scratcher

Hi fellow Scratchers! I am beyblade4 and I will try my best at this  big_smile  Here goes everything!

Dear Scratch Team and Fellow Scratchers,
Hi! I am beyblade4 and I would like to become a curator here on Scratch because being here on Scratch for almost a year now has allowed me to experience that vast wonder of collaborations and projects. However, before I explain why I would want this position, I would like to take this opportunity to say that I am quite active in the forums especially in the Help With Scripts and the Collaborations simply because I like helping (not trying to brag). Furthermore, a curator's job is quite a profound one and if I were miraculously chosen to be one I would choose a diverse amount projects, not just dwelling on certain ones. For example I will go at projects such as projects that provide as an educational tool to all of our Scratchers, I will as well choose projects that Scratchers that have put a lot of work and effort into. Such as fun projects, with a new, fresh idea/concept, and that show a profound work  of programming art. Furthermore, I will as well select projects from people who don't get the views they deserve, so that gives an opportunity for many other Scratchers to be given the spotlight. If I were as well to choose projects, I would have a view cap of 60 views and 10 love-its, I will as well choose Scratchers that aren't that famous (excluding semi-famous) so everyone will get a chance. The projects I choose will also be based on the Scratcher's recent projects, for example, if they have been front paged recently I will not choose the project so that I will give others a chance! And that is why I would like to become the next Scratch Curator.
Yours Truly       
                                                                                              ~beyblade4

List of Projects I would Curate (In Progress)

Last edited by beyblade4 (2012-08-26 17:39:19)

http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=beyblade4&action=projects&type=newest&return=image&num=NUMBER

#5106 2012-08-11 12:37:43

CoolScrawl
Scratcher

chanmanpartyman wrote:

CoolScrawl wrote:

(My 5th Attempt  tongue )

Hi Scratch Team, I'm CoolScrawl and I really want to be curator!  big_smile
I have been Scrathin for 6 months now and I know lots about curating because two of my projects have been curated.

These are some examples of projects I would curate:
Click Here!

I would curate a project if:
1. It wasn't violent at all
2. It wasn't already famous
3. It wasn't by me
4. It hadn't already been front paged. (Excluding Newest.)

I'd really like to be curator... So please choose me!

-CoolScrawl  lol

You shouldn't campaign five times. I only posted mine twice because I couldn't find the older post, and I ended up a curator. It takes like three months, you just have to be patient.

Yeah but the thing is, my first two attempts were rubbish and nobody looked at them, so I i did some more. BTW, I thought you had quit Scratch and here you are on forums.

Last edited by CoolScrawl (2012-08-11 12:40:07)

http://i.imgur.com/sFkNT3c.gif

#5107 2012-08-11 12:39:20

CoolScrawl
Scratcher

UltraAdam wrote:

Dear SDS or any one else who reading this

I have got an idea for a curator that's not me... I think Coolscrawl should be curator because he taught me scratch and with out him I wouldn't have the pleasure of going on scratch every day. Coolscrawl is also still teaching me when we meet (He is teaching me about variables)
he also is always helping me with hard projects and giving me advice on my projects.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please think about what I have said
Yours sisterly
-UA

Thanks! :3

#5108 2012-08-11 13:09:36

UltraAdam
Scratcher

CoolScrawl wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

I have got an idea for a curator that's not me... I think Coolscrawl should be curator because he taught me scratch and with out him I wouldn't have the pleasure of going on scratch every day. Coolscrawl is also still teaching me when we meet (He is teaching me about variables)
he also is always helping me with hard projects and giving me advice on my projects.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please think about what I have said
Yours sisterly
-UA

You deserve it!  big_smile

http://i.imgur.com/oRiUo.gif

#5109 2012-08-11 14:25:19

CoolScrawl
Scratcher

UltraAdam wrote:

CoolScrawl wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

Yours sisterly
-UA

Thanks Again!  lol

#5110 2012-08-11 15:58:37

soniku3
Scratcher

Hi,i'm soniku3! I would like to be curator to bring projects to the front page who has not so much views and are good. I would not curate animation with only 2 frames or something like that.
I curate project like this:
1. It is for all ages.
2. It wasn't already famous
3. It wasn't by me
4. It hadn't already been front paged. (Excluding Newest.)
5.It deserved more views! Thanks and Scratch On!

internet's all about cats today.

#5111 2012-08-13 06:28:30

UltraAdam
Scratcher

CoolScrawl wrote:

UltraAdam wrote:

CoolScrawl wrote:

Thanks Again!  lol

No you deserve it!

http://i.imgur.com/oRiUo.gif

#5112 2012-08-13 08:15:58

Pants98
Scratcher

I want to be curator. I know a good project when I see it. I hate it when a great project is not seen.  I love projects that help make scratch a better place and tutorials.

http://i49.tinypic.com/1ig51v.gif

#5113 2012-08-13 08:59:59

xtragamerpokemaster
Scratcher

Why, all my life i wanted to be a game designer.This is my new account,but my first was when i was 6.I enjoy games that are adventurous and puzzling.CoolScrawl is one for instance, he made worm bridges to the front page 1h 32m after posted.I love games that also have mesh.My next game is scratch- mission impossible. Watch out for it October.I really like all games that are made from all ages.

#5114 2012-08-13 09:05:30

jontmy00
Scratcher

xtragamerpokemaster wrote:

Why, all my life i wanted to be a game designer.This is my new account,but my first was when i was 6.I enjoy games that are adventurous and puzzling.CoolScrawl is one for instance, he made worm bridges to the front page 1h 32m after posted.I love games that also have mesh.My next game is scratch- mission impossible. ... that are made from all ages.

What are the requirements of the curator?
•Must have the "Scratcher" status
•Must post a speech or application or whatever you want to call it in this thread
and last but not least (and actually most)...

What's your previous account?

Last edited by jontmy00 (2012-08-13 09:06:46)

FOR ALL THE NEWS ON UPDATES FOR SIMPLISTICRAFT, CLICK HERE.

#5115 2012-08-13 13:08:05

benjamin2
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator on the Scratch homepage.

I would curate projects that range from a few hours old to a few weeks old, but I will mostly curate the newer projects of less-known Scratchers. I am a particular fan of puzzle games, platformers, but I also like many projects that are not games.

I wouldn't curate projects from very well-known Scratchers, because that isn't the purpose. One, they'll get tons of views and comments anyway, and two, there'll probably end up on the front page for most viewed or most loved.

I would add a new project about 3-5 times a week and I would accept requests but they'd have to follow guidelines, such as being appropriate, having a certain number of views/love its or less, and certain facts about the scratcher (not being frontpaged recently, for example).

Please consider letting me take on this role as it would be a fun and learning experience. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/gp6tZ.gif

#5116 2012-08-13 13:35:46

googly02
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator.

Hi! I am interested in projects that are unique and different, or silly ones that make me smile. I am very in to unrecognized scratchers and people who support charities using scratch. big_smile

#5117 2012-08-13 17:56:28

zubblewu
Scratcher

Hello, I am interested in applying for curator. I discovered scratch 4 years ago, but only got back on about one year ago. I've watched the community grow, fall, and rise from the ashes. I've seen legends be made, coming out of nowhere thanks to the curator position. I would like to curate unnoticed amazing projects, which have a lot of potential. I scour newest projects a lot and have found many curateable projects in newest. I actually have a list of about 4-5 projects i would start with if I were curator.I would also curate projects that taught about something, as well as an example of what it taught. For example, I found a very interesting well thought out tutorial explaining binary. If I were curator I would likely curate that and a project the displayed and made use of binary. I hope you consider my application.

Sincerely, zubblewu. Scratch on everyone  big_smile

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#5118 2012-08-13 20:28:23

Johntheking700
Scratcher

Recommanded: I wanna be a curator!

#5119 2012-08-13 20:50:12

megamastergamer
Scratcher

Hello Scratch Team,

I am interested in applying for curator. I have had 2 of my projects curated, Math Practice +, -, x, and / and Ballo 3. I was so happy when I was curated and I would like for other people to have that feeling too. I would curate games by people that are not very known. I have seen a few exceptional games like PentagonStudios' SpaceCombat 1b2d yet it only has less than 25 views... I want more scratchers be known for the good work they have done.

Thank you,
megamastergamer

#5120 2012-08-15 08:09:47

zanni
Scratcher

I would love to become a curator because I know many great, GREAT artists who are rather unknown. Also, I would feature works that are amazing, games that are fun, primarily from less popular people. It would be an honor for me to become a Scratch Curator.

Thank You for reading this~

Zanni123

Go and eat the moon. It is not made of cheese.

#5121 2012-08-15 08:28:43

Pants98
Scratcher

Pants98 wrote:

I want to be curator. I know a good project when I see it. I hate it when a great project is not seen.  I love projects that help make scratch a better place and tutorials.

http://i49.tinypic.com/1ig51v.gif

#5122 2012-08-15 08:58:02

LiFaytheGoblin
Scratcher

Hello Scratch Team!

When I'm looking around in the "Newest Project" section on the front page, I often see great projects which I thing are deserving much more attention than four or five views. And that's the moment when I think that, after months of Scratching, helping people in the forums and writing articles for the German Scratch Wiki, I'm now ready for beeing Curator.

I'd curate projects which have good graphics (like this project) or which are simulations (like operating systems, rpgs, or this awesome but unfinished farm simulator). I'd also curate educational projects (like this one)! If I find a good project on the internationallity of Scratch, I'd also curate it.

Thank you for your attention.

Last edited by LiFaytheGoblin (2012-08-15 08:58:23)

#5123 2012-08-15 13:36:02

VirtualClown
Scratcher

Hmmm, I was curator about 8 months ago. Too early to apply again? I never saw a rule about applying twice in the OP.

zubblewu wrote:

Hello, I am interested in applying for curator. I discovered scratch 4 years ago, but only got back on about one year ago. I've watched the community grow, fall, and rise from the ashes. I've seen legends be made, coming out of nowhere thanks to the curator position. I would like to curate unnoticed amazing projects, which have a lot of potential. I scour newest projects a lot and have found many curateable projects in newest. I actually have a list of about 4-5 projects i would start with if I were curator.I would also curate projects that taught about something, as well as an example of what it taught. For example, I found a very interesting well thought out tutorial explaining binary. If I were curator I would likely curate that and a project the displayed and made use of binary. I hope you consider my application.

Sincerely, zubblewu. Scratch on everyone  big_smile

Oh, and I can't think of anyone more deserving than zubblewu to be curator, so please seriously consider him. I can't believe he hasn't been curator before.

Last edited by VirtualClown (2012-08-15 13:40:53)

#5124 2012-08-15 13:43:55

stevetheipad
Scratcher

VirtualClown wrote:

Hmmm, I was curator about 8 months ago. Too early to apply again? I never saw a rule about applying twice in the OP.

You can apply multiple times but you can't be curator more than once.  wink

http://i.imgur.com/0x8ia.jpg
gone

#5125 2012-08-15 14:01:21

BirdByte
Scratcher

VirtualClown wrote:

Lightnin states otherwise.

http://i50.tinypic.com/312u714.jpg

Board footer