This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5076 2012-08-03 18:19:01

JDProducers
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Hello, JDProducers Here  smile

I would like to become a curator on scratch because I would like to curate the projects that deserve the views. Not only the lesser known, but the projects that we're forgotten. Like the projects that didn't get views before but deserve them because the project is a good project.

I think curation is a good way to get well deserved views for those that have little. Also curating projects that help other scratchers learn about scratch and about other things. The whole purpose of scratch is to create, share, and explore right? Well I would like to help scratch do that. By getting projects their well deserved views. :3

Thank you for your time

[img]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\JDProducers Logo.BMP[/img]

#5077 2012-08-03 20:40:42

iamepic3
Scratcher

I would like to become

curator [if possible v]
The type of projects I would favorite are projects that took Scratchers some effort to make. For an example, check out 12dude80's DREAM GAME. He said it would take about a year for him to complete it. Isn't this what you could comment?
say [I sure wish I was curator =)] for (4) secs
I bet I would've commented that if I knew about curators back then.

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/iamepic3/3261501_sm.png
Fight O'Chunks in Super Mario: Dimentio's Return, Part 3

#5078 2012-08-05 15:26:53

CoolScrawl
Scratcher

(My 5th Attempt  tongue )

Hi Scratch Team, I'm CoolScrawl and I really want to be curator!  big_smile
I have been Scrathin for 6 months now and I know lots about curating because two of my projects have been curated.

These are some examples of projects I would curate:
Click Here!

I would curate a project if:
1. It wasn't violent at all
2. It wasn't already famous
3. It wasn't by me
4. It hadn't already been front paged. (Excluding Newest.)

I'd really like to be curator... So please choose me!

-CoolScrawl  lol

http://i.imgur.com/sFkNT3c.gif

#5079 2012-08-05 15:43:12

ilackoriginality
Scratcher

2nd attempt

I would like to become a curator. To improve my chances of attaining this elite rank in the Scratch hierarchy I will like to state that I have better judgment than everyone else, henceforth indirectly implying the inferiority of other people's judgment.

I promise to infect Scratch with tons of stickman projects. There will be so many that your creativity will implode. I will promise to make sure none of the projects are opinionated so nobody gets offended.

Thanks.

#5080 2012-08-05 16:02:08

777w
Scratcher

ilackoriginality is good troll

#5081 2012-08-05 16:15:20

AgentRoop
Scratcher

777w wrote:

ilackoriginality is good troll

lol!

La La
I wrote an album.

#5082 2012-08-05 16:17:17

ilackoriginality
Scratcher

I was being serious  sad

#5083 2012-08-06 03:24:02

UltraAdam
Scratcher

(My 4th attempt)
I really want to be a curator on the scratch home page.
My reasons:
1:I hate it when good games aren't noticed by the scratch community 
2: I wouldn't curate any violent projects or any with blood of fighting
3: I would help beginners become scratchers
4: I would not curate and projects with 50 love-its or 100 views

The projects I would curate http://scratch.mit.edu/galleries/view/169954

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Last edited by UltraAdam (2012-08-06 03:27:32)

http://i.imgur.com/oRiUo.gif

#5084 2012-08-06 13:26:05

JhonnyD
Scratcher

hi paddle2see!

http://images.brickset.net/wallpaper/Bionicle%20(2003,%20Toa%20Nuva)/toa_nuva_all1-1280.jpgBionicle shall live in our hearts forever

#5085 2012-08-06 15:36:09

soraandsonic
Scratcher

Hello, im soraandsonic and I want to be the next curator on the website because one of my friends, infinityblade23 http://scratch.mit.edu/users/infinityblade23 does the best drawings ive seen but never gets view except on one of his project which got hate comments from people and made him sad. Ive seen other people who are good and get nothing back and that is want makes me deviated, so now those people can show what they got and that's why I, soraandsonic wants to be your next curator.

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/soraandsonic/2309546
Look at this!

#5086 2012-08-06 17:42:13

pikachu210
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator. I love any kind of project. I haven't seen one I didn't like. Any anime related projects such as dragon ball z, inuyasha, or fullmetal alchemist are my favorites.  I have my own series on my page. http://scratch.mit.edu/galleries/view/169888
I support any kind of project. The violent ones however, they're ok,depending how much violence there is.  I especially love comedy projects. If I was the scratch curator, I would pick the projects people love the most. Not just me, but what the scratchers like. I support scratch 100%. Scratch forever!!!

get that corn outta my face!!!!

#5087 2012-08-07 00:48:42

RoyalHi5
Scratcher

First I just want to say to all who are reading this: Thank you for taking the time to read it!  smile  To me the Curators are awesome because it shows you games, vids, or art that you maybe haven't seen yet and each Curator's gallery pretty much has it's own theme and most of the time I love the theme so it's really cool to have a gallery of projects that are perfect for you and you get to learn a thing or two from it! I want to be a Curator sooo badly! I love all sorts of games and art but the projects I would show are storys. Story's that are brought to life a little bit. People say to me "Any story that's brought to life is called a movie" so let me make this clear, story's can be brought to life with out it being a movie. For example: your reading a story while listening to music that matches the style and atmosphere of what you're reading then there's an illustration next to each page. The illustration starts moving, sort of acting out what your reading.  I think it's really amazing to be able to read and still get the image and sound of what your reading because in movies you don't get the detail you find in books and a lot of the time when you're reading you're getting to see from the charactors perspective more clearly and easily especially if the main charactor is narrating it because then your pratically in their head, and it's more mesmorizing. So it's different from a movie and it's not just boring old reading either. The projects that I've been talking about don't get many veiws so this would help them get noticed. Please take what I said into consideration, it would mean a lot!

-RoyalHi5

http://data.whicdn.com/images/36639937/air-monochrome-air-angel-anime-black-boy-cute-girl-kamio-musuzu-kunisaki-yukito-monochrome-wings-anime-499x311_large.jpg Think of what could be; not of what is

#5088 2012-08-07 02:07:56

pinnipediator
Scratcher

I'd like to curate. I don't mind if i don't, i don't   mind if i have to wait ages, and i won't come back asking.
I have seen so many awesome projects when browsing scratch, i have seen so many feats in programming, like 30 level games with 0 anythings.
I want to raise that 0. If i was curator for only one day, i wouldn't mind- because they're not my projects, it's the creators that will thank me. There are so many people who left scratch because they just aren't noticed. I might encourage them.

#5089 2012-08-07 12:43:26

mintfang
Scratcher

Well, i would really like to be a curator. Im probly too new, though.

http://i33.tinypic.com/25p1rw6.png

#5090 2012-08-07 12:48:10

ilackoriginality
Scratcher

3rd attempt

blablablablabalbalalaalbalablabalba make me curator

#5091 2012-08-07 13:14:17

ExtremelyGamer
Scratcher

ilackoriginality wrote:

2nd attempt

I would like to become a curator. To improve my chances of attaining this elite rank in the Scratch hierarchy I will like to state that I have better judgment than everyone else, henceforth indirectly implying the inferiority of other people's judgment.

I promise to infect Scratch with tons of stickman projects. There will be so many that your creativity will implode. I will promise to make sure none of the projects are opinionated so nobody gets offended.

Thanks.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/That_6934bd_864413.jpg

Last edited by ExtremelyGamer (2012-08-07 13:15:35)

"Submarines are like water like underwater airplanes" O_o

#5092 2012-08-07 13:39:15

humhumgames
Scratcher

RoyalHi5 wrote:

First I just want to say to all who are reading this: Thank you for taking the time to read it!  smile  To me the Curators are awesome because it shows you games, vids, or art that you maybe haven't seen yet and each Curator's gallery pretty much has it's own theme and most of the time I love the theme so it's really cool to have a gallery of projects that are perfect for you and you get to learn a thing or two from it! I want to be a Curator sooo badly! I love all sorts of games and art but the projects I would show are storys. Story's that are brought to life a little bit. People say to me "Any story that's brought to life is called a movie" so let me make this clear, story's can be brought to life with out it being a movie. For example: your reading a story while listening to music that matches the style and atmosphere of what you're reading then there's an illustration next to each page. The illustration starts moving, sort of acting out what your reading.  I think it's really amazing to be able to read and still get the image and sound of what your reading because in movies you don't get the detail you find in books and a lot of the time when you're reading you're getting to see from the charactors perspective more clearly and easily especially if the main charactor is narrating it because then your pratically in their head, and it's more mesmorizing. So it's different from a movie and it's not just boring old reading either. The projects that I've been talking about don't get many veiws so this would help them get noticed. Please take what I said into consideration, it would mean a lot!

-RoyalHi5

Great Speech!  big_smile   big_smile  But to be a curator, you have to become a Scratcher first. Right now, you're a new scratcher. To become a normal Scratcher, you need to

1) Have enough projects
2) Have been on Scratch for a month
3) I think that's it.

But, when you do, I think you'd make a great curator!

#5093 2012-08-07 13:41:39

ilackoriginality
Scratcher

ExtremelyGamer wrote:

ilackoriginality wrote:

2nd attempt

Thanks.

Wow you're so funny!

#5094 2012-08-07 17:50:40

777w
Scratcher

ExtremelyGamer wrote:

ilackoriginality wrote:

2nd attempt

Thanks.

all i see when i click the link is funnyjunk huh what

#5095 2012-08-07 17:55:55

RedRocker227
Scratcher

JhonnyD wrote:

hi paddle2see!

...?

humhumgames wrote:

RoyalHi5 wrote:

-RoyalHi5

Great Speech!  big_smile   big_smile  But to be a curator, you have to become a Scratcher first. Right now, you're a new scratcher. To become a normal Scratcher, you need to

1) Have enough projects
2) Have been on Scratch for a month
3) I think that's it.

But, when you do, I think you'd make a great curator!

Actually anyone can be curator.

Why

#5096 2012-08-07 18:10:33

Lunastar-
Scratcher

RedRocker227 wrote:

Actually anyone can be curator.

Err.. no.. You have to be a Scratcher to become a curator. If I wasn't a scratcher I wouldn't have been a curator, same with YoshiBoy, NeilWest, cheddargirl, VanillaCreme, etc..

L- Lunatic is my second middle name. | U- unique | N- Night has stars and "los lunas" in it.  wink  | A- awesomeful | S- Super punny|
T- Three-time curated, once featured | A- Awesomest. curator. EVER!!!! (woo hoo) | R- Rainbows rule, peoples!

#5097 2012-08-07 20:55:44

littlecat1111
Scratcher

I love little animations, so If I were to be picked as The Scratch Curator, I would be curating animation/shows. I also like simulations and those games that are like virtual worlds. One of my favorites is Kitty Breakfast Time, which is an animation. It tells the tale of a person trying to eat breakfast, but continously stopping to pick up the cat and set it on the floor.
http://www.scratch.mit.edu/projects/flu … 01/2601106
Another favorite of mine is puptropica, which is a virtual world with dogs  smile
http://www.scratch.mit.edu/projects/Jasmidge/1950706

Thank you!

#5098 2012-08-08 19:59:26

jackajacka
Scratcher

Hello. I would love to be a curator. Currently I have 2 projects that have been curated, RAZOR and Revolution. I loved the feeling I got when the curator said that they would curate it. I would love to share that feeling too. My favorite types of projects are games. I like animations too though. My favorite game on scratch of all time is Spectrum by Wes64. He spent 120+ hours on it and it really shows. I really like it when people spend there free time to make scratch projects. I would curate projects that I felt are "under viewed" and original.

Thanks for looking!

-JackaJacka

http://i.imgur.com/P6ZJ7.png

#5099 2012-08-09 01:35:02

UltraAdam
Scratcher

Dear SDS or any one else who reading this

I have got an idea for a curator that's not me... I think Coolscrawl should be curator because he taught me scratch and with out him I wouldn't have the pleasure of going on scratch every day. Coolscrawl is also still teaching me when we meet (He is teaching me about variables)
he also is always helping me with hard projects and giving me advice on my projects.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please think about what I have said
Yours sisterly
-UA

http://i.imgur.com/oRiUo.gif

#5100 2012-08-10 02:27:23

chanmanpartyman
Scratcher

CoolScrawl wrote:

(My 5th Attempt  tongue )

Hi Scratch Team, I'm CoolScrawl and I really want to be curator!  big_smile
I have been Scrathin for 6 months now and I know lots about curating because two of my projects have been curated.

These are some examples of projects I would curate:
Click Here!

I would curate a project if:
1. It wasn't violent at all
2. It wasn't already famous
3. It wasn't by me
4. It hadn't already been front paged. (Excluding Newest.)

I'd really like to be curator... So please choose me!

-CoolScrawl  lol

You shouldn't campaign five times. I only posted mine twice because I couldn't find the older post, and I ended up a curator. It takes like three months, you just have to be patient.

Board footer