This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#7776 2012-07-27 07:42:47

werdna123
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

I'd also like to say that with exp grinders you don't need to stand afk for ages. I have a fairly efficient one which after 15 minutes or so you can get a few stacks of arrows and bones. And since I live entirely underground, I can mine and improve my house and stuff near enough to the spawner that it keeps working.

#7777 2012-07-27 08:31:24

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

bluecat600 wrote:

i went into the nether, and there were 3 ghasts and i burnt to death in lava

Welcome to The Nether. :3

Does anyone have any.. oh.. inspiring ideas? In a game where you can do anything, I'm drawing a blank about what I should do.

...And I fail at redstone.

#7778 2012-07-27 08:38:27

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

Cozyhut3 wrote:

bluecat600 wrote:

Does anyone have any.. oh.. inspiring ideas? In a game where you can do anything, I'm drawing a blank about what I should do.

Make a city perhaps? A scale model of the Empire state building? The Pyramids? All of the above?

Why are the secret organizations getting all the attention?  mad

#7779 2012-07-27 09:03:11

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

Cozyhut3 wrote:

bluecat600 wrote:

Make a city perhaps? A scale model of the Empire state building? The Pyramids? All of the above?

Good point. Oh wait a minute... I'll make a platformer! In 3D!

#7780 2012-07-27 09:11:53

catfan8
Scratcher

Cozyhut3 wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Cozyhut3 wrote:

Better idea, make a redstone computer that can play minecraft  tongue

http://mag.racked.eu/cimage/i9002/Sword-In-Back+get%21/HEROBRINE+Y+U+NO+EXIST/mca.png

#7781 2012-07-27 09:27:12

geohendan
Scratcher

I was messing around with endermen on creative mode. I hit one of them but he didn't start attacking me, his mouth just stayed open  tongue

Another time an endermen was holding a rose... and I killed it...

Scratching that nasty wart on my back since 2009!
http://i.imgur.com/OzpGtWV.jpg

#7782 2012-07-27 09:42:34

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

Easy way to earn stuff on servers:

Ask people for their extra cobble/access to their cobble stash (as long as you don't take more than 10 chests).

Smelt this cobble with the charcoal in your tree farm

Sell it back to them as stone bricks.

Most of these people are unaware you're earning free money. You can also do this with your own cobblestone stash. Make sure you leave half of it smoothstone, in case people want to buy that.

Oh, and if they're making a castle, they'll love you for selling them 10 large chests full of the stuff.

I got paid a diamond block for every large chest I got the guy. He's building a castle, so he needs a lot of it.

I have access to his cobble stash and his 500+ furnace room (as long as I use my own fuel).

I have 14 sets of diamond tools (except diamond farming tools, which are useless).

Last edited by G0D_M0D3 (2012-07-27 09:48:35)

I made a MC texture pack! Get it at planetminecraft!
http://i.imgur.com/0EG0u.png

#7783 2012-07-27 09:53:42

backspace_
Scratcher

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

Easy way to earn stuff on servers:

Ask people for their extra cobble/access to their cobble stash (as long as you don't take more than 10 chests).

Smelt this cobble with the charcoal in your tree farm

Sell it back to them as stone bricks.

Most of these people are unaware you're earning free money. You can also do this with your own cobblestone stash. Make sure you leave half of it smoothstone, in case people want to buy that.

Oh, and if they're making a castle, they'll love you for selling them 10 large chests full of the stuff.

I got paid a diamond block for every large chest I got the guy. He's building a castle, so he needs a lot of it.

I have access to his cobble stash and his 500+ furnace room (as long as I use my own fuel).

I have 14 sets of diamond tools (except diamond farming tools, which are useless).

I love stone brick, but it takes forever to mine, then smelt, then place, especially if I'm constructing a chateau like I normally do :p

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#7784 2012-07-27 10:44:44

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

I have to see what a nether fortress looks like. I feel like I'm staring one in the face.

EDIT: I'M STARING ONE IN THE FACE!

Last edited by Cozyhut3 (2012-07-27 10:46:05)

#7785 2012-07-27 13:58:23

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

Cozyhut3 wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Cozyhut3 wrote:

Cool!

Why didn't I think of that....

Why are the secret organizations getting all the attention?  mad

#7786 2012-07-27 15:44:31

Animeboy975
Scratcher

How do i get a Adventure map for a mac? I have Leapord, btw.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#7787 2012-07-27 15:59:43

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

I just got my first save ever back.

Actually, two of my first saves.

Memories...

I made a MC texture pack! Get it at planetminecraft!
http://i.imgur.com/0EG0u.png

#7788 2012-07-27 18:05:31

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

Cozyhut3 wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Cool!

Why didn't I think of that....

Actually, I ended up making a waterfall pool. It has a piston door leading into a main room, and if you walk through the hallway and through the waterfall, you're in the pool. The pool is one and a half blocks deep.

#7789 2012-07-27 20:44:21

samtwheels
Scratcher

I am making a redstone internet, completely vanilla. It will support up to 16 IPs, and can save data to servers. I was inspired by something I saw on the MC forums and something in the Tekkit topic, but I'm going about it differently.

#7790 2012-07-27 21:08:23

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

samtwheels wrote:

I am making a redstone internet, completely vanilla. It will support up to 16 IPs, and can save data to servers. I was inspired by something I saw on the MC forums and something in the Tekkit topic, but I'm going about it differently.

*dies from impossibility*

#7791 2012-07-27 21:10:38

samtwheels
Scratcher

Cozyhut3 wrote:

samtwheels wrote:

I think it's more likely that you would never have been born, due to time being messed up by the impossibility.

#7792 2012-07-27 21:11:10

nathanprocks
Scratcher

samtwheels wrote:

Lol my Tekkit topic? The AwesomeNet?

http://carrot.cassiedragonandfriends.org/Scratch_Signature/randomsig.php
http://trinary.site40.net/images/scratchrank.php?username=nathanprocks&display=small

#7793 2012-07-27 21:17:24

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Cozyhut3 wrote:

samtwheels wrote:

Well it wouldn't function near as well as the actual thing but I'm guessing it will be something like:
Screen:
C C C C
C  X   C
C  X   C
C C C C

C-Solid Block
X-Redstone Lamp
Each symbol = 4 times what's shown.

The user has a different console he can use to set his combination (are certain lights on or off) then it will be sent off to a central area of his IP, and sent to all the other computers where their lights match his input.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#7794 2012-07-27 21:23:53

samtwheels
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Cozyhut3 wrote:

samtwheels wrote:

Well it wouldn't function near as well as the actual thing but I'm guessing it will be something like:
Screen:
C C C C
C  X   C
C  X   C
C C C C

C-Solid Block
X-Redstone Lamp

The user has a different console he can use to set his combination (are certain lights on or off) then it will be sent off to a central area of his IP, and sent to all the other computers where their lights match his input.

Nope. It's like the real internet, not a simple little thing like that.

#7795 2012-07-27 21:34:02

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

samtwheels wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Cozyhut3 wrote:

Screen:
C C C C
C  X   C
C  X   C
C C C C

C-Solid Block
X-Redstone Lamp

#7796 2012-07-28 01:09:06

Cassiedragon
Scratcher

Does anyone here lag a lot? Because even if you don't, you should update your graphics drivers.  yikes  Even though mine were 202 mbs, it was still worth it!
I went from Short/Tiny render with Fast and no smooth lighting, with 10-35 fps, to Far/Normal render, Fancy graphics and smooth lighting. Same fps.

But, now Optifine makes chunks randomly flash. It's really annoying.  hmm  I can live without Optifine with this fps, but I still want it. Yes, Advanced OpenGL (or something...) is off. Any solutions?

Oh, and, how do you do dirt? I'm trying to make a texture pack, but I just can't make dirt look good.  hmm

http://imghosting.cassiedragonandfriends.org/cassiedragonsiggy.gif

#7797 2012-07-28 05:24:03

nathanprocks
Scratcher

Cassiedragon wrote:

Does anyone here lag a lot? Because even if you don't, you should update your graphics drivers.  yikes  Even though mine were 202 mbs, it was still worth it!
I went from Short/Tiny render with Fast and no smooth lighting, with 10-35 fps, to Far/Normal render, Fancy graphics and smooth lighting. Same fps.

But, now Optifine makes chunks randomly flash. It's really annoying.  hmm  I can live without Optifine with this fps, but I still want it. Yes, Advanced OpenGL (or something...) is off. Any solutions?

Oh, and, how do you do dirt? I'm trying to make a texture pack, but I just can't make dirt look good.  hmm

Have you tried going outside and looking at the dirt?  tongue

http://carrot.cassiedragonandfriends.org/Scratch_Signature/randomsig.php
http://trinary.site40.net/images/scratchrank.php?username=nathanprocks&display=small

#7798 2012-07-28 07:41:08

werdna123
Scratcher

samtwheels wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Cozyhut3 wrote:

Screen:
C C C C
C  X   C
C  X   C
C C C C

C-Solid Block
X-Redstone Lamp

Have fun with that.

#7799 2012-07-28 10:32:13

soupoftomato
Scratcher

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#7800 2012-07-28 11:20:25

werdna123
Scratcher

I liked,

"Also, as a fun side fact, it means every character and animal in Minecraft is homosexual because there’s only one gender to choose from. Take THAT, homophobes!"

Board footer