This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5051 2012-07-22 13:59:13

ExtremelyGamer
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

VanillaCreme wrote:

Not only explain, but you need to tell Scratch why you want to be curator and What you would curate and How you would benefit scratch.

Yeah, I didn't feel like saying the same thing thrice.

"Submarines are like water like underwater airplanes" O_o

#5052 2012-07-23 06:59:57

UltraAdam
Scratcher

Dear SDS
I would love to be a curator on the scratch home page because
I would only curate non-famous projects. I wouldn't curate any projects with blood, guns or any kind of violence. I will only curate projects that have under 50 love-its. I will only curate projects that haven't been on the front page (but they should have been)
Just in case your still questioning my points look at this gallery to see what I would curate! http://scratch.mit.edu/galleries/view/169954

Your sisterly
-Ultraadam

http://i.imgur.com/oRiUo.gif

#5053 2012-07-23 19:11:38

WOLFLOVER458
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator......I am a fairly good artist and great writer.

Hug yourself! You know your great, you know your amazing! You know it, so HUG YOURSELF! o^.^o

#5054 2012-07-24 18:17:07

moo_says_cow
Scratcher

I'd like to be a curator. Projects I would curate would be ones that make you question how the creator made them, projects that teach you to do stuff on Scratch. For instance, a project that teaches you to make a turbo mode detector, and stuff like that.  smile  And fun games, of course!

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
Dr. Seuss

#5055 2012-07-24 23:42:04

lhlien
Scratcher

Okay. I'm ready to post another one of my speeches.
*Ahem*

Lets start with myself. I've been on SCRATCH for 7 months now, and it's my favorite hobby. I was getting sick of my old hobby, so I found SCRATCH. Now I LOVE it. It's a great way for anyone to express their creativity to the public.

I've noticed something weird about SCRATCH. It only seems the people who are famous stay famous. A good example refers to a soccer (football) tournament. Only the people who are good move on. The losing side, well, pretty much loses all hope. They can never get better.

Back to SCRATCH. I've gotten my project curated a couple months ago, and I had hope again. Curation is a way to instantly get "famous". I enjoy lots of projects. If I get chosen as a curator, I will curate projects that are:
-funny
-show creativity
-have advanced scripting
-appropriate for all ages
and
-have under 50 views and 10 love its.

From past curators, I've heard they've gotten boring comments like: Can you curate ______? I will check them out, but not for certain unless they follow the above criteria.

Hope I become curator and SCRATCH On!  smile

http://s1162.beta.photobucket.com/user/Victini999/media/e350abb2.png.html

#5056 2012-07-26 07:21:05

Jenncat
Scratcher

If I was the curator I would try and add projects with very good art, as it is hardly ever seen on the front page unless it is a colouring contest, or stick man art, and I think there are many talented artists out in the scratch community that deserve recognition. Also I would try and choose projects that have less than 7 love-its and less than 30 views, so don't get  much of a chance to be under the most viewed/loved sections.

Last edited by Jenncat (2012-07-26 07:23:01)

"So how do we tell whether she is made of wood?" "Build a bridge out of her!" "Ah, but can you not also make bridges out of stone?"

#5057 2012-07-26 19:40:56

Furybird
Scratcher

Can I be a curator?There's a lot of cool, little-known projects that should be featured

[scratchblocks]Check out my account!!!/scratchblocks]

Last edited by Furybird (2012-07-26 19:42:04)

http://i46.tinypic.com/2lnh8qd.png

#5058 2012-07-26 21:40:39

infinityblade23
Scratcher

Hi I'm infinityblade23 and I want to be a curator on scratch and this is why.

I think I should be curator because I am nice and kind to other scratchers and adding them to my friends list. Once someone was sad on scratch and I made that person real happy.

If I get curator, you made a smart decision.

#5059 2012-07-27 21:55:11

XenoK
Scratcher

I would love to become curator.  It would be a wonderful experience.  The projects that I would choose would most likely be made from a scratch company or collaboration, because I believe that they have played, and still do, a major role in the scratch community.  They are what truly deserve to be chosen on the front page, in my opinion.

Eternity Tasks has launched into Alpha One! http://tasks.eternityincurakai.com/EI%20projects.png

#5060 2012-07-27 22:45:46

coolhogs
Scratcher

Hi, I'm coolhogs. You might know me from these forums or from the main site. But the main thing here is that I, coolhogs, would be glad to take the position of curator.

I see many things here that are impressive, but have little views. Just take a look at my favorites page. That's why I would only curate projects with only 30 views or less.

I'd curate platformers. Why? Well, my first project, and the first project I viewed on here were both platformers. It's also exciting to explore different levels straight from the author's creativity. I'd curate platformers of all kinds, neon, blue, wall-jumping, etc.

I also would curate paint editors. Why? Well, they inspire creativity for all. You can paint, draw, erase on them. I'd also curate text editors, for the same reasons above: they inspire creativity.

Thanks!

Get ready for domination of:  tongue

#5061 2012-07-28 08:14:33

td76
Scratcher

I'd like to become curator. Why? Here's why:

I have seen previous curators before curate reasonable projects.
What I would Curate: Projects that are really good, or deserve to be curated but haven't been.

If you choose me as curator, Thank You. It would be my pleasure.

#5062 2012-07-28 08:19:05

ExtremelyGamer
Scratcher

XenoK wrote:

I would love to become curator.  It would be a wonderful experience.  The projects that I would choose would most likely be made from a scratch company or collaboration, because I believe that they have played, and still do, a major role in the scratch community.  They are what truly deserve to be chosen on the front page, in my opinion.

and will not curate them because I am in the collab  hmm

#5063 2012-07-28 10:43:35

taylorswift1321
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator because all the time I see projects that I think are great but have barely any views. I can favorite them, but no one really notices it. I think a lot more projects deserve to get front paged.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2lxea91.png

#5064 2012-07-28 23:22:51

humhumgames
Scratcher

Dear Scratch Team,

After a lot of thought,  I have decided to try for the curator position. I understand this is an important role with certain responsibilities, but I think I'm ready to take it on.

In my view, the Scratch Community is about sharing ideas,  creating new things, and working together. I believe being a curator highlights these qualities.

I have a thread that features projects, to hopefully prepare me to be a curator (Here it is, if you're interested). Also, I am the head of two different Scratch Collaborations, so I know about sharing, and the responsibilities of this. If I were a curator, I would think long and hard about the projects I would choose. Most speeches say that they would curate projects that have under  Enter Amount here love-its and Enter amount here views. I believe different.

My thoughts about Scratch have changed ever since I was featured (Thank you, Scratch Team!). I had finally felt what it was like to share and give feedback on projects with lots of originality and hard work. My project had 150 views when it was front-paged, but it didn't matter. I believe that if I see a project worthy of being curated, I would curate it. But, of course, not a project that would already have 500+ views (in my mind, it was as known as already being front-paged).

I have looked at my favorites, and it seems I like unique projects. Ones that are totally original, ones that show what Scratch is really capable of. Ever since I joined Scratch, I have been thinking hard about the types of projects I would favorite, long before I had even considered being a curator. Thank you for considering me, I know this is a big thing. If you would like to see the kind of projects I would curate, please check out my favorites.

(~HumHumGames~)

Last edited by humhumgames (2012-07-29 14:54:17)

#5065 2012-07-28 23:53:25

XenoK
Scratcher

ExtremelyGamer wrote:

XenoK wrote:

and will not curate them because I am in the collab :/

what?  I meant other than mine.

Eternity Tasks has launched into Alpha One! http://tasks.eternityincurakai.com/EI%20projects.png

#5066 2012-07-29 02:29:39

ExtremelyGamer
Scratcher

XenoK wrote:

ExtremelyGamer wrote:

XenoK wrote:

I was just joking! I think you and humhumgames should become curators!

Last edited by ExtremelyGamer (2012-07-29 02:30:04)

#5067 2012-07-29 12:15:52

sochen
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator, look at my projects and decide. How do i find if i became curator or not?

#5068 2012-07-29 14:25:30

legobob23o
Scratcher

Just so you would understand, I would like to be a curator on the Scratch homepage. I thought of displaying projects that help keep Scratch and other websites safe. Like here's one:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Friezeshrew/2274930

#5069 2012-07-31 13:25:08

humhumgames
Scratcher

ExtremelyGamer wrote:

XenoK wrote:

ExtremelyGamer wrote:

I hope so. I've been thinking about it for a long time.

#5070 2012-07-31 13:31:14

ExtremelyGamer
Scratcher

humhumgames wrote:

ExtremelyGamer wrote:

XenoK wrote:

I hope so. I've been thinking about it for a long time.

Me too.

#5071 2012-08-01 06:50:10

mariobro57
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator to get Domino19 and spryisaac's project(s) popular.

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/1305878_med.png?t=2012-07-30+14%3A57%3A28
spryisaac's icon

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/1297106_med.png?t=2012-07-17+07%3A36%3A15
Domino19's icon

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu227/5ant1ag0/tumblr_m0obmb1lW51rrqkido1_500.gif -mariobro57 http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=mariobro57&action=onlineStatus http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=mariobro57&action=onlineStatus&type=text

#5072 2012-08-01 13:25:08

PR0G4M3R4563
Scratcher

I've got a lot of notes in most of my projects, aat least 2-3 paragraphs.

All my comments are insanly nice to people's projects. I'll uselly delete the spam I see. I can seem to be what a moderator does for some reason. It's like I got their jobs, which is very pleasent to me:)

I always greet my-self to the new scratchers when I see a new/first project. I always give credit to people's stuff I use.

Ofcoarse, as a good person, I'm VERY honest:)I'm very interested in becoming curator.

I scincerly hope I could be a curator, starting Augest 13th...

#5073 2012-08-02 09:12:31

benjamin2
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator on the Scratch homepage.

I would curate projects that range from a few hours old to a few weeks old, but I will mostly curate the newer projects of less-known Scratchers. I am a particular fan of puzzle games, platformers, but I also like many projects that are not games.

I wouldn't curate projects from very well-known Scratchers, because that isn't the purpose. One, they'll get tons of views and comments anyway, and two, there'll probably end up on the front page for most viewed or most loved.

I would add a new project about 3-5 times a week and I would accept requests but they'd have to follow guidelines, such as being appropriate, having a certain number of views/love its or less, and certain facts about the scratcher (not being frontpaged recently, for example).

Please consider letting me take on this role as it would be a fun and learning experience. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/gp6tZ.gif

#5074 2012-08-02 11:48:25

thenatashas
Scratcher

I like this idea a lot, especially since it gives opportunities to the community to share their opinion. I would like to become a curator because some people have great projects that no one discovers and brings out and I would like to be able to do that. Another reason I want to be curator is so I can choose games that will give a good impression to people who want to start Scratch. In fact the reason why I downloaded Scratch was because the projects on the first page made a big impression on me and I thought, "I want to do this to!" So becoming a curator would contribute in that sense. I love level games and action games. I also like games where you compete against another player and puzzles that make my head throb.  tongue  Well I hope this is what you need to know.... smile   smile   smile   <switch to costume[ curator maybe!

Last edited by thenatashas (2012-08-02 11:51:43)

#5075 2012-08-03 16:49:18

angelica101
Scratcher

^Commercial Spam^

Anyways, it's been a while since I've asked to be curator. I'm an SDS curator, and I check scratch every day. I always reload the front page for any good creations on recent projects. There are some GREAT projects that only get about 15 views that deserve more. So I'd LOVE to be a curator!

Thanks,

Angelica

Help with music please!|Nate, new OC! Bye 1.4... We'll miss you! http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/298/4/4/44c5a8acdd0f4bf07c2c5b86371ccfd3-d5ivtt4.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/24xf442.png

Board footer