This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#7176 2012-06-27 13:27:50

werdna123
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

Just finished a really awesome 24 player hunger games on minecraft.  big_smile

About 20/24 ran for the cornucopia. I didn't. Instead, I hid in the woods surrounding it and looked for targets. Preferably people with armour but no swords. I saw someone with nearly full leather armour and attacked and killed him. With my new armour I felt more confident, and decided to go for a sword. I killed someone with a wooden sword and some food soon after and got even more confident. A few minutes later I saw someone with some leather armour and an iron sword. I waited for my chance, saw his back turn, sniped him from a tree above and jumped down to finish the kill. So I now had 3 kills, leather armour and an iron sword. It's not uncommon to have a lot of deaths at the start, before people spread out. I think there were about 15 deaths this time, which was quite a lot. People tend to fight at the beginning because otherwise they'll spend ages hunting people down.

About 10 minutes later I see someone across a lake. We look at each other for a while before he runs into the forest. When I get to where he is I can't find any sign of him, except a few saplings on the ground. (He'd been chopping down a tree).

About 5 minutes after that I see someone up on a tree in a town park. I shoot at him a few times and eventually I knock him off and almost dies. He uses an ender pearl to escape, but the damage he took from it killed him. I go looking for his stuff and on the way I see someone looking around form the top of a ruined tower. He doesn't have as good armour as me so I decide to go up. On the way up I see another guy with no armour also climbing up. I kill him quickly and continue on. 5 kills from me, and 5/24 remaining. When I finally get up onto the roof I just manage to see the guy jump from the tower. At first I think it's an accident then I see he landed in some water. I jump down behind him and get him by surprise. 6 kills from me, (:D) and 4/24.

I then head back to the centre and look around for movement. On the way there another person dies. 3/24 remain. After about 2 minutes or so I see someone in the distance. But on the way to them they die somehow. O.o

So one person left. I spend literally about 20 minutes searching for him, and eventually I find him. He was afk in a hole. >.> Well, I kill him and win.  big_smile

7 kills, that's over a quarter of the players. O.o

#7177 2012-06-27 14:25:26

slinger
Scratcher

Wow, nice!

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#7178 2012-06-27 14:29:28

SJRCS_011
Scratcher

slinger wrote:

Wow, nice!

yeah  tongue
Werd = PVP/HG Expert

http://i.imgur.com/vQqtH.png
Learning to Program in a Nutshell:  "You're missing a closing parentheses" - LS97

#7179 2012-06-27 14:42:22

werdna123
Scratcher

SJRCS_011 wrote:

slinger wrote:

Wow, nice!

yeah  tongue
Werd = PVP/HG Expert

:3 Thanks. You learn a lot from Hunger Games servers. xP

#7180 2012-06-27 14:44:20

werdna123
Scratcher

I'm thinking of making an in-depth guide to mob fighting with pictures and info. on each mob. Should I?

#7181 2012-06-27 14:49:17

Bklecka
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

I'm thinking of making an in-depth guide to mob fighting with pictures and info. on each mob. Should I?

plus ifo on general pvp  big_smile

http://i48.tinypic.com/106ijc9.jpg

#7182 2012-06-27 14:49:18

slinger
Scratcher

Go ahead!

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#7183 2012-06-27 14:53:08

werdna123
Scratcher

Bklecka wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

Look on the last page. :]

#7184 2012-06-27 15:43:41

werdna123
Scratcher

Guide to Minecraft Mob Fighting

Intro
There are 13 monsters in Minecraft, discluding the Ender Dragon and angry wolves. I'll put them into two sections, Nether mobs and normal mobs.

Normal World

Zombies

Health: 20HP (10 hearts)
Damage: Easy: 5HP (2.5 hearts) Normal: 6HP (3 hearts) Hard: 8HP (4 hearts)
Drops: 0-2 zombie flesh
Rare Drops: Iron shovel, iron helmet, iron sword, iron ingot

Zombies are probably the easiest mob to kill in the game. I did a quick test and managed to kill 10 zombies taking only one hit with no armour and only my fists. You don't need skill with zombies, unless there are lots of them in different positions. I recommend using a stone or iron sword on them, as they are so easy to kill you may not want to waste diamond on them. The tactic is simply stay at least a block away from them and jump and hit and walk backwards while they follow you. Keep an eye on your back though. The first time I tested out the 10 zombie swarm I jumped backwards into a creeper and almost died. If there are multiple in different areas draw them together into one main swarm. This way they will walk together and you don't need to worry about them coming from different angles. You can outrun zombies if necessary, as they are very slow.

Skeleton

Health: 20HP (10 hearts)
Damage: Easy: 2HP (1 heart) Normal: 3-4HP (1.5-2 hearts) Hard: 4-6HP (2-3 hearts)
Drops: 0-2 arrows + 0-2 bones
Rare drops: Bow, Power I bow, Punch I bow, Power I - Punch I bow

Skeletons are one of the harder mobs in Minecraft, with the ability to shoot arrows. But they are also very useful as they have some of the best drops. Skeletons shoot where you are standing so if you keep moving they won't shoot you. But if you run straight at them they'll get a direct hit knocking you back and ending your sprint if you are sprinting. The best tactic is to use a bow on them while they don't see you. Mobs tend to stand around, surveying the landscape then moving somewhere else and repeating. Try and shoot them while they're standing still. If they do see you though you can shoot them before they get close enough to shoot. If you don't have a bow or don't want to use it then an iron sword will do fine. Face them, then turn about 45 degrees to one side and sprint that way. Straight after they've shot their first arrow there will be a delay before the next. This is your chance. Run straight at them and get a few hits. Once you've got there you could circle them so they don't shoot you. But if you're too close you won't be close enough, so you could always just let one arrow hit as it does minor damage. If you encounter a group of skeletons then a nice tactic is to get one to shoot the other by accident which causes them to fight. To do this stand so that there is a skeleton between you and another skeleton and stand still (note that you will probably take damage from the middle skeleton though) If they start fighting you will have disposed of 2 skeletons for a while, and the survivor will have very low health. It's also pretty fun to watch. If you want to be ready to kill the winner then the chances are the winner will be the one who got the first shot so stand beside that one. You can outrun skeletons too, as they are also slower than you.

Spiders

Health: 16HP (8 hearts)
Damage: Easy+Normal: 2HP (1 heart) Hard: 3HP (1.5 hearts)
Drops: 0-2 string
Rare drops: Spider eye [Not sure if this is actually a rare drop, but it seems fairly rare to me so I'll put it as one]

Spiders are a fairly hard mob, as they jump and can climb walls. Your best bet for fighting them is to hit as though you were hitting a zombies head. This is because that's the sort of height they will jump to so allows you to knock them away from the attack. If you want to take no damage at all I recommend iron/diamond swords or a bow. They are easy targets from above because of how wide they are, but harder targets from the ground because of how short they are. Personally I wouldn't waste arrows on them unless you have a skeleton trap. They do very minor damage so I wouldn't recommend worrying about taking damage. Also note that they can climb up walls so a roof on houses are recommended. ;P Note that you cannot outrun them without sprinting.

Last edited by werdna123 (2012-06-27 15:58:26)

#7185 2012-06-27 17:52:42

SJRCS_011
Scratcher

Yeah, spider eyes are not a rare drop. They were dropped by spiders before 1.2, so they can't be  wink

http://i.imgur.com/vQqtH.png
Learning to Program in a Nutshell:  "You're missing a closing parentheses" - LS97

#7186 2012-06-27 18:09:49

samtwheels
Scratcher

Bklecka wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

yes!
EDIT: You already did it  tongue

Last edited by samtwheels (2012-06-27 18:10:08)

#7187 2012-06-27 22:07:22

backspace_
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

About 20/24 ran for the cornucopia. I didn't. Instead, I hid in the woods surrounding it and looked for targets. Preferably people with armour but no swords. I saw someone with nearly full leather armour and attacked and killed him. With my new armour I felt more confident, and decided to go for a sword. I killed someone with a wooden sword and some food soon after and got even more confident. A few minutes later I saw someone with some leather armour and an iron sword. I waited for my chance, saw his back turn, sniped him from a tree above and jumped down to finish the kill. So I now had 3 kills, leather armour and an iron sword. It's not uncommon to have a lot of deaths at the start, before people spread out. I think there were about 15 deaths this time, which was quite a lot. People tend to fight at the beginning because otherwise they'll spend ages hunting people down.

About 10 minutes later I see someone across a lake. We look at each other for a while before he runs into the forest. When I get to where he is I can't find any sign of him, except a few saplings on the ground. (He'd been chopping down a tree).

About 5 minutes after that I see someone up on a tree in a town park. I shoot at him a few times and eventually I knock him off and almost dies. He uses an ender pearl to escape, but the damage he took from it killed him. I go looking for his stuff and on the way I see someone looking around form the top of a ruined tower. He doesn't have as good armour as me so I decide to go up. On the way up I see another guy with no armour also climbing up. I kill him quickly and continue on. 5 kills from me, and 5/24 remaining. When I finally get up onto the roof I just manage to see the guy jump from the tower. At first I think it's an accident then I see he landed in some water. I jump down behind him and get him by surprise. 6 kills from me, (:D) and 4/24.

I then head back to the centre and look around for movement. On the way there another person dies. 3/24 remain. After about 2 minutes or so I see someone in the distance. But on the way to them they die somehow. O.o

So one person left. I spend literally about 20 minutes searching for him, and eventually I find him. He was afk in a hole. >.> Well, I kill him and win.  big_smile

have you been on the Minecraft Survival Games servers? I go on the European ones (eu1-24.mcsg.in) They're really fun and they have rankings and stuff. It would be cool if we could team on them sometimes  wink

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#7188 2012-06-28 04:31:42

werdna123
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

have you been on the Minecraft Survival Games servers? I go on the European ones (eu1-24.mcsg.in) They're really fun and they have rankings and stuff. It would be cool if we could team on them sometimes  wink

I used to play on them but they were too crowded. But it would be cool to meet up on one of them. I think my rank was about 250 or something.

#7189 2012-06-28 17:16:07

geohendan
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

[werd's awesome guide]

Awesome  big_smile

I've been playing on the latest snapshot and I discovered a bug- ocelots spawned from spawner eggs act like cats. I want to report this to the wiki but I have no idea how  sad

Does anyone?

Scratching that nasty wart on my back since 2009!
http://i.imgur.com/OzpGtWV.jpg

#7190 2012-06-28 17:25:07

banana500
Scratcher

I was just on a Survival Games server and I WON! Here's what happened.

I was sort of caught in a dilemna in the beginning, whether to flee or go for the Cornucopia. The game started, and my first instinct was to go for the chests. Which I would've totally regretted, but the first chest I opened had an iron sword and leather pants and chestplate. I was totally lucked out, so I fled and killed someone along the way. Then I ran to the neighborhood ruins and looked for the house with the gold flooring to find the chest in there, and sure enough, it had food. And because I've played the Survival Games about a million times before, I know where practically all the chests are, so in the end I had been decked out with food, weapons (lots of wooden swords), and armor. So the final deathmatch began, and then I was able to take out the last guy by getting him with three hits at one time. Finally he charged for me, and I deftly slaughtered him again with my epic iron sword.

big_smile

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#7191 2012-06-28 18:42:04

poopo
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

I was just on a Survival Games server and I WON! Here's what happened.

I was sort of caught in a dilemna in the beginning, whether to flee or go for the Cornucopia. The game started, and my first instinct was to go for the chests. Which I would've totally regretted, but the first chest I opened had an iron sword and leather pants and chestplate. I was totally lucked out, so I fled and killed someone along the way. Then I ran to the neighborhood ruins and looked for the house with the gold flooring to find the chest in there, and sure enough, it had food. And because I've played the Survival Games about a million times before, I know where practically all the chests are, so in the end I had been decked out with food, weapons (lots of wooden swords), and armor. So the final deathmatch began, and then I was able to take out the last guy by getting him with three hits at one time. Finally he charged for me, and I deftly slaughtered him again with my epic iron sword.

big_smile

can you give me the ip?

http://i45.tinypic.com/28rnqki.jpg

#7192 2012-06-28 18:53:57

samtwheels
Scratcher

I've gotta do one of those servers sometime. Anyone have suggestions for which one?

#7193 2012-06-28 18:56:17

banana500
Scratcher

There are lots of epic survival games servers. My favorite is Citi-Build.

MC.Citi-Build.com is the IP. It has Survival Games and Freebuild. Plus, I believe ChimneySwift11 goes on there occasionally.  smile

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#7194 2012-06-28 18:57:22

geohendan
Scratcher

Please read this chunk of text and share my irritation.

In creative, whenever I try to place a block, there's lag, and like 5 more locks pop up. [maybe I'm exaggerating, but the actual number is 1-3 extra blocks.] Then, when I try to destroy those blocks, I end up destroying something else along with those blocks, like the initial block I was trying to place or a chest I just organized or something. This happens with levers too; I switch it, but it just goes back up. I have to tap on the mouse really lightly to just switch a lever or place a block.

When I try to destroy something, the block behind it gets destroyed too. I'm pretty sure this isn't my computer. I just think that on creative mode, when you place something, it takes a lot less unnecessary time of the mouse being down to place a block. Although on survival mode everything is perfectly fine.

Does anyone else have this stupid problem?

Last edited by geohendan (2012-06-28 19:00:17)

#7195 2012-06-28 19:00:15

poopo
Scratcher

geohendan wrote:

In creative, whenever I try to place a block, there's lag, and like 5 more locks pop up. [maybe I'm exaggerating, but the actual number is 1-3 extra blocks.] Then, when I try to destroy those blocks, I end up destroying something else along with those blocks, like the initial block I was trying to place or a chest I just organized or something. This happens with levers too; I switch it, but it just goes back up. I have to tap on the mouse really lightly to just switch a lever or place a block.

When I try to destroy something, the block behind it gets destroyed too. I'm pretty sure this isn't my computer. I just think that on creative mode, when you place something, it takes a lot less unnecessary time of the mouse being down to place a block. Although on survival mode everything is perfectly fine.

This never happens to me. Try setting your setting to the lowest possible to see if it is your computer.

http://i45.tinypic.com/28rnqki.jpg

#7196 2012-06-28 19:00:42

geohendan
Scratcher

poopo wrote:

geohendan wrote:

This never happens to me. Try setting your setting to the lowest possible to see if it is your computer.

Nope, set distance to tiny, nothing.

Last edited by geohendan (2012-06-28 19:11:53)

#7197 2012-06-28 21:01:19

backspace_
Scratcher

geohendan wrote:

*Install Optifine?
*Mess with settings?
*Change your mouse settings?

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#7198 2012-06-29 00:35:03

banana500
Scratcher

geohendan wrote:

Eh...it's probably your computer. I don't seem to have that problem at all. Maybe you need to update your graphics drivers, but that may seem a bit excessive. Did you try to restart your computer? Maybe there's something on your computer that's taking up CPU space. The simplest option is to try installing the OptiFine mod if you experience lag. Optifine removes lag spikes, boosts your frame rate, and allows for HD textures. Anyways, Optifine is overall a great mod to have.  big_smile

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#7199 2012-06-29 02:27:20

Cassiedragon
Scratcher

geohendan wrote:

I have that sometimes. It's sooo annoying D:

http://imghosting.cassiedragonandfriends.org/cassiedragonsiggy.gif

#7200 2012-06-29 03:01:07

nathanprocks
Scratcher

geohendan wrote:

I get this all the time, especially on multiplayer. I get it in survival too. Any toggle-able block such as levers, doors repeaters, etc. toggle on/off twice instead of once. If you are getting it in single player, try turning your graphic settings down. On multiplayer, I usually get it if the server if lagging.

http://carrot.cassiedragonandfriends.org/Scratch_Signature/randomsig.php
http://trinary.site40.net/images/scratchrank.php?username=nathanprocks&display=small

Board footer