This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#7126 2012-06-21 20:19:37

maxskywalker
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

spongebob123 wrote:

mythbusteranimator wrote:

I helped keep a zombie as a pet.

<Trap reincarnated human
<Call it "pet"
<Sound logic

I just literally LOL'd.

#7127 2012-06-22 08:04:07

Animeboy975
Scratcher

I live in a taiga biome, and i can't find any dogs to train  sad

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#7128 2012-06-22 08:20:16

jji7skyline
Scratcher

Generate new world  tongue

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!  big_smile

#7129 2012-06-22 10:04:52

shpeters
Scratcher

Does anyone have any good pvp strategies?

http://i.imgur.com/bboYO.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/66Yki.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/uLUsl.jpg

#7130 2012-06-22 11:27:11

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

shpeters wrote:

Jump. When you're falling, swing your sword. When you're falling, you always inflict critical hits, with any sword.

I made a MC texture pack! Get it at planetminecraft!
http://i.imgur.com/0EG0u.png

#7131 2012-06-22 11:38:54

werdna123
Scratcher

shpeters wrote:

Depends on the situation.

If you see them but they don't see you:

Try and get close enough to see what armour/weapons they have. If it's too high above your's, just leave it. But if it's just a fair bit above then go for it. For example if you have stone sword and full leather and the other guy has iron sword and an iron/leather mix then you can still get him. Just run ay him from behind, if possible while he/she is opening a chest, furnace, workbench etc. Even when they turn around don't stop, just keep on hitting.

If you are fairly far apart and see each other:

If you have a bow try and get some snipe shots. He'll probably try dodging, but usually he'll dodge in a pattern. (eg. side to side) This will allow you to work out where to shoot. Shoot where he is seconds away from going. If the enemy has a bow, try dodging but keep changing your dodge tactics. But don't stand still, they may be pretty dumb and shoot where they see you. And don't go back to where you were standing a second ago (so don't just like tap "a" and "d") because they may shoot that place and you'll run straight into an arrow aimed at where you used to be.

If neither of you have a bow then charge straight at them for a short while. This will make them prepare to hit forward. Once you're around 6 blocks away swerve to the side of them and turn quickly to hit. When they turn around to hit you, you have a choice. Either you can repeat the same tactic or just do a standard "I hit you, you hit me". You can do the second one if you think he's reasonably damaged from your first hits and you'd win the fight.

If it's close range, do the same except skip the bow and running at them part.

If you see a team, and they see you, well...
You're screwed.

If you see a team and they don't see you then you have a chance. Let's pretend everyone has iron armour and an iron sword. If none of you have a sword then you will lose. The surprise attack at the start will be useless since it will do so little damage. But if you have a sword then it's a worth a try. Assuming you're all equal I'd say you can attack a group of anywhere from 1-3 if you get good at it. And 3 is pushing it a bit. Anyway, back to the strategy. DON'T SHOOT THEM. This will instantly give away your position and won't do much damage. It's best to be in a forest, or some other non-open area. First run at one from behind and just hit hit hit. Once you've killed him you may be a little low on hearts. But don't worry, the rest of the team will be scared, and may even run away. If they stay then use the swerve to the side tactic on them.

A few basic tips:

• You can block with a sword by right-clicking, this will half any inflicted damage but slow you down. Some people try a sort of "hit, block, hit, block, hit, block" technique but I'm not very good at it.

• Throwing ender pearls will teleport you to where they land, but you'll lose 2 hearts. (So don't use them if you have under 2 hearts.) They are useful to escape battles quickly.

• You can deal more damage by pulling a bow all the way back and hitting while jumping.

Armour/sword efficiency:

This may not be 100% accurate but I think this is the order of how good each armour type and sword type is:
(Worst - Best)

Swords:

Wood + Gold
Stone
Iron
Diamond

Armour:

Leather
Gold
Chainmail
Iron
Diamond

Hope it helps. (:

#7132 2012-06-22 11:55:37

BLU_Spy
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

shpeters wrote:

Try and get close enough to see what armour/weapons they have. If it's too high above your's, just leave it. But if it's just a fair bit above then go for it. For example if you have stone sword and full leather and the other guy has iron sword and an iron/leather mix then you can still get him. Just run ay him from behind, if possible while he/she is opening a chest, furnace, workbench etc. Even when they turn around don't stop, just keep on hitting.

If you have a bow try and get some snipe shots. He'll probably try dodging, but usually he'll dodge in a pattern. (eg. side to side) This will allow you to work out where to shoot. Shoot where he is seconds away from going. If the enemy has a bow, try dodging but keep changing your dodge tactics. But don't stand still, they may be pretty dumb and shoot where they see you. And don't go back to where you were standing a second ago (so don't just like tap "a" and "d") because they may shoot that place and you'll run straight into an arrow aimed at where you used to be.

If neither of you have a bow then charge straight at them for a short while. This will make them prepare to hit forward. Once you're around 6 blocks away swerve to the side of them and turn quickly to hit. When they turn around to hit you, you have a choice. Either you can repeat the same tactic or just do a standard "I hit you, you hit me". You can do the second one if you think he's reasonably damaged from your first hits and you'd win the fight.

You're screwed.

If you see a team and they don't see you then you have a chance. Let's pretend everyone has iron armour and an iron sword. If none of you have a sword then you will lose. The surprise attack at the start will be useless since it will do so little damage. But if you have a sword then it's a worth a try. Assuming you're all equal I'd say you can attack a group of anywhere from 1-3 if you get good at it. And 3 is pushing it a bit. Anyway, back to the strategy. DON'T SHOOT THEM. This will instantly give away your position and won't do much damage. It's best to be in a forest, or some other non-open area. First run at one from behind and just hit hit hit. Once you've killed him you may be a little low on hearts. But don't worry, the rest of the team will be scared, and may even run away. If they stay then use the swerve to the side tactic on them.

A few basic tips:

• You can block with a sword by right-clicking, this will half any inflicted damage but slow you down. Some people try a sort of "hit, block, hit, block, hit, block" technique but I'm not very good at it.

• Throwing ender pearls will teleport you to where they land, but you'll lose 2 hearts. (So don't use them if you have under 2 hearts.) They are useful to escape battles quickly.

• You can deal more damage by pulling a bow all the way back and hitting while jumping.

Armour/sword efficiency:

This may not be 100% accurate but I think this is the order of how good each armour type and sword type is:
(Worst - Best)

Swords:

Wood + Gold
Stone
Iron
Diamond

Armour:

Leather
Gold
Chainmail
Iron
Diamond

Hope it helps. (:

Whoa. You should make a Minecraft guide...

I HAVE SWITCHED ACCOUNTS! My new username is NoxSpooth.

#7133 2012-06-22 11:59:47

BLU_Spy
Scratcher

shpeters wrote:

Well, My strategy is...

Hit & Run.

Just make sure he doesn‘t have a bow.

It works for me.

I HAVE SWITCHED ACCOUNTS! My new username is NoxSpooth.

#7134 2012-06-22 12:35:10

werdna123
Scratcher

BLU_Spy wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

shpeters wrote:

*A LOAD OF TEXT*

Whoa. You should make a Minecraft guide...

Heh, thanks.

Last edited by werdna123 (2012-06-22 12:35:34)

#7135 2012-06-22 13:50:47

geohendan
Scratcher

Hit thing with sword. Repeat until thing goes away.

Scratching that nasty wart on my back since 2009!
http://i.imgur.com/OzpGtWV.jpg

#7136 2012-06-22 14:05:29

slinger
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

shpeters wrote:

*In depth PVP guide*

Wow, that's nice Werd  smile
I recognize some of it too! :p

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#7137 2012-06-22 14:57:44

shpeters
Scratcher

Thank you! The only thing you're missing is instuctions for fighting with equal weaponry in an arena.

http://i.imgur.com/bboYO.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/66Yki.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/uLUsl.jpg

#7138 2012-06-22 15:02:51

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

shpeters wrote:

Thank you! The only thing you're missing is instuctions for fighting with equal weaponry in an arena.

Like I said, jump, and when falling, strike. It inflicts critical damage.

I made a MC texture pack! Get it at planetminecraft!
http://i.imgur.com/0EG0u.png

#7139 2012-06-22 15:21:19

shpeters
Scratcher

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

shpeters wrote:

Like I said, jump, and when falling, strike. It inflicts critical damage.

I'll do that the next time I do pvp. Thanks!

#7140 2012-06-22 16:15:59

Bklecka
Scratcher

lol. 90% of all the posts i see in MAC forums is minecraft server posts  big_smile

http://i48.tinypic.com/106ijc9.jpg

#7141 2012-06-22 16:29:00

samtwheels
Scratcher

Bklecka wrote:

lol. 90% of all the posts i see in MAC forums is minecraft server posts  big_smile

I'd say more like 5-15 percent.

#7142 2012-06-22 19:27:05

backspace_
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

shpeters wrote:

You're screwed.

A few basic tips:

Armour/sword efficiency:

(Worst - Best)

Swords:

Wood + Gold
Stone
Iron
Diamond

Armour:

Leather
Gold
Chainmail
Iron
Diamond

Hope it helps. (:

werdy werdy werd, MineCraft scholar  tongue

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#7143 2012-06-22 21:29:46

SJRCS_011
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

shpeters wrote:

Tons of text i don't want to quote

What he didn't mention is what enchantments to use
Knockback, Sharpness, and Fire Aspect are my picks for enchantments for swords
For bows, Power, Punch, Infinity (if you can get it) and Fire (which actually are just about all bow enchantments XD)
Also, If the server you are on has mcMMO, and your opponeent has armor that you wouldn't mind breaking, attack with an axe, and, right before hitting the person, right click, and you'll be able to break their armor more easily.

http://i.imgur.com/vQqtH.png
Learning to Program in a Nutshell:  "You're missing a closing parentheses" - LS97

#7144 2012-06-22 21:52:12

laptop97
Scratcher

SJRCS_011 wrote:

backspace_ wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

Tons of text i don't want to quote

For bows, Power, Punch, Infinity (if you can get it) and Fire (which actually are just about all bow enchantments XD)
Also, If the server you are on has mcMMO, and your opponeent has armor that you wouldn't mind breaking, attack with an axe, and, right before hitting the person, right click, and you'll be able to break their armor more easily.

Or, if the server has mmcmo; get your excavation to 100+. Then start shoveling gravel to get gunpowder and create a tnt trap  big_smile

One of the most ignored tatics in pvp is lava  wink

#7145 2012-06-23 06:42:57

werdna123
Scratcher

laptop97 wrote:

SJRCS_011 wrote:

backspace_ wrote:

Or, if the server has mmcmo; get your excavation to 100+. Then start shoveling gravel to get gunpowder and create a tnt trap  big_smile

One of the most ignored tatics in pvp is lava  wink

It flows to slowly, but flint and steel works a charm.

@schnikes: <3

#7146 2012-06-23 10:14:18

legorulez101
Scratcher

I have figured out a way to downgrade your Minecraft. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you out.

1. Click [url=http://[please don't put commercial ads on Scratch]/8ReEc]this link.[/url]
2. Once it is done loading, click skip ad.
3. Open the folder.
4. Extract the files.
5. Run MCNostalgia.
6. Wait until the text tells you to press enter, and then press enter.
7. Look at the numbers beside the versions, all the way to the left; scroll up using the scrollbar if needed.
8. Open your Documents folder and type %appdata%/.minecraft/bin and press enter; type it on the text box next to search.
9. Back up your minecraft.jar by copying and pasting the minecraft.jar into the same spot and renaming it to minecraft2 - DO NOT DELETE.
10. Go back to MCNostalgia, type in the number beside the version you want and press enter. (NOTE: FOR SOME REASON, INDEV DOESN'T WORK.)
11. Wait until it tells you to press enter to exit, then press enter.

NOTE: This guide is only for a Windows computer. If you have another OS, such as a Mac or Linux, you're out of luck. But, I WILL post some screenshots of me playing Infdev later. Post your screenshots, too!

#7147 2012-06-23 10:34:20

werdna123
Scratcher

You can downgrade with Mac and Linux too...

#7148 2012-06-23 10:42:28

legorulez101
Scratcher

I know. I mean the guide itself. You need Python for Mac and Linux, and the Minecraft directory is different.

#7149 2012-06-23 11:30:44

werdna123
Scratcher

I've been working on a sort of 3D printer in minecraft using redstone. It's pretty confusing, but I think I've got it.

#7150 2012-06-23 11:35:30

ihaveamac
Scratcher

Do you know about the sessionstealer program going around? If you log into a server, you risk opping someone on your server (weird). I just want people to be aware.
http://ihaveamac.tumblr.com/post/257178 … on-stealer

~ihaveamac - visit ihaveamac.net

Board footer