This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#4951 2012-06-18 23:07:08

bonechill
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

I vote for meapinator101

http://www.planetminecraft.com/files/sigs/scratch9p_693826_sig.jpg

#4952 2012-06-18 23:56:07

Meapinator101
Scratcher

Thanks friends.

http://i.imgur.com/QR1fV.png

#4953 2012-06-19 08:05:14

coolhogs
Scratcher

scratcher5000 wrote:

Flashing wrote:

I'd like to become a curator.
*More coming soon*

you can't be a curator until you're a full scratcher

You can, it's just unlikely.

Get ready for domination of:  tongue

#4954 2012-06-19 10:32:56

XGamer42
Scratcher

Hello Scratch Team.
I am requesting to become curator for the following:

Today, most people ignore most projects and view only the ones made by popular people (I.E Astro947, SpriteMaster, ETC), leaving scratchers who aren't well known to be unnoticed.

Almost every day, I see scratchers who have unique, innovative projects, but don't get enough credit for them. These people work hard on these projects, and should be given more credit than the usual "Must see projects" famous scratchers often put on their projects.

Of course, being popular isn't the only thing scratchers want out of their projects. A good, hard-worked project can be a good way to learn about scratch, and often results in better projects over time.

The sad thing is, most people make the same thing over and over: random projects.
It annoys me that scratchers like something that they almost always see. Sure, I watch them, and sometimes I like them, but one thing comes to mind before I hit Love It: Why like a project that's the same thing as many other projects?

As curator, I promise not only to show scratchers that you don't have to be popular to be good, but I will also give advice to scratchers who's projects i've curated , so they can stand up for their next project and say "I can do it!" No matter if it's a game, an animation, or a collab, everybody gets a chance to be shown.

Thank you.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/077/d/3/mlp_fim__how_easy____by_mewcherrii-d4t4ohs.png

#4955 2012-06-19 14:48:13

Meapinator101
Scratcher

XGamer42 wrote:

Hello Scratch Team.
I am requesting to become curator for the following:

Today, most people ignore most projects and view only the ones made by popular people (I.E Astro947, SpriteMaster, ETC), leaving scratchers who aren't well known to be unnoticed.

Almost every day, I see scratchers who have unique, innovative projects, but don't get enough credit for them. These people work hard on these projects, and should be given more credit than the usual "Must see projects" famous scratchers often put on their projects.

Of course, being popular isn't the only thing scratchers want out of their projects. A good, hard-worked project can be a good way to learn about scratch, and often results in better projects over time.

The sad thing is, most people make the same thing over and over: random projects.
It annoys me that scratchers like something that they almost always see. Sure, I watch them, and sometimes I like them, but one thing comes to mind before I hit Love It: Why like a project that's the same thing as many other projects?

As curator, I promise not only to show scratchers that you don't have to be popular to be good, but I will also give advice to scratchers who's projects i've curated , so they can stand up for their next project and say "I can do it!" No matter if it's a game, an animation, or a collab, everybody gets a chance to be shown.

Thank you.

Nice Speech............It would be cool if we both became curators!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/QR1fV.png

#4956 2012-06-20 11:37:47

benjamin2
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator on the Scratch homepage.

I would curate projects that range from a few hours old to a few weeks old, but I will mostly curate the newer projects of less-known Scratchers. I am a particular fan of puzzle games, platformers, but I also like many projects that are not games.

I wouldn't curate projects from very well-known Scratchers, because that isn't the purpose. One, they'll get tons of views and comments anyway, and two, there'll probably end up on the front page for most viewed or most loved.

I would add a new project about 3-5 times a week and I would accept requests but they'd have to follow guidelines, such as being appropriate, having a certain number of views/love its or less, and certain facts about the scratcher (not being frontpaged recently, for example).

Please consider letting me take on this role as it would be a fun and learning experience. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/gp6tZ.gif

#4957 2012-06-20 17:45:01

lizzyhippo
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator because I have a wide variety of interests.  I feel that I could help represent the community because I have many hobbies.  I am not interested in zombies and gore, so that takes care of that!  I feel that Artists deserve the same about of credit as programers.  Everyone is special and unique in there own way.  If we could all program, games and animations would have little meaning.  Games, animations, artwork, and stories are all amazing!  To sum up my application, If I was curator, I would represent EVERYONE unheard of and famous.  Please consider my application!

Sincerley,
Lizzyhippo (lizzy)  (9 almost ten)

http://i50.tinypic.com/ofvtpy.png

#4958 2012-06-20 20:21:28

PR0G4M3R4563
Scratcher

Hey, I just found out that we ask to be curator here. I though Scratch picked people to be curators.

I worked insanly hard to be curator. I'm of course always posting nice comment, I say welcome to scratch. You can always download my games and change them a little then upload. I didn't mention remix because they would not know what that means. I'm always givving a thumbs up to Scratchers, and I encourage them. When I find a mean comment I either flag it, or I reply to them, Please don't say mean comments. It's against the scratch guidelines.

In my projects I right a few paragraphs on most of all my project, and some of the remixes I make that would take a good explimation why I curated.
\
If you guys could curate me to be curator I'd be very thankful.

P.S. I started scratch about 4-5 months ago, and this is why I would be responceible and accurate to be curator.

Thank you for your time:)

#4959 2012-06-21 11:37:19

yoshicharlie
Scratcher

I want to be a scratch curator. I like project where you can mess with effects of any kind!Color,sound,and more! I hope I will be a scratch curator!  big_smile

#4960 2012-06-21 11:43:15

KD3629cc
New Scratcher

-First Video-
This Annc. By Scratch Create,Funny Shows.

#4961 2012-06-21 13:40:43

jackajacka
Scratcher

Hello. I would really like to be a scratch curator because I love programming and Scratch! The projects I like the most are the projects no body has ever seen. Something that is totally oringinal easily gets my attention. Also, I like projects that people spent time on, with programming, gameplay, graphics, story, you name it! If I get to be curator I would like to do it in August because I am really busy in July.

http://i.imgur.com/P6ZJ7.png

#4962 2012-06-21 13:53:18

Hyacinths
New Scratcher

i wanna be curator

#4963 2012-06-22 00:09:14

mikeono102
Scratcher

I would like to become a curator. What i like most are games that have good physics, good story line and also a fun twist!

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o548/Mikeono102/2162_zps4b9ba1b4.png

#4964 2012-06-22 16:58:49

pwhager
Scratcher

I would make a good curator because I would show projects that are well designed(Script-wise) but are not made by people who already have many friends, views, and loves. I would allow hard-working amateurs to be "discovered" for their work effort and quality of project. I would feature mainly games or artistic projects as a curator. I would also feature work that cleverly uses scratch like: 1s1s(1 sprite one script) projects, projects using many variables, or projects that manipulate audio, sound, and the microphone:

loudness 
Thank you for your consideration,

Pwhager

Last edited by pwhager (2012-06-22 16:59:18)

#4965 2012-06-23 11:01:47

UltraScratcher2
Scratcher

A lot of people want to be a curator!  yikes

http://i.imgur.com/nRafD.jpg

#4966 2012-06-23 11:17:52

PD39K
Scratcher

May I be a curator? I find these kinds of projects interesting (in a good way). I like games that are very complex and make you think. I also like animations that a lot of effort have been put into. I like contests, and I love looking at the entries. I really like scrolling games, since I've never been able to make a good one myself. And I like animated music videos.  big_smile  Let me know what you think.

#4967 2012-06-23 12:59:36

LFOB
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator. To get an idea about what I would curate, check out my favorites!

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/LFOB/2413118_med.png  http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/LFOB/2255829_med.png

#4968 2012-06-23 21:10:57

oshe10
Scratcher

scratcher5000 wrote:

Flashing wrote:

I'd like to become a curator.
*More coming soon*
you can't be a curator until you're a full scratcher

What's a full scratcher?

http://i.imgur.com/w4rS6.jpg

#4969 2012-06-23 23:04:47

Nomolos
Scratcher

Okay, my last speech was a failure. I will try again. *Ahem*

I love scratch. It is the best beginner programming system ever. The games, the community, and most of all, the programming. I love to view other user's project, enter contests, and share my own!

I want to be curator because there are SO many projects that are great and have a lot of potential! But nobody views it! Some new scratchers work hard on projects but they aren't appreciated! I want to help other scratchers rise up and become known to the community. If nobody views their projects, they will feel unappreciated! And then they will feel like a failure and stop what they are good at. I do not want that to happen. I want them to keep going. I would curate a new project every 2 or 3 days so then I could help as many scratchers as I can. I would not curate really good projects(at least most of the time). I would curate projects that people really want to be noticed by the community because of all the work and time they put into it. I would try to search the community, looking for projects that required concentration and time to make! I want to make new scratchers happy and comfortable while interacting and programming on the scratch interface.

I hope you take me under consideration.

Sincerely~Nomolos

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#4970 2012-06-24 00:58:43

Wes64
Scratcher

StarscreamClone wrote:

I would really like to be a curator.  Why?  Scratch is now my favorite hobby, and not only am I having fun, I am also learning as I program,  getting a programmer's mindset and developing problem solving skills (believe me, for some of my projects there was a lot trial and error). 

Why should I be a currator?  Well, for one thing, as well as a lot of things I do, I like to get active in my community.  Often times, though, it's hard.  Really hard. I want more people to see my projects, and obviously there are people who have very little views and "I Love It's" to get noticed.  People I would currate are ones who don't necessarily do magnificent work, but tries their best.  I've had my fair share of bumps in the road, and many Scratchers do, too.  There would really be no theme to what I pick as long as it was thought out well and given a good try.  Most likely, though, I would not pick remixes because I would be looking for original work.

I also agree with XGamer42.  Some projects are disregarded for one reason or another, and again, as I have found with mine, don't get many views.  Since the curator is on the front page, people are more likely to click on that than if it were on the "Newest Projects" bar, which changes every time you pull the page up. 

With all this said, I hope that the Scratch Team takes me under consideration as to being a curator. 

Your fellow Scratcher,
StarscreamClone

when gf clicked
set [score] to (0)
say [Scratch is awesome!] for (2) secs
wait (5) secs
move (10) steps
if <touching sprite 1?>
change [score] by (1)

Although this is an awesome speech, New Scratchers cannot become curator.

Experienced 2.0 Tester: Ask me questions!
Using Firefox 13.0, Flash plugin version 11.4.402.287, and Windows XP Professional.

#4971 2012-06-24 08:41:10

moremath_test
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator. If I were a curator this is what I would curate.

So, the kind of projects I would curate, are platformers or scrollers, that have a twist. Like  maybe power-ups or money. I love 1s1s games. I like physics projects, but I like them more when they are interactive. I like to pay attention to the themes, and graphics matter. One thing I like about games is when they have a boss battle, especially where there is a interesting way to beat the boss. Some examples are little mini games, where you do something like not much other games. That, is what I like to see in games that I would curate.

#4972 2012-06-24 08:42:55

nathmorr
Scratcher

Whoops, I was logged in as my test!

I am a planeswalker.  roll
http://pwp.wizards.com/3102239266/Scorecards/Landscape.png

#4973 2012-06-24 08:44:06

nathmorr
Scratcher

when gf clicked
think [I want to be a curator!] for (3) secs

#4974 2012-06-24 22:01:22

lhlien
Scratcher

When I think of a curator, I think about a person who thinks through projects that they want to curate and that they can change a person's scratch view. That's exactly how I will act if I am chosen as curator. When my project Rock Smasher got curated, I felt very, very proud of myself. While some scratchers have projects they are proud of already, I would like to take them a step further if they really did an excellent job. That can be accomplished by a curator curating that project. Things that I am looking for in a project that deserves to be curated are: hard work, appropriate for all ages, and outstanding ideas as though it could have taken a year to think of. I would also like to curate projects that not only have those characteristics, but that the scratcher has not much popularity. For me, a majority of their projects has to be under 10 comments, 50 views, and 10 love its. Here is how I will curate projects:
Hard Work (If it seems like they put a lot of effort) 1(none)-10
How appropriate 1(swears)-10
Idea 1(copied/simple)-10
Popularity 1(tons of views)-10
If all those things average over an 8.5, I will curate the project, even if it's a animation or game or whatever.
I will not curate a project just because someone asks me to. I WILL check it out, but I will not promise to curate it.

Wish everyone that deserves to be curated(but hasn't been) good luck, and good luck to all other scratchers trying to become curators. You guys have the same vision as me, and if we work together we can turn hope into happiness.

SCRATCH On!  smile

http://s1162.beta.photobucket.com/user/Victini999/media/e350abb2.png.html

#4975 2012-06-25 06:15:43

nathmorr
Scratcher

moremath_test wrote:

I would like to be a curator. If I were a curator this is what I would curate.

So, the kind of projects I would curate, are platformers or scrollers, that have a twist. Like  maybe power-ups or money. I love 1s1s games. I like physics projects, but I like them more when they are interactive. I like to pay attention to the themes, and graphics matter. One thing I like about games is when they have a boss battle, especially where there is a interesting way to beat the boss. Some examples are little mini games, where you do something like not much other games. That, is what I like to see in games that I would curate.

I was logged in as my test. If I get chosen as curator, please use the account nathmorr, not moremath_test

Board footer