This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#6976 2012-06-11 10:03:37

backspace_
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

bluecat600 wrote:

I'm pracitizing!

there's really no need to make 30 posts a day in the MC Official Topic :\

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#6977 2012-06-11 14:31:41

gbear605
Scratcher

Hello all, my name is gbear605, and recently chose to revise an idea that NZPhoenix made long, long ago (like back in July 2011!). His idea was that since most of the wiki's information is out of date, incorrect, or not detailed enough, he should make his own wiki where the information would be entirely correct (Or at least as close as possible). Anyone could submit their own research and ideas, but the data would then be checked for accuracy. Unfortunately, he disappeared from the minecraft forum about 2 months after starting it, and his website soon after went down. I have created my own version of his site, called Minecraft University. Here, you can submit your own research, give people ideas for research, showoff your mods, and show off your redstone creations. We also plan to have in-depth guides on almost anything you can do in minecraft. I hope that you will come visit, and maybe stay a while. See you there, --gbear605.

Site URL: http://minecraft.escratch.org (Note: we are going to get our own domain as soon as possible!)

This is a repost of something I posted on the minecraft forums.  And yes, the site does have scratch team permission.

Yeah, I'm mostly inactive.  I check in once in a while though.  If you want to contact me, I have a contact form at my website, http://escratch.org

#6978 2012-06-11 19:10:03

Sunrise-Moon
Scratcher

gbear605 wrote:

Hello all, my name is gbear605, and recently chose to revise an idea that NZPhoenix made long, long ago (like back in July 2011!). His idea was that since most of the wiki's information is out of date, incorrect, or not detailed enough, he should make his own wiki where the information would be entirely correct (Or at least as close as possible). Anyone could submit their own research and ideas, but the data would then be checked for accuracy. Unfortunately, he disappeared from the minecraft forum about 2 months after starting it, and his website soon after went down. I have created my own version of his site, called Minecraft University. Here, you can submit your own research, give people ideas for research, showoff your mods, and show off your redstone creations. We also plan to have in-depth guides on almost anything you can do in minecraft. I hope that you will come visit, and maybe stay a while. See you there, --gbear605.

Site URL: http://minecraft.escratch.org (Note: we are going to get our own domain as soon as possible!)

This is a repost of something I posted on the minecraft forums.  And yes, the site does have scratch team permission.

Sounds awesome. You ought to have a tag for information relating to what update the information was posted in case it changes in the future.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u427/HulKDzN/RebornBlade.png

#6979 2012-06-11 19:11:45

gbear605
Scratcher

Sunrise-Moon wrote:

gbear605 wrote:

Sounds awesome. You ought to have a tag for information relating to what update the information was posted in case it changes in the future.

Good idea!  I just implemented that.  tongue

Yeah, I'm mostly inactive.  I check in once in a while though.  If you want to contact me, I have a contact form at my website, http://escratch.org

#6980 2012-06-11 19:31:45

Sunrise-Moon
Scratcher

gbear605 wrote:

Sunrise-Moon wrote:

gbear605 wrote:

Good idea!  I just implemented that.  tongue

I checked out the site after posting that and I have to say, the GUI needs some improvement. A lot of improvement, actually. Looking like the wiki isn't a bad thing. In fact, I'd say the GUI is one of the better aspects of the wiki.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u427/HulKDzN/RebornBlade.png

#6981 2012-06-11 23:38:29

samtwheels
Scratcher

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/samtwheels/2012-06-11_223455.png

My pet until the thunderstorm ends.

#6982 2012-06-12 09:55:19

backspace_
Scratcher

samtwheels wrote:

don't look him in the eyes :0

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#6983 2012-06-12 11:07:38

samtwheels
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

samtwheels wrote:

don't look him in the eyes :0

it's SSP, so it's really tht chest i should avoid looking at.

#6984 2012-06-12 11:09:12

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

I just got the fairy mod.

Even though I'm a guy, and guys 'can't' like faries, I love this mod. They breed my cows, fish in my lake, and run my sugar cane and wood farms. They're very nice, and will fly me wherever I please. The one I use for flying is a medic fairy, so if I get hurt, she'll use a splash potion on me. I have a bunch guarding my house, and in the next update, they'll be breeding my wolves.

I made a MC texture pack! Get it at planetminecraft!
http://i.imgur.com/0EG0u.png

#6985 2012-06-12 11:11:01

samtwheels
Scratcher

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

Even though I'm a guy, and guys 'can't' like faries, I love this mod. They breed my cows, fish in my lake, and run my sugar cane and wood farms. They're very nice, and will fly me wherever I please. The one I use for flying is a medic fairy, so if I get hurt, she'll use a splash potion on me. I have a bunch guarding my house, and in the next update, they'll be breeding my wolves.

Seems like it makes the game too easy.

and what do you mean "guys can't like fairies"? Fairies da boss!

Last edited by samtwheels (2012-06-12 11:27:13)

#6986 2012-06-12 11:17:40

bluecat600
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

bluecat600 wrote:

I'm pracitizing!

I dont.  big_smile

I gaze off into the boundless skyline, noteblock choirs playin in the sunshine, turn round pick up my sword and wield the blade that once forced evil mobs to yield, if this battle shall leave me slain, I know Herobrine still calls my name, better just take a stand, that was when I ruled the land.

#6987 2012-06-12 11:32:09

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

samtwheels wrote:

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

And that's why it's in quotes. I love them.

They don't do their jobs too fast. The trees have to grow, and they have to chop them down one by one, and you have to supply them with stuff like tools.

You need to supply the woodcutters with hatchets, etc. They also grow their own trees, if they have one sapling.

#6988 2012-06-12 11:36:02

samtwheels
Scratcher

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

samtwheels wrote:

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

And that's why it's in quotes. I love them.

They don't do their jobs too fast. The trees have to grow, and they have to chop them down one by one, and you have to supply them with stuff like tools.

You need to supply the woodcutters with hatchets, etc. They also grow their own trees, if they have one sapling.

I'l check it out! sounds cool!

#6989 2012-06-13 11:53:50

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

Does anyone have any real good texture packs?

Why are the secret organizations getting all the attention?  mad

#6990 2012-06-13 12:18:23

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

sonicfan12p wrote:

Does anyone have any real good texture packs?

- DokuCraft
- JohnSmith (monkeyfarm's version)
- SkitScape (1.9, but my friends did an update, if you want)
- Ovo's Rustic
- Summerfields
- Jolicraft
- 32x Faithful
- LB Photo Realism
- Disco_'s OCD texture pack
- Rainbowdash RPG texture pack (pack used in Diggy Diggy Hole music video)
- SPHAX PUREBDCRAFT

I can go on and on.

#6991 2012-06-13 13:41:47

werdna123
Scratcher

Of those I have Doku, Summerfields, Faithful, Photo Realism, Sphax.

#6992 2012-06-13 14:02:37

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

What are each of those like?

#6993 2012-06-13 14:15:24

backspace_
Scratcher

Try Jolicraft. It's a kind of ambient and autumn feeling texture pack.

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#6994 2012-06-13 14:20:01

werdna123
Scratcher

I recommend Sphax and Faithful personally.

#6995 2012-06-13 14:23:35

pikachu1337
Scratcher

bluecat600 wrote:

backspace_ wrote:

bluecat600 wrote:

I'm pracitizing!

I dont.  big_smile

But you made 4 posts on that page alone, none of which added anything to the discussion.
Please, refrain from doing this.

http://internetometer.com/imagesmall/24779.png Help my city grow!
Welp.  Obama was elected.  Country's doomed.  Abandon ship?

#6996 2012-06-13 14:34:31

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

I like the Faithful one! Thanks!

#6997 2012-06-13 15:05:49

ProgrammingPro01
Scratcher

I've lately had a lot of ideas that should be added to the game.

=-MOBS-=

Monkey: Spawns in Jungle biomes. When killed, can drop 1-3 bananas, which you can eat.
When attacked, the will attack back. Can climb vines and ladders.

Shark: Spawns in ocean biomes. They are a pretty rare mob to find, and they are aggressive. They drop shark teeth, which you can use to sharpen your tools (fix the durability of them.)

=-ITEMS-=

Banana: You can eat them. They fill 1 1/2 hearts.
Shark Tooth: Can sharpen tools (fix the durability of them.)
Enhanced coal: Can be crafted with 4 pieces of coal.
Enhanced torches: Can be crafted with enhanced coal and a stick, lights up 2x more than a regular torch would.

Good ideas so far?

Bye 1.4!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sobbing.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#6998 2012-06-13 15:13:40

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

I like those ideas!  smile

#6999 2012-06-13 15:57:41

backspace_
Scratcher

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

=-MOBS-=

Monkey: Spawns in Jungle biomes. When killed, can drop 1-3 bananas, which you can eat.

Shark: Spawns in ocean biomes. They are a pretty rare mob to find, and they are aggressive. They drop shark teeth, which you can use to sharpen your tools (fix the durability of them.)

=-ITEMS-=

Enhanced torches: Can be crafted with enhanced coal and a stick, lights up 2x more than a regular torch would.

Good ideas so far?

Those are pretty good. Maybe you could turn shark tooth into a "whetstone" item that can sharpen items?

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#7000 2012-06-13 17:36:59

SJRCS_011
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

=-MOBS-=

=-ITEMS-=

Good ideas so far?

Those are pretty good. Maybe you could turn shark tooth into a "whetstone" item that can sharpen items?

Or maybe be made into some sort of a dagger o.O

Also, just for fun, maybe a uranium ore that can be used to create much more powerful tnt....though being around the raw ore should inflict damage if not wearing some sort of armor.

http://i.imgur.com/vQqtH.png
Learning to Program in a Nutshell:  "You're missing a closing parentheses" - LS97

Board footer