This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#576 2012-05-17 01:13:30

veggieman001
Scratcher

Re: Frozen Coco - The Online Rock Band

locker99 wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

I am really really really liking "Out of the Possible"

Soz I don't mean to point the elephant in the room, but don't post here unless highly necessary as it is said on the first post. But I agree, I love the song too! The technoguyx/DIY partnership is taking FC to another level. XD

I think that was definitely necessary because I like the song that much.

#577 2012-05-17 02:35:43

locker99
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

locker99 wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

I am really really really liking "Out of the Possible"

Soz I don't mean to point the elephant in the room, but don't post here unless highly necessary as it is said on the first post. But I agree, I love the song too! The technoguyx/DIY partnership is taking FC to another level. XD

Chilax bro, I'm not attacking you. I just thought that it was unnecesary seeing this is held for band discussions. Anyway, I can't say you are wrong either. It depends on what the others think.  smile

The locker99 Scratch Awards... Be prepared!
http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/locker99/1145702_sm.png

#578 2012-05-17 05:56:03

DIY
Scratcher

locker99 wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

locker99 wrote:

Chilax bro, I'm not attacking you. I just thought that it was unnecesary seeing this is held for band discussions. Anyway, I can't say you are wrong either. It depends on what the others think.  smile

Locker, there is no need for you to shoot comments at others. You're not even in the band. I told you that you are just a stand-in musician and you have no other authority to be involved in other discussions, related or not to the band on this thread. That should be left to the managers or other band members.

And veggieman, it 'definitely was not necessary' to post that comment. I have warned you several times that this is a band's discussion thread and if I'm not, ahem, mistaken, you  are not in any way part of this band. You bluntly told me some time back that you couldn't 'care less' for the band, so it is clearly not out of the genuine interest to help us in any way possible that you are posting here. You made a promise to Paddle2See that you would not intervene ever again in these discussions, and you have failed to stick to that word.

Do not point out the posts by other people on this thread. Unlike you, the other outsiders to the band do not keep on posting. If there have been people like you, they have been taken care of and I've reasoned with them not to post here, and unlike you, they quit it. You have a tendency, and this is fact, to keep posting repeatedly after doing so once. It seems you go on and on and on and on until you have to be told to stop doing so.

This is another warning (for the umpteenth time), to not post here unless HIGHLY necessary. And Locker, please do not keep pestering us about violin parts for the band. We'll call you if we decide upon such a part, only when necessary.

Last edited by DIY (2012-05-17 06:23:43)

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/DIYmit/simple-blue-1024jpg.jpg

#579 2012-05-17 22:54:09

technoguyx
Scratcher

Well, I for one think this thread shouldn't be entirely closed to outsiders' comments, I actually appreciate veggieman001's feedback on my song as I know he has some experience in this, and even if he didn't, it's always nice to hear compliments from fans as long as they don't clutter the thread, and I think that a pair of posts shouldn't do any harm. Especially when their purpose isn't discussing internal band matter, as it has happened on other instances.

If we really wanted isolation to organize ourselves, we'd use means external to this forum to discuss. Which isn't a bad idea either, though they usually get ignored by us all the times we've tried.  hmm

@locker99: As DIY has mentioned countless times, you were more of an invited artist than a definite one. Should we ever need a violin part I'll be sure to talk about it to you, though.

http://getgnulinux.org/links/en/linuxliberated_4_78x116.png

#580 2012-05-18 09:00:01

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

Well, I for one think this thread shouldn't be entirely closed to outsiders' comments, I actually appreciate veggieman001's feedback on my song as I know he has some experience in this, and even if he didn't, it's always nice to hear compliments from fans as long as they don't clutter the thread, and I think that a pair of posts shouldn't do any harm. Especially when their purpose isn't discussing internal band matter, as it has happened on other instances.

If we really wanted isolation to organize ourselves, we'd use means external to this forum to discuss. Which isn't a bad idea either, though they usually get ignored by us all the times we've tried.  hmm

@locker99: As DIY has mentioned countless times, you were more of an invited artist than a definite one. Should we ever need a violin part I'll be sure to talk about it to you, though.

My point was veggieman001 keeps on posting. It's not just a 'pair' every once in a while like you mentioned, It is not something he can't control and there really should be no reason for him to repeatedly do so. I don't care that much about others complimenting us if it does not become a habit for him/her to keep on posting other comments. We are thorough musicians, you and I, and there really is no need to point out 'tinny' drum work. This topic has been brought up several times and I have no idea why it's the same person, especially one who directly told me he 'couldn't care less for the band'.

And about Locker, he has indeed been literally chasing behind me for a violin part, even on my projects! I know you will understand how annoying that can be. Anyway, I hope this issue will now be resolved and we won't have to hear from those two for a while unless really needed.

Anyway, I have almost completed another song of mine (a master-piece, definitely my best piece yet) and I will be uploading it soon. Meanwhile, could you please start recording bass to my song I linked a short while back (the 2nd album opener), and jslomba could you record drums? I know you aren't as busy as I am, with my GCSEs in progress, so you will have time to record soon. The exams have gone superbly so far and it will all be over in two weeks so then it'll be a huge burden off my shoulders. I can then get down to doubling my current output which will be great!

#581 2012-05-18 09:37:26

veggieman001
Scratcher

When you released Crimson Love, you welcomed feedback. I didn't realise that it apparently no longer applies.

#582 2012-05-18 11:04:49

LolaRose1892
Scratcher

Guys, guys, guys! Take it easy! Veggie, you've left some feedback, we appreciate it, but otherwise you kinda don't have any reason to be here...

I totally agree with everything Techno said, and DIY too, apart from (and I feel REALLY mean to be saying this) DIY, you came across in a bit of a harsh tone, but please take no offence! This is just MY opinion because I'm such a big softy...  smile

Anyways, I'm seriously loving Out of the Possible as it is AMAZING, and hope you'll lemme sing it when it's done? /fingers crossed/

So, yup. That's my rant for today.  big_smile

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/DIYmit/LolaRose1892.png

#583 2012-05-18 11:22:22

technoguyx
Scratcher

LolaRose1892 wrote:

Guys, guys, guys! Take it easy! Veggie, you've left some feedback, we appreciate it, but otherwise you kinda don't have any reason to be here...

I totally agree with everything Techno said, and DIY too, apart from (and I feel REALLY mean to be saying this) DIY, you came across in a bit of a harsh tone, but please take no offence! This is just MY opinion because I'm such a big softy...  smile

Anyways, I'm seriously loving Out of the Possible as it is AMAZING, and hope you'll lemme sing it when it's done? /fingers crossed/

Exactly my point, and I repeat that if we really wanted to be isolated from people outside the band, we wouldn't organize publicly here, but in another, private forum instead.

I intend Out of the Possible to be sang by you, no way I could sing it decently.  tongue

#584 2012-05-18 11:30:18

veggieman001
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

LolaRose1892 wrote:

Exactly my point, and I repeat that if we really wanted to be isolated from people outside the band, we wouldn't organize publicly here, but in another, private forum instead.

I've thought this too, especially because you really can't exclude someone from a topic on these forums.

#585 2012-05-18 23:08:17

DIY
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

technoguyx wrote:

LolaRose1892 wrote:

I've thought this too, especially because you really can't exclude someone from a topic on these forums.

veggieman, unless you really don't have self-control, it is possible to avoid our discussions and respect the fact that the discussions should be held primarily by the band members. You do not have a reason to be hear as LolaRose said, and you don't really care for the band, I repeat, as you told me precisely. I know I'm sounding harsh, but stop posting hear. Each and every person I've told off on this topic has obediently done so, even Locker it seems. It is always you, someone who 'couldn't care less' for the band who repeatedly posts here.

Techno, we could use an external forum and I'm seriously contemplating doing so, but it is not as if veggieman is unable to control his posting. If you do have a problem or condition veggieman, say so.

Especially after your broken promise to Paddle2See and several other warnings, I'd appreciate if you quit being stubborn now and leave our discussions. On the Crimson Love project I did say feedback was appreciated. I have no idea why you had to come here, especially after the warnings and it is rather obvious if you want to post feedback, that is the place to go.

Please be much more considerate and learn self-control...

Techno, please start recording my songs as I said. Thanks.

#586 2012-05-19 00:36:42

technoguyx
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

I suppose you mean the more fast paced one, as I already recorded the other? I will as soon as I find the time, I got 4 pretty big tests next week, not even counting a History essay, a minor Maths test and some other stuff I need to work on with my classmates. D: Once I'm done with all that, I'll find time to record and write two song ideas in Noteflight.

#587 2012-05-19 03:52:45

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

DIY wrote:

I suppose you mean the more fast paced one, as I already recorded the other? I will as soon as I find the time, I got 4 pretty big tests next week, not even counting a History essay, a minor Maths test and some other stuff I need to work on with my classmates. D: Once I'm done with all that, I'll find time to record and write two song ideas in Noteflight.

LOL, I've almost finished a third song of mine on Noteflight, with my GCSEs in progress. Although my workload is high, I find time for this, plus I excel in my work.  tongue

Anyway, you're right. I think I mentioned it was the pacey song you had to record earlier. I will be uploading my latest idea (and my greatest song yet) very soon.

#588 2012-05-19 08:16:39

LolaRose1892
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

LolaRose1892 wrote:

I intend Out of the Possible to be sang by you, no way I could sing it decently.  tongue

I agree. Another forum would be usefull.

YAY! I'm sure you would do great at it too, but I am happy that I get to sing it as it is a really good song. Just lemme know when you need me to start recording!  big_smile

#589 2012-05-19 12:06:50

DIY
Scratcher

LolaRose1892 wrote:

technoguyx wrote:

LolaRose1892 wrote:

YAY! I'm sure you would do great at it too, but I am happy that I get to sing it as it is a really good song. Just lemme know when you need me to start recording!  big_smile

Well, recording quality does matter a lot too. We can't sport bad quality vocal tracks on many more of our songs to come. You really have to see about recording quality.  hmm

You have a great voice, but it is a pity that your mic lets the vocals down. As I mentioned, you can sing backing while one of the three males (excluding jslomba whom I assume doesn't sing) sings lead.

You are an amazing harmonizer, I won't deny, so while you do what you do best, the backing being of inferior quality won't affect the song that much.  smile

I have always seen 'Out of the Possible' as a guy's song and I could never really imagine a female singing it tbh. If it's OK with you [techno], I'd like to give hpotter to have a go at singing it. His voice I feel for some strange reason, will really suit the song. If you don't think much of him, you should listen to his cover of Journey's 'Faithfully'.

In the meantime, I would think that my song (the epic rock ballad I will be uploading soon) definitely suits a male. Most of my songs (though I haven't added any to my Noteflight scores yet) certainly go with a male, and songs for female singers from me will be very scarce tbh.

On the topic of lyrics, I will find ones to your song's chorus soon. I can help you in that department when I have time as I'm rather good at it.

Also, I listened to the Noteflight score of your song and I really think you should just leave the ending bass line as it was. The sudden chord variation was much better than the fading guitar solo imo. A solo might not work out too well, but this is a suggestion only although I feel very strongly about it.

It's your song; I'm just trying to get the best results out of you that will be good for both us and the band in this song and our future ones.  smile

If you are struggling to relocate your previous version of the song, just go to the 'Versions' tab on the menu bar located as a frame on top of the Noteflight window. Various versions of the song with the date it was created will be listed, so go to the appropriate version with the matching date of creation and you will have the previous one reverted.

I have got down to mixing my song in te key of A and again contacted hpotter for his lead bit. My song should be complete very soon, ready for single release!  big_smile

#590 2012-05-19 12:33:06

LolaRose1892
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

LolaRose1892 wrote:

technoguyx wrote:

Well, recording quality does matter a lot too. We can't sport bad quality vocal tracks on many more of our songs to come. You really have to see about recording quality.  hmm

You have a great voice, but it is a pity that your mic lets the vocals down. As I mentioned, you can sing backing while one of the three males (excluding jslomba whom I assume doesn't sing) sings lead.

You are an amazing harmonizer, I won't deny, so while you do what you do best, the backing being of inferior quality won't affect the song that much.  smile

I have always seen 'Out of the Possible' as a guy's song and I could never really imagine a female singing it tbh. If it's OK with you [techno], I'd like to give hpotter to have a go at singing it. His voice I feel for some strange reason, will really suit the song. If you don't think much of him, you should listen to his cover of Journey's 'Faithfully'.

In the meantime, I would think that my song (the epic rock ballad I will be uploading soon) definitely suits a male. Most of my songs (though I haven't added any to my Noteflight scores yet) certainly go with a male, and songs for female singers from me will be very scarce tbh.

On the topic of lyrics, I will find ones to your song's chorus soon. I can help you in that department when I have time as I'm rather good at it.

Also, I listened to the Noteflight score of your song and I really think you should just leave the ending bass line as it was. The sudden chord variation was much better than the fading guitar solo imo. A solo might not work out too well, but this is a suggestion only although I feel very strongly about it.

It's your song; I'm just trying to get the best results out of you that will be good for both us and the band in this song and our future ones.  smile

If you are struggling to relocate your previous version of the song, just go to the 'Versions' tab on the menu bar located as a frame on top of the Noteflight window. Various versions of the song with the date it was created will be listed, so go to the appropriate version with the matching date of creation and you will have the previous one reverted.

I have got down to mixing my song in te key of A and again contacted hpotter for his lead bit. My song should be complete very soon, ready for single release!  big_smile

Oh... okay...

#591 2012-05-19 15:11:44

technoguyx
Scratcher

Good point about recording quality. I still see Out of the Possible in exactly the opposite way you see it: Female song, can't imagine a male singing it.  tongue  Now that you remind me of it, hpotter134 has a pretty good singing voice, he should give at least a song a shot.

I found some time to transcribe my ideas now.

#592 2012-05-19 20:23:31

gbear605
Scratcher

Just so you know, you got free publicity at the MIT scratch day.  Just telling you.  tongue

Yeah, I'm mostly inactive.  I check in once in a while though.  If you want to contact me, I have a contact form at my website, http://escratch.org

#593 2012-05-19 21:58:29

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

Good point about recording quality. I still see Out of the Possible in exactly the opposite way you see it: Female song, can't imagine a male singing it.  tongue  Now that you remind me of it, hpotter134 has a pretty good singing voice, he should give at least a song a shot.

OK cool. hpotter's vocals should do it good. Hope to hear your transcribed ideas along with the bass recordings for my album opener soon.

@ gbear605: Wow! How exactly did they publicise Frozen Coco on Scratch Day?

#594 2012-05-20 00:16:52

technoguyx
Scratcher

gbear605 wrote:

Just so you know, you got free publicity at the MIT scratch day.  Just telling you.  tongue

As in, you or someone else casually told people about us, or the organizers actually mentioned the band? Either way, free advertising is always good  tongue

#595 2012-05-20 03:12:35

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

gbear605 wrote:

As in, you or someone else casually told people about us, or the organizers actually mentioned the band? Either way, free advertising is always good  tongue

Yeah, it is.  tongue

BTW, did you change the ending of 'Out of the Possible' back to the nicer original one as I suggested?

#596 2012-05-20 05:29:13

DIY
Scratcher

... Here it is ....

Band members, I give you my BEST and most complex composition yet! Prepare to be blown away!  wink

The song has a very catchy tune to it, especially the chorus, yet the song only has four chords!  big_smile

With the subtle variations from instrument to instrument, it does not make the song sound repetitive despite the fact that it revolves around four chords.

As always, it is missing lyrics, but as with all my songs at their initial stage, I will be adding lyrics to it later. It clocks a good four minutes which I am quite glad about, seeing only Reload so far exceeds the four minute mark.

It is not fully complete; the ending may be a fade out on the same repeated chorus chords with a guitar solo. I also have a different chord variation in mind that may suit the fade out.

Do not start recording the parts for the song yet as it is still in progress. I just thought I'd show you the current state as it is really sounding great at the moment. Yes, the song may be much longer!

Feedback from any band member is appreciated for now. Techno, jsl, hpotter, any comments?

#597 2012-05-20 09:00:02

hdarken
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

technoguyx wrote:

OK cool. hpotter's vocals should do it good. Hope to hear your transcribed ideas along with the bass recordings for my album opener soon.

@ gbear605: Wow! How exactly did they publicise Frozen Coco on Scratch Day?

One of the people who was in the band told the audience abot it and they shared one of the projects to everyone there.

http://i.imgur.com/VskBk.png
http://i.imgur.com/tgxVZ.jpg

#598 2012-05-20 14:26:54

technoguyx
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

BTW, did you change the ending of 'Out of the Possible' back to the nicer original one as I suggested?

You mean the song should end with the bass fill right after the Bridge section and before what now is supposed to be the guitar solo? Well, that bass fill is supposed to lead the song into the ending solo.  hmm  Leaving the bass fill as the very end of the song would be a way too abrupt way to end it. If I had to replace it, I'd add another chorus (same thing as it is now, but with lyrics and no solo) or just a sustained Bb on all the instruments instead.

As for who should sing it, I still feel like LolaRose should give the song a try, once the song has lyrics in it's chorus. hpotter134 can try too, and we'll see what works better then, considering both recording quality and the voice type.

DIY wrote:

... Here it is ....

Band members, I give you my BEST and most complex composition yet! Prepare to be blown away!  wink

The song has a very catchy tune to it, especially the chorus, yet the song only has four chords!  big_smile

With the subtle variations from instrument to instrument, it does not make the song sound repetitive despite the fact that it revolves around four chords.

As always, it is missing lyrics, but as with all my songs at their initial stage, I will be adding lyrics to it later. It clocks a good four minutes which I am quite glad about, seeing only Reload so far exceeds the four minute mark.

It is not fully complete; the ending may be a fade out on the same repeated chorus chords with a guitar solo. I also have a different chord variation in mind that may suit the fade out.

Do not start recording the parts for the song yet as it is still in progress. I just thought I'd show you the current state as it is really sounding great at the moment. Yes, the song may be much longer!

Feedback from any band member is appreciated for now. Techno, jsl, hpotter, any comments?

Well, the song sounds great so far  smile  A bit more variation on the intro guitar solo might be good, but then again I suppose it would sound much better on an actual electric guitar. Sounds like a song to end the album if you ask me, something that just screams out concluding something. Like ending credits, even. adding some deep lyrics telling a story (I recall you saying the song was intended to be a rock opera of sorts) would make the song so much better.

Maybe add some string ensemble arrangements, or a keyboard playing string-esque synths near the end. Just throwing an idea there  tongue

hdarken wrote:

One of the people who was in the band told the audience abot it and they shared one of the projects to everyone there.

Oh, cool :3 I think I know who it is, considering he "was" in the band and mentioned being at MIT Scratch Day in the forums. Big thanks to him.  smile

#599 2012-05-20 21:04:21

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

DIY wrote:

You mean the song should end with the bass fill right after the Bridge section and before what now is supposed to be the guitar solo? Well, that bass fill is supposed to lead the song into the ending solo.  hmm  Leaving the bass fill as the very end of the song would be a way too abrupt way to end it. If I had to replace it, I'd add another chorus (same thing as it is now, but with lyrics and no solo) or just a sustained Bb on all the instruments instead.

As for who should sing it, I still feel like LolaRose should give the song a try, once the song has lyrics in it's chorus. hpotter134 can try too, and we'll see what works better then, considering both recording quality and the voice type.

Yeah, we'll give LoloRose a try since it's your song. Otherwise, we can ask hpotter to do the vocals. I'd go with the bass fill and then another chorus. That still would sound better to me. And then we can abandon the solo.

technoguyx wrote:

Well, the song sounds great so far  smile  A bit more variation on the intro guitar solo might be good, but then again I suppose it would sound much better on an actual electric guitar. Sounds like a song to end the album if you ask me, something that just screams out concluding something. Like ending credits, even. adding some deep lyrics telling a story (I recall you saying the song was intended to be a rock opera of sorts) would make the song so much better.

Maybe add some string ensemble arrangements, or a keyboard playing string-esque synths near the end. Just throwing an idea there  tongue

It definitely will sound much better on an actual electric guitar. If you think you can add some synth strings, you can give it a go once I've completed my song, and we will evaluate which sounds better, with or without it. As for lyrics, I'll take care of that. I have another song in mind that could possibly end the album. I would think this suits a middle spot in the album.

#600 2012-05-20 22:01:48

technoguyx
Scratcher

Yeah, I actually think the solo might be too much of a bother. Since the chorus progression repeats twice right now, the first could be the actual chorus, and the second a fading out instrumental chorus.

I think my two song ideas are finally complete enough to post, though far away from actual completion.

The first one is meant to be a smooth, yet flowing, and fast-paced song, with many 7th chords.  tongue  Originally written for one of my many failed irl bands, I intended to sing it but I never wrote any lyrics to it, but I think the song would fit a baritone voice rather than a bass. I think a clean electric guitar would fit the song better than an acoustic.

The second one is a pretty catchy, even funky song with an emotional, arpeggiated acoustic guitar intro, I loved how the "catchy" part of it turned out, but I find the transition between the intro and the rest of the song needs work, currently it's a rather sudden tempo and instrumentation change. The lead guitar sounds much better on an actual electric guitar, as usual.

Board footer