This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#6576 2012-05-13 08:59:02

slinger
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

Downloading it right now  big_smile
edit: Its pretty boring...
I found the end portal though...

Last edited by slinger (2012-05-13 09:19:55)

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#6577 2012-05-13 09:20:14

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Anyone tried Skyrgrid?

Yeah, it's crazy.

I made a MC texture pack! Get it at planetminecraft!
http://i.imgur.com/0EG0u.png

#6578 2012-05-13 15:28:08

pikachu1337
Scratcher

slinger wrote:

Downloading it right now  big_smile
edit: Its pretty boring...
I found the end portal though...

It's not boring, you're not playing it right.
If it's boring, up the difficulty and go outside at night.

http://internetometer.com/imagesmall/24779.png Help my city grow!
Welp.  Obama was elected.  Country's doomed.  Abandon ship?

#6579 2012-05-13 15:48:33

ImagineIt
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

Started a new survival a couple hours ago. I built my house in a village and i already found diamonds, and i live in the blacksmiths house, with a bordering jungle and desert biome.

EPIC!

How do I get a spitting nova ip?

Last edited by ImagineIt (2012-05-13 15:49:11)

#6580 2012-05-13 16:01:16

NeilWest
Scratcher

Started new 1.2 survival. So far, I'm living in a village and I'm up to iron tools (I found gold but saving for mine carts).

#6581 2012-05-13 16:27:05

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

NeilWest wrote:

Started new 1.2 survival. So far, I'm living in a village and I'm up to iron tools (I found gold but saving for mine carts).

Gold sucks. Make blocks and show it off.

#6582 2012-05-13 16:45:27

Animeboy975
Scratcher

My sister's friend showed her how to duplicate items, And it works.

What to do:

1. Press "Q" to throw item
2. Save and quit out of world
3. Go back to world
4. Pick up item
5. Exit out of minecraft Btw,DON'T SAVE WORLD.
6. Go back to minecraft
7. Go to world
8. Enjoy double items

My sister did it today, and she ended up with like 5 stacks of diomands.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#6583 2012-05-13 17:09:22

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

I think everybody has minecraft all wrong...

Let's start with Herobrine. Herobrine is god. He creates the world, only to have you show up, and start destroying things. So, he comes up with a plan; fight back. At nightfall, he comes and attacks. But you hide, the coward you are. You sleep in a bed, safe and secure from the world. Then, you decide you want to kill things the night after. So, he fights back again, only to be defeated. Then, he decides to build the stronghold. The only place he can keep his most fearful beast; the enderdragon. The enderdragon is too big, so he makes a portal to a large floating island. Time wears on, and the portal closes. Only to be awakened by the destructive player. Little does he know, he's being watched. The battle rages on, only for the dragon to be defeated. Herobrine is mad. You've won. There's nothing else to do, but he doesn't give up. He never will. The nether is his realm, far away from you and all of the destruction, but you got there, too.

We take and destroy. Because we can. Why? Just why?

I'm writing a short story on the creation of minecraft from the 'enemies' eyes (herobrine)

Last edited by G0D_M0D3 (2012-05-13 17:18:51)

#6584 2012-05-13 18:40:47

samtwheels
Scratcher

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

Let's start with Herobrine. Herobrine is god. He creates the world, only to have you show up, and start destroying things. So, he comes up with a plan; fight back. At nightfall, he comes and attacks. But you hide, the coward you are. You sleep in a bed, safe and secure from the world. Then, you decide you want to kill things the night after. So, he fights back again, only to be defeated. Then, he decides to build the stronghold. The only place he can keep his most fearful beast; the enderdragon. The enderdragon is too big, so he makes a portal to a large floating island. Time wears on, and the portal closes. Only to be awakened by the destructive player. Little does he know, he's being watched. The battle rages on, only for the dragon to be defeated. Herobrine is mad. You've won. There's nothing else to do, but he doesn't give up. He never will. The nether is his realm, far away from you and all of the destruction, but you got there, too.

I'm writing a short story on the creation of minecraft from the 'enemies' eyes (herobrine)

*cough*herobrine isn't real*cough*

#6585 2012-05-13 18:44:32

ProgrammingFreak
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

My sister's friend showed her how to duplicate items, And it works.

What to do:

1. Press "Q" to throw item
2. Save and quit out of world
3. Go back to world
4. Pick up item
5. Exit out of minecraft Btw,DON'T SAVE WORLD.
6. Go back to minecraft
7. Go to world
8. Enjoy double items

My sister did it today, and she ended up with like 5 stacks of diomands.

Yeah I saw that on a video before.

#6586 2012-05-13 18:44:37

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

samtwheels wrote:

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

There has to be a creator. If you think about it, he's god. Some people don't believe, but he's there.

No more religion.

#6587 2012-05-13 21:58:45

The-Whiz
Scratcher

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

samtwheels wrote:

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

There has to be a creator. If you think about it, he's god. Some people don't believe, but he's there.

No more religion.

A creator of what?

#6588 2012-05-13 23:52:53

NeighbourhoodSniper
New Scratcher

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

Actually the WorldGen classes create the world and the stronghold, entityDragon is the enderdragon, and renderDragon is what creates the dragon, herobrine isn't in minecraft.jar and he isn't real, if what you're saying is right I think he'd actually step in and do something other than stare from a distance.

#6589 2012-05-14 00:17:53

Happypieman
Scratcher

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

samtwheels wrote:

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

No more religion.

Whatever happened to Notch?

2012--The biggest troll ever.

#6590 2012-05-14 00:20:00

Happypieman
Scratcher

Also, the textures in my game are overlapping eachother. So while there is a tree trunk, one 'texture pixel' is gravel. It just so happens that in terrain.png, gravel is next to the tree trunk. I think it's something to do with java, as one of my other Java games is doing the exact same thing. I have re-installed java countless times, got the JDK and everything! WHAT CAN I DO?!?!?

2012--The biggest troll ever.

#6591 2012-05-14 00:21:35

jji7skyline
Scratcher

We are humans. We devour resources and destroy the environment. It's what we do.

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!  big_smile

#6592 2012-05-14 00:21:50

NeighbourhoodSniper
New Scratcher

Happypieman wrote:

Also, the textures in my game are overlapping eachother. So while there is a tree trunk, one 'texture pixel' is gravel. It just so happens that in terrain.png, gravel is next to the tree trunk. I think it's something to do with java, as one of my other Java games is doing the exact same thing. I have re-installed java countless times, got the JDK and everything! WHAT CAN I DO?!?!?

Force update on MC and then see if it keeps doing that.

#6593 2012-05-14 00:23:55

jji7skyline
Scratcher

NeighbourhoodSniper wrote:

Happypieman wrote:

Even better, delete minecraft.jar. Minecraft will redownload it for you.

No, it's not the same as deleting system32.

It's probably because the terrain.png is the wrong size, has been resized, or it is slightly off-centre.

#6594 2012-05-14 00:35:02

NeighbourhoodSniper
New Scratcher

jji7skyline wrote:

Happypieman wrote:

Even better, delete minecraft.jar. Minecraft will redownload it for you.

No, it's not the same as deleting system32.

It's probably because the terrain.png is the wrong size, has been resized, or it is slightly off-centre.

Force update is the same as getting a new minecraft.jar, whenever I delete minecraft.jar and start up it just crashes anyway.

#6595 2012-05-14 06:53:18

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

jji7skyline wrote:

We are humans. We devour resources and destroy the environment. It's what we do.

That's what I was getting at.

I live in a small shack, with just a bed, and I don't destroy. Whatever I take, I replant, I never kill, only grow.

#6596 2012-05-14 07:01:17

jji7skyline
Scratcher

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

That's what I was getting at.

I live in a small shack, with just a bed, and I don't destroy. Whatever I take, I replant, I never kill, only grow.

Well, you know I was thinking of making a nature server. No mining. Replant trees. No killing. Farm only small bits of land.  tongue

#6597 2012-05-14 08:15:25

slinger
Scratcher

Happypieman wrote:

JDK? You should be getting the JRE.
tongue

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#6598 2012-05-14 10:26:35

spongebob123
Scratcher

G0D_M0D3 wrote:

Actually the WorldGen classes create the world and the stronghold, entityDragon is the enderdragon, and renderDragon is what creates the dragon, herobrine isn't in minecraft.jar and he isn't real, if what you're saying is right I think he'd actually step in and do something other than stare from a distance.

get it
rENDERdragon
lol

#6599 2012-05-14 10:45:41

Alternatives
Scratcher

i've decided to give the whole adventure map thing another go. working on one called deformes, which is basically a better planned version of cryteria.

http://i42.tinypic.com/98vmms.png
Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say. I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way.

#6600 2012-05-14 11:11:30

Sunrise-Moon
Scratcher

jji7skyline wrote:

I know this is going to sound horribly selfish so I'll say it anyways: did you ever consider those resources were there for us to devour? Sure, we should be better stewards of the environment and manage resources better, but many of these things would go unused if not for humans. It'd almost be a waste not to use the natural resources occuring underground.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u427/HulKDzN/RebornBlade.png

Board footer