This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#4751 2012-05-07 22:26:17

veggieman001
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

I care with all of my heart.

#4752 2012-05-07 22:46:09

Meapinator101
Scratcher

Dear Scratch team,
       I would like to be a scratch curator because I really love scratching and will choose projects that showcase scratch's values and show the people who made them at their best. If I were to become a scratch moderator I would choose many different types of projects including (but not limited to) RPGs, Side Scrollers, puzzles, animations, stories, remixes, tutoring projects, and many other projects. I would be sure to pick projects that most people have not seen and will try to put many new projects up every couple of days. As a scratch Curator or even as a plain scratcher I will promise to try my hardest, help and respect others, and have fun. I hope you consider me as a curator and I know that if I am elected I will try my hardest and continue to Imagine-Program and Share.

Thank You,

Meapinator101

Last edited by Meapinator101 (2012-05-07 22:49:01)

http://i.imgur.com/QR1fV.png

#4753 2012-05-08 10:11:51

mrwalters
New Scratcher

Dude,

Why are you deleting all of your stuff? My students use your projects every day. What gives? What's going on?

Dragon33429 wrote:

Id like at least one of my projects on the screen and that will be Dragonballz and Pokemon vote so scratchers can vote because there are a whole bunch of scratchers who love Pokemon or Dragonballz!Also I want others to see and at least make good comments for my projects to help me make more of them.I may not have the link to the project but I have the address to my page!It's on the 1rst page!

http://scratch.mit.edu/users/Dragon33429

#4754 2012-05-08 11:12:38

ScratchGameMaster
Scratcher

I see these scratchers, who obviously put a ton of work into their projects. Almost 1 out of every 50 of those are even LIKELY to make the front page. I think it is really discouraging to find yourself only looking at your own projects. I know I did. I got curated twice, because people loved my projects! I had a spark of hope inside of me, and was encouraged to make more projects! I made friends, people kept commenting on how they loved it, and I was delighted! I think if I gave people that chance, they too would have a spark of hope that would light an inferno. People here do scratch because they like programming games, and some of them (such as me) want to do real programming for my job when I grow up. If I give someone a chance to live their dream job, I think it would encourage them to try harder. It would be fair for me to post 3 different projects every day, so I can give that opportunity to others. I hope you look at this, and consider me for this important job. Thank you for your time, and consideration for reading this post.

~Scratchgamemaster

^ The comment above me is amazing!

#4755 2012-05-08 18:48:46

humhumgames
Scratcher

ScratchGameMaster wrote:

I see these scratchers, who obviously put a ton of work into their projects. Almost 1 out of every 50 of those are even LIKELY to make the front page. I think it is really discouraging to find yourself only looking at your own projects. I know I did. I got curated twice, because people loved my projects! I had a spark of hope inside of me, and was encouraged to make more projects! I made friends, people kept commenting on how they loved it, and I was delighted! I think if I gave people that chance, they too would have a spark of hope that would light an inferno. People here do scratch because they like programming games, and some of them (such as me) want to do real programming for my job when I grow up. If I give someone a chance to live their dream job, I think it would encourage them to try harder. It would be fair for me to post 3 different projects every day, so I can give that opportunity to others. I hope you look at this, and consider me for this important job. Thank you for your time, and consideration for reading this post.

~Scratchgamemaster

You deserve to be a curator.

#4756 2012-05-08 18:52:06

AgentRoop
Scratcher

humhumgames wrote:

ScratchGameMaster wrote:

~Scratchgamemaster

+1, just amazing. I feel very similar to this. Just yesterday, a curator said that they would curate my collabs game once it's finished. It's so exciting!  smile

La La
I wrote an album.

#4757 2012-05-08 19:06:08

humhumgames
Scratcher

@AgentRoop

Yup! First time one of the projects I worked on (Partly) will get curated!

#4758 2012-05-08 20:00:51

TheBajeebas
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

mhm

http://i.imgur.com/jOkeD.jpg

#4759 2012-05-08 20:09:07

pokepen
Scratcher

I Really Don't Want People Quitting Scratch. Every 1/200 Projects Get On The Front Page. People May Not Get Enough Attention On There Projects. I Try To Find Projects That Don't Get Front Paged, Regardless Of Who Likes It.

#4760 2012-05-08 20:52:05

AgentRoop
Scratcher

humhumgames wrote:

@AgentRoop

Yup! First time one of the projects I worked on (Partly) will get curated!

same.  smile
So exciting. I love this curator idea!

La La
I wrote an album.

#4761 2012-05-08 20:53:57

AgentRoop
Scratcher

pokepen wrote:

I Really Don't Want People Quitting Scratch. Every 1/200 Projects Get On The Front Page. People May Not Get Enough Attention On There Projects. I Try To Find Projects That Don't Get Front Paged, Regardless Of Who Likes It.

You only have to capitalize the first letter of each sentence, not word. Plus, you should put projects on the front page that deserve it.

La La
I wrote an album.

#4762 2012-05-08 21:30:58

coolhogs
Scratcher

SCRATCH TEAM, PLEASE READ:

I ask myself WHY, HOW, WHOM, and WHAT; WHY I would like to become curator, HOW I would curate projects, WHOM I should curate, WHAT I should curate. thus dividing this into 4 categories.

WHY:
Most projects don't get on the front page. They just get into the newest projects category for a few minutes, then they vanIsh. Unfortunately, some of these projects are very good. If I was chosen to be curator, then these projects would soon become legends. Remember Kaj? Well, he/she was a Scratcher who claimed that his projects weren't famous, and then threatened to destroy Scratch. With me, that would never happen again.

HOW:
I would curate projects using this key:
Programming: /5
Art: /5
Sound: /5
Appropriate-ness: /5
Below 10 Views/Love-its/Favorites: /10

I will explain why I chose this key:
Programming: Explains how much is complex. This doesn't matter. The project can be complex, or the project can be small.
Art: Creativity of using the Scratch Paint Editor or any other paint program to create art
Sounds: The 3rd most important part of this key. Sounds range from sound effects to full-time songs. Sounds is an important part of this key, because the sounds rely on the art. For example, if a project has a slow character, it would be best to put in a slow song, than a hyper song.
Appropriate-ness: The 1st important part of this key. Appropriate-ness defines if it's suitable for children or not. If it isn't suitable, then I wouldn't curate it. Instead I would flag it.
Below 10 Views/Love-its/Favorites: The 2nd important part of this key. If it's below 10 views/love-its/favorites, it will be curated. If it isn't, then I would not curate it. I would instead say to the project creator, “If it doesn't get above 10 views/love-its/favorites in the [time left as curator divided by 2], I will curate it.”

Whom:
I would curate users with:
No Fame (No front paged project)
Who have been on Scratch for at least 1 month
Who have a variety of projects

What:
I would curate:
Platformers (Raycasters, Scrollers, Static)
Animations (Funny ones not ones with just the Scratch Cat walking around)
Simulation: (Like Cloning Machines, Chat, Gravity)
I already have most of my projects picked out.

Last edited by coolhogs (2012-05-10 21:35:39)

Get ready for domination of:  tongue

#4763 2012-05-09 09:37:59

veggieman001
Scratcher

TheBajeebas wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

mhm

;_;

I just feel like all the speeches are the same and everyone wants the same thing and they're getting super methodical about it so my curation would be like a nice break.

#4764 2012-05-09 10:29:37

rippertear
Scratcher

repeat until <(answer)=[yes]>
ask [may I please be a curator?] and wait
end
forever
say [thanks a lot!] for (2)
switch to costume [smiling]
end

http://i48.tinypic.com/264on5s.png

#4765 2012-05-09 10:38:46

ScratchGameMaster
Scratcher

AgentRoop wrote:

humhumgames wrote:

ScratchGameMaster wrote:

~Scratchgamemaster

+1, just amazing. I feel very similar to this. Just yesterday, a curator said that they would curate my collabs game once it's finished. It's so exciting!  smile

@ both
  big_smile  thank you! I hope I do. I already have in mind what projects i'd do  big_smile

#4766 2012-05-09 10:56:18

ProgrammingFreak
Scratcher

Congrats chanmanparty!  smile

#4767 2012-05-09 11:31:17

SciTecCf
Scratcher

I would LOVE to become a curator!

I like projects that are fun, creative, and are nicely programmed. My favorite type of project is something that you can use in real life (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/hmnwilson/1995360) and platformers (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/scratchn8/1742095)(http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/mcjohnso/2478032).

http://bit.ly/LCZEJRhttp://bit.ly/LSONcOhttp://bit.ly/LF3vIc
http://trinary.site40.net/images/scratchrank.php?username=SciTecCf&amp;display=small

#4768 2012-05-09 13:52:02

chrisbown
Scratcher

May I become a curator, i like action games, projects that including scrolling and RPG's or any otheramazing stuff i am interested in, the project must have under 200 views. i may be a bit of a weirdo but i am up for the job whenever nessacary. i mainly look for the programming, some of my judging will be on the artwork and animation.

who i curate:

people who have not been on the front page exept newest stuff and SDS.

People with a bit of respect of getting curated.

People who are skilled at scratch and can create many kinds of stuff.

and finally nice people who care about others and themselves.

Last edited by chrisbown (2012-05-09 14:00:14)

check out this: Tank physicshttp://scratch.mit.edu/projects/hamstercake11/3082288

#4769 2012-05-09 14:54:59

angelica101
Scratcher

Okay my speech.

Helo all. I would like to be curator because I know a selection of projects with LESS than 5 views that are worthy of front page. I love scrollers, claymation, and legomation, but my absolute FAVORITE projects are AMVs. I won't pick shooters or anything with too much blood.

Thanks, Angie.

Help with music please!|Nate, new OC! Bye 1.4... We'll miss you! http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/298/4/4/44c5a8acdd0f4bf07c2c5b86371ccfd3-d5ivtt4.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/24xf442.png

#4770 2012-05-10 10:31:05

ScratchGameMaster
Scratcher

ProgrammingFreak wrote:

Congrats chanmanparty!  smile

+1  big_smile

#4771 2012-05-11 07:36:16

frezzyflame
Scratcher

I would like the scratch team to cincoter me being a curator.If i am chosen i will chose projects thai i think are good,not because they are my friends,ask me to use their project of they try being super nice to me.If i am chosen,i promise never to repost the same comment or break any scratch rules.Thank you for you're conciteration.

-Frezzyflame

Last edited by frezzyflame (2012-05-11 07:37:03)

#4772 2012-05-12 17:13:36

Pikapika12
New Scratcher

joletole wrote:

Pikapika12 wrote:

ExtremelyGamer wrote:

When is the new curator going to be selected?! I am so excited on who it is going to be!

It's going to be chanmanpartyman!

How do you know?

Paddle2See told me!  smile

#4773 2012-05-12 20:31:41

Techno_Geek_Games
Scratcher

I believe that people want things out of the ordinary, special things.  If you choose me as curator I will curate the best, funniest, most ingenious, projects on scratch.  (if you make  me curator please do it after June 10 though because I have school before that).

#4774 2012-05-13 02:38:35

CoolScrawl
Scratcher

I'd love to become a scratch curator!  big_smile

http://i.imgur.com/sFkNT3c.gif

#4775 2012-05-13 07:44:12

general1
Scratcher

If i were a curator, i would judge the projects by usage of blocks, and scripts. Also, I am aware that it is not always easy to draw on the computor, so I would judge the art by not the quality, but by the effort put in to it.
Also, I would like to be a curator, because it would give me a chance to show new scratchers, because there are some really good project examples that should be seen, but are overlooked.
As well, I would not judge the projects by what I like or dislike.(that is an important lesson I learned from Cheddargirl)
So, these are some reasons why I would like to be a curator.

Last edited by general1 (2012-05-13 07:44:56)

-general1

Board footer