This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#4726 2012-05-05 00:08:50

the_new_test
New Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

You have to manually go through all of the posts in this topic and find them, unless there is a topic on the wiki (if not, I'll probably make one)

#4727 2012-05-05 00:14:04

pi3
Scratcher

the_new_test wrote:

You have to manually go through all of the posts in this topic and find them, unless there is a topic on the wiki (if not, I'll probably make one)

That would be helpful. Do you have an account on the wiki? I could help.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ofdhc4.jpgThanks FreshStudios!

#4728 2012-05-05 00:19:34

chanmanpartyman
Scratcher

Yeah, it's me. I keep doing that! I really need to check who I am logged on to.  tongue  I'm about to start on the page if you want to help.
[/offtopic]

#4729 2012-05-05 18:52:43

coolhogs
Scratcher

pi3 wrote:

the_new_test wrote:

Me tool.

Get ready for domination of:  tongue

#4730 2012-05-05 18:58:12

wolvesstar97
Scratcher

coolhogs wrote:

pi3 wrote:

the_new_test wrote:

Me tool.

You're a tool? Wow!

Anyways, anyone have a link to the wiki page, or is it not made yet? I'll help.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33551365/psyko.png

#4731 2012-05-05 19:06:48

PullJosh
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

coolhogs wrote:

pi3 wrote:

Me tool.

You're a tool? Wow!

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?action=text&string=I'm_on_vacation!&xpos=155&ypos=90&font_size=30&bgimage=http://imageshack.us/a/img339/7215/sspeechsigapiforwords.png

#4732 2012-05-05 19:11:06

RedRocker227
Scratcher

coolhogs wrote:

pi3 wrote:

the_new_test wrote:

Me tool.

Good for you.

Why

#4733 2012-05-05 19:52:57

pi3
Scratcher

PullJosh wrote:

wolvesstar97 wrote:

coolhogs wrote:

Me tool.

You're a tool? Wow!

No, we want to make a list of the curators' speeches.

#4734 2012-05-05 21:28:06

wolvesstar97
Scratcher

pi3 wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

wolvesstar97 wrote:

You're a tool? Wow!

Should I make a page titled 'Speeches of all past curators'?

Here's mine, I was 72:

SCRATCH TEAM: Please know that this is a serious application, not one of the thousand cockamamie "I wanna be a curator" posts.

I would like to be a curator. As a curator I would select projects that are just generally well done, but mostly favoring towards projects that use a lot of variables and operators, because those tend to be more advanced, along with projects that create music. I enjoy watching the Example projects because I think that those are an example of the type of projects that should be curated. I also would pick a lot of projects that use Scratch PicoBoards and WeDo's. Those are rarely seen on Scratch. I know that picking projects by New Scratchers is a good idea in heart, but let’s face it; most new scratchers are just that- new, lacking more depth. However, I have seen 3D renderings loaded in Scratch by New Scratchers. Back to the curating, I also would pick projects made in Blender or other things like that. Well, I hope I will be a serious candidate in curator selection.

Last edited by wolvesstar97 (2012-05-05 21:31:52)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33551365/psyko.png

#4735 2012-05-06 11:03:40

coolhogs
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

pi3 wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

Here's mine, I was 72:

SCRATCH TEAM: Please know that this is a serious application, not one of the thousand cockamamie "I wanna be a curator" posts.

I would like to be a curator. As a curator I would select projects that are just generally well done, but mostly favoring towards projects that use a lot of variables and operators, because those tend to be more advanced, along with projects that create music. I enjoy watching the Example projects because I think that those are an example of the type of projects that should be curated. I also would pick a lot of projects that use Scratch PicoBoards and WeDo's. Those are rarely seen on Scratch. I know that picking projects by New Scratchers is a good idea in heart, but let’s face it; most new scratchers are just that- new, lacking more depth. However, I have seen 3D renderings loaded in Scratch by New Scratchers. Back to the curating, I also would pick projects made in Blender or other things like that. Well, I hope I will be a serious candidate in curator selection.

Serious canidate? What happened to Blob 3??

#4736 2012-05-06 12:23:09

hibiscusthedog
Scratcher

Wait... can you suggest people to become curator? I'm confused but I've heard that you become curator by other people suggesting you.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2b5cm9.gif  Earth without art is just eh. http://i46.tinypic.com/2zf603o.gif

#4737 2012-05-06 12:34:35

hibiscusthedog
Scratcher

Hi! I am interested in applying for the next possible curator job???
If that is possible, can someone from the Scratch team please tell me how I can do this?
Thank you!  smile

http://i50.tinypic.com/2b5cm9.gif  Earth without art is just eh. http://i46.tinypic.com/2zf603o.gif

#4738 2012-05-06 13:16:26

coolhogs
Scratcher

hibiscusthedog wrote:

If that is possible, can someone from the Scratch team please tell me how I can do this?
Thank you!  smile

First of all, you are a new scratcher, and new scratchers can't apply for curator. Second of all, you need to give a speech to apply for curator.

#4739 2012-05-06 13:19:54

Saca312
Scratcher

coolhogs wrote:

hibiscusthedog wrote:

Thank you!  smile

First of all, you are a new scratcher, and new scratchers can't apply for curator. Second of all, you need to give a speech to apply for curator.

a speech? naoo. I was curator and all I did was express on how i'd be good as curator. So you don't HAVE to give a speech, but it is true that new scratchers AREN'T likely to get picked. but soon he'll/she'll be a scratcher someday  smile

http://i.imgur.com/AeIvr.png

#4740 2012-05-06 14:02:16

coolhogs
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

pi3 wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

Here's mine, I was 72:

Already did that here

#4741 2012-05-06 14:50:05

humhumgames
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

pi3 wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

Here's mine, I was 72:

What was it like to be a curator?

#4742 2012-05-06 15:55:50

veggieman001
Scratcher

Hellooooo
I would like to be curator at some point if it wouldn't be too much trouble. I'd curate the most bizarre projects I can find.
thx
veg

#4743 2012-05-06 17:04:24

Firedrake969
Scratcher

THIS IS A REAL APPLICATION, MODERATORS!

I'm applying.  I like projects that feature new, interesting scripts that are rarely seen (like RedRocker227's 1s1s UltraPong).  They should be well-done and have been worked hard on, like at least five hours.  I personally do not think slapdash projecst should be on the front page.  I want projects with good sound and sprites and the owners have put a good effort into it.  For example, a person with a new account may get on with a slightly easier project than one of RedRocker227's (no offense meant) because they are newer to Scratch.  Sadly, I generally only get on Scratch on the weekends.

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#4744 2012-05-06 20:51:45

humhumgames
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

Hellooooo
I would like to be curator at some point if it wouldn't be too much trouble. I'd curate the most bizarre projects I can find.
thx
veg

Is that really your speech?

#4745 2012-05-06 20:54:39

AgentRoop
Scratcher

humhumgames wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

Hellooooo
thx
veg

Yeah, I'm not sure if that's gonna give you a good chance to be curator.  hmm

Last edited by AgentRoop (2012-05-06 20:54:48)

La La
I wrote an album.

#4746 2012-05-06 21:01:59

Puppies4ever
Scratcher

Hello!  smile  My name is Puppies4ever. I have been on scratch for nearly 4 years now. I have been featured twice, curated once, top remixed once, and 5th-top loved once.  I've never been banned or restricted due to negative actions. I go on scratch daily and I animate, draw, and program frequently. I would love to be a curator as I there are many projects I would love to share with the rest of scratch that don't get nearly as much credit as they deserve. If I were curator, I would like to share do-it-yourself, creative sort of projects like dress up games, hairstyling games, room designing games, and coloring games.  I find these colorful yet fun style of games a blast too play with and learn from, as they take both artistic and programming skill! I  would love to share my fascination with these projects with other scratchers, who I think would be inspired by these unique projects.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/31e78e6856613e3187d8c303190fa943/tumblr_mglo3vYmHU1rc63l6o4_250.gif Dogs & horses until the end of time <3

#4747 2012-05-06 21:44:38

pi3
Scratcher

coolhogs wrote:

wolvesstar97 wrote:

pi3 wrote:

Here's mine, I was 72:

Already did that here

Excellent! I'll help later when I have time. It's going to be funny to see the speeches get longer and longer as time goes on.

Last edited by pi3 (2012-05-06 21:45:33)

#4748 2012-05-06 22:27:27

veggieman001
Scratcher

humhumgames wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

Hellooooo
thx
veg

That is my speech and I am sticking to it.

#4749 2012-05-06 22:33:34

Lucario621
Community Moderator

AgentRoop wrote:

humhumgames wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

Hellooooo
thx
veg

Let's be kind while judging each other's speeches.  smile  Rather than just criticizing another person's speech, it might be better to give suggestions and constructive criticism to help them make it better.  smile

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#4750 2012-05-06 22:50:38

soupoftomato
Scratcher

AgentRoop wrote:

humhumgames wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

Hellooooo
thx
veg

Meh, I honestly doubt veggieman cares that much.
He probably just gave it on the off chance.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

Board footer