This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#276 2012-04-01 11:42:03

DIY
Scratcher

Re: Frozen Coco - The Online Rock Band

technoguyx wrote:

DIY wrote:

Did you realise it was an April Fool! I was just pulling your leg!  tongue

Heh, didn't even consider that possibility.

LOL! Glad to anyway hear that you aren't grounded anymore!  tongue

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/DIYmit/simple-blue-1024jpg.jpg

#277 2012-04-01 23:36:53

DIY
Scratcher

hpotter134 wrote:

DIY wrote:

...ask hpotter134 if he could sing this, so we can determine if his voice suits the song..

I'm not much of a singer either...you probably don't want me as lead singer...but if you want, there's a track of me singing up on soundcloud...

You are a great singer, don't worry! I wouldn't mind you as a lead singer, if you can pitch alright. BTW, I looove 'Faithfully', it's a great song!

#278 2012-04-01 23:54:19

DIY
Scratcher

FreshStudios wrote:

Gone (demo/cover/sample)

I love the song!

Woah, that's an overload of autotune. I'm sure your normal voice will sound great with the track!

Listen, we really need you to sing our songs since we haven't been able to find a good enough vocalist. I opened up an auditions thread, but none who signed up satisfied me enough. You have a great voice, and great capability. You're the only active Scratcher I know who can pitch very well and has good depth and variation in your voice. If you were able to record 'Gone', you surely have a mic with you, right? I need you to upload that 'Gone' cover (the backing track shouldn't be heard) without autotune and record the three songs linked on the first post of this thread (again, the backing track shouldn't be heard).

I would greatly appreciate it if you did that!

Last edited by DIY (2012-04-01 23:56:33)

#279 2012-04-02 22:23:25

technoguyx
Scratcher

I finally got around to listening to the auditions. KalinaStar, VanillaCreme, FreshStudios and hungergamesfanatic, am I right?

If I had to pick right now between those 4, I'd pick FreshStudios (minus the effects - she seems to add LOADS of reverb to her recordings and it's pretty annoying, I'd love to hear some of her singing without any effects) as the first priority and KalinaStar as the second (she only has some problems modulating at times, but that was on the first WIBY demo and I haven't listened to the final).

I didn't know Reload had lyrics, either.  tongue  Are they designer45's or someone else's?

EDIT: Random idea, we could extend the last chorus of Gone while it fades out and either a guitar solo or some spoken words are played. Those spoken words should be in a deep voice and quite subtle, I could record them.

I'm also considering changing the lyrics if you guys don't mind, looking back I think they sound pretty cheesy at times.  lol

Last edited by technoguyx (2012-04-02 22:32:05)

http://getgnulinux.org/links/en/linuxliberated_4_78x116.png

#280 2012-04-02 22:41:41

zippynk
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

EDIT: Random idea, we could extend the last chorus of Gone while it fades out and either a guitar solo or some spoken words are played. Those spoken words should be in a deep voice and quite subtle, I could record them.

Another suggestion for gone (I suggested this awhile ago, I think it got overlooked):

Have the violin split into harmony at the beginning of measure 62. (You would need to record multiple violin tracks.)

Last edited by zippynk (2012-04-02 22:42:33)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60598636/trifocal_interlude_soundcloud_button.png

#281 2012-04-02 23:29:27

DIY
Scratcher

zippynk wrote:

technoguyx wrote:

Another suggestion for gone (I suggested this awhile ago, I think it got overlooked):

Have the violin split into harmony at the beginning of measure 62. (You would need to record multiple violin tracks.)

I told you, DO NOT POST HERE! This thread is for band members only! You've suggested that like four times already and if no one's told anything, that probably means it is not a good idea. It is very annoying when we have someone else posting when he/she should not be posting. The band will look into these matters and I assure everyone that the finished result will be good.

#282 2012-04-02 23:37:05

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

I finally got around to listening to the auditions. KalinaStar, VanillaCreme, FreshStudios and hungergamesfanatic, am I right?

If I had to pick right now between those 4, I'd pick FreshStudios (minus the effects - she seems to add LOADS of reverb to her recordings and it's pretty annoying, I'd love to hear some of her singing without any effects) as the first priority and KalinaStar as the second (she only has some problems modulating at times, but that was on the first WIBY demo and I haven't listened to the final).

I didn't know Reload had lyrics, either.  tongue  Are they designer45's or someone else's?

I'm also considering changing the lyrics if you guys don't mind, looking back I think they sound pretty cheesy at times.  lol

I would go with your same order of vocalists. It's a shame though since FreshStudios said she would not be able to record in April, which means in that case Crimson Love's release needs to be delayed to maybe May/June. I'm not convinced that the rest will entirely suit our style of songs, so if FreshStudios is the best option we've got, I say we go with her. I have already contacted her and she should get back to me hopefully very soon.

I added the lyrics to Reload. designer45 merely created the intro, but all the rest was done by me!  tongue

I like your idea for Gone. It may get things delayed though especially because hpotter134 takes a long time to contact us and upload his tracks, so the guitar solo may be a problem. I'd love to hear you sing the fade out you have in mind for Gone (if it is fitting). I've mixed the tracks already like I mentioned (all master tracks are complete), so I'll have to find time to mix again in that case. Also, will it go with Locker's solo violin?

I agree with the lyrics for Gone, but it also is fine as it is!  big_smile

#283 2012-04-02 23:40:39

veggieman001
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

zippynk wrote:

technoguyx wrote:

I told you, DO NOT POST HERE! This thread is for band members only! You've suggested that like four times already and if no one's told anything, that probably means it is not a good idea. It is very annoying when we have someone else posting when he/she should not be posting. The band will look into these matters and I assure everyone that the finished result will be good.

Can you please calm down? Yelling isn't going to help you at all. Now you can't really prevent users from posting on a thread if they want to, unless you're going to report all of their posts. You can politely ask them to not post, but you can't really stop them. If you don't want certain people to post, start your own forum.

Also, they were just giving a friendly suggestion. If you get ignored, you kind of assume that nobody's listening to you, not that they don't like what you said. You could have just said politely that you didn't like the idea.

Cheers

#284 2012-04-02 23:56:53

veggieman001
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Can you please calm down? Yelling isn't going to help you at all. Now you can't really prevent users from posting on a thread if they want to, unless you're going to report all of their posts. You can politely ask them to not post, but you can't really stop them. If you don't want certain people to post, start your own forum.

Also, they were just giving a friendly suggestion. If you get ignored, you kind of assume that nobody's listening to you, not that they don't like what you said. You could have just said politely that you didn't like the idea.

Cheers

I suggest you do not poke your nose into business that you have no idea of. I did indeed tell him not to post several times. I wasn't yelling. I was stressing the fact. If I have suggested already for you not to post here (and so has Paddle2See), why do you keep posting?

I don't "have no idea of" this business. I've been following this thread quite some time and all I'm doing is trying to prevent fighting from happening. I'm posting to protect fellow Scratchers and prevent it happening again.  smile

#285 2012-04-02 23:59:18

DIY
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

DIY wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

Cheers

I suggest you do not poke your nose into business that you have no idea of. I did indeed tell him not to post several times. I wasn't yelling. I was stressing the fact. If I have suggested already for you not to post here (and so has Paddle2See), why do you keep posting?

I don't "have no idea of" this business. I've been following this thread quite some time and all I'm doing is trying to prevent fighting from happening. I'm posting to protect fellow Scratchers and prevent it happening again.  smile

Thanks, but you have sparked up hostile atmosphere on this thread whenever you've intervened, so I'd appreciate it if you refrain from posting here.

#286 2012-04-03 00:07:27

veggieman001
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Thanks, but you have sparked up hostile atmosphere on this thread whenever you've intervened, so I'd appreciate it if you refrain from posting here.

Actually, I've been intervening whenever a hostile atmosphere has sparked up, like when you were being so forceful with zippynk. Again, that could have easily been avoided if you just gave your criticisms on their idea.  smile

Cheers

#287 2012-04-03 00:13:25

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

DIY wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Hostile atmosphere is a two-way street. It only gets worse if you respond to it. ._.

zippynk comment doesn't seem to be provoking at all (it only looks he's trying to give helpful feedback), neither does veggieman001's at this point seem snappy. You could simply just give a friendly reminder that you're not looking for outside feedback or help, or you could send a report over to the Scratch Team if you think someone is blatantly ignoring your wishes to tick you off, or you could just ignore them if the comment is not really that detrimental - but in any case, it's not a good idea to snap back just because you don't want them posting there.

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#288 2012-04-03 00:14:49

DIY
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

DIY wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

Actually, I've been intervening whenever a hostile atmosphere has sparked up, like when you were being so forceful with zippynk. Again, that could have easily been avoided if you just gave your criticisms on their idea.  smile

Cheers

Well, what about your accusations? It's easy for you to ignore that. As I mentioned earlier, I was not yelling at him, but merely stressing the fact that he should not post here. If any non-member of the band wants to contact us, just post on the auditions forum in the Requests section. So I'd appreciate it, if you want to reply, do so there as this discussion is already clogging this thread.

#289 2012-04-03 00:19:51

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

cheddargirl wrote:

DIY wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

Hostile atmosphere is a two-way street. It only gets worse if you respond to it. ._.

zippynk comment doesn't seem to be provoking at all (it only looks he's trying to give helpful feedback), neither does veggieman001's at this point seem snappy. You could simply just give a friendly reminder that you're not looking for outside feedback or help, or you could send a report over to the Scratch Team if you think someone is blatantly ignoring your wishes to tick you off, or you could just ignore them if the comment is not really that detrimental - but in any case, it's not a good idea to snap back just because you don't want them posting there.

Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#290 2012-04-03 00:42:41

DIY
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

DIY wrote:

All right. I understand what you mean; I did sound a bit hostile too and I apologise for that. Do you think you could delete all the posts from post #283 onwards (including this), except post #284?

Thanks, cheddargirl. Again, I realise my mistake and I'd appreciate it if you could delete the posts I requested.  smile

#291 2012-04-03 01:00:05

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

DIY wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

All right. I understand what you mean; I did sound a bit hostile too and I apologise for that. Do you think you could delete all the posts from post #283 onwards (including this), except post #284?

Thanks, cheddargirl. Again, I realise my mistake and I'd appreciate it if you could delete the posts I requested.  smile

With all due respect, I would just leave the thread as is for now and just remind you to just to make sure what you post on the forums in-check. Often times leaving up comments by the Scratch Team after they have tried to settled a situation is that users (especially those who might want to post on the same thread) can see what is and what isn't okay to do around here - good teaching moments for everyone, not just those who are involved in the fray.  wink

#292 2012-04-03 01:04:09

DIY
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

DIY wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

With all due respect, I would just leave the thread as is for now and just remind you to just to make sure what you post on the forums in-check. Often times leaving up comments by the Scratch Team after they have tried to settled a situation is that users (especially those who might want to post on the same thread) can see what is and what isn't okay to do around here - good teaching moments for everyone, not just those who are involved in the fray.  wink

I respect your opinion, but this is my thread. I really don't want unnecessary arguments cluttering this topic. Could you hence please delete the posts?

#293 2012-04-03 05:37:40

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

DIY wrote:

I would remind you that this is a public forum and the public is allowed to participate in the discussions that take place on it.  You, of course, do not have take the suggestions that are offered.  A simple polite response something like  "Thanks for your interest but I am happy with the decisions that have been made" would be a much better approach.  As cheddargirl points out, it takes two to fight and your behavior is contributing to a hostile environment. 

Perhaps you would be happier conducting your band discussions in a less public location such as on project or gallery comments.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#294 2012-04-03 07:23:14

DIY
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

DIY wrote:

I would remind you that this is a public forum and the public is allowed to participate in the discussions that take place on it.  You, of course, do not have take the suggestions that are offered.  A simple polite response something like  "Thanks for your interest but I am happy with the decisions that have been made" would be a much better approach.  As cheddargirl points out, it takes two to fight and your behavior is contributing to a hostile environment. 

Perhaps you would be happier conducting your band discussions in a less public location such as on project or gallery comments.

As much as I appreciate what you say, could you please get rid of these unnecessary posts...? I do not deny that I share part of the blame. The reason for me getting annoyed was because zippynk has told that same thing three of four times already, and despite several (rather polite, for the record) warnings, he still kept posting. I have mentioned in the first post also that this is for band members only, so really, after all these measures, really it's quite frustrating. It is sad to see that no action is being taken yet to delete these posts on my forum. I think you've rubbed the message in enough already. There, you can go ahead with the deleting of posts now, and I will ensure that this does not happen again.

#295 2012-04-03 11:50:27

technoguyx
Scratcher

Well, you obviously can't deny one's desire to post in a certain thread - exactly why having a "public" thread and a "private" one never worked well. Especially when the public one is specifically for auditions - one would assume that if you don't want to audition, you'd post in the main thread.

Some few posts by someone not in the band isn't too much harm for us. Zippynk is suggesting something for a song, and though I do agree with you DIY, when you say the song is good enough without what he suggests (sorry), and though it's apparently the third time he repeats the same, he should be free to post in this thread (that doesn't mean he should insist on his idea though, that never works).

I wrote some quick lyrics plus a speech of sorts for Gone last night, might post it here later today.

http://getgnulinux.org/links/en/linuxliberated_4_78x116.png

#296 2012-04-03 12:08:59

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

Well, you obviously can't deny one's desire to post in a certain thread - exactly why having a "public" thread and a "private" one never worked well. Especially when the public one is specifically for auditions - one would assume that if you don't want to audition, you'd post in the main thread.

Some few posts by someone not in the band isn't too much harm for us. Zippynk is suggesting something for a song, and though I do agree with you DIY, when you say the song is good enough without what he suggests (sorry), and though it's apparently the third time he repeats the same, he should be free to post in this thread (that doesn't mean he should insist on his idea though, that never works).

I wrote some quick lyrics plus a speech of sorts for Gone last night, might post it here later today.

The latter sounds great! Good to see you understand the situation. I say we wait for FreshStudios to upload her vocals, and if it is soon, that's great!

#297 2012-04-03 23:14:32

DIY
Scratcher

Techno, you have to check this out!

- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link3

We are really inspirational! I've had many people say that to me about us.

Anyway, could you check your e-mail coz I sent you a reply a few days ago? And the post above this contains the code for the signatures. All band members can start wearing it.

#298 2012-04-03 23:21:01

veggieman001
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

The thing was that nobody had said anything to zippynk though, so he didn't know whether he was being heard or not.

#299 2012-04-03 23:25:23

DIY
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

technoguyx wrote:

The thing was that nobody had said anything to zippynk though, so he didn't know whether he was being heard or not.

... I did tell him repeatedly, and when it kept posting, I reported all posts, but I'm convinced he saw those warnings...

I would greatly appreciate it if you let this topic go. It's over with, the issue has been discussed, and there's no reason to drag it on. We're through with that.

#300 2012-04-03 23:49:00

veggieman001
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

technoguyx wrote:

... I did tell him repeatedly, and when it kept posting, I reported all posts, but I'm convinced he saw those warnings...

I would greatly appreciate it if you let this topic go. It's over with, the issue has been discussed, and there's no reason to drag it on. We're through with that.

You did say twice to not post here, but you said nothing of his suggestion.

And I would just let it drop, but I've done that with very similar things here in the past and they keep happening.

Board footer