This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5776 2012-02-25 18:09:46

Liru
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

PlutoIsHades wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

PlutoIsHades wrote:

My sister and I are writing an MC parody of "Don't Stop Believing."

Don't Stop Creating?

Don't Stop Digging.  big_smile

Creating sounds better.

#5777 2012-02-25 21:29:42

samtwheels
Scratcher

I love building treehouses in the snapshot.

#5778 2012-02-26 03:04:10

slinger
Scratcher

slinger wrote:

==Sling's Guide to PvP==

Ok, so most of you will just skip this but um yeah just read it if you are being beaten by the big dude with the diamond sword.
So my tactic is very simple, use other minecrafter's fighting method to your advantage. That's right move, I've seen many minecrafter's go mob hunting basically this is how it works: 1. run up to mob with diamond sword. 2. click randomly without moving right or left backwards or forwards. (No criticism here just telling you what I see).
Now imagine if the same dude here just had a stone sword, I don't thik he would be so hasty to go hunting eh? Well how does this relate to pvp you ask. It does because my point is that when PvPing you really need you move like really.
So now you know you need to move but in what direction, well think of it this way you're trying to make yourself really hard to hit right? So moving backward and forward is kinda pointless. Right and left are your friends here. Moving to the right (or left) and forward while keeping your mouse pointer still on your foe works like magic. You end up behind the dude who is swinging his diamond sword. Now don't stop but swing like crazy while always being ready to move behind your foe again. With this simple article you can be beating the snot out of people with diamond swords with a simple iron sword.
===
tell me what you think  smile

No feedback, really?

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#5779 2012-02-26 04:39:46

Alternatives
Scratcher

I have always been a good fistfighter as well as fencer and what I do is pummel the guy if he has weak tactics and use tactics when he's good.

http://i42.tinypic.com/98vmms.png
Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say. I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way.

#5780 2012-02-26 05:34:03

werdna123
Scratcher

slinger wrote:

slinger wrote:

==Sling's Guide to PvP==

Ok, so most of you will just skip this but um yeah just read it if you are being beaten by the big dude with the diamond sword.
So my tactic is very simple, use other minecrafter's fighting method to your advantage. That's right move, I've seen many minecrafter's go mob hunting basically this is how it works: 1. run up to mob with diamond sword. 2. click randomly without moving right or left backwards or forwards. (No criticism here just telling you what I see).
Now imagine if the same dude here just had a stone sword, I don't thik he would be so hasty to go hunting eh? Well how does this relate to pvp you ask. It does because my point is that when PvPing you really need you move like really.
So now you know you need to move but in what direction, well think of it this way you're trying to make yourself really hard to hit right? So moving backward and forward is kinda pointless. Right and left are your friends here. Moving to the right (or left) and forward while keeping your mouse pointer still on your foe works like magic. You end up behind the dude who is swinging his diamond sword. Now don't stop but swing like crazy while always being ready to move behind your foe again. With this simple article you can be beating the snot out of people with diamond swords with a simple iron sword.
===

No feedback, really?

I've been trying it out. It works.

I go on this popular server and was playing Capture the Flag (Capture the Wool Block) with like 20-30 others and this tactic really helped. Thanks.

#5781 2012-02-26 05:39:45

werdna123
Scratcher

Here's my tactic in PVP.

1. Choose a victim. In Capture the Flag I see a lot of people just running at the other team and choosing a random person once they get there. Generally in CTF (capture the flag) people form small groups within each side, so people usually are in groups of maybe 3-5. I either go alone or with one other, so I need to split the group up.

2. Charge at the group, making them split up. If it's a group of 5, usually 3ish will run and 2 will attack. So I get someone else to attack the group with bows with me. By the time they're getting near they will be quite weak. And for some reason they never shoot as they run, probably thinking that as a duo they can take me out.

3. Sword out, and I use Sling's tactic. After that I run for the flag.

I'm not that great at PVP, so this tactic doesn't always work, but it works enough for me to use it.

#5782 2012-02-26 05:45:32

slinger
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

slinger wrote:

slinger wrote:

==Sling's Guide to PvP==

===

No feedback, really?

I've been trying it out. It works.

I go on this popular server and was playing Capture the Flag (Capture the Wool Block) with like 20-30 others and this tactic really helped. Thanks.

You're welcome  smile

#5783 2012-02-26 05:46:11

Liru
Scratcher

I get somewhere high, 1 block above the enemy normally works, once I've been hitting them a bit I will jump over their head and attack from behind, they won't really get where I've gone seeming they won't see much.

#5784 2012-02-26 05:46:55

slinger
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

Here's my tactic in PVP.

1. Choose a victim. In Capture the Flag I see a lot of people just running at the other team and choosing a random person once they get there. Generally in CTF (capture the flag) people form small groups within each side, so people usually are in groups of maybe 3-5. I either go alone or with one other, so I need to split the group up.

2. Charge at the group, making them split up. If it's a group of 5, usually 3ish will run and 2 will attack. So I get someone else to attack the group with bows with me. By the time they're getting near they will be quite weak. And for some reason they never shoot as they run, probably thinking that as a duo they can take me out.

I'm not that great at PVP, so this tactic doesn't always work, but it works enough for me to use it.

Awesome I want to try this  smile  What is the CTF ip?

#5785 2012-02-26 07:05:49

werdna123
Scratcher

slinger wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

Here's my tactic in PVP.

Well, it's not a server JUST for CTF.
The ip is play.savagerealms.net, but it's being completely redone over the weekend so you can't play it now.  hmm

I'll explain what it's about though. It has a PVP world, which is self-explanatory, a Towny world with towns and shops and stuff. It has a dungeons world, which has lots of challenges and stuff with great rewards. And then finally, the events world. Every half hour or so a mod will set up an event. Generally they last 15 minutes about with 15-40 people. There are things like parkour races, PVM battles, Spleef etc.

There are also CTF events. They aren't set up by mods, but by players. There are 3 arenas, a castle one, a pirate ship one and wasteland one. Players just go in when they want and join in CTF. Sometimes nobody will be playing, but you can just say "Anybody want to play ctf?" or something. 

The server also has a currency.

#5786 2012-02-26 07:10:24

Daroach1
Scratcher

Daroach1 wrote:

Evercraft
    Owner: Daroach1
    Players: 34
    Mode: Survival and Creative  (in one map 'til I get multiverse)
    Whitelist: Yes
    Other details: Home-hosted

http://i47.tinypic.com/v83mhl.png

#5787 2012-02-26 07:12:02

slinger
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

slinger wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

Here's my tactic in PVP.

Well, it's not a server JUST for CTF.
The ip is play.savagerealms.net, but it's being completely redone over the weekend so you can't play it now.  hmm

I'll explain what it's about though. It has a PVP world, which is self-explanatory, a Towny world with towns and shops and stuff. It has a dungeons world, which has lots of challenges and stuff with great rewards. And then finally, the events world. Every half hour or so a mod will set up an event. Generally they last 15 minutes about with 15-40 people. There are things like parkour races, PVM battles, Spleef etc.

There are also CTF events. They aren't set up by mods, but by players. There are 3 arenas, a castle one, a pirate ship one and wasteland one. Players just go in when they want and join in CTF. Sometimes nobody will be playing, but you can just say "Anybody want to play ctf?" or something. 

The server also has a currency.

SOunds awesome  smile  Expect me there someday  tongue

#5788 2012-02-26 07:16:20

NeilWest
Scratcher

What's your favouite C418 song? Mine is cat.

#5789 2012-02-26 07:42:20

werdna123
Scratcher

NeilWest wrote:

Hmm, here's how I'd rate them all:

Ward: 10/10
Mellohi: 10/10
Blocks: 9/10
Cat: 8/10
Strad: 8/10
Stal: 7/10
Far 7/10
Mall: 6/10
Chirp: 5/10
13: 4/10

#5790 2012-02-26 09:13:21

geohendan
Scratcher

NeilWest wrote:

Mine would have to be strad.

Scratching that nasty wart on my back since 2009!
http://i.imgur.com/OzpGtWV.jpg

#5791 2012-02-26 09:19:17

Liru
Scratcher

PlutoIsHades wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

PlutoIsHades wrote:

My sister and I are writing an MC parody of "Don't Stop Believing."

Don't Stop Creating?

Don't Stop Digging.  big_smile

Be-leev-ing.
Cree-ate-ing.
Dig-ing.

#5792 2012-02-26 10:37:42

Animeboy975
Scratcher

Some of my crafting ideas:
2 bread+1 porkchop= Porkchop Sandwich
New tropical biomes, where you can find tropical fruit.
1 stone+1 coal= Cap
1 glass+1 cap=Mixer
In the Mixer, you can make smoothies with the fruits.
MIXER RECEPIES:
1 pineapple+1 kiwi= Pineapple Kiwi smoothie
1 pineapple+1 berry=Pineapple berry smoothie
1 Dragonfruit+1 kiwi= Dragon Kiwi smoothie
New animals: Iguanas, which you find in tropical biomes.
Iguanas drop lizard meat and lizard scales.
There are also lizards, which if you give them a dead cricket, they befriend you (same thing with iguanas)
2 pressure plates+2 glass=Lizard Cage

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#5793 2012-02-26 11:17:36

brettman98
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

2 bread+1 porkchop= Porkchop Sandwichhamburger, chicken sandwich?
New tropical biomes, where you can find tropical fruit.uh, jungle in 1.2
1 stone+1 coal= Cap i dont get this
1 glass+1 cap=Mixer eh yeah maybe
MIXER RECEPIES:
1 Dragonfruit+1 kiwi= Dragon Kiwi smoothie dragonfruit???
New animals: Iguanas, which you find in tropical biomes. so like uh what do they do once their befriended?
There are also lizards, which if you give them a dead cricket, they befriend you (same thing with iguanas)

Last edited by brettman98 (2012-02-26 11:18:50)

http://i40.tinypic.com/n1wbr7.jpg

#5794 2012-02-26 12:20:02

Animeboy975
Scratcher

brettman98 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

2 bread+1 porkchop= Porkchop Sandwichhamburger, chicken sandwich?
New tropical biomes, where you can find tropical fruit.uh, jungle in 1.2
1 stone+1 coal= Cap i dont get this
1 glass+1 cap=Mixer eh yeah maybe
MIXER RECEPIES:
1 Dragonfruit+1 kiwi= Dragon Kiwi smoothie dragonfruit???
New animals: Iguanas, which you find in tropical biomes. so like uh what do they do once their befriended?

Dragonfruit is a tropical fruit.

Anyways, new idea:
5 coal+4 sticks:Grill
If you grill raw beef, and some bread=Hamburger
new item= Cheese, you get from cows
1 bread+ 4 cheese=Pizza

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#5795 2012-02-26 13:55:39

agscratcher
Scratcher

NeilWest wrote:

I tell people who never heard about it before that it's a cursed tape (a la The Ring).

Theey're going to die in seven days. c:

http://narwhaler.com/img/yu/5/no-barrel-i-insist-after-you-spiderman-yU5Ua7.jpg

#5796 2012-02-26 14:45:57

NeilWest
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

Hmm, here's how I'd rate them all:

Ward: 10/10
Mellohi: 10/10
Blocks: 9/10
Cat: 8/10
Strad: 8/10
Stal: 7/10
Far 7/10
Mall: 6/10
Chirp: 5/10
13: 4/10

Y U NO LIEK CAT?

#5797 2012-02-26 17:41:34

kimmy123
Scratcher

I found 3 enderdragons together in The End.  yikes

Last edited by kimmy123 (2012-02-26 17:41:48)

http://i.imgur.com/Mg3TPIE.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/rgyzXV5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/685FKVd.pnghttp://24.media.tumblr.com/8678e33865664f328e1654109679cb92/tumblr_mm1qu3jGD71s8caito3_r1_250.gif

#5798 2012-02-26 18:46:13

Laternenpfahl
Scratcher

kimmy123 wrote:

Definitely not vanilla SSP

http://i46.tinypic.com/6yd4c0.png

#5799 2012-02-26 18:55:41

meowmeow55
Scratcher

Laternenpfahl wrote:

kimmy123 wrote:

No, there is a rare bug where multiple Enderdragons can end up spawning in the End, or sometimes none at all.

Yawn.

#5800 2012-02-26 18:56:39

Laternenpfahl
Scratcher

meowmeow55 wrote:

Laternenpfahl wrote:

kimmy123 wrote:

No, there is a rare bug where multiple Enderdragons can end up spawning in the End, or sometimes none at all.

yikes

Proof?

http://i46.tinypic.com/6yd4c0.png

Board footer