This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2012-02-20 09:50:11

scimonster
Community Moderator

Re: YoshiMonster collab

Yoshiboy wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Hmm, I figured it would be pretty much obvious what to do, and just in the first level it would tell you. I suppose we could use your signage idea for that though.  smile

Okay. jj7skyline, I got an Idea for how we could make it a scroller with huge levels: Grab screen region for new sprite, select the whole screen and make it out of that sprite!  lol  And, we could make it even bigger by setting it's size to 150. That could result in a Huge level. And I personally think that even though the game will be 2D, the clips should be 3D. What do you guys think?

jji7skyline wrote:

bump

Ouch! What am I supposed to do now? I've had scratch since uh, check my siggy, and I've seen people bumping each other all over the place, is it like "Pass it on"?

Just use the wiki's scrolling background (simple) tutorial to make it big. ;/ Haha, I'm sending you to the wiki at last!
"Bump" means Bring up My Post. It's to remind people about the topic. Again, check the wikiwink

#27 2012-02-21 11:16:28

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Yoshiboy wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Hmm, I figured it would be pretty much obvious what to do, and just in the first level it would tell you. I suppose we could use your signage idea for that though.  smile

Okay. jj7skyline, I got an Idea for how we could make it a scroller with huge levels: Grab screen region for new sprite, select the whole screen and make it out of that sprite!  lol  And, we could make it even bigger by setting it's size to 150. That could result in a Huge level. And I personally think that even though the game will be 2D, the clips should be 3D. What do you guys think?

jji7skyline wrote:

bump

Ouch! What am I supposed to do now? I've had scratch since uh, check my siggy, and I've seen people bumping each other all over the place, is it like "Pass it on"?

Just use the wiki's scrolling background (simple) tutorial to make it big. ;/ Haha, I'm sending you to the wiki at last!
"Bump" means Bring up My Post. It's to remind people about the topic. Again, check the wikiwink

I don't get the "bump" thingy.

Winter...

#28 2012-02-21 16:26:14

VanillaCreme
Scratcher

i just realized something... your collab name sounds like moshimonsters. ^^ lolz

http://www.prguitarman.com/icon/poptartFINALTINY.gif
http://i49.tinypic.com/6yo39h.png

#29 2012-02-21 21:06:23

scimonster
Community Moderator

VanillaCreme wrote:

i just realized something... your collab name sounds like moshimonsters. ^^ lolz

Lol.
YB, just, whatever. I'll explain it some other time. And actually, Skyline, will you start working on the menu? I said I would but now I changed my mind; I'll do a different part.

A note: always use the broadcast block instead of when green flag clicked when uploaded little parts. Have a

when gf clicked
broadcast [start v] //don't use start! use the section name
to launch a section.

#30 2012-02-24 08:35:02

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

So we will have a

broadcast [section name v]
so you can't veiw the project online?

Winter...

#31 2012-02-25 12:56:12

scimonster
Community Moderator

Yoshiboy wrote:

So we will have a

broadcast [section name v]
so you can't veiw the project online?

No, just so that the sections don't get mixed up.  wink

#32 2012-02-28 13:56:11

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

Buttons I made for the project You guys decide which style we will use.

Winter...

#33 2012-02-28 14:17:40

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

Oh, Scimonster, can you change the first post because it says that me and you R collabing without anybody else, but skyline is in.

Winter...

#34 2012-02-29 06:18:46

scimonster
Community Moderator

Yoshiboy wrote:

Oh, Scimonster, can you change the first post because it says that me and you R collabing without anybody else, but skyline is in.

Done.  smile

#35 2012-02-29 13:37:57

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Yoshiboy wrote:

Done.  smile

Great, thanks.  smile  oh, and I made a test account and uploaded a project full of stuff for the collab, can both of you check it out?

Winter...

#36 2012-02-29 13:43:13

obvious
Scratcher

Hi, this is Yoshiboy's test account. I really liked the name.

#37 2012-02-29 13:49:58

scimonster
Community Moderator

obvious wrote:

Awesome name.  big_smile

I liked the stuff. :3

#38 2012-03-01 05:49:55

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

obvious wrote:

Awesome name.  big_smile

what stuff?

Winter...

#39 2012-03-01 06:37:37

scimonster
Community Moderator

Yoshiboy wrote:

scimonster wrote:

obvious wrote:

Awesome name.  big_smile

what stuff?

The project full of stuff, of course. XD

#40 2012-03-02 00:28:12

jji7skyline
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Yoshiboy wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Awesome name.  big_smile

what stuff?

I did too! Excellent art!  smile

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!  big_smile

#41 2012-03-03 12:31:03

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

jji7skyline wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Yoshiboy wrote:

what stuff?

I did too! Excellent art!  smile

Thanks! What style of buttons do you think we should use? I didn't do the guys head cause i'm horrible at drawing faces. One of you can do that. When are we gonna start programming? The draft is due soon. If we just have Level 1 ready for it I think it would be okay. Did you know that OK was actually an army term meaning 0 Killed? 4K would be 4 killed I suppose. But people could get that messed up and think it means 4 thousand, 'cause K stands for kilo, kilo means thousand.  hmm  So, who's gonna start programming?

Winter...

#42 2012-03-03 13:49:08

scimonster
Community Moderator

I'll make the project frame like we were talking about when you were at my house Tuesday. :3

#43 2012-03-04 17:36:55

jji7skyline
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

I'll make the project frame like we were talking about when you were at my house Tuesday. :3

You know each other IRL?

In NZ?

yikes

#44 2012-03-05 06:39:51

scimonster
Community Moderator

jji7skyline wrote:

scimonster wrote:

You know each other IRL?

In NZ?

yikes

Yep. Most Tuesdays my family hosts homeschool get-togethers, and Yoshiboy's family often comes.  smile

#45 2012-03-05 11:57:58

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

scimonster wrote:

You know each other IRL?

In NZ?

yikes

Yep. Most Tuesdays my family hosts homeschool get-togethers, and Yoshiboy's family often comes.  smile

Yep, I'll jji7skyline, can you start on the first level? The first 2-3 levels will be the introduction levels, and they will take place outside the hideout. Scimonster wants the hideout to be like a scrolling maze, and then there are doors that take you into platformer levels. In which you need to find keys and stuff to get through the maze with. But for now, I think that we should just have the level 1 ready for march 10, when the draft gets submitted. Whats NZ?

Winter...

#46 2012-03-05 20:10:04

jji7skyline
Scratcher

Yoshiboy wrote:

scimonster wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

You know each other IRL?

In NZ?

yikes

Yep, I'll jji7skyline, can you start on the first level? The first 2-3 levels will be the introduction levels, and they will take place outside the hideout. Scimonster wants the hideout to be like a scrolling maze, and then there are doors that take you into platformer levels. In which you need to find keys and stuff to get through the maze with. But for now, I think that we should just have the level 1 ready for march 10, when the draft gets submitted. Whats NZ?

New Zealand.

And I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do?  hmm

#47 2012-03-06 07:23:17

scimonster
Community Moderator

I'll make the frame of the project, and then we'll fill in the sections.  smile  This time for real.  tongue  ^^

#48 2012-03-06 10:24:24

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

jji7skyline wrote:

Yoshiboy wrote:

scimonster wrote:

New Zealand.

And I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do?  hmm

The first few levels will be out-door. It will be a platformer. So, if you wan't you can draw the level, You know Mario? It will be that kind of platformer. And we need to draw the guy, there needs to be 1 costume of him standing, a few running, 1 or 2 jumping costumes, 1 ducking and maybe 1 of him when he looses all his life? He will be the dude you control. In my project with all the stuff thee is a drawing of an idea of what his clothes could look like when he stands strait.

Winter...

#49 2012-03-07 06:12:05

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

I have an idea! If all we have for the draft is the intro animation, it would be perfect! What do you guys think?

Intro animation:
(The stuff that was my idea is in blue, we don't have to use those parts.)
Inside a house, there is a boy playing piano. He is in his mid-teens.He's practicing for a big play that's coming up in few weeks.
[camera slowly zooms in throughout the next bit]
He plays without a single mistake.
Then, a green ray hits the music sheets and they vanish!
[camera stops zooming.]
He looks over his shoulder from where the ray came from in astonishment,
and there is Phillip, the short nasty-guy who steals anything worth stealing!
Phillip runs out the door, not knowing any better you follow him outside, and Phillip jumps into a car and speeds away with your music sheets.

You have to be the guy, and you need to get the music sheets back because you have no extras.
End.
And I think that's all we need for the draft, but you guys can decide. I don't like deciding, just suggesting.

Last edited by Yoshiboy (2012-03-07 06:13:08)

Winter...

#50 2012-03-07 06:28:13

scimonster
Community Moderator

Yoshiboy wrote:

I have an idea! If all we have for the draft is the intro animation, it would be perfect! What do you guys think?

Intro animation:
(The stuff that was my idea is in blue, we don't have to use those parts.)
Inside a house, there is a boy playing piano. He is in his mid-teens.He's practicing for a big play that's coming up in few weeks.
[camera slowly zooms in throughout the next bit]
He plays without a single mistake.
Then, a green ray hits the music sheets and they vanish!
[camera stops zooming.]
He looks over his shoulder from where the ray came from in astonishment,
and there is Phillip, the short nasty-guy who steals anything worth stealing!
Phillip runs out the door, not knowing any better you follow him outside, and Phillip jumps into a car and speeds away with your music sheets.

You have to be the guy, and you need to get the music sheets back because you have no extras.
End.
And I think that's all we need for the draft, but you guys can decide. I don't like deciding, just suggesting.

Yeah, we could do a simple draft.
How about you guys (YB & JJ) work on that, while I make the project base.

Board footer