This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2012-02-08 11:40:55

scimonster
Community Moderator

YoshiMonster collab

Yoshiboy and I are collabbing. Sorry, no other members.
EDIT: We have made an exception for jji7skyline.

Hehe, first user made topic in this forum.  big_smile

We said over chat that we were going to make an awesome game with animations in the middle. Now how are we going to make that musical??

Last edited by scimonster (2012-02-29 06:18:33)

#2 2012-02-08 12:54:00

nickbrickmaster
Scratcher

Re: YoshiMonster collab

I know you said no other members, but I need a capable collab that I'm not dragging the weight of. Sorry for asking. I'm very good at programming and can draw capably.

Ask me what I'm doing, wait an hour than roll a die, if it's 4-6, I'm playing Skyrim, if it's 1, I'm eating, if it's 2-3 I'm programming.
Steam: nickbrickmaster | RotMG: PwnThemAll | Minecraft: nickbrickmaster | League Of Legends: BaneOfTitans

#3 2012-02-08 13:04:54

scimonster
Community Moderator

nickbrickmaster wrote:

I know you said no other members, but I need a capable collab that I'm not dragging the weight of. Sorry for asking. I'm very good at programming and can draw capably.

We're doing some of it online, some IRL. Sorry, we're not accepting other members. Why don't you try looking in the sticky for a collab to join?

#4 2012-02-14 10:13:53

sci_test
Scratcher

Yoshiboy, where are you?

[signature removed - please be respectful]
Last edited by scimonster (1970-01-01 00:00:00)

#5 2012-02-14 11:38:41

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

Sorry, I totally forgot. I'm back now.

Winter...

#6 2012-02-14 11:56:01

scimonster
Community Moderator

I have an idea for how to turn our game/animation idea into a music project. Maybe you can help improve the storyline. Someone is playing a song (animation at the beginning. We can use a song I wrote!) when suddenly he loses all his music sheets. It's your job to recover them. You have to get through different levels, and always, the next part of the music is at the end. On the higher levels, there could be fake endings too, so this tests how well you remember the song: is this the right set of notes or not? (You'd get to listen to the notes of course.) After each, you get the next mission preview; what happened to the music sheet. What do you think?

#7 2012-02-14 11:59:40

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

I think it would be ok for 1 more participant. Besides, I would like a really good person to draw for me, I can't. What do you think? Nickbrickmaster could really ad to the project in a good way. Just asking, If you don't wan't to I understand.

Winter...

#8 2012-02-14 12:05:22

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

I have an idea for how to turn our game/animation idea into a music project. Maybe you can help improve the storyline. Someone is playing a song (animation at the beginning. We can use a song I wrote!) when suddenly he loses all his music sheets. It's your job to recover them. You have to get through different levels, and always, the next part of the music is at the end. On the higher levels, there could be fake endings too, so this tests how well you remember the song: is this the right set of notes or not? (You'd get to listen to the notes of course.) After each, you get the next mission preview; what happened to the music sheet. What do you think?

That's a great Idea, except the part where you have the fake endings. How about he was practicing for a play in which he was the lead piano player and has to find them as fast as possible?

BTW- Are we going to have ourselves in it?

Winter...

#9 2012-02-15 08:13:37

scimonster
Community Moderator

Yoshiboy wrote:

scimonster wrote:

That's a great Idea, except the part where you have the fake endings. How about he was practicing for a play in which he was the lead piano player and has to find them as fast as possible?

BTW- Are we going to have ourselves in it?

Good addition to the story line. We don't have to include the fake endings, but I thought it would make it more challenging.
I don't think we'll use ourselves in the game; just names/icons in the credits/title screen.

About letting someone else in, we could probably do with an artist in the group. I suppose we could let NBM in...

#10 2012-02-15 08:47:10

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Good addition to the story line. We don't have to include the fake endings, but I thought it would make it more challenging.
I don't think we'll use ourselves in the game; just names/icons in the credits/title screen.

About letting someone else in, we could probably do with an artist in the group. I suppose we could let NBM in...

Great. So, my first Idea was that it would start with a guy playing piano, it would have subtitles telling the story while the music plays. He's playing, and playing, and playing, then suddenly the sheets disappear. But I don't know if the menu should be before or after the intro. What do you think?

Winter...

#11 2012-02-15 08:58:47

scimonster
Community Moderator

Yoshiboy wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Great. So, my first Idea was that it would start with a guy playing piano, it would have subtitles telling the story while the music plays. He's playing, and playing, and playing, then suddenly the sheets disappear. But I don't know if the menu should be before or after the intro. What do you think?

I think both. XD. The first menu has Play (instructions later) and Credits. After the introduction, you are given instructions for the whole game, and before each level you get level specific instructions.

Last edited by scimonster (2012-02-15 08:59:05)

#12 2012-02-15 09:01:31

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

I think both. XD. The first menu has Play (instructions later) and Credits. After the introduction, you are given instructions for the whole game, and before each level you get level specific instructions.

Ok, what kind of game should it be, like Mario?

Winter...

#13 2012-02-15 11:44:30

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

nickbrickmaster can't join, he found a different one.

Winter...

#14 2012-02-15 11:54:59

scimonster
Community Moderator

Yoshiboy wrote:

scimonster wrote:

I've never played any Mario games, so I don't know, lol. I was thinking maybe a platformer/scroller?

Yoshiboy wrote:

OK, I'll try and find another artist and programmer.  smile

#15 2012-02-15 12:05:57

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Yoshiboy wrote:

scimonster wrote:

I've never played any Mario games, so I don't know, lol. I was thinking maybe a platformer/scroller?

Lol, thats exactly what the original mario is!

scimonster wrote:

Yoshiboy wrote:

OK, I'll try and find another artist and programmer.  smile

Ok, thanks.
Lets go chat on gmail.

Winter...

#16 2012-02-15 19:32:33

jji7skyline
Scratcher

Hi

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!  big_smile

#17 2012-02-16 08:03:44

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

jji7skyline wrote:

Hi

Hi, so, you're going to join?

Winter...

#18 2012-02-16 10:04:57

scimonster
Community Moderator

Yoshiboy wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

Hi

Hi, so, you're going to join?

Yeah, he said he would.  smile
'K Skyline, let me drag up the chat and see what we said we're going to do...

The title screen and menus were going to be a square gradient of [black border, green, blue, orange], going into the center.
It's going to be a platformer/maze game.
Here's the story:
A guy was practicing on his piano for a big play. (You hear the music) Then, a green laser hits the music sheets and they vanish! You need to get the music sheets back. The green laser is from Phillip, the evil dude in Yoshiboy's Chocolate series.
You have a practice level to get to his hideout. His hideout will be a really high tech maze. The music sheets are scattered all over it. Each one takes you to a platformer. You win the sheet at the end of the level.

The music will be something I composed; I'll upload it later.

Last edited by scimonster (2012-02-16 10:05:42)

#19 2012-02-16 10:17:46

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

Are we going to have credits?

Winter...

#20 2012-02-16 13:18:30

scimonster
Community Moderator

Yoshiboy wrote:

Yeah, forgot to say that. ^^

The title screen should have our icons (we'll put those in at the end), and the buttons Play and Credits.
Instructions come before each level.

#21 2012-02-16 22:25:01

jji7skyline
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Yoshiboy wrote:

The title screen should have our icons (we'll put those in at the end), and the buttons Play and Credits.

That's a good idea, using our icons to represent us as well as our usernames  smile

#22 2012-02-17 09:16:25

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

jji7skyline wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Yoshiboy wrote:

That's a good idea, using our icons to represent us as well as our usernames  smile

I think the instructions should be in signs, like when you walk over a sign a speech bubble appears saying what is written on the sign. I also like the Idea of our icons, but I'll have to make me a new one.

Winter...

#23 2012-02-19 17:39:01

jji7skyline
Scratcher

bump

#24 2012-02-20 07:03:55

scimonster
Community Moderator

Yoshiboy wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

scimonster wrote:

I think the instructions should be in signs, like when you walk over a sign a speech bubble appears saying what is written on the sign. I also like the Idea of our icons, but I'll have to make me a new one.

Hmm, I figured it would be pretty much obvious what to do, and just in the first level it would tell you. I suppose we could use your signage idea for that though.  smile

#25 2012-02-20 09:12:00

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Hmm, I figured it would be pretty much obvious what to do, and just in the first level it would tell you. I suppose we could use your signage idea for that though.  smile

Okay. jj7skyline, I got an Idea for how we could make it a scroller with huge levels: Grab screen region for new sprite, select the whole screen and make it out of that sprite!  lol  And, we could make it even bigger by setting it's size to 150. That could result in a Huge level. And I personally think that even though the game will be 2D, the clips should be 3D. What do you guys think?

jji7skyline wrote:

bump

Ouch! What am I supposed to do now? I've had scratch since uh, check my siggy, and I've seen people bumping each other all over the place, is it like "Pass it on"?

Last edited by Yoshiboy (2012-02-20 09:14:18)

Winter...

Board footer