This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5626 2012-02-15 13:41:28

slinger
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

werdna123 wrote:

MY OPINIONS ON MINECRAFT VERSION 1.2:

Ladders regained their collision box. This'll be so useful, glad it's back.
Vines are climbable if you push into a solid block while next to them. This will be useful for tree-houses and stuff.
Added jungle biomes (requires a new world or new chunks) with ferns and new wood and leaf types. They look awesome.  big_smile
Updated language files. That's good I guess.
Dispensers dispensing Spawn Eggs will place Mobs instead of simply dispensing the eggs. So so useful for adventure maps!
Spawn eggs are now stackable. What's the point, since you only use them on creative?
Zombies have new path-finding AI. Scary D:
Wolves have new AI and can be bred using Raw Chicken, Cooked Chicken, Raw Porkchops, Cooked Porkchops, Raw Beef, Steak, or Rotten Flesh, when tamed. Awesome.  big_smile
New jungle-specific Ocelot mob that can be tamed into Cats using Raw Fish. They're really cool, awesome
Mobs in general have new a AI with new and improved behaviours. Yay!
Skeletons and Zombies burning from sunlight will flee to darkness or jump in Water. Now we'll have sees of monsters bobbing up and down. >.>
Mobs no longer attempt to jump over Wooden Fences. Ok
Mobs no longer attempt to walk over Signs or other non-solid Blocks if the drop below is too tall. There goes the majority of mob traps.
New Items:
Fire Charge It's kinda cool I guess.
Jungle Sapling Hoho, I like it.
Bottle o' Enchanting (Creative Mode) Still takes hundreds of bottles to get anything good...
Spawn Ocelot (Creative Mode) Cat army. >:[b]
) Say goodbye, chickens.
Changed Dispenser and Oak Sapling textures. Cool.
Added Desert Wells. I wonder where this is going? Desert strongholds? Or just a small addition to look cool? Either way it's pretty awesome.
Players are slowed when going through Vines due to their nature of being a collision-less Ladders. Really doesn't affect me.
Creepers run away from Cats and also stalk players. Nice, but in what way stalk?
Cats can be told to sit. Cool.
Mobs no longer attempt to jump over Nether Brick Fences. Cool
Villagers will try to detect village houses and live in them. Awesome!  big_smile
Villagers will roam around at Day and stay inside at Night. Loving all the villager stuff.  big_smile
Villagers are able to open and close Doors. Yay!
Lava now has sounds. That's good, but I don't much like them.
Abandoned Mine Shafts now bridge over gaps in paths. Useful.
Enchantment Tables no longer require Experience in Creative Mode. Um, then why add exp bottles? I guess for survival but spawning in stuff.
Redstone-related items can be placed on Glowstone Blocks again. Geez, if only this had been earlier. I had to do a ton of changing to The Adventures of Revesila because redstone had been on glowstone.
You can get Dead Bushes by using shears on them. Eh, I guess that's good, but I don't really care.
Death screen has a slight delay before buttons become active, to avoid accidentally clicking buttons when killed.  I've never experienced accidental clicking but I that's still pretty good.
Survival MultiPlayer mob hitboxes are fixed, so they apply to the full mob, instead of only the head. Yes!  big_smile
Doors have been changed to properly detect if they are open or closed. Double Doors in existing maps will need to be updated. That's good.
Placing two Pressure Plates directly in front of doors and stepping on them will open them correctly. Cool, though I don't really use pressure plates by doors much.
When stepping on a single Pressure Plate only the door on that side will open. Ok.
When stepping on both Pressure Plates both doors will open. Ok.
Villager's AI has been improved. Yay!
Villagers socialize with each other and passive mobs. yikes   big_smile
Villagers go inside for shelter when it's raining. I like how realistic this is getting.
Villagers run away from Zombies. Eh, I guess that's cool.
When a player aggros a hostile mob, it will continue to track the player despite being attacked by other mobs. Awww. :c
Zombie's AI has been improved. O.o
On Hard difficulty and Hardcore Mode, zombies break down Doors. Oh geez.
On normal and easy Difficulty, zombies attack but will not break down Doors. Ok.
Zombies chase and attack Villagers. Meanies. >:c
Zombies attack doors when attempting to escape sunlight. Oh God, they're getting smart.
Cats meow, cry, howl, purr and hiss. Cute. :3
Doors make banging sounds when Zombies attack them. This'll be annoying.
Better movement for mobs in Water. Ok..
Added rare Item drops for mobs. OMG AWESOME.
Zombies have a rare chance to drop a Iron Ingot, Iron Helmet, Iron Shovel, or an Iron Sword. This'll be great for SkyBlock Survival where you have no iron.
Skeletons have a rare chance to drop a Bow or an Enchanted Bow. So freaking awesome.
Zombie Pigmen have a rare chance to drop a Golden Helmet, Gold Ingot, Golden Sword, or an Enchanted Golden Sword. Nice.
Pressing F1 disables hitbox outlines on blocks. Ok cool.
Monster Spawners now show correct mobs in multiplayer. Kthxbye piggyspawners
Snow Golems take damage from rain and water. I don't mind.
World format changed for the second time, conned "Anvil", with an automatic world converter from the current "McRegion". As of now, no news on the conversion of previous world format. Ooh.
Maximum build height increasing to 256 (was 128). YES YES YES.
Empty sections of the world will be not loaded into memory. Huh?
Block ids will be increased to 4096 (is 256) by adding a 4 bit data layer (similar to how meta data is stored).
Block ordering will be changed from x/z/y to y/z/x in order to improve compression.
Packets for sending chunks will be updated (a full 128-high chunk is smaller than the old format, and a chunk with lots of empty space is much smaller).
Biomes will be saved per x/z column, which means they can be altered by tools.
Light calculations in SMP will take place client-side
A new lightsource, that is controlled by redstone (Lamp?)  Can't freaking wait!!
Villagers repopulate villages based on the number of houses BABIES.  big_smile  (They're so small  yikes )
Villagers will fall in love and run indoors together. yikes
Villagers will have some type of defense. Yay.  big_smile
Sieges between zombies and villagers. yikes

[/b]

Oh geez my fingers are sore.

Sounds awesome :p

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#5627 2012-02-15 13:47:27

werdna123
Scratcher

#5628 2012-02-15 14:11:29

Liru
Scratcher

Ladders regained their collision box.     Why was it ever removed?
Vines are climbable if you push into a solid block while next to them.      Good for exploring jungles
Added jungle biomes (requires a new world or new chunks) with ferns and new wood and leaf types.     Nice new type of wood
Updated language files.
Dispensers dispensing Spawn Eggs will place Mobs instead of simply dispensing the eggs.       Basically adventure maps can be more awesome
Spawn eggs are now stackable.     I hope there's a way to have an infinite stack for dispensers
Zombies have new path-finding AI.      Brilliant, although it looks a little weird   
Wolves have new AI and can be bred using Raw Chicken, Cooked Chicken, Raw Porkchops, Cooked Porkchops, Raw Beef, Steak, or Rotten Flesh, when tamed.     IMO it'd be better if it was just rotten flesh, as it's pretty useless now.
New jungle-specific Ocelot mob that can be tamed into Cats using Raw Fish.     Not really a fan of cats, but if they keep me safe then whatever.
Mobs in general have new a AI with new and improved behaviours.      If mobs get a hunger bar which is kept up by eating grass then I'll be happy
Skeletons and Zombies burning from sunlight will flee to darkness or jump in Water.    NO, daytime is meant to be more peaceful, if there's zombies bobbing everywhere then nowhere is safe but your own home.
Mobs no longer attempt to jump over Wooden Fences.       Finally, farms will not glitch
Mobs no longer attempt to walk over Signs or other non-solid Blocks if the drop below is too tall.    We need a pitfall block.
New Items:
Fire Charge    Infinite use steel and flint? What about steel and flint? Although being cannon balls is quite nice.
Jungle Sapling     Needed I guess
Bottle o' Enchanting (Creative Mode)     Probably going to be put into survival somehow.
Spawn Ocelot (Creative Mode)        Needed.
Changed Dispenser and Oak Sapling textures.      I hope they look cool.
Added Desert Wells.      Start of pyramids?
Players are slowed when going through Vines due to their nature of being a collision-less Ladders.     Makes exploring cool, and adds use to some machines.
Creepers run away from Cats and also stalk players.      Were they not bad enough before?
Cats can be told to sit.   
Mobs no longer attempt to jump over Nether Brick Fences.       I guessed that.
Villagers will try to detect village houses and live in them.       When will they actually get a use?
Villagers will roam around at Day and stay inside at Night.    Cool, maybe they should farm sheep, build new houses for new villagers and make beds with the wool?
Villagers are able to open and close Doors.     I had this problem in Terraria, it's obvious a trail of 3 creepers is going to follow them in.
Lava now has sounds.    Cool, I guess.
Abandoned Mine Shafts now bridge over gaps in paths.    Wasn't this meant to be in 1.0?
Enchantment Tables no longer require Experience in Creative Mode.     Brilliant.
Redstone-related items can be placed on Glowstone Blocks again.      Even better.
You can get Dead Bushes by using shears on them.     Not the most useful block, but good nethertheless.
Death screen has a slight delay before buttons become active, to avoid accidentally clicking buttons when killed.      THANK YOU! I lost 9 diamond shovels on PS because I accidentally clicked on leave game when a creeper killed me and I wasn't able to connect again for ages.
Survival MultiPlayer mob hitboxes are fixed, so they apply to the full mob, instead of only the head.     Makes combat do-able.
Doors have been changed to properly detect if they are open or closed. Double Doors in existing maps will need to be updated.    Finally, no redstone circuits for double doors.
Placing two Pressure Plates directly in front of doors and stepping on them will open them correctly.
When stepping on a single Pressure Plate only the door on that side will open.
When stepping on both Pressure Plates both doors will open.
Villager's AI has been improved.      Looks basic, but whatever.
Villagers socialize with each other and passive mobs.    They need some noises.
Villagers go inside for shelter when it's raining.      Maybe some could go fishing?
Villagers run away from Zombies.       They should have a few villagers which fight back, a village near a river is pretty much dead.
When a player aggros a hostile mob, it will continue to track the player despite being attacked by other mobs.     No skeleton fights?
Zombie's AI has been improved.    Didn't I already do this one?
On Hard difficulty and Hardcore Mode, zombies break down Doors.    Terraria anyone?
On normal and easy Difficulty, zombies attack but will not break down Doors.     And hopefully they don't bang on it either.
Zombies chase and attack Villagers.    Makes sense.
Zombies attack doors when attempting to escape sunlight.      Great, I can see this annoying me.
Cats meow, cry, howl, purr and hiss.
Doors make banging sounds when Zombies attack them.
Better movement for mobs in Water.     Don't see how, I guess you need to see it to believe it.
Added rare Item drops for mobs.   
Zombies have a rare chance to drop a Iron Ingot, Iron Helmet, Iron Shovel, or an Iron Sword.     Eh.
Skeletons have a rare chance to drop a Bow or an Enchanted Bow.   Depends on "rare"
Zombie Pigmen have a rare chance to drop a Golden Helmet, Gold Ingot, Golden   Sword, or an Enchanted Golden Sword.      Wasn't dropping gold nuggets enough?
Pressing F1 disables hitbox outlines on blocks.
Monster Spawners now show correct mobs in multiplayer.    I swear this was meant to be fixed in 1.0
Snow Golems take damage from rain and water.      Do they try to take cover?
World format changed for the second time, conned "Anvil", with an automatic world converter from the current "McRegion". As of now, no news on the conversion of previous world format.
Maximum build height increasing to 256 (was 128).    Finally, getting to bedrock is really boring, hopefully this'll increase cave awesomeness.
Empty sections of the world will be not loaded into memory.
Block ids will be increased to 4096 (is 256) by adding a 4 bit data layer (similar to how meta data is stored).
Block ordering will be changed from x/z/y to y/z/x in order to improve compression.
Packets for sending chunks will be updated (a full 128-high chunk is smaller than the old format, and a chunk with lots of empty space is much smaller).
Biomes will be saved per x/z column, which means they can be altered by tools.
Light calculations in SMP will take place client-side
A new lightsource, that is controlled by redstone (Lamp?)
Villagers repopulate villages based on the number of houses.  They need to build more houses and expand the village.
Villagers will fall in love and run indoors together.
Villagers will have some type of defense.
Sieges between zombies and villagers.

#5629 2012-02-15 14:24:56

samtwheels
Scratcher

Now i'll be able to fight zombie wars, with villagers as my allies! But who is defending in the seiges? And my house will be so much taller!

Last edited by samtwheels (2012-02-15 14:26:07)

#5630 2012-02-15 14:29:13

slinger
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

REDSTONE LAMPS INFO.

Ok, that could already be achieved w/ a sticky piston and a glowstone/torch. Still, it makes it easier.

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#5631 2012-02-15 14:39:11

samtwheels
Scratcher

slinger wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

REDSTONE LAMPS INFO.

Ok, that could already be achieved w/ a sticky piston and a glowstone/torch. Still, it makes it easier.

didn't even have to be sticky. sorry, im addicted to correcting people.  tongue

#5632 2012-02-15 14:45:36

Laternenpfahl
Scratcher

When u releaz iOS mc:pe, appl?

http://i46.tinypic.com/6yd4c0.png

#5633 2012-02-15 15:04:11

Liru
Scratcher

slinger wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

REDSTONE LAMPS INFO.

Too complicated, and redstone torches are really dim.

#5634 2012-02-15 16:44:03

samtwheels
Scratcher

Liru wrote:

slinger wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

REDSTONE LAMPS INFO.

Too complicated, and redstone torches are really dim.

i think he/she meant that you could use pistons to block off the light.

#5635 2012-02-15 17:02:53

brettman98
Scratcher

found the smallest NPC village ever!
2 farms, 1 well, no houses!
:L

http://i40.tinypic.com/n1wbr7.jpg

#5636 2012-02-15 17:11:01

slapperbob
Scratcher

brettman98 wrote:

fail.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5771/63588659ff6a873m3.jpg

#5637 2012-02-16 08:24:13

werdna123
Scratcher

Oh geez, the villagers breed infinitely. D: THERE'S SO MANY OF THEM.

And the baby villagers seem to have a few problems:

They have the same hitboxes as adults
They can't go through one block holes, despite their size
They wear the same thing as their parents, I mean, babies wearing blacksmith aprons?

#5638 2012-02-16 09:54:45

Laternenpfahl
Scratcher

brettman98 wrote:

Pic plz?

#5639 2012-02-16 10:04:08

veggieman001
Scratcher

cool

#5640 2012-02-16 10:15:20

16Skittles
Scratcher

And we all thought zombies were the stupidest creatures alive...

http://16skittles.tk/sig.png
Are you a student? Check out OnSchedule!

#5641 2012-02-16 10:20:26

Laternenpfahl
Scratcher

16Skittles wrote:

And we all thought zombies were the stupidest creatures alive...

+1

#5642 2012-02-16 10:34:29

QuizMaster
Scratcher

Wait, is 1.2 out or are we talking about the pre-relase 12w07b?

Coming soon! A sig.

#5643 2012-02-16 11:50:40

werdna123
Scratcher

12w07b.

#5644 2012-02-16 14:41:44

samtwheels
Scratcher

I like 12w07b, but i dont use it for my favorite maps because i dont want to make them incompatible with 1.1

#5645 2012-02-16 14:42:48

samtwheels
Scratcher

Laternenpfahl wrote:

brettman98 wrote:

Pic plz?

and seed

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:

* At least 60 seconds have to pass between posts. Please wait a little while and try posting again.

#5646 2012-02-16 16:56:38

slapperbob
Scratcher

Villager... BABIES???

They're so cute :3

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5771/63588659ff6a873m3.jpg

#5647 2012-02-16 21:15:05

Animeboy975
Scratcher

Can i make anything with milk?

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#5648 2012-02-16 21:19:30

kimmy123
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

You can make a cake with it.  big_smile

Last edited by kimmy123 (2012-02-16 21:20:34)

http://i.imgur.com/Mg3TPIE.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/rgyzXV5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/685FKVd.pnghttp://24.media.tumblr.com/8678e33865664f328e1654109679cb92/tumblr_mm1qu3jGD71s8caito3_r1_250.gif

#5649 2012-02-16 21:19:53

veggieman001
Scratcher

kimmy123 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

You can make a cake with it.  big_smile

fixed link  smile

#5650 2012-02-17 07:09:51

brettman98
Scratcher

samtwheels wrote:

Laternenpfahl wrote:

brettman98 wrote:

Pic plz?

and seed

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:

* At least 60 seconds have to pass between posts. Please wait a little while and try posting again.

Oh crud I was gonna get a pic but I got rid of tht world last night, it was random seed sorry  sad

http://i40.tinypic.com/n1wbr7.jpg

Board footer