This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#5601 2012-02-14 17:02:20

Liru
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

slapperbob wrote:

Liru wrote:

slapperbob wrote:

Does anyone know when writable books will be made?

Same time maps are placable on walls, and lanterns are ingame.

I never knew they were planning on making maps placeable on walls

Liru wrote:

and lanterns are ingame

I thought lanterns were scratched.

Check the wiki, Notch added things to his to-do list whenever he made something but started working on something else before working on any of them, there's loads of things.

#5602 2012-02-14 17:05:01

werdna123
Scratcher

Liru wrote:

slapperbob wrote:

Liru wrote:

Liru wrote:

and lanterns are ingame

Check the wiki, Notch added things to his to-do list whenever he made something but started working on something else before working on any of them, there's loads of things.

Where's this todo list? o: I want to see all the planned features.

#5603 2012-02-14 17:18:25

Liru
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

Liru wrote:

slapperbob wrote:

Liru wrote:

Where's this todo list? o: I want to see all the planned features.

There's no official list from what I can see, just look around the wiki and you'll find a few things though.

#5604 2012-02-14 18:18:33

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Half of them had seen it, and it was only an ad so it might not be reactions to the actual game

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#5605 2012-02-14 18:59:45

wolvesstar97
Scratcher

I dont like minecraft, it is extremely overrated. For the same price, you can get GameMaker Pro and make BETTER versions of more overrated games!!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33551365/psyko.png

#5606 2012-02-14 19:40:58

fireheartocean
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

I dont like minecraft, it is extremely overrated. For the same price, you can get GameMaker Pro and make BETTER versions of more overrated games!!

.... Then why are you posting here? -___- No offense, but this is just a thread for fans. You don't have to post here if you don't like it.

Last edited by fireheartocean (2012-02-14 19:41:38)

**May StarClan light your path**

#5607 2012-02-14 19:44:20

CheeseMunchy
Scratcher

I need it.

#5608 2012-02-14 19:59:32

hdarken
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

That's because you don't know how good Minecraft is because I bet you don't have it.

Last edited by hdarken (2012-02-14 20:02:24)

http://i.imgur.com/VskBk.png
http://i.imgur.com/tgxVZ.jpg

#5609 2012-02-14 20:00:25

G0D_M0D3
Scratcher

So, any mod suggestions? (none that require a supercomputer/a lot of files)

I have armor stand, clay soldiers, arrows mod, elemental creepers, craftable spawners, spawner GUI, aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd biospheres. Then ModLoader and SinglePlayerCommands. I still get high, high, FPS.

I made a MC texture pack! Get it at planetminecraft!
http://i.imgur.com/0EG0u.png

#5610 2012-02-15 00:27:14

slinger
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

Game maker is pretty bad, learn a programming language...

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#5611 2012-02-15 00:28:38

jji7skyline
Scratcher

slinger wrote:

wolvesstar97 wrote:

Game maker is pretty bad, learn a programming language...

+1

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!  big_smile

#5612 2012-02-15 00:41:46

Freakish
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

gamemaker sucks
buy the game and see how fun it is

http://i.imgur.com/y3RBV.jpg

#5613 2012-02-15 05:10:59

werdna123
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

This is a topic to discuss, not hate.

#5614 2012-02-15 06:50:14

werdna123
Scratcher

MY OPINIONS ON MINECRAFT VERSION 1.2:

Ladders regained their collision box. This'll be so useful, glad it's back.
Vines are climbable if you push into a solid block while next to them. This will be useful for tree-houses and stuff.
Added jungle biomes (requires a new world or new chunks) with ferns and new wood and leaf types. They look awesome.  big_smile
Updated language files. That's good I guess.
Dispensers dispensing Spawn Eggs will place Mobs instead of simply dispensing the eggs. So so useful for adventure maps!
Spawn eggs are now stackable. What's the point, since you only use them on creative?
Zombies have new path-finding AI. Scary D:
Wolves have new AI and can be bred using Raw Chicken, Cooked Chicken, Raw Porkchops, Cooked Porkchops, Raw Beef, Steak, or Rotten Flesh, when tamed. Awesome.  big_smile
New jungle-specific Ocelot mob that can be tamed into Cats using Raw Fish. They're really cool, awesome
Mobs in general have new a AI with new and improved behaviours. Yay!
Skeletons and Zombies burning from sunlight will flee to darkness or jump in Water. Now we'll have sees of monsters bobbing up and down. >.>
Mobs no longer attempt to jump over Wooden Fences. Ok
Mobs no longer attempt to walk over Signs or other non-solid Blocks if the drop below is too tall. There goes the majority of mob traps.
New Items:
Fire Charge It's kinda cool I guess.
Jungle Sapling Hoho, I like it.
Bottle o' Enchanting (Creative Mode) Still takes hundreds of bottles to get anything good...
Spawn Ocelot (Creative Mode) Cat army. >:[b]
) Say goodbye, chickens.
Changed Dispenser and Oak Sapling textures. Cool.
Added Desert Wells. I wonder where this is going? Desert strongholds? Or just a small addition to look cool? Either way it's pretty awesome.
Players are slowed when going through Vines due to their nature of being a collision-less Ladders. Really doesn't affect me.
Creepers run away from Cats and also stalk players. Nice, but in what way stalk?
Cats can be told to sit. Cool.
Mobs no longer attempt to jump over Nether Brick Fences. Cool
Villagers will try to detect village houses and live in them. Awesome!  big_smile
Villagers will roam around at Day and stay inside at Night. Loving all the villager stuff.  big_smile
Villagers are able to open and close Doors. Yay!
Lava now has sounds. That's good, but I don't much like them.
Abandoned Mine Shafts now bridge over gaps in paths. Useful.
Enchantment Tables no longer require Experience in Creative Mode. Um, then why add exp bottles? I guess for survival but spawning in stuff.
Redstone-related items can be placed on Glowstone Blocks again. Geez, if only this had been earlier. I had to do a ton of changing to The Adventures of Revesila because redstone had been on glowstone.
You can get Dead Bushes by using shears on them. Eh, I guess that's good, but I don't really care.
Death screen has a slight delay before buttons become active, to avoid accidentally clicking buttons when killed.  I've never experienced accidental clicking but I that's still pretty good.
Survival MultiPlayer mob hitboxes are fixed, so they apply to the full mob, instead of only the head. Yes!  big_smile
Doors have been changed to properly detect if they are open or closed. Double Doors in existing maps will need to be updated. That's good.
Placing two Pressure Plates directly in front of doors and stepping on them will open them correctly. Cool, though I don't really use pressure plates by doors much.
When stepping on a single Pressure Plate only the door on that side will open. Ok.
When stepping on both Pressure Plates both doors will open. Ok.
Villager's AI has been improved. Yay!
Villagers socialize with each other and passive mobs. yikes   big_smile
Villagers go inside for shelter when it's raining. I like how realistic this is getting.
Villagers run away from Zombies. Eh, I guess that's cool.
When a player aggros a hostile mob, it will continue to track the player despite being attacked by other mobs. Awww. :c
Zombie's AI has been improved. O.o
On Hard difficulty and Hardcore Mode, zombies break down Doors. Oh geez.
On normal and easy Difficulty, zombies attack but will not break down Doors. Ok.
Zombies chase and attack Villagers. Meanies. >:c
Zombies attack doors when attempting to escape sunlight. Oh God, they're getting smart.
Cats meow, cry, howl, purr and hiss. Cute. :3
Doors make banging sounds when Zombies attack them. This'll be annoying.
Better movement for mobs in Water. Ok..
Added rare Item drops for mobs. OMG AWESOME.
Zombies have a rare chance to drop a Iron Ingot, Iron Helmet, Iron Shovel, or an Iron Sword. This'll be great for SkyBlock Survival where you have no iron.
Skeletons have a rare chance to drop a Bow or an Enchanted Bow. So freaking awesome.
Zombie Pigmen have a rare chance to drop a Golden Helmet, Gold Ingot, Golden Sword, or an Enchanted Golden Sword. Nice.
Pressing F1 disables hitbox outlines on blocks. Ok cool.
Monster Spawners now show correct mobs in multiplayer. Kthxbye piggyspawners
Snow Golems take damage from rain and water. I don't mind.
World format changed for the second time, conned "Anvil", with an automatic world converter from the current "McRegion". As of now, no news on the conversion of previous world format. Ooh.
Maximum build height increasing to 256 (was 128). YES YES YES.
Empty sections of the world will be not loaded into memory. Huh?
Block ids will be increased to 4096 (is 256) by adding a 4 bit data layer (similar to how meta data is stored).
Block ordering will be changed from x/z/y to y/z/x in order to improve compression.
Packets for sending chunks will be updated (a full 128-high chunk is smaller than the old format, and a chunk with lots of empty space is much smaller).
Biomes will be saved per x/z column, which means they can be altered by tools.
Light calculations in SMP will take place client-side
A new lightsource, that is controlled by redstone (Lamp?)  Can't freaking wait!!
Villagers repopulate villages based on the number of houses BABIES.  big_smile  (They're so small  yikes )
Villagers will fall in love and run indoors together. yikes
Villagers will have some type of defense. Yay.  big_smile
Sieges between zombies and villagers. yikes

[/b]

Oh geez my fingers are sore.

#5615 2012-02-15 07:02:35

lunarman42
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

I completely disagree. Minecraft is possibly the only quality 99% glitch free game where you can edit your world to your liking. If you're on Scratch, you should like Minecraft, seeing that both are creative programs/games.

http://mag.racked.eu/cimage/i5009.2/lunarman42/Scratchin.39.+away/mca.png

#5616 2012-02-15 07:06:56

werdna123
Scratcher

lunarman42 wrote:

wolvesstar97 wrote:

I completely disagree. Minecraft is possibly the only quality 99% glitch free game where you can edit your world to your liking. If you're on Scratch, you should like Minecraft, seeing that both are creative programs/games.

Actually minecraft has a ton of glitches. And that last sentence isn't true. Just because they're very very very slightly related doesn't mean people would like both.

#5617 2012-02-15 07:09:29

lunarman42
Scratcher

Yeah, but I'm saying Minecraft doesn't have glitches that don't allow you to play the game everywhere you look. And I worded that last sentence wrong, maybe you get what I mean.

http://mag.racked.eu/cimage/i5009.2/lunarman42/Scratchin.39.+away/mca.png

#5618 2012-02-15 07:10:39

werdna123
Scratcher

lunarman42 wrote:

Yeah, but I'm saying Minecraft doesn't have glitches that don't allow you to play the game everywhere you look. And I worded that last sentence wrong, maybe you get what I mean.

That's true, and I don't get what you mean about the last sentence.  tongue

#5619 2012-02-15 07:38:51

agscratcher
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

Can't tell if trying to promote product or trying to insult Minecraft by saying an awful program can make a better game.

Either way, please leave. Only MC fans are allowed to post here.

I don't get why dislikers come and post here. It makes no sense. It's like going through a MLP thread just to post pictures of F40PHs. (which you can't now)

http://narwhaler.com/img/yu/5/no-barrel-i-insist-after-you-spiderman-yU5Ua7.jpg

#5620 2012-02-15 08:13:03

ProgrammingFreak
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

Vines are climbable if you push into a solid block while next to them. This will be useful for tree-houses and stuff.
Added jungle biomes (requires a new world or new chunks) with ferns and new wood and leaf types. They look awesome.  big_smile
Dispensers dispensing Spawn Eggs will place Mobs instead of simply dispensing the eggs. So so useful for adventure maps!
Spawn eggs are now stackable. What's the point, since you only use them on creative?
Wolves have new AI and can be bred using Raw Chicken, Cooked Chicken, Raw Porkchops, Cooked Porkchops, Raw Beef, Steak, or Rotten Flesh, when tamed. Awesome.  big_smile
New jungle-specific Ocelot mob that can be tamed into Cats using Raw Fish. They're really cool, awesome
Skeletons and Zombies burning from sunlight will flee to darkness or jump in Water. Now we'll have sees of monsters bobbing up and down. >.>
Mobs no longer attempt to walk over Signs or other non-solid Blocks if the drop below is too tall. There goes the majority of mob traps.
New Items:
Bottle o' Enchanting (Creative Mode) Still takes hundreds of bottles to get anything good...
) Say goodbye, chickens.
Added Desert Wells. I wonder where this is going? Desert strongholds? Or just a small addition to look cool? Either way it's pretty awesome.
Players are slowed when going through Vines due to their nature of being a collision-less Ladders. Really doesn't affect me.
Creepers run away from Cats and also stalk players. Nice, but in what way stalk?
Villagers will try to detect village houses and live in them. Awesome!  big_smile
Villagers will roam around at Day and stay inside at Night. Loving all the villager stuff.  big_smile
Enchantment Tables no longer require Experience in Creative Mode. Um, then why add exp bottles? I guess for survival but spawning in stuff.
Redstone-related items can be placed on Glowstone Blocks again. Geez, if only this had been earlier. I had to do a ton of changing to The Adventures of Revesila because redstone had been on glowstone.
You can get Dead Bushes by using shears on them. Eh, I guess that's good, but I don't really care.
Death screen has a slight delay before buttons become active, to avoid accidentally clicking buttons when killed.  I've never experienced accidental clicking but I that's still pretty good.
Survival MultiPlayer mob hitboxes are fixed, so they apply to the full mob, instead of only the head. Yes!  big_smile
Doors have been changed to properly detect if they are open or closed. Double Doors in existing maps will need to be updated. That's good.
Placing two Pressure Plates directly in front of doors and stepping on them will open them correctly. Cool, though I don't really use pressure plates by doors much.
When stepping on a single Pressure Plate only the door on that side will open. Ok.
Villagers go inside for shelter when it's raining. I like how realistic this is getting.
When a player aggros a hostile mob, it will continue to track the player despite being attacked by other mobs. Awww. :c
On normal and easy Difficulty, zombies attack but will not break down Doors. Ok.
Zombies attack doors when attempting to escape sunlight. Oh God, they're getting smart.
Zombies have a rare chance to drop a Iron Ingot, Iron Helmet, Iron Shovel, or an Iron Sword. This'll be great for SkyBlock Survival where you have no iron.
Skeletons have a rare chance to drop a Bow or an Enchanted Bow. So freaking awesome.
Zombie Pigmen have a rare chance to drop a Golden Helmet, Gold Ingot, Golden Sword, or an Enchanted Golden Sword. Nice.
World format changed for the second time, conned "Anvil", with an automatic world converter from the current "McRegion". As of now, no news on the conversion of previous world format. Ooh.
Block ids will be increased to 4096 (is 256) by adding a 4 bit data layer (similar to how meta data is stored).
Block ordering will be changed from x/z/y to y/z/x in order to improve compression.
Packets for sending chunks will be updated (a full 128-high chunk is smaller than the old format, and a chunk with lots of empty space is much smaller).
A new lightsource, that is controlled by redstone (Lamp?)  Can't freaking wait!!
Villagers repopulate villages based on the number of houses BABIES.  big_smile  (They're so small  yikes )

[/b]

That looks amazing. D:
Now I can rule the world with my FELINE FRIENDS.

#5621 2012-02-15 08:59:46

rabbit1131
Scratcher

YAAAYAYAYAYYAA
Can't wait for 1.2  big_smile   big_smile
New youtube show: Extreme griefing
(Fire, fireballs, zombies, lava, TNT)

The Intergalactic Adventures of Revesilia! I hope you will partake in this gigantic undertaking, to build the sequel to the hit map The Adventures of Revesilia! The Intergalactic Adventures of Revesilia Map Builders Application thread! http://internetometer.com/image/35004.png

#5622 2012-02-15 09:09:51

Alternatives
Scratcher

When's 1.2 coming?

I want to have a tribe of wolves and the new cat bromandudeguysirgentlemen thing

http://i42.tinypic.com/98vmms.png
Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say. I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way.

#5623 2012-02-15 11:45:28

Liru
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

-_-

Also, aren't firecharges like, superoverpowered?

Last edited by Liru (2012-02-15 11:45:56)

#5624 2012-02-15 11:50:52

werdna123
Scratcher

Liru wrote:

werdna123 wrote:

-_-

Ohhhh.  tongue

#5625 2012-02-15 11:58:09

schusteralex2
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

New Items:
) Say goodbye, chickens.

[/b]

This is going to be EPIC  big_smile   big_smile

http://i44.tinypic.com/2uj37ds.gif

Board footer