This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2012-01-28 14:28:36

schusteralex2
Scratcher

Re: Discuss the Policies of This Forum

scimonster wrote:

Can stuff that we're getting go here too? If yes, don't you think Making & Creating is  a bit redundant, and one should be changed to Getting?

or maybe "Things we are Doing"??

http://i44.tinypic.com/2uj37ds.gif

#27 2012-01-28 14:45:21

Lightnin
Scratch Team

scimonster wrote:

Can stuff that we're getting go here too? If yes, don't you think Making & Creating is  a bit redundant, and one should be changed to Getting?

I wouldn't think so... getting isn't really as creative as, well, creating.  smile

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#28 2012-01-28 22:08:49

jji7skyline
Scratcher

I really think that there should be another forum for opinions. A lot of the good topics in a the old Misc, was based on opinions and discussions on current world events, and other matters, but that doesn't really fit anywhere now.

Please consider this seriously  smile

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!  big_smile

#29 2012-01-28 22:17:43

Liru
Scratcher

jji7skyline wrote:

I really think that there should be another forum for opinions. A lot of the good topics in a the old Misc, was based on opinions and discussions on current world events, and other matters, but that doesn't really fit anywhere now.

This.

Misc wasn't doing so well because of the loose rules, now we can split it into 3 main sections:

Making my own thing
Using a thing someone made
Opinions on a thing

#30 2012-01-29 04:47:49

werdna123
Scratcher

Liru wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

This.

Misc wasn't doing so well because of the loose rules, now we can split it into 3 main sections:

Making my own thing
Opinions on a thing

I agree, though, no offence, sucky names.  tongue

#31 2012-01-29 08:53:59

jslomba
Scratcher

Liru wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

This.

Making my own thing
Opinions on a thing

or Opinions on Something

the the the the the

#32 2012-01-29 11:16:31

TheDogIslandFan
Scratcher

How about....
"ANY THREAD THAT IS SPAMMY,DUPLICATE OF ANOTHER THREAD OR IS EXTREMLY NONE RELATED TO SCRATCH (LIKE MISCELLANEOUS WAS) IT WILL GET INSTANTLY REMOVED"

http://www.eggcave.com/egg/787454.png

#33 2012-01-29 13:15:24

jslomba
Scratcher

TheDogIslandFan wrote:

How about....
"ANY THREAD THAT IS SPAMMY,DUPLICATE OF ANOTHER THREAD OR IS EXTREMLY NONE RELATED TO SCRATCH (LIKE MISCELLANEOUS WAS) IT WILL GET INSTANTLY REMOVED"

dude
misc. was a forum
not a thread

the the the the the

#34 2012-01-29 13:30:14

Berry122
Scratcher

jji7skyline wrote:

^^ This...!

https://p.twimg.com/Am8IhUsCAAAfgNs.jpg

#35 2012-01-29 13:45:35

puppymk
Scratcher

TheDogIslandFan wrote:

How about....

The thing is, a lot of times things get duplicated by accident. Like when the user didn't know there was already a thread like that.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60598636/puppymk-sig.png

#36 2012-01-29 13:48:43

puppymk
Scratcher

schusteralex2 wrote:

scimonster wrote:

or maybe "Things we are Doing"??

but if it was "things are doing" people might Spam in it because anything you do is .. well doing. Good idea though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60598636/puppymk-sig.png

#37 2012-01-29 14:00:12

imnotbob
Scratcher

jslomba wrote:

TheDogIslandFan wrote:

How about....

dude
misc. was a forum
not a thread

PesterChum Handle: annoyingAnchorman
durp yo terezi sup sup gotta beat john gotta beat john

#38 2012-01-29 14:09:59

RedRocker227
Scratcher

imnotbob wrote:

jslomba wrote:

TheDogIslandFan wrote:

How about....

dude
misc. was a forum
not a thread

I think he/she was suggesting another guideline.

Why

#39 2012-01-29 16:38:38

soupoftomato
Scratcher

puppymk wrote:

TheDogIslandFan wrote:

How about....

The thing is, a lot of times things get duplicated by accident. Like when the user didn't know there was already a thread like that.

But it should still be removed, did they know or not.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#40 2012-01-29 18:26:27

jji7skyline
Scratcher

Berry122 wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

^^ This...!

Thanks for the support berry  smile

#41 2012-01-29 19:09:30

WindozeNT
Scratcher

CheeseMunchy wrote:

Are topics like, "look at my new sig" allowed?

I hope not. -_-

http://i48.tinypic.com/rlyo80.png
Ever since Misc was killed, I've pretty much stopped going to Scratch Forums...

#42 2012-01-29 21:17:49

jslomba
Scratcher

WindozeNT wrote:

CheeseMunchy wrote:

Are topics like, "look at my new sig" allowed?

I hope not. -_-

I think it could go in Timac, you're creating a new sig.

the the the the the

#43 2012-01-30 09:11:13

elfin8er
Scratcher

jji7skyline wrote:

Yeah. Maybe, your thought on who's going to win the superbowl, what's your favorite programming langue, what do you think about Alien ware, things like that.

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o723/stevetheipad/goldlittlesig.png

#44 2012-01-30 10:08:50

rabbit1131
Scratcher

I just had an idea for the titles of the new topics.
My creations
My interests

Last edited by rabbit1131 (2012-01-30 10:08:58)

The Intergalactic Adventures of Revesilia! I hope you will partake in this gigantic undertaking, to build the sequel to the hit map The Adventures of Revesilia! The Intergalactic Adventures of Revesilia Map Builders Application thread! http://internetometer.com/image/35004.png

#45 2012-01-30 14:01:48

schusteralex2
Scratcher

rabbit1131 wrote:

I just had an idea for the titles of the new topics.
My creations
My interests

+1

http://i44.tinypic.com/2uj37ds.gif

#46 2012-01-30 16:59:03

jji7skyline
Scratcher

elfin8er wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

Yeah. Maybe, your thought on who's going to win the superbowl, what's your favorite programming langue, what do you think about Alien ware, things like that.

Exactly  wink

#47 2012-01-30 21:08:58

Lightnin
Scratch Team

jji7skyline wrote:

elfin8er wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

Exactly  wink

My concern is that creating a space just for opinions is creating a space that will likely take a lot of energy to moderate, since lots of people have opinions, and lots of people love to disagree about them and feel compelled to discuss them endlessly.  This comic sums it up beautifully.

Now, there's nothing wrong with people sharing their general opinions via the web and discussifying to their heart's content. But why not do so in a space that is designed for that sort of thing? (like reddit, or one of the zillion other discussion forums on the webs). If we make a space for that on our forums, I suspect it'll get used a ton and start to distract us and the community from what this community is about: making awesome stuff with Scratch.

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#48 2012-01-30 21:50:12

soupoftomato
Scratcher

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/rma/lowres/rman41l.jpg

Also, enjoyment of science deemed not appropriate discussion. D:

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#49 2012-01-30 23:49:03

jji7skyline
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

elfin8er wrote:

Exactly  wink

My concern is that creating a space just for opinions is creating a space that will likely take a lot of energy to moderate, since lots of people have opinions, and lots of people love to disagree about them and feel compelled to discuss them endlessly.  This comic sums it up beautifully.

Now, there's nothing wrong with people sharing their general opinions via the web and discussifying to their heart's content. But why not do so in a space that is designed for that sort of thing? (like reddit, or one of the zillion other discussion forums on the webs). If we make a space for that on our forums, I suspect it'll get used a ton and start to distract us and the community from what this community is about: making awesome stuff with Scratch.

Still, I think there should be a opinion section, another reason being, that the Making and Creating section is ok, but the reading and playing section doesn't really apply to me, since I read books, but don't play a lot of games, and I'm not really into games.

What about renaming the Making and Creating section "Creativity"?

Both forums also sound like Twittery type topics if you know what I mean. I don't like those kind of topics, and thankfully, not many of those have been made yet, but both titles seem to make it sound so, especially to new members.

What is your opinion on this?  smile

#50 2012-01-31 08:41:39

maxskywalker
Scratcher

Wait a minute- 'science' isn't allowed here?!

Board footer