This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-10-31 17:21:08

dingdong
Scratcher

proccesser power and graphics need to be used!!!!

scratch is an awkward program for it to be a critical animation/game designer it needs to run of the proccesser on your computer. For instance if you had a intel quad-core (the highest proccesser) it wouldn't change the capabilities of scratch. And the graphics card to, it needs able to detect how good it is, like an N-vidia 3000 (very goo graphics card) could make scratch capable of producing life-like graphics! if scratch could be capable of doing this it could be almost sold at stores! thanks!

cool  produces

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2829/superanbanner.png
click the image for my music

#2 2007-10-31 17:34:43

archmage
Scratcher

Re: proccesser power and graphics need to be used!!!!

Scratch is awkward program to produce professional pieces of work but processing power has noting to do with it. Scratch lacks many features found in professional software.

Hi, I am Archmage coder extraordinaire. I do Scratch,pascal,java,php,html, AS2 and AS3. Leave me a message if you want coding advice. Also check out my personal website, lots of good stuff about web development, Flash, and Scratch (v1 and v2) !

#3 2007-11-01 14:13:58

kevin_karplus
Scratcher

Re: proccesser power and graphics need to be used!!!!

The point of scratch is not to be a tool for producing professional animations or games, but to allow children to create their own games and animations.  Simplicity for kids just beginning to learn to program is far more important in scratch than the quality of the final animations.

Board footer