This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-03-29 02:00:11

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

Somewhat of a Newbie...

Hello, everyone, my name is cheddargirl, but you can call me "cheddar" for short.

You probably have seen me around lurking in the forums as of late, trying to help people and offer suggestions. But, I realized I forgot to do something else:

I forgot to formally introduce myself.

I've been on the SCRATCH website for about five to six months now, originally using it as a means to download projects and also show projects to other classmates of my Programming I class (in which SCRATCH was used as a means to learn programming in C++).

I enjoy puzzle games (especially the hard ones!) and games that incorporate learning concepts, but I'm partial to platform games as well. I have a fondness for science (especially chemistry), but I love art and history as well. In my spare time, I like drawing, playing the piano, composing music, and toying with fractal programs... and yes, of course, doing projects on SCRATCH.

I hope to you guys check out my projects and enjoy viewing them, just as much as I enjoy browsing around and viewing yours.  smile

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#2 2009-03-29 04:02:52

tomgalaxyzoo
Scratcher

Re: Somewhat of a Newbie...

Dont feel bad about not introuding yourself, i didnt and nothing to me that was bad!

<forever> Galaxy Zoo!
smile  smile  smile  smile  woof woof!  smile  sad  big_smile  yikes  wink  hmm  tongue  lol  mad  roll  cool

#3 2009-03-29 04:59:26

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

That's a great introduction!  Here's my belated "Welcome to Scratch"  smile

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#4 2009-03-29 19:46:26

insaneimages
Scratcher

Cheddar,
     I've seen you helping people out and I am having trobble downloading scratch 1.3.1.  The webpage pops up for the download but when it finishes loading it says "Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage" but my internet connection is fine and everything else works perfectly but it just doesn't work no matter what I do.  So if you have any comments or sugesstions please either email me at [removed by Forum Moderator] or post back.  Thank you so much,

Insane Images!!!

#5 2009-03-29 20:09:19

abeair
Scratcher

insaneimages wrote:

Cheddar,
     I've seen you helping people out and I am having trobble downloading scratch 1.3.1.  The webpage pops up for the download but when it finishes loading it says "Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage" but my internet connection is fine and everything else works perfectly but it just doesn't work no matter what I do.  So if you have any comments or sugesstions please either email me at  [removed by Forum Moderator] or post back.  Thank you so much,

Insane Images!!!

Try using Firefox to download it.

http://dragcave.net/image/NPtA.gif
http://www.danasoft.com/sig/ObamaLovesMacs.jpg

#6 2009-03-29 21:46:48

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

insaneimages wrote:

Cheddar,
     I've seen you helping people out and I am having trobble downloading scratch 1.3.1.  The webpage pops up for the download but when it finishes loading it says "Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage" but my internet connection is fine and everything else works perfectly but it just doesn't work no matter what I do.  So if you have any comments or sugesstions please post back.  Thank you so much,

Insane Images!!!

Hmm, that message usually comes up when a website is overtaxed with visitors, and/or if a connection to the website goes haywire and IE saves it as a cookie, or when your own computer is overtaxed with an enormous amount of memory usage. Try these tips:

(1) Clear your browser cache. Refresh your computer if you have to.
(2) Try using a different browser, preferably one that doesn't use up so much memory space when running (such as Mozilla Firefox or Flock). IE is one of the web browsers that uses a large amount of memory space, as thus, is often slow on comparison to other browsers.
(3) If you're running any other application, turn them off. Also, if you have a tabbed webpage/another open browser window in which the webpage is using a lot of heavy applications (such as Flash players, Quicktime players, Adobe Acrobat pdf readers, Java applications), close them.
(4) If schedule permitting, go on the SCRATCH website on a time when most visitors are not likely online (like the time between lunch and dinner).

Hope this helps you out!  smile

Last edited by cheddargirl (2009-03-29 23:44:58)

Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#7 2009-03-31 07:22:27

tomgalaxyzoo
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

insaneimages wrote:

Cheddar,
     I've seen you helping people out and I am having trobble downloading scratch 1.3.1.  The webpage pops up for the download but when it finishes loading it says "Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage" but my internet connection is fine and everything else works perfectly but it just doesn't work no matter what I do.  So if you have any comments or sugesstions please post back.  Thank you so much,

Insane Images!!!

Hmm, that message usually comes up when a website is overtaxed with visitors, and/or if a connection to the website goes haywire and IE saves it as a cookie, or when your own computer is overtaxed with an enormous amount of memory usage. Try these tips:

(1) Clear your browser cache. Refresh your computer if you have to.
(2) Try using a different browser, preferably one that doesn't use up so much memory space when running (such as Mozilla Firefox or Flock). IE is one of the web browsers that uses a large amount of memory space, as thus, is often slow on comparison to other browsers.
(3) If you're running any other application, turn them off. Also, if you have a tabbed webpage/another open browser window in which the webpage is using a lot of heavy applications (such as Flash players, Quicktime players, Adobe Acrobat pdf readers, Java applications), close them.
(4) If schedule permitting, go on the SCRATCH website on a time when most visitors are not likely online (like the time between lunch and dinner).

Hope this helps you out!  smile

Good to see youre helping people  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile

<forever> Galaxy Zoo!
smile  smile  smile  smile  woof woof!  smile  sad  big_smile  yikes  wink  hmm  tongue  lol  mad  roll  cool

#8 2009-03-31 14:22:00

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

tomgalaxyzoo wrote:

Good to see youre helping people  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile

I like to help people out when I can. After all, helping people out is what helps the SCRATCH community grow and improve  big_smile

Board footer