This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#51 2011-05-13 17:15:16

ihaveamac
Scratcher

Re: Scratch 2.0 Update: Moving to the Cloud

Lightnin wrote:

Liduen wrote:

(long post removed)

Ah, I hate to have to mention it, but scratch is on the world wide web, and the web does have some creeps / bullies on it. So sharing projects with specific other people - like "friends" only - is probably not going to be an option.   sad  It would be too easy to share a mean attack project with a specific person. So I don't think we can open a channel for people to say things privately to a particular person. Since no one else could see it, no one else could flag it. We need everything to be public to everyone (so anyone can see it and flag it) or private to the creator themselves.

What about private to a certain group? It could go like
1) If you send an invite for a group project, the others have to agree or not, and the group creator has to approve of it (if you did not create the group). You cannot force anyone in.
2) If you are sent an invite, you can accept it or not, and preview the project first if there is one. The invite should also have text.
The Scratch Team should still be able to moderate the projects that are being made on the cloud with a group. All of the group members can report the project if there is innapropriate content being made by a user and the user continues to post it in. When reported, the project is sent and the user's name to the ST.
Maybe in Scratch 2.0, the program can detect bad words for anything (variables, costumes as long as they are typed, sprite names, project name, etc.) and block them.

And you should be able to also block invites from a certain user (if you're being invited) and/or block users from joining/being invited to the group so all the group members cannot send group invites to the blocked user.

Oh, and what about realtime editing like google wave did if possible?  tongue

Last edited by ihaveamac (2011-05-13 17:16:52)

~ihaveamac - visit ihaveamac.net

#52 2011-05-13 18:15:02

EzekielE
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Liduen wrote:

Some Text

Ah, I hate to have to mention it, but scratch is on the world wide web, and the web does have some creeps / bullies on it. So sharing projects with specific other people - like "friends" only - is probably not going to be an option.   sad  It would be too easy to share a mean attack project with a specific person. So I don't think we can open a channel for people to say things privately to a particular person. Since no one else could see it, no one else could flag it. We need everything to be public to everyone (so anyone can see it and flag it) or private to the creator themselves.

Hmm, how about needing to accept a request?

http://mag.racked.eu/cimage/i2260/Achievement++get%21/Find+a+Disk/mca.pnghttp://ezekielelin.com/1x1Gif/image.php

#53 2011-05-13 19:31:13

Liduen
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Liduen wrote:

(long post removed)

Yeah, I didn't think about that Lightnin.

ihaveamac wrote:

...2) If you are sent an invite, you can accept it or not, and preview the project first if there is one. The invite should also have text.
The Scratch Team should still be able to moderate the projects that are being made on the cloud with a group. All of the group members can report the project if there is innapropriate content being made by a user and the user continues to post it in. When reported, the project is sent and the user's name to the ST.
Maybe in Scratch 2.0, the program can detect bad words for anything (variables, costumes as long as they are typed, sprite names, project name, etc.) and block them.

True, but (now that i think about it), previewing the project could still have...problems and people could (unfortunatly) lie about what the project is about. and could you imagine trying to monitor all those projects? 0_o

Maybe everyone can see it, but only certain people can edit (like you need a password or something that gets sent with an invite).

I like the filter idea though  big_smile

Atra esterní ono thelduin, mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr, un du evarínya ono varda.http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/Liduen/1906362_sm.pngJoin Scratch Writers!

#54 2011-05-13 19:55:34

illusionist
Retired Community Moderator

Lightnin wrote:

Liduen wrote:

Maybe we just need a system...
Share with the World: makes project visible to ALL scratchers
Share with Friends: makes project visible to select Scratchers like those who are testing the project for you. Can't edit (unless downloaded) Maybe you need a password?
Private: Not visible to anyone but yourself
Collab Share: Shares with people in your Collab and allows for people to edit it at the same time. Saved on all user's profiles as soon as they make an edit.

I used ideas from others but just put them together in the same post (added Collab Share though)  smile

...and collaborative (multiplayer!) project creation? I have a mockup in the works...  big_smile

http://i.imgur.com/8LX1NrV.png

#55 2011-05-13 21:53:07

ihaveamac
Scratcher

Liduen wrote:

True, but (now that i think about it), previewing the project could still have...problems and people could (unfortunatly) lie about what the project is about. and could you imagine trying to monitor all those projects? 0_o

Well, maybe when you are sent an invite, you can preview the project (there is no option to disable this) and also the source code. You are also informed of any changes and can leave a group, and no one can stop you from leaving.

#56 2011-05-13 22:00:29

ihaveamac
Scratcher

Or if the sharing with certain people on Scratch will never be an option, then everyone can just share the project through their e-mail or messenger or something. Maybe make it so we can also collaborate together without using the Scratch site, we can just connect directly with other computers....and edit in realtime?  tongue

Last edited by ihaveamac (2011-05-13 22:03:30)

#57 2011-05-13 22:17:32

hdarken
Scratcher

It might spoil the final version.

http://i.imgur.com/VskBk.png
http://i.imgur.com/tgxVZ.jpg

#58 2011-05-14 19:00:46

Kileymeister
Scratcher

Also, won't little projects people make such as tests, engines, or Scratch doodles be uploaded if drafts are shared online?  Things would get really cluttered and no one would be able to find your good projects.

Last edited by Kileymeister (2011-05-14 19:00:59)

I'm back, and showcasing two new* projects!  Click left or right on the image below to see!
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7905/part1l.pnghttp://img859.imageshack.us/img859/6417/part2bf.png

#59 2011-05-14 23:09:42

arajan
Scratcher

I think that there should be an option to either share your projects while they're still being developed, share them to a certain group of people, or just keep working without sharing them until they're done!

A-PAD: A virtual ipad, where individual  games are combined to make a software where multiple games are played on one project, all of the application on the A-PAD are as high quality as of individual projects themselves! http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/arajan/1901812

#60 2011-05-14 23:53:21

arajan
Scratcher

I think there should be an option called "collab group" where for one certain project all the members of the group (they'd have to accept) would be able to view what was going on (including working with them on the project at the same time!)

arajan wrote:

I think that there should be an option to either share your projects while they're still being developed, share them to a certain group of people, or just keep working without sharing them until they're done!

A-PAD: A virtual ipad, where individual  games are combined to make a software where multiple games are played on one project, all of the application on the A-PAD are as high quality as of individual projects themselves! http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/arajan/1901812

#61 2011-05-15 00:59:10

scimonster
Community Moderator

Ashurathehedgehog wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

It would be too easy to share a mean attack project with a specific person.

You guys could make it so that it wouldn't be shared if an attack project.

How would they do that? That would take lots of time and resources that they don't have. ^^

#62 2011-05-15 04:37:17

MrScoop
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

"What do you think? Should Scratchers be able to see each other’s draft projects?"

This is an interesting idea, and I have seen a suggestion in the suggestion forums explaining that they want a "hidden projects" feature, where only they can see it even though it is online- this could be implemented, but specific people would be able to view it (of the scratcher's choice)- a new way to beta test things.

#63 2011-05-15 06:23:27

Ashurathehedgehog
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Ashurathehedgehog wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

It would be too easy to share a mean attack project with a specific person.

You guys could make it so that it wouldn't be shared if an attack project.

How would they do that?

easy...just make it like not being allowed to re-upload a removed project that is flagged and inappropriate

Oh great. hit my 100th post. thankz liru.

#64 2011-05-15 22:58:20

Hardmath123
Scratcher

Maybe  you should be able to store just sprites/scripts/sounds online-like Scratch Resources,except that online projects can access them.

Hardmaths-MacBook-Pro:~ Hardmath$ sudo make $(whoami) a sandwich

#65 2011-05-16 03:40:08

ssss
Scratcher

I think that you should be able to share your projects while being developed if you want.  There would be three options:

1.  Share to the whole community.

2.  Share to a group of people.

3. Don't share

4.  Save on your computer

This would just be like uploading a normal project, however it comes up as [Dev]-Project Name

These people can select an option to  'Do not allow project requests from ___'   They then fill out a form why they don't want to receive project requests from this person.  They could aslo select 'Opt out of project sharing' This would stop them from getting requests from everyone (Like popular people, such as 08jackt)

Just like normal storage, only you store it on the scratch server

Instead of saving on the server, save it locally.  Good if going on car trips

Hey.  It's me SSSS, back from the dead!  smile

#66 2011-05-16 03:46:03

scimonster
Community Moderator

ssss wrote:

I think that you should be able to share your projects while being developed if you want.  There would be three options:

3. Don't share

This would just be like uploading a normal project, however it comes up as [Dev]-Project Name

Why "[Dev]-Project Name"? Isn't that the regular upload?

#67 2011-05-16 03:48:37

ssss
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

ssss wrote:

3. Don't share

Yes.  But You tick off 'Not finished'  And then the name will automatically change to [dev]Your project

#68 2011-05-16 03:56:24

scimonster
Community Moderator

ssss wrote:

scimonster wrote:

ssss wrote:

Yes.  But You tick off 'Not finished'  And then the name will automatically change to [dev]Your project

Oh, this is while being developed. I didn't see that.

#69 2011-05-16 03:56:57

ssss
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

ssss wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Lol.  What do you think of the options?

#70 2011-05-16 03:58:58

scimonster
Community Moderator

ssss wrote:

scimonster wrote:

ssss wrote:

I think the share to group has been vetoed a few times already, but there definitely should be a save on database or computer option.  smile

#71 2011-05-16 18:00:20

ssss
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

ssss wrote:

scimonster wrote:

I think the share to group has been vetoed a few times already, but there definitely should be a save on database or computer option.  smile

... I said you can opt in or opt out to the group.  and Scratch team always see them.  And you say why you don't want requests from a certain person.

#72 2011-05-16 18:31:55

lilacfuzz101
Scratcher

ssss wrote:

scimonster wrote:

ssss wrote:

... I said you can opt in or opt out to the group.  and Scratch team always see them.  And you say why you don't want requests from a certain person.

wouldn't it be hard for the ST and mods to monitor all those projects? just sayin'

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzqaicLrY01r5wdo7o1_500.gif

#73 2011-05-17 06:12:36

ssss
Scratcher

lilacfuzz101 wrote:

ssss wrote:

scimonster wrote:

wouldn't it be hard for the ST and mods to monitor all those projects? just sayin'

-_-  That's what the point of why you don't want to except the friends project requests -_-

#74 2011-05-17 06:16:06

scimonster
Community Moderator

ssss wrote:

lilacfuzz101 wrote:

ssss wrote:

-_-  That's what the point of why you don't want to except the friends project requests -_-

*accept *friends'
Well, I think all you have to do is flag the test...

#75 2011-05-17 07:44:36

16Skittles
Scratcher

I think they should not.
Maybe there could be a beta test setting, where a randomly selected group of scratchers (everyone could join the beta testing queue) could see the program (they would sign up and select the tags that they're most interested in). This way, a few beta testers could see the project without showing it to the entire community.

Also, is there a scratch 2.0 screenshot that I can see and we can use for mockups?

http://16skittles.tk/sig.png
Are you a student? Check out OnSchedule!

Board footer